True Love Is Unconditional

Unconditonal
Please log in to read the full chapter

Title: Unconditional

Author: ilovesungyeollie

Pairing: MyungYeol

Genre: Romance, Angst

 

~~*~~

 

Sungyeol stood up from the couch as he heard Myungsoo walking passed. He watched as Myungsoo shrugged his coat on and put on his shoes by the door. Just before Myungsoo could leave their apartment, Sungyeol spoke up.

"Where are you going?" Sungyeol wondered curiously. Myungsoo barely turned when he replied.

"Out. I'll be back by 9pm." Myungsoo said shortly.

"I love you Myung." Sungyeol said sincerely. Myungsoo only nodded before disappearing out the door.

Sungyeol fell back into the couch and sighed. Recently Myungsoo had been leaving a lot and always giving Sungyeol the same line when asked where he was going. Sungyeol had his suspicions but he wanted to trust Myungsoo because that was important in a relationship.

Sungyeol really loved Myungsoo so much but from Myungsoo's actions it didn't seem like he returned the feeling. When Myungsoo and Sungyeol first started dating, Myungsoo was the sweetest boyfriend there could be. But after a while he started becoming distant and cold. Sungyeol felt them drifting apart but he only tried harder to show Myungsoo how much he loved him. Sungyeol told Myungsoo how much he loved him every day but Myungsoo stopped replying after a while, only nodding in acknowledgement.

Sungyeol felt tears run down his cheeks as he thought about everything. He honestly had no idea what happened to make Myungsoo turn like this. He was actually scared that one day Myungsoo would leave him. Sungyeol didn't know what he would do if Myungsoo ever left him. He loved Myungsoo too much. That's why no matter how cold Myungsoo was these days, no matter what excuses Myungsoo told him, Sungyeol wouldn't say anything. He was too worried that it would cause a fight and that Myungsoo would finally leave him.

Sungyeol sighed again as he got up from the couch and went back to his shared bedroom with Myungsoo. Even though they slept on the same bed, it still felt like they were in separate rooms. Sungyeol lay down on Myungsoo's side and buried his face into Myungsoo's pillow, smelling the other's comforting scent. Soon enough Sungyeol fell asleep imagining he was in Myungsoo's arms.

A few hours later, Myungsoo arrived home. He walked into his bedroom and saw Sungyeol sleeping peacefully. He sat on the edge and stared down at Sungyeol's face. Myungsoo felt guilty as he saw the tear stains on his face. Myungsoo caressed Sungyeol's face as he sighed softly.

Honestly Myungsoo wasn't so sure what was happening either. It seems like the sparks originally present in Myungsoo's and Sungyeol's relationship just faded. But despite this, neither of them wanted to break up. Myungsoo knew Sungyeol still loved him and guessed he loved the other too but he didn’t feel the urge to say those three words anymore.

Maybe that was a sign that this relationship should come to an end? With this thought in mind, Myungsoo lay on the other side of the bed and went to sleep.

The next day Sungyeol woke up early like usual and, after taking a few minutes to admire Myungsoo's handsome features, went to cook breakfast. Myungsoo woke to smell Sungyeol's delicious smelling pancakes which prompted him to get up quickly.

After a quick morning greeting and thanks from Myungsoo, the apartment was engulfed in silence. Before their apartment used to be filled with Sungyeol and Myungsoo conversing animatedly but now it seemed the two had nothing to say to each other.

Sungyeol stared at his pancakes sadly as he ate them slowly, thoughts from last night still swirling in his head. Myungsoo ate silently while trying to decide what the best way to break up with Sungyeol was.

Sungyeol was such a nice and caring person and Myungsoo didn't want to break his heart. But he didn't want to lead the other on either if he was already questioning his feelings.

After breakfast, Myungsoo watched television in the living room while Sungyeol went to lie on the bed, lost in his

Please log in to read the full chapter