I Choose to Love You

I Choose to Love You

I was shaking with fear. I was alone in my house and somebody's knocking on my door. Eotteokhe? I left the tv on to reduce my fear but I still feel uncomfortable.

"Jenna, dear open the door.."

It's a male voice but it can't be my dad. He's currently out on a business trip. It might be a serial killer, kidnapper or something. I was already praying to God to give me strength, courage and guidance. After that, I looked for something that can scare that man away.

Oh! My belt.

I opened the door carefully.

"Hi Jenna, I'm your----"

*splack*

I looked at the man, he's incredibly handsome. He has wings. He's kinda short but hot.

"--guardian angel. -_-"

"Oh no! I'm so sorry! I was so scared!"

"It's okay, Jenna. I'm so sorry if I scared you." he said as he kissed my forehead.

"You may come inside.."

He went inside my room. I felt guilty and prayed to God just to say sorry I hurt one of his angels.

"What's your name?"  I asked him, as I placed a how compress on the spot where I hit him.

"I'm Junmyeon. Only you can see me. I'm immortal and I was assigned to watch over you."

The way he speaks makes me feel like there are butterflies in my stomach. I blushed as he smiled at me and held my hand and kissed it. It feels good to have a guardian angel like him.

Months passed and he still stays by my side. Sometimes I feel like I am starting to fall for him. All the qualities I want in a guy? He has them. He's so perfect, no wonder why he got assigned to be my guardian angel.

Then one day I discovered something. We were at the terrace of my house, gazing at the beautiful stars.

A question suddenly slipped out of my mouth. 

"What do you like the most in a girl?"

He smiled at me and rested his head on my shoulder.

"Well, I like pretty, kind, caring girls. Girls who don't consider money and luxury as happiness. Girls who will love you no matter what happens. I will do anything for the girl I love. I'll sacrifice my immortality just for her."

Is he pertaining to me? I asked myself. I'm going crazy.

"Whom do you love, Junmyeon?"

"You'll know someday." he kissed my right shoulder and rested his head on it again. That made me blush.

"Do you love me, Junmyeon?"

Oh no. What did I just ask?

"Of course, Jenna. I do love you. Very much."

I started crying. I don't know why. Maybe because I think I don't have a chance with him?

"Hey, what's wrong?"

"Nothing. My eyes are just irritated." I said as I wiped the tears away.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Don't worry about me. Good night."

"Good night, Jenna. I love you."

"I love you too." I said as I walked back to my room, with him behind me.

The next day, I woke up with no Junmyeon by my side. Where is he? I feel lonely without him. I wish he'll appear later. I was silent the whole day. I decided to go to the park where we usually go. I sat there and cried. Where are you, Junmyeon? Please come back now.

I was crying until I heard someone walk up to me and sing my favorite song.

"I lost my mind, neoreul cheomanasseulttae

neo hanapeggo modeun goseun get in slow motion,

naege marhaejwo ige sarangiramyeon"

He sounds like Junmyeon..

I looked to see who it was.

 

Wearing a polo shirt, maong pants and rubber shoes is..

 

 

 

Junmyeon.

People were already staring at us. Junmyeon isn't wearing the usual attire he wears. Does that mean he sacrificed his immortality just for me?

I was just sitting there, looking at him until he said those words which changed my life.

"Instead of choosing eternal life, I choose to love you. You see, I sacrificed my immortality just for you.."

"..Jenna, will you be mine?

Without hesitation, I answered yes.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's the best fairy tale ever!" Jea, one of my twins says to me as she hugs me. 

"I want to meet a guy that way too, mom." Janine says, smiling as she looks at me and hugs her dad.

"Don't worry, girls. Someday you'll meet special guys who are really meant for you." my husband Junmyeon says as he kisses my lips and pulls away to finish his sentence.

"You'll be lucky just like how I was when I met your beautiful mother.."

"..she's lucky too because I choose to love her."