final

True happiness

Kibum giggled as he lay in the strong arms of his fiancé, the male swinging them softly. “You’re so sweaty.” He teased, poking out his tongue that was soon captured by the other. “I can’t help it. I have to stay fit.” Jonghyun, Kibum’s fiancé said as he flexed his arm, showing of his muscles. Kibum smiled proudly, his fingertips slowly feeling every hard curve. They sat down, in the backyard of the house that Jonghyun, and soon Kibum too, owned. “Let’s go out tomorrow.” Jonghyun suddenly said after a long silence. “Where too?” his fiancé asked curious, his eyes twinkled in excitement. “To find our perfect spot. Let’s get married out in the open!” Jonghyun explained, hands moving quickly as he explained the perfect area he had in his mind, Kibum listing with all his heart, blushing when the so-called-secret compliments was added. “Ok then.” He agreed, his head resting on the strong shoulder, eyes dreamily staring at the horizon, picturing every scene in his head. “It will be perfect.” He whispered as the sun slowly started too decent, the blue sky slowly turning orange.

Perfect fairytale are told by a mother who had found her happiness. She will gleam with pride as she tells her children the true happiness. They would look at her in full wonder as the wished for that same happy feeling. Just like them I wished for it too. And I had found it.

“What do you think?” Jonghyun asked, his steed walking the same pace as the other’s mare. Kibum shook his head, the space was too small, it would never fit their family and village that had eagerly wanted to come too. They had rose early from bed, the birds where still sleeping as they washed and dressed for today. The two horses walked a slow pace, once in a while climbing a steep area as they searched for the perfect spot. Suddenly Jonghyun stopped, his steed whined when his rider suddenly pulled the reign. “Jonghyun?” Kibum asked as he looked at the man with a confused look. “This is it!” Jonghyun said as he jumped of his horse, leading the animal to a tree where he binds him. Doing the same to mare, Jonghyun helped down his fiancé, who could only stare at the beautiful place. It was a cliff, that pointed towards the east, where the sunrises from his sleep. The area was big, that their village easily fit in with space to spare. It was shaded by two big oak trees, giving it a romantic look. “So what do you think?” the older man asked as he broke away from the scene. “It is wonderful, prefect even.” Kibum gasped, pulled away from his trance when he heard his fiancé laugh. “what so funny?’ he asked, a bit offended. “You are crying.” Jonghyun spoke; a hug smile plastered his face as he whipped away the salty water. Kibum blinked before he felt his cheek tingle, chuckling as he realized that he indeed was crying. “I guess we have found our spot.” The latter nodded as he buried his face into the other’s chest.

I had the perfect fiancé, the perfect spot and the perfect future. I couldn’t wish for more, I didn’t wish for more. I knew I had the perfect live, that I have found the perfect happiness.

“Do you really have to go?” Kibum cried, pulling onto the uniform of Jonghyun who could only give him a sadden smile. “I don’t want to but I have no choice, my men need me to lead them.” He tried to explain to his devastated Fiancé. “But I need you! Here with me! What about the wedding!?” Kibum voice rose as he continued to spill his tears. “When I return, be ready at the cliff. I won’t rest and get change right away, no, I will go with my broken uniform to you.” Jonghyun said, sitting down the shaking man. “I won’t wait a second longer than needed to get married to you.” he gently kissed the others cheek, before connecting their lips. “Wait for me there, until I have returned.” Jonghyun spoke as he stood up, the bells ringing as the troops would gather soon. “I promise.” Kibum said as he watched his man walk out of the door, sword in one hand, his helmet in the other. “I will always wait for you.” and the door slammed closed.

But nobody told me, that in every fairytale, you will have to suffer first. You will have to cry, beg and scream for the pain to stop. You try to pick up the pieces, make them one big piece again, to retrieve your happiness again.

“He will be here soon, don’t worry.” His mother told him, rubbing hers son’s shoulder. “I know, it is just I haven’t heard from in so long.” Kibum said as he looked over the cliff. It hadn’t been a day when he had gotten the news that the troops would return to their homes, so here he stood, the village watching him as he waited for his future husband. “I know, sweetie, but have faith.” Kibum gave his mother a smile, hugging the lady. “They are here!” a boy, who had stood on the lookout, ran yelling in happiness. “I saw daddy, mommy!” he screamed as he run into his mother’s arm. People cheered and murmured, but Kibum couldn’t share the happiness. He could only stare into the forest as he waited for the man he had waited for months. “Jonghyun?” the mother of the said man asked when a man came out of the shadows. But it was just Jinki, second in command and Jonghyun best friend. He walked up to the boy, his eyes casted down. “Jinki, w-where is he?”  Kibum asked, hoping he was mistaking the emotion he saw in the man’s eyes. “I am so sorry Kibum.” Jinki whispered. “He got killed.”

Just as you think you have it all together again, another disaster will happen, a bigger one. It will destroy you as you slowly fall into the darkness. Yet you still hold hope, the hope that you will be still happy again.

“Kibum, come back, winter is coming soon.” His mother said, wrapping a new blanket over her son’s boney shoulder. “no.” was the same answer she received every day. “He won’t be coming back, my dear, please accept it and move on.” The lady knew her son’s pain, having lost her own husband in the battle. “Yes he will.” Was Kibum’s ever hopeful answer. “I promised I would be here, waiting for him, and I won’t break It.” he whispered, turning his back to his own mother, who could only sigh in her defeat. ‘I am waiting for you, Jonghyun.’

Sometimes it is hope and patience what it takes to return to that path of true happiness. Sometimes it isn’t just time but a different one. Sometimes you will just have to stare, looking at the eternal darkness until you see a mirror of light.

“And here you see boys and girls, the statue of the waiting lover for the return of his lover.” The female spoke as she leaded the group of students to the statue. The stone man looked sadly at the spot they came from, his eyes full of sadness and hope, as if his lover could ever come out of the forest. “I can’t believe he waited so long for somebody.” Taemin said, walking in front of the group of friends. “I find it quite stupid.” Minho answered, crossing his arms as he frowned. “Who would wait for a dead lover?” he continued to say but hissed when he felt a poke to his side. He glared at Kibum, who glared back at him. “I don’t know I find it quite romantic, and sad.” The latter said as he sat on his knees, copying the male’s positions. “He looks like you Kibum.” Jinki joked with a pointy finger. “Yes he does, just like you!” Taemin yelled, but got quickly got hushed by everybody. Kibum stared at the statue again, only glancing sideways when he felt a body kneel beside him. “Would you wait for me like him?” Jonghyun, his boyfriend, asked with a cheesy smile. Minho made a barfing sound as Jinki and Taemin laughed. “Gosh get a room, love birds.” The former said as he turned around and walked back to the group, the other two in tow. Jonghyun and Kibum looked at each other as the laughed too. “So?” the older asked, with a hopeful gleam. The younger thought before he leaned his head on his boyfriend’s shoulder. “Yeah, I think I would.”

And when that mirror appears you will see yourself, staring at you with a gentle smile. As you stare into your own eyes, you can see the happiness bloom. Sometimes it just takes another ‘you’ for the happiness to really begin. And yourself?

“Have you been waiting long, my love?” a ghostly voice spoke into the statue’s ear. Animals panicked as they ran away from the unnatural thing, but the statue stood still. “I have finally arrived.” He spoke again, feeling a different air against his hands. “Jonghyun?” Kibum whispered as he turned around, seeing his lover face again. “That’s me.” Jonghyun whispered as he gently cupped his fiancé face. “O Jonghyun, I have missed you so much.” Kibum spoke as he hovered his hands over the others head, his ghostly tears streamed down his face. “I have missed you too.” The other spoke as he hugged the whimpering man. “I have waited for you, as I promised.” Kibum whispered as he chuckled sadly through his tears. “I know my love, I am so sorry you had to wait so long.” Jonghyun whispered as he pulled back to look into the glistering eyes. He smiled as he slowly leaned closer, their lips touching. “I love you, my love.”

You will also get the true happiness you wanted.