Sundays

Sundays
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Sundays

 

"Siwon, please forget about me" Kyuhyun uttered weakly with a beautiful smile on his face. 

He was laying on his side, on a cold hospital bed, his right hand caressing Siwon's sad face. 

Siwon wanted to cry hearing those words. How could Kyuhyun request such a thing with a smile?

"I never will." Siwon replied softly trying to press his face towards Kyuhyun's hand. He reached out to the soft skin of the younger's forearm, afraid that Kyuhyun would lose hold. "I am yours, faithfully." 

Siwon was trying to be strong; his face was grief-stricken but he wasn't crying. He made sure to only cry when Kyuhyun was asleep. But his Kyuhyun was ill; he was dying, and Siwon didn't even know why he had to be strong. 

"Till death do us part." Kyuhyun reasoned, the beautiful smile never leaving his face. He wanted to smile for Siwon as much as he could. 

"No, Kyuhyun. My love for you is stronger than death." He knew that sounded sappy, but Kyuhyun had long gotten used to his excessively sentimental nature. In fact, Kyuhyun found that incredibly romantic and heartbreaking, because he moved to kiss Siwon's fingers, that were playing with his forearm. 

They looked at each other. One smiling and the other incredibly saddened, but both completely in love. 

"I will miss you" Kyuhyun said. That was supposed to be Siwon's unspoken line. Siwon gave up on being strong that night. He gave up, hunched over Kyuhyun's side and cried. 

----

"Kyuhyun, wake up… be with me… please, sweetheart..." Siwon nudged the younger from his sleep. He did that early every morning because he wanted to spend as much time with Kyuhyun as possible. 

Kyuhyun woke up with a smile and motioned for Siwon to kiss him. He knew exactly how Siwon felt. 

Siwon put his life on hold once Kyuhyun was admitted to the hospital and his mind was put on hold way before then, back to when they first knew of Kyuhyun's terminal condition. 

He would read to Kyuhyun, talk to him, but mostly, he just stared at him longingly, and the fact that Kyuhyun seemed to always maintain a smile broke Siwon's heart. He didn't want Kyuhyun to go. 

But he had to go. And he did.

Siwon couldn't remember much of that day but the moment when he tried to wake the most important person in his life to no avail. 

----

It's been three weeks since his funeral, and Siwon has been frequenting Kyuhyun's grave every Sunday. 

No one knew why it was on a Sunday but they continued to observe the widower's behavior. 

Two months have passed. Then three. And the routine continued. Siwon involuntarily made everyone that knew him worried. They knew Siwon was passionately in love with Kyuhyun but they didn't expect him not to let go. 

On one Sunday afternoon, two of his friends watched over him from a far as he knelt next to his lover's grave. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter