The Wonderful Staff

Succès Fou; Beta Services and Writing Advice [Closed & Hiring]

The Wonderful Staff

sophomoric (owner)Busy

Hello earthlings, you may call me Sou or Crow or whatever name you wish. I have been beta-reading stories here on AFF for many months now. I strongly believe in the notion that every writer has their own voice and writing style though some are, admittedly undeveloped. That being said, I refuse to edit your stories in any way. I will be providing you with suggestions and tips. Whether or not you decide to comply is entirely up to you. The reason why I do this is to allow writers to realize their own mistakes and learn not to make them again. I would rather not help with grammar because I don't have much patience for such things and I mostly give feedback through PMs. However, things like plot progression, character development, etc. I welcome with open arms.

thepurplzebra (co-owner): Busy

Hello. I'm thepurplzebra, but you can call me PZ for short (or a really creative nickname if you fancy). I live in the U.S and am a reading addict. As a beta, I'm all about constructive criticism, and I try not to alter your ideas too much. Characters and plot are my strong points. Grammar, however, is not one of my strong points and I do not particularly enjoy it, but I would not mind helping anyone out with grammar. I believe Google Docs is a great way to collaborate, so if you're willing to exchange emails, I'd love to work with you there; if not, just PM me or something.

sleeplessbeauty9: Busy

Female, American, 23 years old, Love cats and dogs, spunky and energetic, is a people person. I prefer the co-author method, that way I have a direct contact with the story as well as talking through PM. I'm a co-author to two other stories right now and that's how we've been communicating. I like beta reading because I like to be apart of great stories. I like helping people and giving ideas to help improve their writing abilities.I do hope you consider me. I'd love to help.

kloh-ay: Indefinite Hiatus

19. Singaporean. Female. My motto for beta reading is "enhancement without alteration" - which means I strive to improve the story without changing the flavor you (author-nim) have injected. I'm rather relax when it comes to mode and style - anything works for me as long as you (author-nim) are comfortable with it. When it comes to important issues, I will address it without sugar-coating. But saying that, I'm not forcing you to do what I suggest, I'm merely suggesting for you to consider. The final choice is still up to you. Work is mainly done on my iPhone 5 before transferring it to MS Word for a final proofread. Please take care of me /bows.

talesoftime: Available

Don’t think of me as a superhero that will save your day and suddenly transform your story. Instead, I am a fertiliser and you are a budding flower. Once you are under my wing, I will give you plenty of advice in order to help you grow–it is then up to you to take my advice and bloom. My preference in the method of communication is PM. I will try my best in order to help you achieve perfect grammar, since I believe that it is crucial in stories. Other than that, I won’t alter anything. However I’ll still be responding with feedback in terms of plot, characters, etc. Think of me as a friend; I’m here to help you.