childish

A Lady’s First | Editing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 ♡ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 childish

 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Excuse me, sir.” The attendant tapped the young man’s shoulder in attempt to rouse him from his sleep. The lad then woke up with his book falling onto his lap. As he looked around, still half-asleep, he noticed that the plane was empty. “We’ve landed. You may exit through the terminal now,” the woman instructed before she resumed cleaning.

The boy nodded in understanding, glanced out the window and when he was greeted with the familiar sight of Korea, he sighed and stood up. “How inconsiderate.” He sighed, running a palm over his face. “The least she could have done was woken me up when we arrived. She did, after all, sit in the seat I paid for yet I’m the rude one?” he muttered disapprovingly, eyeing the vacant seat which was supposed to remain unoccupied throughout the entire trip but hadn’t been. Before leaving, he made sure he had all of his belongings and then exited the plane.

Entering the airport, the young man made his way to the baggage-claim area. As he was searching for his luggage on the belt, he soon spotted it and reached out to retrieve it. However, at the same exact time, another hand extended out to grab it as well. When the boy traced the limb, he was stunned to find a girl staring at him with big, almond shaped eyes. She batted her lashes, once, twice and before he knew it, she snatched the suitcase away from him.

“Hey.” He frowned, breaking free from his stupor. “That’s my suitcase.”

The girl peered down at the suitcase and shook her head. “No, this one is mine. I’m sorry but I think we have the same kind. There are a lot of black suitcases you know,” she pointed out.

“Are you trying to rob me right now?” he scoffed in disbelief. “There’s an M, which stands for Mark, written right there on the tag. That’s how I know for sure that this suitcase isn’t yours but mine. In case you were wondering. Why don’t you try this on someone else?”

The girl didn’t move a muscle, realizing she had been caught. But not wanting to be sent to jail, she picked up the suitcase and threw it at its owner. Next, she reached into the pocket of his jacket where she had spotted his wallet peeking out at earlier and swiped it before she sprinted away.

“Hey!” Mark yelled as he threw his suitcase on the ground and chased after her. “Someone stop her! She’s a thief!” he exclaimed as he watched the culprit weave through the sea of people, no one bothering to stop her.

The girl snorted as she glanced back and saw how far the boy was from her. “This is way too eas—oof.” Because she hadn’t been paying attention to where she was going, the girl had slipped on some ice cream, which was lying on the floor. This resulted with her crashing right into a newspaper stand.

“Jie, see what you did? This is why I told you to get a maximum of three scoops! Look, your mess caused someone to get hurt,” Maiyu scolded.

“But they had so many flavors,” Jia defended. “I couldn’t help it.” She then her ice cream like nothing had happened.  

“Here, hold this.” Maiyu sighed, shoving her smoothie into her sister’s hand. After, she rushed over and helped the girl up. “I’m sorry,” she spoke out slowly since she wasn’t accustomed to speaking in Korean yet. “Are you okay?”  

“Yes,” the girl winced. She then caught a glimpse of Maiyu’s open bag and stealthily slipped her hand inside, pulling out her wallet.

“Hey! Stop right there!” Mark ordered angrily as he closed the large gap between the three of them.

“Shoot, I’m sorry. I have to go. Thank you though!” the girl said as she spun around, prepared to make another escape. However, before she could do so, she was greeted with a cup of blended blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, orange juice and ice. “Ah!” she shrieked as the cold liquid coated her head, face and shoulders.

“Oh my god!” Maiyu screamed, horrified. “Jie jie! What the hell did you do that for? Are you insane?”

“What?” Jia blinked innocently as she her ice cream again and shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. “She stole your wallet. She’s what nainai would call a bad person.”

“She did what?” Maiyu gaped as she looked at the stranger with wide eyes. “You stole my wallet?”

“No I didn’t! I don’t know what you’re talking about.” the girl denied, wiping the smoothie off of her face.

“Got you.” Mark heaved out, grasping onto the girl’s wrist. “Now hand me my wallet.”

“See, I told you she was a bad person,” Jia chimed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter