The Transfer

Mission for Revenge

Ae Sook

“Gwaenchanh-a,” called my friend Myung Ki as we headed towards our new school. Well no, I’m not okay I thought as I glared for what he did a while ago.

15 minutes ago

“Hi Mom,” I called as I entered the kitchen. For my first day of school, she made her special breakfast for me. “Aww, thanks eomma; you’re the best,” I exclaimed. As I sat down, the door opened with a SLAM. “HEYYYYYY, what’s up?!” Who was it; my best friend, Myung Ki. As usual, he was loud and hungry in the morning. “Hi Mrs. Go,” he shouted as he slid in the seat next to me. “Hi Myung Ki, how’s everything at home,” my mom asked. “Everything’s fine and you always looks lovely as always Mrs. Go,” Myung Ki commented taking the toasted bread from my hand. Babo I thought trying to take back my stolen breakfast. As we were bickering about the toast, my mom just smiled and laughed at our actions. “You both act like a couple,” my mom confessed trying to catch her breath. “WE DO NOT,” we both screamed in sync.  Trying to push him out of the door, I called out to my mom “Bye eomma.” As I closed the door I could hear my mom laughing.

Ever since that incident, I’ve been growling at babo Myung Ki, who is whistling his cares away. Feeling my stare he immediately stops his whistling and turns his head to face me. “If you’re mad because of this morning, well I’m sorry for taking your toast; if you want, you can have my meat in my lunch,” he said giving more emphasis on the word meat. “Ugh, you know how much I love meat,” I exclaimed, “Fine I’m not mad at you anymore, but if you take my food again, then I’m not forgiving you, arraseo?” Replying with a nod, we head towards our new school.

"I'm finally here," I said entering the school grounds of Seoul Arts High School. With my closest friend, Seung Myung Ki, we start our mission today. “Gaja,” said Myung Ki as he pushed me towards the double door entrance. Don’t worry Dad; I’ll make sure I find him I thought as we entered the building. All around us, students were dancing or singing in the halls. From classical to hip-hop, there were different styles of dancing and singing. Students were graceful like a swan or edgy like a pop star. Wow, everybody is so talented I thought while passing every single person in the hallways. With Myung Ki, we head towards the office.

“Well let’s see… Miss Go Ae Sook, you’re transferring from Seoul Academy, right,” repeats the teacher (By the ways, to make sure Seoul Spy Academy is hidden from the public, we call it Seoul Academy). “Ne,” I replied with a nod. “And your mother works and your father...,” her words trail off with the look of sadness on her face. “Mian haeyo, I didn’t know,” she apologized. I just nod trying not to remember his death. Done with the transfer information, I exit the office. I look back seeing Myung Ki mouthing the word Fighting! With a smile and reply back the word Fighting and head towards my locker.

“It should be here,” I muttered as I roamed the crowd hallway. Trying to find my locker, I stop in front of the glass window of one of the empty practice rooms and see a tall handsome guy dancing. His moves were different from the ones I saw in the hallway and the way he moved captured my attention. Looking closely, I see his handsome face. He’s pretty cute I thought looking with awe, and he looks so cool. The music stops and he turns around catching my stare. We both made eye contact for a long time but then I realized who this person was.

So he’s…Kim Jong In.