transfer

A Lady’s First | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 ♡ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 transfer

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Dude, what the hell happened to your face? Did one of your fangirls finally lose it?” Jaebum cackled as he held onto his stomach, wiping away some imaginary tears from his eyes.

Mark scowled and glared at him, however, he was not the next person to talk. “As if any of them would be crazy enough to even think about hurting their beloved hubby,” Jackson scoffed, trying his best not to laugh at his best friend’s misfortune as well.

“No one attacked me, okay? I already told you guys it was an accident. I got hit by some… kids who were playing soccer. That’s all.” Mark sighed as he rolled his eyes and closed his locker.

“That’s even worse.” Jinyoung snorted. “Hey, why don’t we just say you had with some hot college chick who was into all of that stuff?”

“And then what? She got too aggressive and punched him in the eye during her ?” Jackson questioned sarcastically. “How about no?”

“It was only a suggestion, okay?” Jinyoung reminded while the four of them made their way towards his class. “If you want to keep your playboy image up, you have to feed the hungry sharks some juicy gossip every now and then so that they don’t get suspicious.”

“Be quiet, Jinyoung. Don’t talk so loudly. The walls have ears you know,” Jaebum scolded as he scanned the corridor. They were twenty minutes late, meaning classes had started already, but you could never be too cautious nowadays. You might never know who could be listening.

“Whoops.” The younger boy pressed his hand over his mouth and sent Mark an apologetic look.

“It’s fine. No one’s around. Just be more careful next time. The last thing I need right now is to have my father finding out that I’m not as bad as my reputation leads people to believe,” Mark advised solemnly.

“Yes, sir.” Jinyoung saluted and when they arrived at his classroom, he bade his friends goodbye and went in.

Now that the three of them were left alone, Jackson heaved out a heavy sigh and patted Mark’s back. “Sometimes I feel bad for you. God, why does your dad keep insisting and pushing the idea of you getting involved in an arranged marriage with one of his business associates? It’s the twenty-first century for crying out loud. What ever happened to marrying the one you love?”

“Who knows what kind of disturbing things goes on in his twisted mind,” Jaebum snickered, his face slightly contorted in disgust. “But don’t worry about it, Mark. As long as we’re here, we’ll make sure you aren’t forced to marry some spoilt, rich princess against your will.”

“Thanks guys.” The boy laughed as he slung his arms around both of their shoulders. “What would I do without such loyal friends like you?”

“Probably leading the most miserable life ever recorded in history,” Jackson answered behind a wide grin. “Isn’t that right, JB?”

Jaebum nodded his head without reluctance. “Totally man. We’re like your guardian angels. You don’t even have to say it. We know how indebted you feel to us.”

Next, Mark dropped his arms to his sides and shook his head. “You two are impossible.”

“And according to the word on the street, so are you,” Jackson mused.

“Good, let’s make sure things stay that way.” Mark exhaled.

“Hey, how mad do you guys think the teacher will be when we show up late?” Jaebum questioned, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

“Probably super pissed off but I’m pretty sure if our Casanova here,”—Jackson punched Mark’s shoulder to show them who he was referring to—“uses his charms, we can get away with it like usual.”

“Seriously? How many times will I have to keep sweet-talking Mrs Chu to get us out of a scolding? I would be fine with giving her a few compliments every now and then if she didn’t flirt in response,” Mark complained, shivers crawling up his spine at the shuddering recollection.

“Hey, you’re the playboy here, not us. Besides, it’s not like everyone actually believes you think she’s the most stunning creature you’ve ever laid eyes upon. She’s like three times our age,” Jaebum replied.

“And you just had to remind me, didn’t you?” Mark deadpanned.

Jackson laughed. “Moral support?”

Finally, they arrived at their classroom. Before entering the threshold though, the three of them exchanged gazes, inhaled and exhaled together. Mark was the one to lead the way and once he opened the door, it was as though a switch had been in him. A smug smirk was smeared across his face as his teacher immediately turned her head their way.

Girls started to squeal and gasp quietly as they watched him walk in, a hand stuffed into his pocket while his knapsack dangled off of one shoulder. Even though he was sporting a slightly discolored left eye, he was still as handsome as ever to them.

“Mark Tuan and friends, do you boys realize what time it is?” Mrs Chu interrogated with a stiff expression. Her arms were folded against her chest while her right foot drummed against the floor beneath them.

“Sorry, teach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter