1/1

A Bartender's Charm

With a sigh, Eunhyuk rolls up his sleeves to his elbow and uses his forearm to wipe the sweat off his forehead before he continues to clean the back counter. Like usual, the club is unbearable hot. He curses his boss under his breathe because if this wasn't supposed to "mimic higher end joints," he might be allowed to wear more casual clothes. Instead, he was stuck wearing a white, long sleeve dress shirt with a black vest and black tie to match his dress pants and dress shoes. He didn't hate the outfit, but once the club was packed there was enough body heat--and apparent lack of a good air conditioning--that having so much skin covered became suffocating.

He had to give the club owner some credit though. It may be too warm and his uniform may not be his favorite, but the pay was good and the area was nice. He had plenty of space up at the bar and the place was kept clean. The music wasn't half bad either. The bar was far enough from the speakers that he could hear customers without yelling, but still loud and close enough that he could feel the thumping in his ears. It was oddly comforting having that constant beat.

As comforting as it usually may be, today he was simply too tired. It was Saturday, which meant his weekend started tomorrow, and not having to work again until Tuesday sounded nice at that moment. Checking his watch, he saw that it was already eleven. Two more hours and his shift was over. Just a little while longer.

"What do you say to going home with me once you're off, y?"

The comment is loud and slurred, making it clear that the man talking was at least tipsy. It's with a heavy sigh that Eunhyuk turns around and places the glass he had been drying on the counter as he faces the customer that he now knows best.

"Who do I need to call this time?"

"Me."

"Donghae," Eunhyuk says pointedly. Maybe the man was more than a little tipsy, which doesn't really surprise him. He probably should have been paying closer attention to how much he had given Donghae. It had been a good four months since Donghae had started coming to that particular club once or twice a week, and the bartender had learned quickly that although Donghae always insisted on drinking a lot, his tolerance level was low.

And when Donghae was really drunk, he had a habit of making not so subtle advances on Eunhyuk.

In any other setting, Eunhyuk might have taken his offer. Donghae was attractive and, before being dance-on-the-table drunk, a nice guy too. He would talk and occasionally flirt with Eunhyuk, but understood where to draw the line. Even with Donghae's face and personality though, Eunhyuk wouldn't say yes here. He was a bartender but spent enough of his time being treated like an . It was degrading, and Donghae treated him that same way after one too many shots.

"Come on, Eunhyuk," Donghae slurs as he leans closer. "Give me one night."

Eunhyuk was about to respond when Donghae shifts and tries to put his elbow on the counter and misses. He saves himself from falling off his stool by clutching into the counter but quickly breaks drown into a laughing fit over his clumsiness. Eunhyuk can only roll his eyes.

Eunhyuk grabs his phone and dials the one number he has memorized by now. "Hello, Kyuhyun, right? Yeah, this is Eunhyuk. Your friend here is pretty out of it. Okay. Thanks. Bye."

Donghae is still a giggling mess when Eunhyuk puts his phone away. It takes a minute, but eventually Donghae calms down and Eunhyuk can talk to him .

"Kyuhyun's on his way."

"Eunhyuk," Donghae whines, "you're no fun. And I'm perfectly fine! See?"

Before Eunhyuk can stop him, Donghae is stumbling off his stool and trying to dance. He doesn't get very far before his legs are crossing and he's on the floor.

"Yeah," Eunhyuk teases, "you're perfectly fine."

Donghae just grumbles in reply as he clutches at the stool and then the counter to help him regain his balance and stand again. "Ok, so I'm a little tipsy. But if Kyuhyun comes, I won't be able to talk to you anymore."

"Exactly."

"Eunhyuk," Donghae whines, only to be cut off when someone calls the bartender over asking for a drink.

One of the bottles Eunhyuk needs for the customer's drink is on the other side of the bar and as he makes his way back, he's tossing the bottle around. It is twirling between his fingers, juggling between his hands, and bouncing off his forearm, and Donghae can't help but stare. As many times as he has watched Eunhyuk do such tricks, he can't help but be amazed by how effortless Eunhyuk makes it look.  The drunken man watches all of Eunhyuk's movements as he finally sets the bottle on the bar and grabs what else he needs to mix the drink. His movements are quick but smooth, holding the liquor bottle by the neck as he pours it over a bed of ice and adds the other liquids--Donghae thinks it might be orange juice, but his mind is too clouded and focused on Eunhyuk, not the drink, anyway. Once the bartender finishes shaking the drink and sliding it to the customer, he makes his way back over to Donghae.

"Sorry," he apologizes, though he really doesn't look that sorry, "what were you saying."

"You should put on a show."

"Excuse me?"

"Entertain me," Donghae tries to clarify, though it's a vague statement and hard to understand with a voice that is a mix between a groan and a whine. "I haven't watched you do your bar tricks in so long. Do this stuff," his arms go flying in the air, horribly trying to demonstrate something along the lines of juggling. "It can be any drink, I'll pay."

"You don't need another drink. You've had enough."

"For you then! Or Kyuhyun! Please," Donghae pleads. "I'll pay either way."

"Fine," Eunhyuk gives in with a heavy sigh.

Donghae watches him turn around and inspect the bottles behind him. He grabs some vodka, apple schnapps, and apple juice and places it on the bar before grabbing a martini glass and two shakers.

At first Donghae is carefully watching Eunhyuk's actions: the way he grabs the bottle of vodka with his right hand and throws it behind his back so he is catching it with his left while he snatches the stacked shakers with his right; then he is flicking the shakers with enough force that one flies into to air only to land in his left hand just after he tosses the vodka up; and suddenly, the vodka bottle is bouncing between the two shakers, spinning while it's in the air. He places one shaker back on the counter and starts juggling the vodka bottle and other shaker, and the movements are so quick that Donghae is having a hard time keeping track of which is flying behind his back as the other switches hands in the front.

At some point, Donghae's focus switches from watching the bottle and shaker to closely watching Eunhyuk's body. He notices the dexterity of Eunhyuk's fingers as they twirl around the neck of the bottle, and how he can see muscles flex under the shirt as the bottle is sent rolling down Eunhyuk arm. His moments are smooth, almost fluid like, and his face is one of concentration, but Donghae can also see the corner of his lips tugging up into a smile. He loves seeing Eunhyuk like this.

Before he knows it, Eunhyuk has finished his act and has a perfect apple martini sitting in front of him as he stares down Donghae with a raised eyebrow.

"Good enough for you?"

"Perfect."

"Good," he replies, grabbing the drink and placing it on the counter behind him to deal with later.

He turns back around to ask Donghae where his friend is--it had been a good fifteen minutes since he called--and doesn't even get a word out before there is a sudden yank on his tie, pulling his torso over the bar.  He yelps in surprise, and his mouth is smashed against another set of lips. The kiss is forcefully and sloppy and he tries to pull back, but the grip on his tie is too strong and the hand that has s its way into his hair is trying to force him farther forward. There is a soft bite on his lower lip, and he pushes against Donghae's chest in panic. Donghae is going to try to use tongue, and he cannot be making out with someone at work. That doesn't happen though, and after nibbling for a moment on Eunhyuk's lower lip, Donghae finally let's go of his tie and hair.

Eunhyuk is sent stumbling backwards and simply stares in shock at the satisfied smile on Donghae's face. "You-"

"Well don't you look nice tonight, Eunhyuk."

Snapping his gaze away from Dognhae, Eunhyuk looks over to see Kyuhyun walking toward them. It takes a moment for him to realize that Kyuhyun must have seen the kiss and, even if he hadn't, his appearance makes it clear that something happened. He frantically straightens out his tie and does his best to flatten out his disheveled hair, trying to calm back down.

There is the sound of stool legs scratching across the floor, and Eunhyuk watches as Donghae stumbles the last few steps over to Kyuhyun and throws his arm over his friend's shoulder.

"Kyuhyunnie," he mumbles, "take me home."

"You really have to stop getting so drunk, mate," Kyuhyun says as Donghae's head slumps onto his shoulder. There is no response, so Kyuhyun simply sighs and pats Donghae's head. "Let's go."

Donghae turns his head to meet Eunhyuk's eyes and flashes him a smile. "See you later, Eunhyuk."

"Yeah," Kyuhyun drawls, clearly trying to hold back a laugh, "see you later, Eunhyuk."

Eunhyuk can only stare as Kyuhyun shifts Donghae's weight onto him and helps his friend stumble out the door. When he snaps out of his daze, he realizes too late.

Donghae didn't even pay.
 

A/N: Drabble? One-shot? I would write a part two but there would be , which I am not even going to try and write. Oh well. Inspired by a chat with gaerin.