Between You & Me

You and Me

He steps down from the taxi and drags his luggage to De Beaux Hotel to check in. while talking on the phone with the other business deal, he accidentally bumps into a girl who’s standing in the lobby. His phone slipped down from his hand and crashes on the floor while her bag falls down.

He’s about to shout at the girl but as soon as he sees her face, he stops. Her eyes are teary; her face is red and expressionless like she didn’t even know what had happen. Her teary eyes were like diamonds.

“Are you okay?” he asked while picking up his phone.

She didn’t say a word but she walks away into the elevator.

“Are you okay sir?” asked one of the men in Korean.

“Yeah, thanks,” he replied and stares at the man.

“Mr. Lee Kikwang?” the man asked him while politely smile. He nodded which added more smile to the man.

“I’m Jang Hyunseung, your assistant in Paris. I’ll be your tour guide, your translator and your sectary here,” he bows politely.

 


 

Since Kikwang is here for a business trip, he is always busy on the phone. It’s already 14 February in Korea but Soyou didn’t even text him anything and that just disappoint him. She’s supposed to be his fiancée and maybe she should act like one.

Hyunseung enters the door and bow at him. “Sir, Mr. De La Blanc is waiting for you at the lobby.”

“I’ll be there,” he replied and ceased his forehead.

Her body sways from right to left with a bottle of wine on her right hand. Her wavy brown hair is in a messy state, her eye shadow smeared and she looks like a living corpse. Kikwang was about to make his move to the lobby when he spot her, the girl that he bumped into this morning.

“Miss,” he called but she ignores him.

He shrugs off assuming that she doesn’t understand him. She collapse on the floor suddenly making him to turn back and rushed at her.

“Miss, are you okay?” he shakes her body but no respond from her, except her whimpers.

“Miss?” he called softly as he watched her tears fall down her closing eyes.

Kikwang had to cancel his meeting with Mr. De La Blanc because of this girl. The girl he barely know yet there’s something in this girl that making him wanting to protect her. He tucks her under the blanket on the bed in his suite. He stares at the girl.

“She looks Asian,” he said while examine her face. “Her lips are natural soft pink with white pale skin. Hmm…” he keeps on staring at her.

Her black bag is sitting at the chair next to the bed and Kikwang had to search her bag for any information.  He founds her passport.

“Jeon Hyosung aged 28 from Gwangju. She’s Korean…” he smiles and withdrew his phone from his pocket.

“Jang Hyunseung, I need you to do something,” he said over the phone.

A moment later, Hyunseung is joining him inside the suite looking at the girl.

“Did-did you k-kill her?” asked Hyunseung with a surprise face.

“No, she just fainted,” Kikwang glared at the man. “Do you have the information?”

“Ah, yes. She is Jeon Hyosung aged 28 from Gwangju, Korea. She works as a beautician. She always comes to Paris every year for valentine and stayed in this hotel. However, every year she would be drunk, crying and trying to attempt suicide in Atlantique Garden,” explained Hyunseung reading from the note book he was holding.

“Poor little lady,” mutters Kikwang as he looks at her calm expression. “Anything about what makes her like this?”

“That would be no since no one have ever try to converse with her,” said Hyunseung.

“You can leave now,” he ordered and Hyunseung back away.

 

Since Hyosung is still in sleep, he better finish his paperwork for the next meeting with Mr. De La Blanc. For 3 hours he’s been cracking his head on his work and his eyelids are getting heavier and soon he drifted away on the couch.

His short nap was disturbed by a sudden sound from the bedroom. He forced himself to check out the sound. The helpless girl has fall down from the bed, she’s grunting and whimpering at the same time.

“Jeon Hyosung sshi?” he runs at her lifting her body back on the bed.

The damsel seems to be in depression as she keeps on crying.

“Are you okay, now?” he asked again and Hyosung manages to look at him properly.

She examines his face, a face that she never met before. She looks around and realizes that she’s not in her room. Her body jolted from his touch and hit the bed board while hugging the blanket tightly on her chest, feeling scare by him.

“It’s okay, I won’t do anything at you,” he smiles calmly.

It is enough to make her feel safe. She smiles meekly and Kikwang hand him a glass of water. Looking at her gulping the glass of water fast, Kikwang pour more water in the glass and she drank it down. She must be having a really hard time.

“Can I ask you something?” he asked and her eyes shifted to his.

He continues, “Why you always come to Paris on valentine?”

Hyosung quiet down for a while, drifting her mind in space. Kikwang was about to open his mouth to speak but she utter first.

“Because of Choi Jonghun,” her soft voice said.

This would be the first time he hears her voice. It’s sweet and unique. She tells him everything about Jonghun, the man who died along with her heart. Kikwang listen intently to her story and lend her his shoulder whenever she cries. It breaks his heart to see such a fragile girl cries in front of him.

Soon, she finishes her story but still staring into space.

“Look here,” Kikwang said showing his palms at her.

One of it contains a candy. “Guess which hand contains the candy, okay?”

He fisted his hands and put behind his back.

“Can you guess?” he asked.

Hyosung thinks for a while and said, “It’s not in your hand. You hid it behind you,” she said with a sniffled.

“Oh…you’re good. But,” he smiles and shows both of his palms.

Indeed, it was empty. He her messy hair until the end of it and there, the candy is back in his hand. It was as if the candy was hidden in her hair.

“You hid the candy in your hair,” Kikwang accuse her and she chuckles.

That is the first smile she’s ever show today. It makes him smiles too unknowingly.

“See, you have a beautiful smile. You should smile often and maybe that smile of you could brighten others,” said Kikwang while her hair softly like he’s patting a shiatsu.

“I know it’s hard to move on, but you need to consider the people surround you, the people that still love and care for you. You can’t let them down,” he said while putting her head down on his chest and keep on .

“Like this,” he continues. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny. Jonghun is given to you in the first place not to make you sad or crush your life but he exist in your life as a sign for you to move on, growing up and brave yourself to face the world.”

His words really make her think. She lifted her body and faces him. He stares at her back. Without warning, Hyosung just crushes her lips onto his. He was shocked but she pulled his head and deepens the kiss. He’s helpless under the kiss, letting her to guide him. He knew he was stronger but her kiss is something different, something indescribable and enchanting. It’s like magic; he fell under her kissing spell.

“Can you heal my scars?” she asked with her diamond eyes.

Kikwang could never refuse those eyes with those slightly pouting pink lips. He holds her shoulders and brings her down on the bed with eyes locking.

“I can’t promise you anything. I have a fiancée,” he mutters.

“Don’t promise me. I started to trust you since I saw you and forget her for a while,” she said and he pressed their lips together, tasting her sweet lips again.

It is addictive. Her lips are like drugs as he can’t stop devouring her lips. Its weird how two strangers met this morning and they started to have intimate relationship in the night of the same day. In his embraces, she forgets Jonghun for a while and he couldn’t care less about her ‘business fiancée’ at this moment. To them, this is their moment, their time and only them.

Not only has he known a little magic, his touch also like magic to her. Every touch he gave sends vibrations and arouses her even more. She never feels this way.

“Moan my name, baby girl,” he whispers while ing harder.

“What’s your name?” she asked, only to realize she didn’t even know his name after all they did together.

“Call me Ki,” he said as he her earlobe sensually.

“Ki…” she panted, eyes tightly shut from the sensation he gave.

He grunts with every move and her moans are getting louder. They couldn’t think of anything else except this pleasure they gave each other. It was sinful especially when Kikwang has a fiancée and her heart belongs to a dead man. That was still unsure because it seems like her heart is beating fast with his kiss and his touch. Oh, such a sinful desire they said.

Despite the guilty they had deep inside, they keep on making love until the sun rises. However, this might be the last time they met, the last time they make love and probably the last he would ever heard her name.

She wakes up with a sore body after what they had last night. She took a paper and writes a letter for him, a goodbye letter along with her appreciation. She walks out from his suite and he never sees her again.

 

Dear Mr. Ki,

This year Valentine’s Day was different. Instead I try to kill myself; I spend a wonderful night with you. Thank you. You don’t just save my life yet you changed it. You are the most wonderful man I’ve ever met and I hope your fiancée can see that. She’s lucky to have you. As much as I enjoyed our time together, please keep this as a secret between you and me. Whatever happens in Paris stays in Paris.

Amour, Hyo.

 

Kikwang heave a heavy breath as he read her letter. Guilty takes over him as he let her go. She is one of a kind that he could never be able to compare her to other women nor his own fiancée, Soyou. With eyes sparkles like diamond, lips pink as a rose in bloom, smiles that as pretty as the first fallen snow, she is incomparable.

 

1 year later…

“Hey, Hyosung, you’re not going to Paris this year?” asked a lady with a slim figure and long hazel hair wearing an apron while picking flowers.

“Not this year Gina unnie, maybe not ever,” she said with a smile.

“Really?!” Gina said with a shocked.

She puts down her flowers that she wants to wrap for a customer.

“What really happen last year in France?” the older girl asked.

“There’s a rope came down when I fall, I climbed the rope and realize that there’s a world out here and I could perfectly fit in the world,” said Hyosung while smiling.

Gina couldn’t comprehend her sentences.

“What rope? What world?”

She chuckles at the clueless American girl and stands up.

“I’m going, unnie. My break time is over. I’ll talk to you later,” she bids Gina goodbye and walks to her store, ready to serve another customer.

It’s been a year since she last met Kikwang or Ki as she knew. She misses him truly because he brought her up when she was down, he changes her life completely and she loves him. It sounds crazy because they met for one day and she can easily forget Jonghun, her love for 3 years. She also couldn’t believe her heart and mind.

“I’m back,” she smiles at her co-worker.

She puts down her coat and bag.

“Good day, miss. How would you like your hair to be? We have a new treatment for dry hair, splits end and many more,” she said to one of the customers with a sincere smile like what Kikwang had said that night.

Gently, she shampoos the customer hair. Suddenly her phone rang. She couldn’t pick up until the third ring.

“Yes, Gina unnie, what’s wrong?” she said as she puts the phone in between her shoulder and her ear.

“Look outside now!” Gina screams on the other end and hung up.

Curious as can be, she went out to check. What she sees is what she never expected. There’s a small plane with a banner at the end of it.

 

[Jeon Hyosung don’t be sad. I’ll be there for you. –Ki]

 

She gasps as the guy that she met a year ago still remembers her. Murmurs started to arise from the banner with her name.

“She’s the girl,” one of them said.

“She’s the girl in the news,” another one said.

She couldn’t comprehend the situation. Why all of them are saying that she is the girl? She wondered.

“Unnie, this is you right? This article has been here for weeks.” one of her co-worker, Luna shows her the newspaper.

In one of the column, there’s an article about her.

 

[Jeon Hyosung, don’t be sad.]

 

…whatever happens, I’ll take the risk as long as I can be with you. Let me see your smiles again…

 

“They said he’ll be waiting for you in Baram Park at 3p.m,” said Luna and she quickly run out from the beauty salon, leaving her works and her customer.

He could be joking, he could not be there, he has a fiancée and she might not the girl they’re talking about. Those are the things that she keeps on thinking while running besides trying not to get her hopes high. This could be just a dream. But there’s it’s worth a try because he’s the only one she knew as Ki.

As she reached there, the park was full of people. Everyone was wondering about their story, wanting to know the spicy scoop of their relationship and of course, they want to know the owner of this love story. Hyosung had to squeeze herself through the crowd looking for that man. Her heart grew anxious, afraid that he would leave the place.

“There are too many people,” she mutters as sweat run down her forehead.

She stood there in the middle of the crowd, feeling helpless with herself. Suddenly, a hand touches her shoulder and spun her into his embraces. Her head landed on his chest, she could feel his fast heart beat.

“Why did you run away from me?” he asked.

Her gaze moves upwards to his face and she swears she miss this face.

“I thoug-“ she opens but he cuts her off. The people in the park avert their attention to them.

“You drive me crazy, you know that? I’ve been looking for you for a freakin year! I guarded the airport just to know whether you go to Paris or not this year. I advertise your name in the newspaper for weeks and waiting for you every day in this park but you never shows up! I send out people to look for you but you’ve change address and work place. I never go crazy like this especially for a girl I met for only a day,” he said, letting out all his unsatisfied feeling towards her.

Hyosung bit her lower lips, restraining herself from crying.

“Why would you do all these? Aren’t you suppose to be married with your fiancée?” she asked, tugging his jacket.

“There was never been a spark between me and my ex-fiancée. It was all for business, not until I met you. I did these because I love you,” he said while caressing her face softly and gently with love.

“I miss you,” she said, letting her tears flow down.

“Then, why didn’t you look for me?”

“Because I don’t know your full name,” she cried making him to chuckles.

“Silly girl,” he kisses her forehead and hugs her tightly.

 


“They are the hottest couple this year. Everyone in this country heard about Ki looking for Hyo but, what is their story? How did they meet? Nobody knows that. What we know is they are truly deeply in love. Let’s wish for the best,” said the announcer in the television while smiling prettily.

“Should we tell them our real story?” asked Hyosung jokingly.

“No, then I have to tell the details we had that night,” while hugging her waist.

“Hey…that was between you and me. No one should know,” she laughs and god, how he loves her laughs.

“Do you think this is all fate?” he asked.

“It is. Everything happens for a reason. Maybe that’s the reason Jonghun died,” she said and Kikwang stares at her.

“Without it, I would never meet you, I would never grow up, I would never know the meaning of pain and I would never meet my destiny,” she said, wrapping her arms around his neck.

“God, I love you more,” he chuckles and kisses her pink lips.

“Show me another magic?” she raised her eyebrows and he smiles.

“Which magic? The candy or…” he trailed, leading her on the bed.

 


 

Tadah! Happy lovers day my sweetheart~

this story is for my loyal Hyokwang/Kisung reader.

thank you for patiently wait for me and this is for you lovelies. ^^

this story is for all of your non stop support to me. i appreciate it and i love all of you. 

happy valentine's day sweetheart. ^^ <3