Wingless

Millennium Snow with Exo

Echos of the nurses' whispers filled my head. 

"I feel so sorry for the girl." 

" She's so young." 

I slowly crept to my doctors' office, making sure I did not awaken the nurses who was supposed to guard me but had fallen asleep. I put my ear lightly against the door an began to listen to the doctor and my parents' urgent meeting. I breathed slowly trying to comprehend what they were saying. It was hard to make out their voices at first but then I heard my father's voice rose.

"What do you mean you can't do anymore for her!? You guys are supposed to be doctors, find a way to save her!"

The doctor sighed and replied, "We've tried everything from the day she was brought here by the ambulance thirteen years ago. She's now sixteen and we still can't find a cure for her heart disease." 

I heard my mom begin to sob. In tears she pleaded, " Please isn't there any way?"

"I'm so sorry. We have tried everything. We just don't have a big enough budget to investigate her disease  any further." 

My dad yelled out, "Can't you have a fundraiser for her or something! Anything to save her?!"

"I'm sorry but she's not the only patient who needs money to be cured. We have many patients that we can't raise money for. If we could we would try to fundraise for all the people who need the money but we simply are not permitted to. Don't get me wrong though. I truly want to save your daughter but the government can't afford to keep helping her. I'm so sorry." 

My dad teared up and managed to whisper," I understand but at least tell us how long she has."

"I'm sorry but she probably won't see the first snow of this year unless her heart lets her live until then."

They began to trail on as I slowly slipped back to my room. As I lifted my self on to the hospital bed, the pain from my chest came pouring in. It suffocated me but I refused to call on anyone. I can't them worry anymore. I truly wanted to live... I didn't want to leave my parents. I took deep breaths but I couldn't control the pain; it seemed like I was truly going to die soon. 

There was too many things I haven't done yet. I had not gone to an amusement park yet. I didn't get to walk in crowded streets while I bought stuff. I hadn't got to fall in love yet. The thoughts flooded my head. I gasped for air when someone opened the door. 

"Chanyeol", I hastily breathed. 

My eyes were going to close quickly.

"Sedian! Oh my goodness!"

He flung himself outside the door and yelled out to the doctor, "Dad! Dad! She's having an attack! Hurry up! Why are you walking! Stupid old man!" 

It made me smile as all the light from my eyes darkened and faded to the blackness. 

..................................@.@..........@.@........

I snuck out with a sweater into the autumn's chills the following morning. I got past my parents,the nurses, and the doctors but one person knew me too well. 

"Sedian... Where are you going?"

Chanyeol looked at me with the face. I had known him forever. He knew about a lot of my desires and what I wanted to do. I thought this was good but at that moment I thought about it again.

"I'm going for a walk by myself."

I tried to walk past him when he suddenly grabbed my left hand roughly. He turned me around and his hand went up as if he was going to slap me. I shut my eyes waiting for the impact but instead I felt a soft texture in my neck. I opened my eyes and saw a light pink scarf on my neck. He smiled at me. 

"Here a gift from me. You can go but not for too long. You have to come back before I go back to America."

"You're leaving again! But you just got here!"

"I know but I need to go to medical school... So that maybe I can cure you..."

I laughed and he made a confused face.

"Okay! I'll be back!" 

With that I left him alone and went for my walk. I couldn't tell him that I might not be alive when he gets back. He would decide to stay and not continue his education. I walked to the more wooded side and sat down in one of the benches. Tears formed in my eyes but I couldn't let myself cry. I then saw a big figure flying in the sky. I saw a man hopping through the air as if it was nothing. He was beautiful and his hair shined.  He was flying. I started to follow him when all of a sudden he fell. I sped up to him.

He laid down almost lifeless with one of his shoes off and I kneeled next to him. I lifted my finger and poked his cheek. He suddenly open his eyes. 

"Is this any way to wake someone up? 

He opened his eyes in a tired, lazy way. His eyes were brown but light and sparkling in a way. He narrowed his eyes and opened is mouth. 

"Will you stop staring? Ugly human..." 

He still laid down and seemed to have no strength as I adverted my eyes. I was just worried about him because he fell down from the sky.

"You're not human. Am I right?" 

He laid down on his side and rested his head on his hand.

" Yes and i would like if you never touched me again. i might rot from your nasty touch."

I thought to myself, "What a loser! I was just worried."

"What are you?"

"I dont need to tell you."

He abruptly got up but then fell back down. He jolted his head as if he suddenly remembered that he couldn't move and began to yell out.

"Luhan! Luhan! Hurry up!"

A little bat started to fly towards us. 

"Coming! Coming!"

The bat carried a picnic basket with his little feet. His ears were small and he was so cute. He let the basket down and took out a sandwich. 

"Here you go Kris. I'm sorry I'm late. I didn't think you would runout of energy so fast. This I what happens when you don't drink blood like your supposed to." 

The man, Kris, glared at the bat as he hastily shoved the sandwich into his mouth. With crumbs on his mouth he muttered to the bat.

" Even as a bat you have a big mouth."

The bat covered its mouth and turned to look at me with his eyes wide open.

"She saw you?!"

"I guess but she wouldn't have known i was a vampire if you had just stopped talking so much."

Ahhh... so he was a vampire. I believed it though. I should have had known earlier. He was flying! I turned to them.

"My name is Sedian. I'm assuming that you the mean vampire is Kris and you the cute bat is Luhan."

I reached out my hand stupidly thinking they were going to shake my hand. Kris scoffed.

"Like I would shake a human's hand."

Luhan sighed.

"I would but i can't. I'm not allowed to. But i like you though. You said i was cute."

With that Luhan seemed to blush. I laughed a little but then thought of something.

"Kris I dont mean to be rude but if you're a vampire.... Why are you eating food and not drinking blood?"

He had the look on his face as if he had just drank sour milk or he just saw a horror movie.

"Me drinking human blood?! NO! Do you know how nasty that is?! Its warm and it reeks of human. I would never drink that disgusting stuff."

Luhan sighed. "So he has to constanly eat food or he'll colapse like just know."

I widened my eyes and began to laugh like crazy. i covered my mouth with one of my hands and the other was slapping my knee. Luhan smiled at me but Kris blushed instead. He embaressingly and angrily muttered.

"There's nothing wrong with a nonblooddrinking vampire."

He got up and began to fly away. Luhan followed but not  before he said goodbye. i couldnt believe him! A bat is more proper than he is. He left without a goodbye and also without one of his shoes. i knew i was going to see the wingless vampire again tomorrow. With the happy thought i went to say goodbye to Chanyeol.

........................@.@...................@.@................................................@.@.............................................

From across my hospital bed Chanyeol sat in the velvet chair and was finishing his coffee. I stared  at Chanyeol for while and then finally asked him my question.

"Do you think vampires exist?"

Chanyeol spit out his coffee; his eyes bewildered.

"What? Are you having and attack and hullucinating?"

I slapped his arm playfully.

"I'm serious."

"Then no they don't."

He went back to drinking his coffee.

"What if i told you this shoe belonged to one?"

"Then i guess you're not having an attack."

"You believe me?"

"No i think you have became crazy!"

He laughed as he ruffled my long dark brown hair. I laughed with him though i knew that i was telling the truth. He then looked at the clock and frowned.

"I have to go now."

"Okay. I see you next time you come back and dont worry i'll be here when you come back. i promise."

If i'm alive until then.

He grabbed his luggage and walked through the door. i smiled as i waved goodbye to him and he did the same. But when i head the sound of his footprints disappear. i finally started to cry quietly. I probably wont get to see him again. The door slammed open out of no where and Chanyeol  was back. He breathed hard and speed walked to my bed. He wrapped his arms around my shoulders and my face pressed against his broad chest. HIs voice shaked when he  whispered in my ear.
"I'll definately save you... so please...Don't cry... You'll make me worried...And if you do cry, remember that I'll hold you until you smile again.

I lifted my face and smiled at him.

"Go. Your going to be late. Dont worry about me okay? Now that you hugged me i feel better now. Your really a great friend."

His face showed a stinging expression but it only last for half a second. Chanyeol smiled and then spoke cheerfully.

"I have something to tell you when i get back, okay?"

"Why not now?"

He put his index finger on his lips.

"It's a secret."

After that he left to the airport. I suddenly felt better. I then became excited. I was going to see Kris tomorrow and ask him my question. He'll definatly comeback for his shoe.

.............................@.@...................................................@.@................................................@.@......................................................@.@..............................................

End of Chapter One