The Reason

A Sudden Change

            I can still remember the day when Hoon encouraged me. The day when I got a role on the musical in our college. I was afraid I couldn’t show my best on stage because I have never been on musical before. So, I decided to discuss my problem with Hoon. I hoped he could solve it because he has the experiences on musical more than me.

            “Just focus on your script and your act. I know you can do it, Seo yah!” he said with a warm smile. “It’s a big chance for you to learn how to be a good actress. Who knows you can be an actress someday.”

            “I know, but I never acted before,” I said with a worried face. “Can you teach me?”

            “Can I see your schedule first?”

            I gave him my schedule and I waited for his answer in worried.

            Shortly thereafter, Hoon sighed heavily and gave the schedule back to me. He shook his head which made me felt down. “I’m afraid I can’t, Seo yah. I also have schedule on the same time,” he said in a sad tone. “I’m so sorry…”

            “Oh… what should I do now?” I asked to myself in frustrated tone while palming my face. I lost hope when he explained why he couldn’t teach me.

            “Hey! I know who can teach you!” I heard Hoon exclaimed.

            I faced him with a frown. “Who?”

            “Our sunbae, Kyuhyun sunbaenim!” Hoon answered. His face looked happy because he got someone who could substitute in his position. “He also gets a role on the same musical as you, doesn’t he?” I nodded in respond. “I’ll ask him to teach you. Ok?”

            “But, I don’t close to him,” I answered in hesitated.

            “He’s a good sunbae. He’ll treat you well. It’s good to build up the chemistry between you two on stage, isn’t it?”

            I was silent for a moment. Then, I nodded.

 

***

 

            I can’t concentrate to what the lecturer says in front of the class. I’m too busy with my own thoughts about Hoon. I glance at his figure who is writing on his book and gives attention to the lecturer. Then, my eyes fall on his right leg which is covered by the bandage. I flash upon the moment when Hoon came to see the musical and I just realized that it was the last time I saw his smile.

(Flashback)

            “Today is the day, Seo yah!” Hoon said while giving me a bouquet of white roses. “You will do your best, right?”

            I nodded as I took the bouquet. “Yes, I will, Hoon ah! You won’t regret to see it,” I answered. “Thank you for these pretty flowers. You’re so kind.”

            I saw he blushed a bit. “I’m not that kind, you know.”

            We chuckled for a while until Kyuhyun oppa called me to get ready. I told Hoon to wait for the musical in the audiences’ seats because our performance would be begun soon. Shortly thereafter, I went to the powder room to check my appearance.

            “Does he like you?” suddenly, I heard Kyuhyun oppa asked me which made me surprised.

            “W-what did you mean?” I stuttered.

            “He gave you those roses. Doesn’t it mean he loves you?”

            I was silent for a moment. I never thought that way until he said that. “I don’t know,” I answered briefly.

            “Do you like him?”

            I furrowed my eyebrows. “Why did you ask me that?”

            He grinned at me, then shook his head. “I don’t know,” he replied. “Let’s go to stage! It’s show time.”

            We rushed to the stage hand in hand. Well, we have known each other well and just like Hoon said before Kyuhyun oppa was a good sunbae and he treated me well. It felt like I met my long lost brother. The musical went well. Even though it was my first time, I could do it well. I could see my parents smiled happily at me and Hoon was smiling at me too.

            When the musical was over, I went to the changing room to have a rest while the other cast took a picture together. I was so exhausted, but I did not feel it when I was on the stage. Suddenly, I felt someone closed my eyes with a fabric from behind.

            “It’s not fun, Kyu oppa,” I chuckled while turning my head to face the person and took the fabric off. I was surprised to see Hoon, it was not Kyuhyun oppa. Then, I laughed awkwardly and said, “I thought you were Kyuhyun oppa.”

            “Really?” I nodded in respond. “He always plays a prank on you?”

            “Not always, but yeah… sometimes. It’s irritating me,” I answered. I faced him with my happy face. “How was my appearance? It was good?”

            Hoon nodded. “You looked like a goddess of musical,” he answered which made me laughed out loud, then he laughed also after me. “What will you do after this?”

            “Hmm… go home? I don’t have any plan to do except that. Why? You wanna ask me out?”

            He nodded again. “Do you wanna?”

            “I’d love to!” I answered. “Wait for minutes. I gotta change my outfit first.”

            When I had changed my outfit, I went to meet Hoon and said I was ready to go. So, we walked side by side. We could not go out easily because the other cast of musical wanted me to take a picture with them. Then, I asked to Hoon to wait me for another minutes and he was ok.

            “Wow, you become a famous person after the show!” exclaimed Hoon after we had been out of the musical building.

            I chuckled to hear that. “No, I don’t.”

            “But, you were really great!”

            “Thank you,” I thanked to him as I bowed which made him laughed. “So, where will we go now?”

            “I don’t know. The place that you like? Where do you wanna go?”

            I was silent for a moment, thinking about the place that sounded interesting. I glanced at my watch. It was one hour past midday and suddenly I could feel my stomach was growling. “What about to go to the food court at the park? I’m hungry.”

            “Sounds good. Ok, call!”

            We then talked about everything. I laughed so hard when he told me a funny story. I was so happy, comfortable, and secure with him. Then, something happened after that. The motorcycle ran at Hoon when we were about to cross the road. He was hurt so bad on his leg. I was panic and called people around there to help him. Thank god, the driver was responsible to take him to the hospital.

            He got an emergency measure when we arrived at there. A few hours later, I was shocked when the doctor told me that Hoon’s leg was broken, but it would be ok. I had phoned his family, but no one had come. I excused myself to come in to Hoon’s room. He was still unconscious. I could feel my eyes were getting wet and I started sobbing.

            “Seo… Seo yah…” suddenly, he called me weakly.

            “Oh, Hoon ah, are you ok?” I asked him still with my teary eyes.

            He nodded and smiled. “Why are you crying?”

            “I worry about you.”

            “I’m sorry, Seo yah…”

            I frowned in confused. “For what?”

            “For making you crying,” he answered. “And we couldn’t get our lunch. I’m so sorry.”

            I even forgot I was hungry. I did not care about everything, but him. I did not know why I could think that way. Hoon was my everything at that time.

            “I’m gonna be ok,” he said as he grabbed my hand. “Please, smile for me. Please, don’t cry.”

            I smiled and wiped my tears. Shortly thereafter, his mother came and we both did not talk much until I excused myself to go home.

(Flashback end)

 

***

 

            Now, I feel so sorry toward him. Maybe he is angry with me because of the accident. Then, I shake my head to omit that thought. Did not he say he will be ok? He smiled at that time and seemed like to accept the accident. But, why he never talk to me again?

            The bell rang. It’s time for us to go home. I can not be like this anymore. I should find it out myself. Then, I walk toward Hoon who is putting his books inside his bag. He is surprised when he sees me.

            “I need to talk with you,” I say. “Can we?”

            He is silent for a moment, then he nods.

            I smile at him and help him to walk out of the class.

 

***

 

            “Why do you be like this?”

            “Like what?”

            “You know, you look gloomy lately since the accident,” I explain as my eyes look around the park. Yes, we are here, sitting on the bench, while getting our lunch. I smile at the sandwich in my hand. It’s too late, but finally we can have lunch together and it feels awkward since then. I sighed heavily then look at Hoon who takes a bite of his sandwich. “I’m sorry for making you hurt, Hoon ah.”

            “It wasn’t you,” he answers briefly.

            “But, why you never talk to me again?” I ask him in a frustrated tone. “We used to be best buddies. But, now we’re not. You made a distance between us and it made me feel awkward.”

            “You’re still my best buddy and I didn’t make a distance bet__…”

            “Then, why? Why, Hoon ah?!” I can hear my voice becomes hoarse and I can feel the heat in my eyes. Hoon looks at me and he is surprised. I bet my face looks awful now, but I do not care. “I miss you…” I admit in a low voice. “And it’s killing me inside.”

            He still looks at me in silent then sighs. “I’m sorry,” he says.

            “Now, do you mind to tell me the reason why you acted so different lately?”

            “Fine,” he answers. He takes a deep breath before he explains it. “Seo yah, I’m gonna move to Jeju with my family. It means I’ll look for a new college because our new house is so far away from here. That’s why I become this gloomy. I couldn’t even tell you. But, now, you know it all.”

            “Please, don’t go…” I ask him while holding his hand. “I beg you.”

            “I can’t.”

            “You can rent a dorm around here! Please, just don’t leave me…” the tears fall from my eyes while I look in to his eyes.

            He wipes my tear gently. “Why?” he asks. “Why do you want me to stay with you?”

            His questions make me tongue-tied. Why did I say that? Why was I so sad when he said he need to go? I know this feeling already. The feeling that keeps growing as the days fly by. The feeling that only happens when I’m with him. “Because I’m afraid to lose you,” I answer. “Because I love you.” I keep my head down because I’m shy to say that. It’s crazy! I confess my feeling to the guys whom I love. It feels weird.

            Hoon does not say anything, but then he becomes closer to me and hugs me tightly. He keeps on doing that for a long time.

            I do not feel embarrass at all. It is a warm hug and I feel comfortable. I even hug him back.

            “I love you too, Seo yah,” he says as he lifts my face up to see him. He smiles. The first smile I see since then.

            “So, it means you will stay here?”

            “I didn’t say so,” he grins and I give him a slap on his chest lightly. “But, if you insist me to stay, I’ll discuss it with my parents. Maybe they'll let me live around here, just like you said.”

            “Of course, I insist you! Please, consider it again. Just don’t leave me,” I say as I burry my head onto his chest. “I can’t imagine my life will be without you. You’re my happy virus, Hoon ah.”

            He laughs so hard. “The handsome happy virus,” he corrects.

 

***

-THE END-

 

How was it?

There were two sentences from Frozen lol xD

Feel free to comment or criticize it ~

Let’s meet again on my other story!

By the way, I’m still working on SooSica’s (Soohyun+Jessica) story titled Break up?!

Please, anticipate it also!

Thanks for reading ♥ ^^