CHAPTER 2 - FIRST MISSION

EXPECT THE UNEXPECTED

The pairs are then called and asked to assemble. The rest were chatting whilst Dara and CL as well as Kris and Kai were still uncomfortable.

 

“The rest of the members can proceed to the AVR Theatre, while you guys please follow me.” PD-nim said. When the rest of the members went inside the AVR, they saw a lot of people and Jaesuk inside with his co-host.

 

“Welcome to Idol Battle Version 2! Each team will go to different missions and in the end, one team will rein supremacy. Please welcome on stage EXO, GOT7, BTOB and B1A4!” The loud then screamed and entered the remaining members of each team. They were then seated on their respective colour corner.

 

“We will now start the show so yoreobo, don’t change the channel!” Ji-hyo said. The sunbaenims of the teams also were present and even the rest of the girls from the respective groups were there.

 

The teams then followed PD-nim to the next room. When they saw what’s inside, they were all smiling.

 

“It feels like Running Man, sir.” Sandeul said. The rest took their respective coloured jackets and changed.

 

“Alright, bundle up! This will be a group mission that needs you to be cohesive with your members so you can finish this on time. The time limit is 5 minutes and the mission is your respective cards in front of you. When I say go, you will take your mission card and proceed to your destination. 1,2,3....GO!” Once the PD-nim shouted, the teams ran in front of the tables, knocking it down. The first one who got their card was the green team then the black team, blue team and lastly the red team.

 

Just then, as they were about to leave; they saw Dara rubbing her knees and she was standing up and was dusting her clothes. The three of them approached her and helped her and they opened the mission card together.

 

 

 

 

Mission Card : Find your flag and your transportation. The team who arrives late will have a disadvantage.

 

 

“Wait, so we’ll have to take the flag with us right?” Kai said. CL, Dara and Kris just nodded and then they rushed outside the room. CL took Kai’s hand and ran whilst Dara passed both of them leaving Kris chasing her. CL, Kai and Kris saw Dara went outside and followed her.

 

“Where is she going?” Kai said.

 

“Yah! Darong, where the heck are you going?” CL shouted still following Dara.

 

“I saw the Green Flag over there!” Dara shouted.

 

“WHAT?!” The three of them shouted. Dara then stopped and looked at them.

 

“I SAID, I SAW THE GREEN FLAG OVER THERE!” She then pointed in front of her not that far, and they all saw the black flag.

 

“YAH! NOONA! OUR FLAG IS RED NOT GREEN!” Kris shouted.

 

CL then started at Dara with a confused look. Then it hit her, she was going to do something diabolical. So she chuckled and two saw her smirk and looked at Dara.

 

“SNEAKY RABBIT!!” CL said. Kris and Kai saw Dara climbing the rails and took the flag out of the flagpole. Kris and Kai looked at each other and smirked as well.

 

“Ah, you’re planning to sabotage the other teams? We thought CL here would do that, but no! Noona is so daebak! They should’ve just apologized when they pushed you earlier.” Kai said and she approached Dara and they high-five.

 

“Where are you planning on hiding it?” CL said.

 

“Who said I’ll be hiding it?” The three of them looked at Dara just when she threw the flag off the rail and went inside.

“Now, best of luck with them finding it.” Dara said and went inside. The three of them just stared at Dara and laughed.

 

Just then, 2 more minutes left! The divided themselves into two, Kai and Kris together then CL and Dara and went their separate ways.

 

Before then can go their ways, Kai shouted something which made Dara and CL approached them.

 

“I FOUND IT!!” Kai shouted. CL and Dara then rushed to them and saw Kai pointing at their flag.

 

“We need to go down.” Dara said. All of them were about to go down when something caught Kris’ attention.

 

“Guys, look.” Kris then pointed outside and they all laughed with what they saw.

 

Turns out, green team (boys) was trying to fish their flag which is stuck on of the poles whilst the two girls were shouting where the direction they should fish it.

While laughing, they went downstairs to get their flag. As they approach their flag, they saw Blue and Black team with their respective flag rushing to find their transportation. Kris then rushed to their flag and jumped.

 

“I got it, let’s go!” Kris said. Kai then took CL’s hand and they ran whilst Kris transferred the flag to his left hand and took Dara’s hand with his right. They were running and saw four cars on the other side.

 

Dara tugged Kris’ hand and pointed to the location.

 

“Guys, this way!” Kris shouted and Kai stopped and pulled CL to where Kris is.

 

1 minute!

 

Kris can see the cars and ran even faster. When he and Dara reached the car, he saw Dara panting.

 

“Mianhe Noona.” Kris apologized. Dara just nodded and they waited for CL and Kai.

When both of them arrived, Kai kneeled and was panting.

“That was far!” CL was panting and laughing at the same time. They saw that they were the second one who arrived.

 

TIME’S UP!

 

Then they saw the Green team arrived seconds after they declare the mission has ended.

 

“Since the Black Team was the first one who arrived, they can go to the next location first.” PD-nim then passed their mission card and the keys for the car.

 

The Black Team then approached him and bowed.

 

“But PD-nim, we don’t have our license yet.” Peniel and Eunji said.

 

“Chincha? If the second team are willing to switch then it’s fine.” PD-nim then called Red Team.

 

“Since you’re the second team; that over there is your transportation.” Red Team then looked and saw a private car waiting for them with a driver. CL then went to the other team.

 

“Let’s trade then. You can take our ride.” CL said.

 

“Kamsahida sunbaenim.” Black Team bowed to her and to her teammates. They handed her the keys and she went back to her team.

 

Blue team was then given subway cards as their transportation. (with priority lane benefits)

Green Team’s transportation is for them to ride the Bus.

 

“Alright, the punishment for the last team which is the Green Team is that they have to eliminate one of their members.”

 

 

 

BACK ON THE STUDIO:

When they saw the girls from the green team pushed Dara, everyone was shouting.

 

“Yah! They didn’t even apologize to Noona.” Tao said and pouted. The rest of the members agreed.

 

“I’ll just apologize on their behalf. 2NE1 sunbaenims, mianhe. I think they’re just too competitive. Sorry.” CNU and Baro bowed to them.

 

They went back to watching when they saw Dara running and the three of them chasing her.

 

“GREEN FLAG?” Everyone was now looking closely the monitor. When they saw what Dara did with the flag, everyone was dumbfounded and afterwards a roar of laughter enveloped the studio.

 

“Aigo, my stomach! Sandara Park is daebak!” Jaesuk said.

 

They continued watching and they saw that the Black Team was leading when they were the first one who got the flag. They rushed to the said location while holding their flags.

 

They saw all of the teams holding hands with their partners as they ran. They all earned screams from their co-members as well as the audiences and also from their sunbaenims.

 

---- FAST FORWARD TO THE TEAM ASSEMBLY ON THE TRANSPORTATION LOCATION ----

They saw that Black Team and Red Team switched and the bowed at each other. When they heard that they need to eliminate someone, the whole studio went to silent mode.

 

“Who do you think will they eliminate?” Let’s go back then.”

 

------BACK TO THE LOCATION ------

“So have you decided which one will you eliminate?” PD-nim said. Before they can even speak, Sandeul stepped forward.

“I’ll volunteer instead.”  Sandeul approached the PD-nim and looked at Gongchan who was looking confused and worried.

 

When Sandeul left, the rest of the team where then given the second mission card.

 

“Before you guys leave, pick two representatives for the next mission.” PD-nim said.

 

Green Team : Ga-yoon and So-hyun

Blue Team : Jackson and Minah

Black Team : Peniel and Eunji

Red Team (after 2 rounds of rock-paper-scissors, Kris lossing to Kai and Dara lossing to CL): Kris and Dara

 

The team then opened their cards.

 

Mission Card : Go to this location. The representatives will have to change to the clothes inside the box once you arrived.

 

They all left. The Red Team then went inside their car wherein Dara was obviously the one driving. They chatted inside the car with what their possible mission will be.

 

They arrived the location and were all puzzled but Dara’s eyes just widen with what she saw.

 

“WAHH!!! I don’t like this!” Dara said. CL just led the way alongside Kai. Their team arrived and was welcomed by the host and the Black Team’s representative who are now wearing school uniforms. CL and Kai were pulled to the side where Ilhoon and Nam-joo are standing. Dara was just looking at the abandoned school in front of them. Dara and Kris changed to their uniforms and waited with Peniel and Eunji. When the rest of the team arrived, Gary then started.

 

“Annyeong. I’m Gary. I won’t need to introduce myself further but all I can say is good luck with this mission. I tried it and I didn’t even got that far. Will the winning

team step forward.” Black Team then approached him.

 

“Since you’re the winning team, you have the power to choose the order of entry of each team.” They saw them sighed in relief whilst the rest was just praying not to go first. After Peniel and Eunji finished their discussion, they handed Gary the paper.

 

“The first team will be......... the Green Team. Followed by the Blue Team, then Red and lastly the Black team. I’ll tell you your mission, the solver and hostage. You have to pick inside this bowl with crawly insects to determine if you’ll be the solver or the hostage. The solver will have to pass 10 stages in order to save the hostage. The questions will be related to the hostage’s birthplace. Every successful trivia questions regarding your partner, you will be given hints that you need to figure out as well that will earn you a huge advantage for the next mission. If you already figured out the answer from the hints even before you can finish the other stages, your team wins and the hostage will be released. But if you can’t answer 3 consecutive trivia questions, you’re team will be automatically disqualified. But there’s a bright side, you will be given 2 help tags and 2 pass tag with you that you can use. ” Gary said.

 

The teams then went to Gary and picked.

 

“1,2,3..OPEN!” Gary shouted. You can hear gasped everywhere.

 

“Noona?” Kris said comforting her. Dara was still stunned with what was written on the paper she was holding.

 

Solver.