Happy Valentines' Day!

Our Heart Valentine Special

Luhan POV

 

"Jihoo-yah, what's Valentine's Day? I overheard Imo talking about going out with Ahjussi on that day." I asked, curious about the date that was circled with red hearts on the calendar.

 

"What do you mean what is Valentines day?" Jihoo asked back, looking suspicious.

 

"We don’t have valentines day on the 14th in China. We usually have chinese new years celebrated during then, or near that time that's why we don’t have it..  Now what do you do on Valentines day in Korea?" I said back, quickly making up a reasonable sounding excuse. I remembered Haerin telling me it was the Chinese new years a few weeks ago, so I used that.

 

Jihoo nodded as if my explanation made sense. I gave out a relieved sigh inwardly so that he wouldn’t notice my slip up.

 

“Well, Valentines day here in Korea is spent when girls give guys chocolates. She will make her own chocolate for the person that she loves or her friends and family if she doesn’t have a significant other. She can also choose to give out obligatory chocolates to her acquaintances. Some girls like to celebrate it western style, where guys and girls just exchange gifts. Some couples just like to spend the day together just doing something memorable.” Jihoo explained to me patiently while I hung on to his every word.

 

“Ah, makes sense.” I said while my thoughts turned towards a certain girl.

 

“Why’d you ask hyung? Are you planning something for a certain girl?” Jihoo asked me, his tone turned teasing at the last part, his eyebrows lifted in a suggesting manner. I tried to control my blush but I guess I failed when Jihoo grinned widely.

 

“I knew it! Your cheeks are slightly pink hyung! Nice job hiding it by the way, it’s not noticeable, I just know what I’m looking for.” Jihoo said teasingly, bumping my shoulder playfully with his. I just let a small smile show on my face and let that tell him what I want to tell him.

 

Our days went by normally and nothing special really happened. All I could think about was how to surprise Haerin, Valentines Day is tomorrow. I have a great idea in mind… Let’s see if she’ll like it though. I thought to myself with a grin as I planned it out in my head.





 




 

The next day… Valentines Day..

 

Haerin POV

 

All these hearts, red and pink, and chocolate.. Omo! Did I forget Valentines Day again? This is what I get for being single all my life… I don’t even know how they celebrate Valentines in Korea! Aish! Whatever, I’ll just get Imo and Ahjussi flowers and the oppas a belated chocolate with an apology card. I thought to myself with a slight frown. I went downstairs to eat breakfast expecting the whole family there, but to my surprise I only saw Jihoo oppa there.

 

“Good morning Haerin-ah! Luhan already went to school and I am going soon too! I need to stop those girls from putting things into my locker and take the ones that are in it. Breakfast is in the pan and have a safe trip to school! See ya!” Jihoo oppa said hurriedly, quickly finishing his toast and walking off to the front door and then leaving. I stood there dumbfounded. I think Imo and Ahjussi left for the day already since I don’t hear anything. Even Luhannie is gone somewhere. Probably found a doggy female friend I thought to myself.

 

I got ready sluggishly, not wanting to see all the lovey dovey couples on my way to school. Coffee shops were filled with couples having breakfast, people wearing couple tees or matching outfits. When I got to school, I saw more happy couples everywhere. Girls were giving the guys chocolates and the guys were accepting them with smiles while bowing politely.

 

So this is how Valentines Day works in Korea… I thought to myself, wishing that I could’ve atleast given a certain boy chocolates today. I sighed at walked to my locker, just about ready to go home to avoid the atmosphere at school. When I got to my locker, there was a heart-shaped sticky on the door with an unfamiliar writing on it.

 

“Looking at you from afar makes my heart grow warm. It’s cold outside so I’m grateful to you for giving me warmth! I hope you’ll like my present~! Stay warm neh~?” I looked at the note in confusion and shrugged. Probably stuck it on the wrong locker… I thought to myself, but secretly hoping that it really was meant for me. I opened my locker and let out a small gasp of surprise. There was a white knitted scarf inside my locker that looked very comfortable and warm. I looked at the note in my hand and thanked whoever this was that gave me the scarf. I put it on while smiling slightly. Little did I know, the sender was just right around the corner smiling softly when he witnessed the scene.

 

My thoughts revolved around the note that I got this morning. I wonder who the sender was? Is he going to reveal himself to me? Maybe Valentines Day won’t be so bad after all… I thought. As I was thinking this, another small smile bloomed on my face.


 



 

LUHAN POV

 

There she is! I hope she likes my present… I thought as I saw Haerin walking sluggishly to her locker, not expecting anything. I chuckled at her cute expression when she noticed the heart-shaped sticky on her locker door. As she read it, a beautiful smile bloomed on her face that lighted up her whole demeanor. Slowly though the light died down a bit, as if she was expecting this to be a joke.

 

Open your freaking locker!!! You’ll see!! I screamed at her from my head, knowing that she won’t hear me anyways. As she opened her locker, her eyes got even wider. I grinned in victory as her face broke out into a huge and beautiful smile as she took out the white scarf I placed in it. I had to play around with a bunch of spells just to get the metal contraption to open, so seeing her face light up in joy was definitely worth it.   

 

Yes! She’s wearing it! Oh wow… She looks… Beautiful with it… I thought to myself as I watched smile softly, snuggling into the warmth of the scarf. The sunlight on her back, surrounding her and giving her an unearthly glow, her smile just making her look even more like an angel. The school uniform that she was wearing did not help since her top was a knitted white sweater with maroon pencil shorts and she just looked very angelic and my heart warmed and beat fast.

 

Your effect on me is just… unexplainable Haerin… I hope you realize what I feel for you soon… I thought with a small smile and a hand on my beating heart.

 

Time for part 2 then! Man, I can’t wait! I want to see her smiling face again soon. I thought as I hurried out to prepare my next surprise for her.


 


 

Haerin POV

 

The bell rang, signaling the end of the morning classes. I walked towards my locker again, still pondering over what I got this morning and not expecting another note on my locker. When I spotted the red heart on the green metal, I hurriedly walked towards my locker, eager to read what's next.

 

"Annyeong~! I see you wearing the scarf I gave you and you look really cute! I picked a good one didn't I? You looked really happy when you were wearing that scarf, the sight made me feel full already I don't need lunch! But I know you are probably hungry so I left directions for you to where you can get food :) Better keep that scarf on then neh?" The words in the note made me blush. He can see me? Who is he? I hope I can see him later to thank him! I thought to myself. I opened my locker and saw a white envelope with my name written in calligraphy. I opened the letter and followed the directions. It led me to the stairs which had a red rose on each step. By the end of the staircase, I had a dozen roses in my hand, and the door leading to the rooftop was in front of me. I smiled and pushed open the door. I gasped.

 

Omo! This is so pretty! I thought while looking at the sight in front of me. A table with delicious looking food was laid out in front of me. There was one very comfy looking chair on one side of the table that has an empty plate on it. There was an intricate vase on the middle of the table with water in it, where I put the roses in. I looked around to see if the mystery man was here and . sighing in disappointment when I noticed no one was here except for me. The tablecloth was one of those electrical blankets that heats up so I wouldn't be cold while eating my lunch.

 

Feeling tough by the actions he had taken, I silently thanked him promising to myself that I will meet this person, so I can personally thank him. A small smile unknowingly formed on my face as I started eating the delicious looking food in front of me.

 

Unknown to me, a person was behind the door dancing happily at another success.

 


 

THIRD PERSON POV

 

It was the end of the day and Haerin just experienced the best Valentines Day ever. She thought that it couldn't get any better than what she already experienced. Well she was about to be proven wrong.

 

Haerin met Jihoo before she walked out of the school gates. Jihoo was carrying a large garbage bag filled with Valentine presents from probably half of the population of the school.

 

"Oppa! Are you alright? Do you need help carrying some of those?" Haerin asked Jihoo.

 

"Ani, I'm ok! I can handle this! Besides, this is great weight lifting exercise while I'm at it." Jihoo said smirking playfully. Haerin just rolled her eyes.

 

"By the way, where's Luhan Oppa? I haven't seen him the whole day?" Haerin asked

 

"He's been going back and forth from school to home. There's so much people that have him presents today, it's believable! Even guys gave him presents! Crazy eh? The principal excused him ever since this morning." Jihoo answered Haerin. She only frowned at him and said

 

"Oh really? I guess that makes sense. Well, if you don't need any help, I'll just go then." Haerin said then walked away heading for home.

 

As she was walking, her mind has wandered off as to whoever did all those wonderful things for her. The notes are kept safely in her pencil case, making a note to put it in a book, one red rose that she'll plant in the back yard and her white scarf. All momentums to preserve what an amazing day she had. Soon she reached the house and opened the door. Everything was still, nothing could be heard anywhere but Luhan's shoes were at the front door. Haerin just shrugged, and walked upstairs to get ready for bed. No matter how good today was, she was still exhausted and the good that was prepared for her earlier is still digesting so she won't have to eat dinner. She walked upstairs and heard the shower in her bathroom running.

 

Ah, I guess I know where Luhan is now. He's probably taking a nice hot bath after the tiring day of carrying his presents back and forth. Haerin thought to herself, seeing the giant plastic bags on the floor of the bedroom. She stole a glance at the bathroom door before shaking her head and lying down on the bed and promptly falling asleep.

 


 

DREAM SEQUENCE

 

A soft piano melody woke Haerin up from her slumber. She looked around and saw that she was in a familiar meadow leaning on a very familiar tree that was strumming with power. The piano melody came from a boy playing a white grand piano. The boy has his eyes closed, his nose perfectly angled and his skin a milky white, silver hair framing his handsome face. Beside him and the piano was Luhan, staring at Haerin while smiling. Luhan looked at Haerin straight in the eye and started singing.

 

I can call your name and I can hold your hand

Is the falling sunlight only shining on me? Can I be this happy?

You call my name and you lean on my shoulder

Is the sky’s sunlight only shining on you? Can you be that dazzling?

 

Luhan sang with great emotion and at the last parts a shorter boy with black locks, huge brown doe eyes, with milky white skin that contrasted againts his hair, joined Luhan singing in harmony. His large eyes soft because of a small smile that he wore on his face, the smile causing his lips to form a heart.

 

So lucky, my love

So lucky to have you

So lucky to be your love, I am. hmm

 

Haerin's eyes got a little watery but she didn't cry. When the song ended the boy on the piano stood up and two other boys that had darker skin than the others showed up. That one boy with dark brown hair, darker skin than the others and his lips full and pink, walked to the middle while the one that had silver hair is on his right. The one that looked like a panda is on his left. Music started playing and the boy with the heart shaped lips started singing as Luhan played the piano.

 

She’s my baby

At the end of those pale fingertips, there’s melted chocolate

You’re walking in to my door, oh yeah!

 

She’s my lady

I will completely fall into your dazzling lips

I’m running in to your heart

 

Show me a bit more of yourself (don’t lie)

To be honest (it’s gonna be easy)

This harmony that I haven’t even felt once

Don’t be too late

 

Not a friend

I want to be a man to you

Not just any person

The one person who will protect you

 

Not a friend

Starting from the first moment that I saw you

I’m not just saying this

Lady! I only have you.

 

The three boys started dancing to the music and they're movements were graceful and on point. They all had different dancing styles so they were all really good. Once the song ended, a bouquet of red roses was placed before me. Haerin let out a gasp of surprise and turned around to see who is holding the roses. She was met with a sturdy looking chest so she trailed her eyes up until she saw his face and man, he was gorgeous too. Blonde hair that frames his face. His jaw line sculpted perfectly and his eyes holding a strong gaze. He looked like a prince from an anime come to life! Haerin smiled at the man and took the roses. Then she turned around to look at the boys again, and gasp that they were all behind her. She looked around surprise that she was surrounded by handsome men. She looked to Luhan, wondering if he knew these boys.

 

"These are my brothers Haerin. This is my last surprise to you, I'm glad you enjoyed the food and the scarf! I hope you enjoyed this too." Luhan said to her before walking over and hugging her. He introduced his brothers to Haerin one by one.

 

"This is Kris. He's the second oldest and our leader. He didn't really want to perform anything for you so he thought of flowers instead." Haerin smiled at Kris and went over to give him a hug. Kris' eyes went wide then softened as he brought his arms around her. They separated and Haerin was lead to the next brother.

 

"This is Kyungsoo. He's the third oldest although might look like the youngest after me. He takes good care of us in Exo ever since our parents passed away." Luhan said to Haerin. Haerin walked over to Kyungsoo and gave him a hug.

 

"Your voice sounds lovely Oppa! I hope to hear it again soon. Thank you for taking care of the others, please keep doing so until I can help you take care of them." She whispered to his ear as she hugged him tightly.

 

The next boy is the one that looks like a panda, but still pretty intimidating. Haerin didn't want to talk to him at first but he showed a smile and Haerin walked to him on her own accord.

 

"Hi! I'm Tao, the third youngest! Nice to meet you!" He said cutely before enveloping Haerin in a warm hug. She gladly returned the hug while the others just smiled at Tao's antics. The next brother didn't even say his name before he hugged her. Haerin just stood there shocked before she brought her arms up to circle around him. When her arms were around him, he tightened his hold and whispered into her ear.

 

"My name is Kai but call me Jongin. I'm the second youngest, but I'm probably more mature than Luhan hyung over there." Haerin snickered at the last part and greeted him back. He released her from his hold and heard a male talking to her.

 

"Where's mine Haerin-ah?" The boy with silver hair said. Haerin laughed and walked over to the last brother.

 

"That's better. My name is Sehun and I am the cute maknae of the Exo princes." He said and Haerin noticed a slight lisp coming from him and she squealed internally at how adorable that sounded. When she was released from the hug, Kyungsoo tapped her shoulder and handed her a box. Haerin gently took it and opened it carefully. Inside laid a beautiful charm bracelet. The charms on the bracelet looked intricate and there was six all together.

 

"All six of those charms represent one of us. Those are our power symbols. It represents which kind of magic we have more affinity to." Kyungsoo explained. Haerin just stared in amazement at the charm bracelet and asked Kyungsoo to put it on her. Once it was on, Luhan gave her another box. The box was smaller and it looked like a box used for rings. Haerin carefully opened it and she was met with a silver band that has a black pearl on the middle. On the inside of the ring was six exo symbols to represent all six of them.

 

She put it on her ring finger and looked at each boy with tears in her eyes. She didn't need to say her thanks because they all saw it in her eyes. She slowly closed her eyes because she felt that it was time, time for her to leave.

 

Thank you, for this wonderful experience! I will always treasure it! She thought.


 

Outside of her dreams, Luhan sat beside her bed exhausted but satisfied that he was able to create an illusion in her sleep. He felt saddened that she won't remember it since it was an illusion but he looked at the ring and bracelet that was adorning her hands and smiled. Maybe she'll remember it someday.

 

I love you Haerin. Even if your dream was an illusion I'm sure my brothers will soon feel the same way. He thought before his eyes closed and he fell asleep beside the love of his life.

 
 
 
AN: Happy Valentines' Day~!! I hope you guys liked that!! The songs that I used in the following order is : Exo's Lucky and My Lady. :) How was it? Leave a comment below and tell me what you think :) Would it be too greedy of me to ask for an upvote?     Hope you guys enjoyed it neh~~~~ :)