There Goes My Life- Hyuk

VIXX Starlight One-shot Collection

I have had this done for a little while now, but I had wanted to get the last part of Ken and Ravi posted before I posted this. Here is a Hyuk request for maple755. I hope that you enjoy it! Please leave a comment and let me know what you think! Much love!

 

    From: Maple

    Hyuk, we need to talk.

 

    That is what greeted Hyuk when he was finally able to check his phone after a busy day of schedules. He just froze, re-reading Maple’s message over and over again. ‘We need to talk, that is never a good message to get from your girlfriend’ Hyuk thought.

His mind raced, trying to think back to every late night chat, and each time they saw each other and find the moment when he might have said or done something wrong. There was nothing the stood out to him right away that would make her angry at him. And as far as he knew, no scandals with another female so it could not be that. Nothing from his end that he could think of that to make her tell him that they needed to talk. So that must mean it is from her end; there must have been something to happen when he was not around. The thought caused him to panic.

W-what if she is going to tell me that she cheated on me? Or maybe she found someone else and wants to break up so that she can be with him? What if she just wants to break up because she is tired of me being gone so much?’

He did not realize it, but he began to shake from the thoughts running through his head. Taekwoon, who was sitting right next to him, did notice his shaking and became worried. Poking the maknae, he called to him,

“Hyuk...ya, Sanghyuk, are you okay? Hyuk!”

Taekwoon’s calling to the maknae got the attention of the other members who all turned around to see what the problem was. When Hyuk still did not respond, Hongbin reached back and grabbed the phone from Hyuk’s hand. He read the message that had caused Hyuk’s strange behavior.

“Hyuk, we need to talk. Maple.”

“Ohhh….” five voices joined together, all wearing knowing looks.

Hearing the message from Maple being read out loud and ’s reactions broke the shocked boy from his stupor. He glanced around at each of his hyungs, worry clear in his eyes,

“What do you think it could mean Hyungs?”

They all turned away from him, suddenly interested in anything but his question.

“HYUNGS!!!”

Hyuk let out his signature screech causing the others to cringe at the sound. Taekwoon knocked him on the head for doing that in the van. The younger man just gave them the most pitiful and pleading look he could muster up,

“Hyungs...please.”

Hakyeon, as the leader and oldest, decided to be the one to speak up,

“Yes Sanghyuk, normally the phrase “we need to talk” means something bac. But Maple loves you and you two have been together for nearly three years. And if there are no problems that you can think of, then I am sure everything is fine. Her message is probably coming off as being more ominous than she meant because you have not seen each other for a few weeks. Just talk to her. And if it makes you feel better, have her come over to the dorm to talk tomorrow and we will be there incase the news is something bad. Okay?”

The young male nodded his head, and finally responded to his girlfriend,

To: Maple

-Meet tomorrow at the dorm for lunch? Say about 12:00? Love you.

Maple was quick to respond,

From: Maple

-Okay, I will see you then.

She was almost cold in her response; she did not even tell him that she loved him back. Now he was really starting to worry. Something must really be wrong, and he had no idea what it could be. Their lunch date could not come soon enough

 

Sanghyuk was nothing but a bundle of nerves. He was barely about to function properly without the help of the other members. As much as he wanted to play it cool and act like he wasn’t bothered by the whole situation, it just was not working in his favor. Because of his nerve, he had to beg Taekwoon to help him make lunch because he could not make anything eatable. Not that Hyuk could really cook to begin with. He also forced the other members to stay and join in on the lunch.

“This is your date with Maple, why do we have to join you?” questioned Ravi as he helped set out the food.

Hyuk glared at him, “Because I said so and if you don’t remember, I do have blackmail on everyone of you. I am sure that our Starlights would just love to hear about your collection of…”

“Okay, okay! We will stay for lunch.” Ravi exclaimed, not wanting to hear about what Hyuk might have on any of them.

The five males all looked slightly scared of their maknae, worried of what type of blackmail he was talking about. No one was able to question him as a light knock came to the door. Hyuk rushed to open the door and was greeted with the sight of his girlfriend smiling up at him.

“Hi, Sanghyuk.” She spoke in a sweet voice.

“H-hi Maple.”

He just stood there staring at her until Ken was pushing him out of the way and dragging Maple into the dorm. Each of the members greeted and hugged Maple while Hyuk just stood there, gawking at her. There was something different about her; she almost seemed to glow, just brighter and happier. But there was something else, something he could not put his finger on.

“Hyuk,” Maple called to him, “will everyone be joining us for lunch?”

Hyuk pulled himself from his thoughts and put on the innocent act,

“Yes. They threatened me into saying that they could join. Ravi Hyung even threatened to blackmail me while he had me pinned to the floor, trying to beat me up.”

Maple giggled, knowing he was putting on an act to play the victim.

“Okay Hyuk, if you say so. I’m happy that you will be joining us. I have not seen you guys in a while.”

All gathered around the table and began to eat. It was fun and relaxed, everyone talking and joking around. Hyuk even managed to forget his worries about her daunting message. But all too soon, the food was gone and Hyuk knew that it was time to have that talk. He took her hand and pulled her up,

“We are going to go into the bedroom. Don’t disturb us.”

Maple was a little shocked by his sudden change in attitude, but figured that it had to do with her message the other day. Now that they were able to talk in person, she felt her nerves building. She had kept her emotions in check her way over to the dorm, and with the others around. Now that it was just the two of them, she could feel the control slipping. Releasing his hand, Maple settled herself on his bed, taking a deep, calming breath.

“Maple. W-what did you need to talk to me about?” Hyuk’s voice shaky and not his normal confident tone.”

You might want to sit down Sanghyuk.”

He threw his hands up, “This is it! This is where you break up with me, right?”

“W-what…” she was confused but he continued.

“You met someone else. Haven’t you?” Hyuk accused.

“What...n-no...I…”

Interrupting her again, “You grew tired of me being gone so much and met some new guy.”

“No,”

“Now you want to break up with me,”

“Hyuk, I’m not,”

“So you can be happier with him,”

“That’s not,”

“And he is going to be there for you like I should,”

“I’M PREGNANT!”

Maple yelled, stopping Hyuk in the middle of his ranting and pacing. He just gaped at her with wide eyes.

“What? What did you just say?”

She sighed, “I said, I’m pregnant Sanghyuk and you are the father.”

The world suddenly went black and Hyuk was on the floor out cold.

“Hyuk! Oh my God, Hyuk! Please be okay.”

Maple rushed to his side, trying to wake him up. The other boys heard all of the commotion from the living area and rushed in.

“Hyuk!”

They all exclaimed, running to where Hyuk laid out on the floor,

“What happened?” Hakyeon questioned Maple.

“H-he just passed out. A-after I told him…”she stopped midsentence, worried about how they would react if Hyuk’s reaction was to faint.

Taekwoon turned to the worried girl, “We heard yelling, and then it got really quiet, followed by a thunk. What could you have said that made things go from yelling to Hyuk fainting?”

Maple looked down, fidgeting with her shirt, “Well, you see, it started with Hyuk accusing me of wanting to break up with him and he kept interrupting me when I tried to tell him the truth. I had to yell at him for him to finally hear me.”

Hongbin gave her a droll look, “That does not really answer the questions Maple. What did you tell him?”

Maple mumbled under her breath, unable to look at the others. They prompt her to repeat herself, which she does, but still not where they could hear her. Hakyeon gave an aggravated sigh,

“Enough Maple. Just tell us already so we know how to help.”

She finally willed herself to look up and started Hakyeon in the eyes, “I’m pregnant. And yes Sanghyuk is the father.”

Five males just sat there, wide eyed and mouths opened.

“Well, at least none of you passed out when I told you.”

Her gaze moved from the males in front of her her boyfriend whose head rested in her lap. A small sigg escaping her lips.

This was not the reaction that she had been hoping for when she told him. Of course she was not expecting to have Hyuk jump for joy; but something a little more positive than him blacking out would have been nice. She realized that was not the best time for this to be happening, but these things happen when you least expect them. Even with protection, they can happen. But that did not mean that Maple was any less thrilled about the idea of being a mother. Maybe Hyuk did not see this as something to be happy about? Maybe once he woke up he was going to tell her that he did not want to be a father and it was the end of them?

She could feel the tears in her eyes, but refused to let them fall. She was going to be strong no matter what Hyuk said.

“Ugh...ow...what happened?”

Hyuk groaned, slowly coming to and rubbing his head. He sat up and looked around from Maple to his group mates, confused.

“What are you guys doing in here?”

Maple gave him a troubled look, “You fainted, Sanghyuk. They were worried about you. Do you remember why you fainted?”

Hakyeon and Ravi helped him stand, but not moving away from him until he was steady in case he fell again.

“I’m okay...I think. H-had you said what I-I think you said. A-about b-b-b-enig…”

He stumbled over his words, getting that deer in headlights look. Maple could only nod her head.

“Y-you mean, you really are pr-pr-pre…”

“Pregnant Hyuk. The word you are looking for is pregnant. And if you cannot even say the word then that probably means that you cannot accept what it means. So I will just take my things and leave. Good-bye Sanghyuk.”

She makes a move to leave, heading straight for the front door with Hyuk and the others standing dumbfounded and slow to react. Maple was almost out the door when Hyuk came barreling towards her, and pulling her back into the dorm and blocking her way out. Maple crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes at him.

“Sanghyuk move. Now.” she demanded.

He shook his head, a certain fire gleamed in the dark pools of his eyes.

“No,” he voice firm, “I will not move until you listen to what I have to say. Now sit.”

She huffed, but moved over to the sofa nonetheless. Hyuk sat next to her, grabbing her hands to keep somewhat of a hold on her so she could not leave.

“I freaked. I still am freaking out, okay. But pregnancy is something that takes a little time to wrap one’s mind around. Especially when you have not been planning or trying to get pregnant. And we were not trying; we were doing the opposite of trying, but apparently our efforts of being safe failed us. We are both still really young and a baby, it’s a baby. Are you sure…”

Maple stopped him mid-sentence, “I swear if you are about to ask me if this baby is yours I will kill you.”

Shaking his head, Hyuk spoke, “I’m not that stupid Maple. My mind went to the worse when you told me that we needed to talk, but I know you. I know that you would never cheat. No, what I was going to ask was if you were sure that you really are pregnant. I have heard stories of false positives with home tests.”

A small smile graced her lips, “Four home pregnancy tests, and a doctor’s confirmation. I am about 10 weeks or so.”

“10 weeks? That would mean,” he paused doing the math in his head for date of conception, “Valentine’s Day?”

She nodded, “Cliche right? To get pregnant on Valentine’s Day, but the math all adds up. I’m sorry Sanghyuk.”

Gasping in surprise, “Sorry? Sorry for what? This is not a bad thing Maple. A shock? Bad timing? Yes, but it is not a bad thing. This might change so much, but it also changes nothing at all. Maple, we will make this work, no matter what. I love you.”

“I love you too Sanghyuk.”

He gave her a gentle kiss, taking her into his arms and held her close. Slowly, he was coming to terms with the fact that he was going to be a father. It was just all too surreal.

 

*2 Years Later*

A loud squeal could be heard throughout the apartment.

“‘Gin Daddy!”

“Okay, again.”

Hyuk lifted his little girl up in the air, tossing her up and catching her. He grinned at the sound of his daughter laughing. To him, her laugh was one of the best sounds in the world. And watching as her eyes twinkled in excitement, brown curls flying all around; oh how he loved his little girl. His life had changed drastically since she entered this world, but he would not want it any other way.

Once the realization had kicked in that Hyuk and Maple were going to be parents, they had major decisions to make. Maple made Hyuk swear that he would not walk away from the idol life, not after all the hard work VIXX had put into getting to the top. With the help of VIXX and Jellyfish, they made plans. Plans where Hyuk and Maple’s wedding and child was kept a secret. As much as Hyuk loved his fans and knew that they would support him, he wanted to keep his family a secret for their own protection for the evils of the media. Neither Maple nor Hyuk wanted their child to be exposed to the harsh reality of idol life.

The couple was able to find an apartment in the same building as VIXX’s dorm which really came in handy when their daughter Ji-yu was born. VIXX was right there and willing to help. Ji-yu loved her VIXX uncles.

“Ah! Do ‘gin Daddy!” Ji-yu laughed, holding tight to her Daddy’s neck as he spun the toddler around.

“Okay you two, that is enough. Bedtime.”

Maple’s voice broke through the laughter. The father and daughter pair turned to look at Mommy who had been watching from afar.

“Mommy!”

“Hey Sweet Pea. Give Daddy kisses and let’s go get in bed.

Ji-yu gave Hyuk a wet kiss on the cheek, “Nigh’ Daddy! Luv ew…”

He smiled, “Good-night princess. I love you too. Sweet dreams.”

And he watched as Maple took Ji-yu to her room, a content smile on his face as he collapsed onto the sofa. A few minutes later Maple rejoined him and fell next to him, curling into his arms.

“Good job. You wore her out. Finally. She has your energy. Actually, she is just a mini you. Do you know Wonshik told me that Ji-yu tried to blackmail him into getting her icecream? Who could she have gotten that from? Hmm?”

Hyuk laughed, “I have no clue. I am completely innocent...Ow, fine. I will stop trying to teach our daughter to blackmail my bandmates.”

Maple just rolled her eyes, “Hopefully baby #2 will be more like me.”

Hyuk looked at her surprised, “You mean you want to try for a second one?”

She smiled, a hand resting on her stomach, “No trying needed. He or she will be here in about 8 months, give or take.”

Sanghyuk could not be happier. He was going to be a father, again.