A Man's First Love

A Man's First Love

n/a                           : It is similar with the episode 12 of Reply 1997, I guess

song of choice          : 2AM - Confession of A Friend (try playing it?)

-----

 

“What?”

Tao stayed still, his eyes confidently looking through her clear, dark chocolate orbs. He purposefully did not give quick response to her question, somehow frozen in his seat. After a moment, he took a deep breath and stared at her again.

“I like you.”

The time slowed down, or at least that’s what it seemed. Then, he saw her expression. The reaction she gave was exactly like what he expected. He watched as her eyes flickered repeatedly, her gaze wavering under his look.  The faint smile that was on her face earlier disappeared, replaced with a rigid, straight line that was formed on her pouty lips.

“You don’t know it, do you?” The question was partly rhetorical. He knew the answer already, honestly asking again would be useless.

She blinked again.

“I always like you.” With the courage and pride remaining inside him, he then decided to continue. “We have been together for a long time… Ever since we were born. We also grew up together and…” He trailed off, heaving out a sigh. “— And I don’t know since when I’ve grown fond on you, Yookyung.

“We’re friends from the beginning and frankly speaking, I never want to taint our friendship with this… This feeling.” He then put one hand over his chest, to where his heart lied. “I know better that I should just hold it in. I should not confess at all, I told myself.”

He went into a slight pause, his eyes still staring intensely at the girl. She did not look away.

“… However, things got complicated and I guess, a part of me, a big-headed part of me thinking… That maybe you feel something too about me. That maybe you like me, even for the slightest bit.” He looked down to his knees momentarily, a bitter smile gracing his lips. “So, I braced myself. Remember a week ago when I picked you up after your cheerleading competition? I wanted to confess at that time. But, something – something held me back. You know what that is?”

Like before, Yookyung spoke no words.

“My hyung– Kris hyung,” emphasized him. “He drove me there. We talked a bit… and do you know what did he tell me?”

She still had her gaze locked with his.

“… He likes you.”

He watched as the glint in her eyes changed.

“You don’t know that too?” He chuckled softly, sadly. “Of course. You are way too innocent to… No. Tell me this. Do you really have no idea about this at all, or are you pretending not to know?”

She swallowed down the big lump on , “I-I don’t know, Tao—”

“But now you know,” interrupted him. His tone was flat and icythat was how she would describe it.

The air was heavy, the intimidating atmosphere engulfed the two people inside the spacious room. Both were sitting across each others, however their eyes refused to meet. The slow music in the background slowly faded and the only thing they could hear was their own thoughts. Their dry lips were fully shut. No one dared to talk, as if silence was the only option they had.

They were too occupied having internal battles with themselves, and neither of them wanted to break the serenity.

The quietness went on for a short time, but to their dismay, it did not last.

“I am sorry.” She blurted out eventually.

Tao simply looked up at her.

“I am one slow girl. I can’t catch up quickly. Dropping hints give me no justice too. You know I am the kind of person.” It was her turn to look down now. Nervously fiddling with her fingers, she then said, “I don’t know what to say no more. Your feelings… I am just flattered and I am grateful for it, but…

“… Can we just be friends like before?”

That blunt question eventually escaped her lips, the one thing he anticipated as well. Imagining her saying this hurt him already, and hearing it directly from her worsened him twice more – no, it made everything worse a thousand times more.

How can she ask that in such a calm manner? queried him inwardly.

Yookyung was waiting for his response.

He just raised his cup, drinking down the Americano he ordered earlier. It was not lukewarm anymore – just cold. The taste was no longer bitter. Maybe his tongue was wrong, maybe he just couldn’t feel the sensation, maybe he needed to drink more the coffee to make sure.

Or maybe he just couldn’t feel anything anymore.

“… Do you even consider my feelings– Do you even understand that that is too much to ask?” croaked him.

With the thought of not wanting to scare her, he had managed himself not to raise his voice an octave higher. He couldn’t just shout at the one he loved, no matter how much he wanted to. No matter how much he wanted to vent out his frustration and anger inside him at her. “… You want us back being friends? Are my feelings just some jokes to you?”

Desperate. That was how he sounded like.

A single tear slid down from the corner of her eye to her cheek, and she hurriedly wiped it away with the back of her hand. Another fat tears started b her eyes, he noticed it too, but all she did was controlling herself – blinking violently to prevent them from falling down. She was continuously chewing on her lower lip.

It would be a lie if he felt nothing upon seeing that sight.

It simply choked him up.

But he did not want to be sorry.

I’m not at fault. I’m the one hurt here.

“When… a man loves a woman – his first love… when he tells her he loves him… when he confesses everything, but it turns out she doesn’t have the same feelings like him…” He continued, his words only came out as a whisper. “That means he never wishes to see her ever again.”

He then rose from his seat, causing Yookyung to raise her head instinctively. The expression on his face was new. Like he said, she and him grew up together, but never once she witnessed that kind of look on his face before. For someone who usually expressed himself well, he was quite the expert on hiding his true feelings and emotions.

Even his pokerface was not that awkward. It was never that freezing.

She stood up, the chair she was sitting on created a screeching sound.

He looked over his shoulder, taking one last look of her.

Trembling, she called out his name.

“Friends?” He sarcastically said.

She shook her head violently. “No, please…”

“Are you kidding me?”

The sound of the door slamming was the mark,

that they were no longer best friends,

that they became strangers now,

that they were nothing,

from that moment until forever.

 

---

 

n/a:

__ryura is here!

so, what do you think?

post a comment! therefore i know

what you guys think about it, okay?

and keep reading my other stories

haha okay then, adios! c: