Single...

Happy Single Awareness Day!

Himchan was having a bad day. First off, he kept messing up during dance practice. Secondly, he either was singing too early or too late on his parts. Thirdly, while he was making a quick pee break, the others had left him to go get some lunch. And lastly, it was Valentine's day and he had to work, he was single, and he was surrounded by a bunch of sweaty boys. 

Don't get him wrong, his bandmates were gorgeous, but he was 100% straight. Thing was, being an idol, meant sacraficing your love life, so he was alone like the rest of the five. So, they all decided to pair off with one another and celebrate as friends. First, Himchan went to his best friend, Yongguk.

"Hey, Yongguk." Himchan greeted him as he walked into their shared room. Yongguk was sitting at his desk, writing in his notebook. He turned towards the other with a smile.

"Hey, Hime." He turned back to jot down a few things, before returning his attention back to the younger. "Sup?" Himchan stepped forward with a huge smile.

"So, what are we doing for Valentine's Day?" Himchan was excited, knowing him and Yongguk always had fun, especially when it involved alcohol.

"Oh... umm... actually, Zelo already asked me. We are going to have a free style rapping competition. I was just waiting for him to get out of the shower." Himchan's eyes flashed with hurt, but he quickly smiled and waved his hand.

"Oh well, no worries." He left the room and decided to ask Youngjae. Maybe they could cook something together.

"Hey Youngjae!" Himchan cheered as he walked into the DaeJae shared room. Youngjae was sitting on his bed, reading a book.

"Hello Himchan hyung!" Youngjae looked up from his book and nodded towards the other. "What are you up to?" 

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to cook with me today?" Youngjae smiled sympathetically towards the elder.

"Actually, Dae and I are going out to get some dinner and afterwards cheesecake." Himchan's smile faltered, but he recovered fast.

"Oh... Ok then." Himchan left with a sigh. That left Jongup. The elder walked into the kitchen, spotting Daehyun eating a bag of chips.

"Yah! Aren't you suppose to be going out with Youngjae soon?" Himchan scolded the endless pit.

"There's nothing like a snack before the main course." Himchan rolled his eyes.

"Have you seen Jongup?" He asked, changing the subject.

"I think he's in the dance studio." Himchan nodded, going down to the studio and of course finding the younger dancing to a Chris Brown song.

"Uppie?!" Himchan yelled, trying to get the younger's attention. Jongup turned and smiled, jogging over to his stereo and pausing the song.

"Hi hyung!" He waved, catching his breath. "What are you doing here, hyung?" Himchan looked away, messing with the bottom of his shirt. He was nervous, being already rejected twice.

"Um... I... I was wondering... if you wanted to... be... my valentine and hang out?" Jongup frowned, biting his lip and scratching the back of his head.

"Actually... I just wanted to dance and maybe work out." Himchan's smile vanished at the younger's words. "I'm sorry hyung..." Himchan shook his head, forcing a smile on his face and waving the teenager off.

"No worries Uppie... I'm sorry that I bothered you..." Himchan turned away, walking out of the room with his head hung. "No... no one wants to be my Valentine..." He sniffed, walking into the dorm to find it empty. The other's must have left. "Good riddance... not like I wanted to spend time with them anyways..." What Himchan didn't know, was that Yongguk and Zelo hadn't left yet and that the elder was standing by the closet trying to pick out an outfit. Yongguk frowned at his best friend, his heart twisting at the muffled sobs. He left the room and went to Zelo's. 

"Hey Zelo, can we reschedule our competition?" He asked nicely.

"But... why?" Zelo whined. "I've been waiting for this for a week." He huffed.

"Because... Himchan is alone and no one should feel like that on this day." Zelo sighed, but nodded.

"You're right, Yongguk hyung. Let's go comfort Himchan hyung!" He cheered, but Yongguk stopped him.

"Wait." Then Yongguk pulled out his phone and dialed Youngjae's number. 

"Hello, hyung!" He answered.

"Hey, can you guys come back early? I don't want Himchan to be alone, so I thought we all could hang together and watch a movie or something." He suggested, shrugging his shoulders.

"Sure, hyung! We can just skip dinner,"

"What?! Skip dinner! Yoo Youngjae!!" Daehyun yelled over the phone.

"Dae shut up! Anyways, we can skip dinner and grab the cheesecake and we all can share."

"Share?! I'm not sharing!! I only promise to share with you!!!" 

"Dae, for real shut up! I'll buy you your own for crying out loud! Calm down! I'll hit you!" Yongguk chuckled from the other end, laughing at the two vocals.

"Ok great. See you soon." He hung up and turned to the maknae. "Now we have to get Jon-"

"Here." Jongup announced, walking into his bedroom and changing out of his sweaty clothes.

"Well that was fast." Zelo smiled.

"Well... I felt bad after I told Himchan no. He looked so sad and hurt, so I decided to be unselfish and hang out with him." He threw on some freshly dry clothes, rolling on some deodorant and spraying himself with cologne. "Did we all tell him no?" He questioned.

"Pretty much..." Yongguk answered, trailing off a bit. "Now let's go." The three boys decided to get the living room prepared for all six of them. Jongup started to set up the DVD player and lay out some possible movie choices, Zelo moved the coffee table and laid out some blankets and pillows for all of them, and Yongguk popped in some popcorn in the microwave, making three bowls to share and some plates and forks for the cheesecake.

"We're back!" Youngjae sang, placing the desert on the counter. Daehyun placed his on the counter as well, but then grabbed a marker and wrote his name on it. 

"Naekkeoya!" He screamed.

"Hey! That's my thing!" Zelo retorted back. Yongguk rolled his eyes, leaving the others to go to his room.

"Himchan?" The younger side, rolling on his back to face his best friend.

"Why are you here? Aren't you suppose to be with Zelo?" Yongguk shook his head.

"Well, I was thinking..." He started, but was cut off.

"Actually, we were all thinking..." Jongup corrected him.

"Himchan... will you be our valentine?" Himchan sat up, happy tears filling his eyes as a light blush covered his cheeks.

"Ok!" He cheered, making his way into the living room with the others. "I love you guys." He laughed, feeling touched at what they all had done for him.

"HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, HIMCHAN!" They cheered.

"Happy Valentine's Day guys!" He cheered back.

~~~~

 

Ya... the ending ... lol