(1/1)

Yellow Umbrella

 Yellow Umbrella 

 

“Woah,” was all Chanyeol could say as he got off the cab and opened his umbrella, walking to the building. He quickly entered his workplace, closing his umbrella that despite being in the rain for a short while was carrying quite the amount of rainwater. Chanyeol has been working for an agency for at least a year already. And now at the age of 23, has his own apartment but unfortunately does not have anyone to share it with. The young man graduated with grades that exceeded everyone’s expectations, seeing that he didn’t look like a guy that would study all the time.

 

Chanyeol was a very tall man; his torso, arms, and legs were indeed long that many called him a giant back then when he was high school and sometimes even in college. He’s a handsome lad and many women –even some men- adored him. He was very sociable and friendly that it was natural for him to become popular in his school albeit his strange eye-twitch every time he laughs really hard and his quite dorky attitude. Many thought that he would actually aspire to become an actor or even a musician, seeing that he was good in acting and in playing the guitar. So everyone was shocked when he entered an agency; not as a trainee, but as a talent scout. That was not his position at first, but with all the hard work, he got there.

 

“If this isn’t rain then I don’t know what rain is.” Chanyeol muttered to himself as he looked behind him, finding it hard to see the other side because of the heavy rain. He nodded his head to the police officer for a greeting who nodded back and made his way to the elevator when he felt a light tap on his shoulder. He turned around to find a man, much smaller than him, who was looking up to him with small, kohl-lined eyes. The stranger had milky white skin and his pink lips were pursed in a thin line. The man was wearing a white v-neck and red skinny jeans that clung to his legs perfectly and black sneakers to match his outfit and he was carrying a black backpack. His clothes were normal but there was no denying it; the man was gorgeous.

 

“Uh, yes?” Chanyeol felt like an idiot for uttering such a dumb sentence. How he wished that the beautiful man didn’t hear it.

 

The stranger chuckled and dear Lord, his voice was like ice-cold juice on a hot summer day, like a piping hot mug of chocolate on a cold winter night, like a fluffy teddy bear for someone to cuddle with in bed, like a- “hey, are you listening?” Chanyeol was snapped out of his thoughts when he saw a hand waving in front of his face. He looked down to see the stranger with his lips shaped into a pout instead of the previous thin line and oh God he’s so adorable and- “If you don’t want your wallet then I’ll take it.”

 

Chanyeol cocked his head in perplexity at the man’s sentence and when he felt his back pocket, did he only realize that indeed, he dropped his wallet somewhere. And apparently, someone saw the wallet and that someone was this attractive stranger who was waving his wallet right in front of his face.  Chanyeol’s eyes widened at this and grabbed his wallet from the stranger’s hand. “You’re welcome” the latter chuckled and proceeded to walk towards the door.

 

Chanyeol looked at his wallet and checked to see if everything was still in there and of course, it was all complete. Chanyeol doubted that the man could even steal anything with those pretty hands that he may or may not have noticed while he was holding his wallet- “wait a minute…” Chanyeol once again muttered to himself as he looked at the kohl-eyed man who was clearly not holding any umbrella. And wow it was raining lions and tigers. Raining Capulets and Montagues. Raining Death Eaters and Dumbledore’s Army. In other words the rain was really heavy and Chanyeol is just a dork like that.

 

“Hey! Hey!” Chanyeol started running brisk-walking towards the stranger but the stranger apparently didn’t notice him as he continued his journey towards the exit. Chanyeol fastened his pace but still the stranger didn’t look back so Chanyeol shouted out but regretted it immediately. “Hey, pretty boy!” He covered his face in embarrassment because he didn’t only attract the attention of the pretty boy who found his wallet, but he also attracted attention from other employees of the company who were now looking at him weirdly.

 

                “Are you referring to me?” The stranger asked as he pointed a finger –and Chanyeol noticed that it was pretty- to himself while trying hard to control his face from showing any emotion. Chanyeol could feel blood rushing to his cheeks and he wished for the ground to just eat him up but then he remembered what he called the pretty boy back for.

 

 He held out his left hand and the stranger looked at it curiously, this time not even able to mask his amusement. Chanyeol glanced at the hand he held out and once again had the sudden urge to just slap himself; he was holding out the wrong hand.  He awkwardly withdrew his left hand, and hearing a giggle coming from the smaller man, stretched out his right hand that was holding his yellow umbrella. The pretty boy, Chanyeol decided to call him that until he finds out his real name (not that he’s hoping), looked up to him with a confused expression.

 

“What’s this for?” The stranger asked and Chanyeol wanted to melt into a puddle of goo because ugh, that voice.

 

“Ugh, err, ah, uhm…” Chanyeol then starts to wonder where his socializing skills have wandered off to.  

 

“It’s raining batmen and jokers.” The stranger raised a groomed eyebrow at that statement and God Chanyeol STOP BEING SUCH A DORK. Chanyeol face-palms and organizes his thoughts, which was pretty hard because he embarrassed himself real bad. He clears his throat and speaks. “I figured that you would need an umbrella since, uhm, it’s raining pretty hard outside.” Okay Chanyeol, normal so far.

 

“Ah, I see… So you’re worried for me?” The stranger smiled and Chanyeol thought that he might’ve been blinded by the stranger’s bright smile and wow the stranger has a cute eye smile. But then he blushed because no, he is not worried for the stranger and he just wanted to say thank you for giving him back his wallet. “This is just a thank you for giving me back my wallet.” He finally gathers his thoughts to say another coherent sentence.

 

“Oh, okay. Then I don’t need it. I’ll just go because-“

 

“I insist.” Chanyeol cut off pretty boy’s sentence for he really, really wants the pretty boy to accept the umbrella. He thinks that the pretty boy at least deserves to get to his home dry for he was a kind soul for giving back Chanyeol’s wallet back.

 

Pretty boy looked reluctant but seeing the suddenly determined expression on Chanyeol’s face, sighed as he took the umbrella from Chanyeol’s still outstretched hand. “Thanks.” Once again, pretty boy flashes a smile and Chanyeol couldn’t help but smile back. Pretty boy freezes for a second before nodding his head for a farewell, dashing towards the exit. Chanyeol watches the man run away, his eyes never leaving the retreating figure. He walks to the elevator once again, still thinking about the pretty boy that he just gave his umbrella to.

 

 

 

“Urgh, the rain doesn’t seem to stop.” Chanyeol said as he was walking towards the exit after a boring day at work. Once again, he was unable to find any talent out there and some trainees were simply lacking. They didn’t spark Chanyeol’s interest and he was very disappointed. He sighs to himself as he reaches the exit but was shocked to see a man with his back facing him. And that man was holding unto a closed yellow umbrella.

 

“Uh, pretty boy-“He let the words slip out of him mouth before he could even stop it but the stranger, and yes it was pretty boy, turned towards him. Upon seeing Chanyeol, pretty boy smiled and waved. Chanyeol awkwardly waved back, clearly not expecting pretty boy to still be here. Chanyeol cautiously approached pretty boy and stopped in front of him. “Uhhh….” Chanyeol didn’t even know what to say; was the pretty boy waiting for him?

 

And it was like pretty boy read his mind, for the smaller chuckled as he explained “just in case you’re curious, I went somewhere before heading to this place. I just figured that you wouldn’t have an umbrella so I guess that I had perfect timing because a few minutes after I came here, you came out.” Pretty boy grinned. Chanyeol stared. And stared some more. “So you were waiting for me.” It was Chanyeol’s turn to grin, and he didn’t even know why.

 

The pretty boy coughed and fiddled with the umbrella’s handle. “I was not. So are we going to stay here or actually head to a bus stop or something?” The pretty boy countered and oh my gosh Chanyeol was not ready for this. He doesn’t even know why he’s not ready for this. He suddenly feels under-dressed beside this perfection he calls “pretty boy…” He sighs and he just said that out loud. Oh no.

 

“Yes?” Pretty boy turned towards him, head slightly tilted towards the side and Chanyeol resists the urge to hug the smaller and never let go. “Uh, nothing.” Pretty boy chuckles at Chanyeol’s reply and gestures for Chanyeol to come under the now opened umbrella. “Damn, you’re really tall…?” Pretty boy trailed off. “Um, uh, Chanyeol.” Chanyeol replied, slightly stooping down for pretty boy.

 

“I’m Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. You can call me pretty boy though. I like that nickname.” Chanyeol once again wanted the Earth to gobble him up as pretty- Baekhyun chuckled.

 

 

Baekhyun is a student. Well, a university one at least. His major was performing arts (“I like singing the most though” was what he said) and damn he was really good at it. He still lived with his family but was happy with that. He was also single (not like Chanyeol was hoping for anything). And also Chanyeol found out that Baekhyun is a new trainee that entered just a while ago. “So that explains why I never met you before.” Chanyeol said after Baekhyun finished a brief summary of who he was.

 

“Aha, so you went to your university?” Chanyeol asked.

 

“No. I actually got something… from the post office.” Chanyeol nodded at Baekhyun’s answer and they continued to walk in comfortable silence. “So, talent scout huh.” Baekhyun said out of the blue as he kicked a puddle. The rain still hadn’t stopped and they were still under an umbrella, although Chanyeol was the one holding it up for he was too tall and Baekhyun was tired.

 

“Yeah. And that means that I’m older than you, so you better call me hyung.”  Chanyeol retorted. Baekhyun grinned “yeah and you can keep on calling me pretty boy.”

 

“Nah, you can just call me Chanyeol instead and I’ll keep on calling you Baekhyun.” Chanyeol answered with a tinge of pink adorning his cheeks.

 

 

Almost every day it rained.  And almost every day Chanyeol and Baekhyun walked to the bus stop together, which was nice in Chanyeol’s opinion. They got to know each other more and they even hang out in other places, meaning the practice rooms inside the agency. And throughout all thouse meetings, never did Chanyeol or Baekhyun mention anything about the umbrella that Baekhyun still hasn’t returned (and Chanyeol actually didn’t mind). Through the days Chanyeol got more comfortable around Baekhyun and vice versa, so much that Chanyeol didn’t stutter that much anymore. That much…

 

“S-so Baekhyun…” Chanyeol stuttered.

 

“Hmm?” Baekhyun asked, looking up from the lyrics that he was reading and staring at Chanyeol. Chanyeol never failed to amuse him every time he stutters. Chanyeol cleared his thought as he once again tried to look for his reason of getting Baekhyun’s attention. “I was wondering, w-would you like t-to go to a c-café with me later?” Chanyeol closed his eyes shut as he crossed his fingers, silently praying that Baekhyun would say

 

“-yes. Sure, I mean why not. It’s not like I would do anything later anyway. I mean yeah, we can go.” Baekhyun answered eagerly, eyes practically shining as his grip on the lyrics sheet tightened. Chanyeol opened his eyes at Baekhyun’s answer. “Oh really? I was kinda expecting you to say…”

 

“What, no? Why would I do that” Baekhyun laughed “I mean we’ve never been to a date before.” Baekhyun covered his mouth with his hand at that statement. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun with a somewhat hopeful look. OMFG this is so amazing like-

 

“I mean like a friend date of course.” And Chanyeol unconsciously pouted at Baekhyun’s follow-up. “Sure, whatever you want to call it. Fine with me.” The former nodded as he continued to watch Baekhyun who started to practice the song again. It’s not like it bothers me like how Kei Takishima is probably bothered every time Hikari calls him her rival- wait what am I even doing? Chanyeol stops his train of thought before he even gets troubled about that anime; and maybe about this so-called friend date.

 

 

“I see it’s raining again.” Chanyeol stated out the obvious as they looked at the leaking –as Chanyeol sometimes liked to refer to it- clouds that are covering the sky. He put his palm up to check if the rain was really hard and his eyes didn’t lie to him, it was heavy as a wonton noodle. Get it? Wonton noodle? Hehehehehe-

 

“Yes, I get it Chanyeol.” Baekhyun answered and Chanyeol realized that he was once again speaking his thoughts out loud. He looked at his shoes in embarrassment but nothing could defeat the next line that Baekhyun said, “And yes, I still have the umbrella that brought us together.” Baekhyun pulled it out from his backpack and Chanyeol got a glimpse of a something red and the bag was zipped close. Baekhyun opened the umbrella and Chanyeol automatically stepped beside Baekhyun, gently getting the handle out of Baekhyun’s hand which caused their hands to brush.

 

Chanyeol doesn’t know why but he feels electricity sting his hand, and it wasn’t a bad feeling either.

 

 

                Chanyeol and Baekhyun were just walking towards the bus stop after eating in the cafe, still under the umbrella for the rain seemed to be unforgiving, and stopping at a stoplight, Chanyeol takes the moment to look at Baekhyun thoroughly. “Like what you see?” Baekhyun joked and Chanyeol could feel his face flush, ugh he feels like an anime high school girl. Not even the protagonist, just the ones that fangirl over the perfect jock or something. “I was not looking at you.” Chanyeol muttered.

 

                “I was talking about the scenery before us but I am a pretty good sight.” Baekhyun laughed at Chanyeol’s flushed face. Perhaps he was laughing so hard for he was already standing on the street and when a car’s horn was beeping did Baekhyun comprehend where he was. But before a car could even hit him, warm arms pulled him into a hug and into the safety of the sidewalk.

 

                Chanyeol was hugging Baekhyun protectively, with the umbrella forgotten on the floor. They were the only people there for the weather was pretty bad, but the both of them probably didn’t even notice that they were getting drenched because Baekhyun feels so right in his arms and it just felt so right to be in Chanyeol’s arms. They looked into each other’s eyes and both couldn’t seem to tear their gaze away.

 

                They stared even longer and Chanyeol leaned in ever-so-slightly, but before their lips could ever brush, the walking man blinked into life and the ringing bell was sounded for the timer for the pedestrians to cross. Chanyeol, albeit a little reluctantly, let go of Baekhyun and he didn’t know why but everything just didn’t seem right for him.

 

                Baekhyun coughed as he picked up the dropped yellow umbrella on the concrete ground and closed it; he deemed it useless seeing that they were already wet. He pulled Chanyeol along the crossing, obviously trying to brush off the magic that happened between them. But the strange thing was that they both wanted to feel it again.

 

 

                Achoo! Baekhyun sneezed as he grabbed another tissue to wipe his nose with. A ring resounded in his room and picking it up without even bothering to see who the caller was because of his grouchiness, he was shocked to hear the deep, worried voice of Chanyeol.

 

                “What happened to you? I thought that you were going to practice singing today.”

 

                “I got a cold. I think it was because we were- achoo!- soaked yesterday.” Another tissue.

 

                “Why didn’t you tell me? I thought that I reminded you to take a bath after that.”

 

                “You did, I-I-I –ACHOO!” Three tissues were used to clean the snot running down his nose “-I just didn’t follow it.” Baekhyun threw the tissue mountain into the trash bin that he moved beside his bed so that it would be convenient for him to throw every discarded tissue.

 

                “You’re an idiot. Just like Ren Tsuruga.” Chanyeol told him before hanging up. Baekhyun doesn’t even question Chanyeol’s unnecessary comparison to a random anime character that probably got sick because of rain or something. He just glared at the phone as if Chanyeol could see it and pouted. He crossed his arms and completely lied down on his bed. “Shouldn’t he be worried…? Hmph. I don’t care anymore.” He muttered to himself as he pulled his blanket closer to his body. A few minutes of thinking about an idiotic giant later, Baekhyun finally closed his eyes to let sleep overtake him.

 

                “-I can just wait for him to wake up.”

 

                Baekhyun opened his eyes groggily at the familiar voice that echoed in his room. He tried sitting up but he could feel a headache making his head throb in pain so he decided to just lie down and groan to show the people inside his room that he was awake. The two people who were talking turned their attention on Baekhyun who was clutching his head. He heard footsteps approach his bed and he expected his mother’s gentle touch on his forehead. There was a gentle touch alright, but the hand was too big and was indeed too masculine for his mom’s soft hands.

 

                “Wow, you’re really sick. And really red.” A gentle, deep voice with worry laced into it resounded in the room and Baekhyun wasn’t sure if he was red because of his sickness anymore.

               

 

                “I brought you food, drinks, songs, my guitar-“

 

                “Wait, so we’re going to –sniff- practice here? While I’m sick? Won’t you –sniff- get sick too?” Baekhyun then gets worried about Chanyeol’s health who just shrugs and begins to show Baekhyun different chocolates that Baekhyun probably shouldn’t eat, but eats anyway.

 

                “Not really… More of like… Stress-sing? Don’t worry, when you’re well we’re going to an amusement park or something.” The taller said as he opened the case of his guitar. He sat beside Baekhyun as he started to pluck random chords on the guitar. Deeming that Baekhyun was ready to sing, he started to play songs only to be hit on the head by Baekhyun. “You think I can sing a song that high with my cold?!” Baekhyun questioned Chanyeol’s choice of songs. Chanyeol practically forced him to watch the anime. And as much as he hated to admit it, he liked the anime even though it was a shoujo one. But the song is just too high…

 

                “Then we’ll make it an octave lower.” Chanyeol told Baekhyun as he once again started to play the chords, nodding his head to his playing which encourage Baekhyun to at least try.

 

“When I look at you my heart always goes thump-thump

This shaking feeling is fluffy-fluffy like a marshmallow” BaekHyun starts to sing and although his voice was hoarse, Chanyeol still nodded his head with Baekhyun’s singing.

 

“You're always so persistent, You don't even notice

Me, always staring at your profile

When we're in my dreams” A gaze then goes unnoticed by Chanyeol. Baekhyun looks at the man playing the guitar and he can’t help but notice how handsome and manly Chanyeol looked while he was playing, even if it was a very sweet and cheesy song.

 

“The distance between us can be shortened” And Baekhyun scoots just a little closer.

 

“Oh, God, please

Give some Dream Time for just the two of us!

Cuddling my favorite bunny doll, Goodnight again, tonight”

 

“Fluffy time

Fluffy time

Fluffy time “ Baekhyun couldn’t help but laugh because Chanyeol was singing along and Chanyeol couldn’t help but smile because Baekhyun just has that effect on him.

 

“Again today, your unexpected behavior makes my heart go pound-pound

Reading too much into your casual smile, I overheat!” Chanyeol fails to do the second voice in this part but Baekhyun doesn’t mind, Chanyeol was adorable when he tried to do it.

 

“The serious face of yours I saw one day

Appears even when I close my eyes

Even in my dreams is fine,

I want some Sweet Time for just the two of us!”

 

 

“Oh, God, please “ Baekhyun scoots closer.

Give me some Miracle Time, just this once!” The guitarist scoots closer.

And afterwards, if I can talk with him no problem... we'll see where it goes.” Both of them scoot closer.

 

“Fluffy time

Fluffy time

Fluffy time” And they were so close that their thighs were brushing and their shoulders bumping against each other. They don’t mind it; not at all.

 

Baekhyun turned his head just in time to see Chanyeol also looking at him and Baekhyun subtly smiles before whispering “Fuwa fuwa time.” Chanyeol smiles back at the latter, quite flustered at their closeness but not willing to pull away. Chanyeol was leaning in and Baekhyun was not moving back so they guess that it was alright to-

 

“Baekhyun are you alright? I heard you singing and oh…” Ms. Byun barged into the room and was met with an awkward atmosphere and the sight of her sick son sitting so close with his visitor. “I see, I’ll leave you too alone…” Ms. Byun was slowly walking out of the room and Chanyeol stood up to quickly pack his things. “It’s alright Ms. Byun, I was about to leave anyway. Thanks for letting me stay.” Chanyeol smiled and with record time, got his guitar and went out of the house. Baekhyun gave him a dazed wave and when Chanyeol was gone, lied back on the bed. “Oh God Park Chanyeol, I like you.” Baekhyun muttered to himself.

 

Both were clutching their fast beating hearts.


 

“EOMMA!” A shrill voice shouted as the ride reached its highest peak, and a second after was plunging in a very steep angle. Baekhyun was screaming his heart out while Chanyeol was just laughing, his right eye twitching and his laughter was booming. When the ride slowed down into a stop, Chanyeol helped Baekhyun walk out of the ride, seeing that Baekhyun’s legs felt like jelly and he really needed to puke.

 

“I told you that I didn’t want to ride the roller coaster! We’re supposed to be here to celebrate my recovery, not to bring back my sickness!” Baekhyun hit Chanyeol’s arm albeit weakly.

 

“I’m sorry, it’s just that the ride looked so tempting and-“ Chanyeol tried to apologize but was cut off by the fuming younger.

 

“Dear Lord Chanyeol, I really hate you.” Baekhyun muttered after recovering from the ride. Chanyeol scratched the back of his neck awkwardly made a move to pat Baekhyun’s back but stopped the movement after seeing Baekhyun’s galre towards him. The tall let Baekhyun sit on a bench, feeling guilty for making the shorter ride the roller coaster. “Do you want to eat anything Baekhyun?” Baekhyun ignored the hanging question and Chanyeol shrugs, sitting down beside Baekhyun. The latter sighed and continued to stare into space as Baekhyun continued to ignore him. An idea popped into Chanyeol’s head and he stood up and took off to a booth that he saw a while ago.

 

Baekhyun was shocked at Chanyeol’s action but then he remembered that he was supposed to be mad and crossed his arms, turning his head away to prevent himself from looking towards the direction the giant took off to. After 10 minutes, Baekhyun got tired of waiting and he stood up to find Chanyeol when a small stuff toy was shoved into his arms by no other than the guy that he was looking for. “I tried my best but I’m not really good at shooting games so… Sorry?” Baekhyun blushed at Chanyeol’s really sweet gesture and hugging the small, brown puppy stuff toy, he nodded his head subtly. Baekhyun was holding the stuff toy to his face that he failed to see Chanyeol’s bright smile that was filled with adoration for the pretty boy but when Baekhyun looked up, diminished for he was hiding his feelings. He didn’t want his friendship with Baekhyun to sour just because of his feelings.

 

Chanyeol looks at his watch and at the dimming sky and smiling to himself, pats the smaller and gestures towards the Ferris wheel. Baekhyun , looking at the ride, quickly lights up and drags the giant towards it. As they were waiting in the line, Chanyeol saw a clown holding balloons and excusing himself once again, ran off to probably chase the clown. Baekhyun giggles at Chanyeol’s crazy antics and he heard a couple of giggles behind him as well. He turned around to see a group of friends, all girls, staring at Chanyeol in admiration. When a girl noticed that Baekhyun’s attention was now on them, the girl smiled at Baekhyun. “You have a really sweet boyfriend. You guys remind me of this anime couple I know… Ah, Alfred Jones and Arthur Kirkland.” Baekhyun blushed at the girl’s comment and comparison. He watched that anime and dear Lord those characters were obviously gay.

 

“Excuse me?” Baekhyun sputters.

 

“I saw you two a while ago. He gave you that toy right? It was really sweet.” She chuckles at Baekhyun’s reddening face. The rest of the girls now looked at Baekhyun and they all commented on how the man who just ran off was probably Baekhyun’s boyfriend and it was very cute of him to give Baekhyun a stuff toy. Baekhyun was beet red now and finally having enough of the misunderstanding (and probably having enough of the hope that was blooming in his heart) told them that Chanyeol was only a friend. The group of friends were shocked, and some even apologized for the mistake. But the girl who talked to Baekhyun a while ago just smiled and said, “You guys should be. I can see the way he looks at you and the way you look at him. You guys would make a perfect couple. Like Tamahome and Miaka, you guys are tied by the red string of fate.”

 

Before Baekhyun could even process what the stranger just said, Chanyeol was back, panting and holding unto a balloon with the image of a puppy. He sheepishly smiled and said “it kinda looked like you. I had to buy it.” Baekhyun once again blushes and this time, uses the stuff toy to hit the giant while the giant just laughed at Baekhyun’s weak attempt of hurting him. When it was their turn to ride, the woman in the ticket booth smiled and nodded her head at the both of them. Baekhyun, apparently excited at the idea of riding a Ferris wheel, entered the ride first.

 

“Couples enjoy this ride a lot. Your boyfriend will truly like this ride.” The woman in the booth smiled at Chanyeol and before Chanyeol could explain to the lady that Baekhyun was not his boyfriend, he was called into the ride by an impatient Baekhyun. Sitting down, Chanyeol thought of the possibility of becoming Baekhyun’s boyfriend. He looked at the shorter and the pretty boy was gazing at the red sky in appreciation, sighing out in content at the beautiful sight. Chanyeol looks at the younger’s hand and finding it quite empty, hesitantly interlocks the hand with his. Baekhyun was shocked at the movement but didn’t pull away; instead he blushed a cute shade of pink and continued to stare at the sky. He was quite distracted with the fact that Chanyeol was holding his hand but still relished the fact that yes, Chanyeol was holding his hand and it felt perfect.

 

They step out of the ride when their turn was done and seeing that it was almost night time already, Chanyeol decided to take Baekhyun home. He drove Baekhyun to his house; he already memorized the way seeing that he visited Baekhyun frequently while the younger was sick. When they were already in front of Baekhyun’s house, the shorter stepped out and beamed at Chanyeol to show his gratitude for taking him out today. Chanyeol smiled back and slightly waving, closed the door and drove away.

 

Baekhyun decided that what transpired that day was an unofficial date and Chanyeol decided that being Baekhyun’s boyfriend sounded extremely nice.

 

 

It was Monday, five days before Valentine’s Day but as Chanyeol liked to call it, single-awareness day. He however wished that he wouldn’t be single for long for he was planning to make Baekhyun his valentine and soon, his boyfriend. He felt really giddy and excited and nervous and anxious and what the hell, “I can’t do it.” Chanyeol mutters to Yifan, his workmate and also a friend of his, as they sit beside each other in the cafeteria. A bouquet or red roses and a copy of one of his favorite animes, Lovely Complex (which kinda shows their height difference) were lying on the table, oh and including Chanyeol’s head. “Don’t worry man, he’s gonna like it.” Yifan replies as he yet again eats another piece of fried chicken. Damn him and his perfect love life.

 

Chanyeol looks up to Yifan and glares. “Yeah, you’re saying that because you’re in the perfect relationship.”

 

“It’s not that perfect! We have some fights too.” Yifan retorts.

 

“Yeah, but I bet you guys are really mushy every Valentines while I just spend my time watching romantic animes.” Chanyeol pouted and Yifan cringes because ugh, Chanyeol pouting is a big no-no for him. “Bro, he’ll like it and he gonna be yo’ valentine.” Chanyeol rolls his eyes at Yifan’s way of speaking. Probably a gangster movie he watched or something.

 

“Hey, what if I practice on you?” Chanyeol suggests, eyes sparkling as he looks at Yifan in hope. Yifan’s eyes widened and he puts his chicken down. “No no no, we are not doing this.” Yifan waves Chanyeol off to show that he was displeased at Chanyeol’s proposal. “Please bro, isn’t this what friends are for?” The gangsta-wanna-be shook his head but before he could even escape his lunatic –of-a-friend, hands were clutching his very tightly and a whisper full of love filled his ears. “Will you be my valentine?” Chanyeol whispered.

 

Yifan looked away from Chanyeol, seemingly embarrassed from what his friend was doing. But then something- more like someone, caught his eye and dear Lord, Chanyeol was into deep trouble.

 

 

Baekhyun was done watching the event that just transpired in front of him. His hands were shaking, his eyes were blurring and his heart was aching. It hurt a lot to see your crush- no wait the person you like- no wait, the person you love ask someone else to be his valentine. Baekhyun actually just entered the cafeteria when he saw Chanyeol holding Yifan’s hand and he wanted to look away, but he was rooted unto the spot that he was standing on.

 

He finally found the energy to move and he ran away, already with tears streaming down his face.

 

 

“ bro. .”

 

“You’re supposed to act like Baekhyun, Yifan. Be a good friend and tell me that you accept me.” Chanyeol glared at his supposedly-close-friend.

 

“No Chanyeol , I think Baekhyun just-“

 

“WU. ING. YI FAN. WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING.” Yifan cringed. His boyfriend was here and he guess that he saw what just happened. Oh boy was he right. Yifan quickly snatched his hand away from Chanyeol and turned to his boyfriend who was fuming. “B-baby I can explain-“

 

“He was helping me practice.” Chanyeol explained for Yifan who was probably scared less. Yifan’s boyfriend, who is called Tao, was reluctant to believe but seeing the panicked expression on Yifan’s face, he believed them. He didn’t want to destroy their valentine’s day. “Fine, I believe you. But next time Chanyeol,” Tao flopped down beside his boyfriend and hugged his arm “practice on your friend Baekhyun.”

 

“That’s the thing; I can’t practice with him you see. I’m going to confess to him.” Chanyeol explained and Tao ohhed. Tao’s eyes widened in realization, and so did Yifan’s. Tao started “Oh Chanyeol. I think Baekhyun just watched your practice confession”

 

“-and probably thought that it was for me.” Yifan finished. Chanyeol could feel the universe plotting against him. Standing up, he grabbed the bouquet and the copy of his favourite anime and dashed out, planning to completely wing his confession.

 

 

Baekhyun was shocked and also quite flattered. There was this man, a really handsome trainee like him, who was standing in front of him and asking him to be his valentine. Even when he looked like a hot mess, the trainee still looked at him in admiration and he really seemed to like Baekhyun. “Uuhhhh…” Baekhyun felt really dumb at his answer. The trainee was flustered and he awkwardly played with his hands. “I-it’s alright it you don’t w-want to Baekhyun-ssi… “

 

Baekhyun actually didn’t want to. He really didn’t want to become this hot man’s valentine because he wanted to be Chanyeol’s… But considering the fact that Chanyeol asked someone else and of course that guy would accept; who would say no to Chanyeol? Because Baekhyun would give Chanyeol everything if he asked. But if Chanyeol is happy with someone else, then maybe he sould give someone else the happiness that he probably will never have.

 

“Sure.” Baekhyun answers. The other trainee beams and hugs Baekhyun and the pretty boy weakly hugs back, ignoring the throbbing pain in his chest. But Chanyeol was watching them from afar, and he couldn’t ignore the sound of his heart shattering into millions of pieces. “Too late.” He mutters to himself as he walks away. Yifan and Tao was there to see the confession because Tao was really just nosy and Yifan really loves his boyfriend. They both look at Chanyeol in pity, with Yifan patting Chanyeol’s back comfortingly. Chanyeol just hands Tao the bouquet and Yifan the CD. “Happy Valentines.” He mutters to the two before dejectedly walking away.

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun doesn’t meet for the rest of the weekdays, with Baekhyun spending his time working his off and Chanyeol spending days avoiding Baekhyun and nights watching happy anime movies where the guy gets the girl.

 

 

“Bro, you have to get over it-“ Yifan received a smack in the head from his boyfriend. “You idiot, it is not and never will be easy to get over heartbreak.” Chanyeol felt stabbed at the word and once again, tears streamed down his face. He blubbers incoherent sentences as he crawled towards his anime stash, looking for a sad anime. “Kanon or Clannad?” He asks himself as he finally found two of his saddest animes in his collection. He doesn’t like sad animes, but these animes were great. And he really needed to spill his feels.

 

“What my idiotic boyfriend is trying to say” Chanyeol cringes at the word boyfriend “is that you should go for him.” Tao finishes and Chanyeol lets out a bitter laugh. He looks at Tao like he’s grown another head and snorts, “he accepted Jongdae’s offer to become his valentine. I don’t see why I should still go for it.” He made air quotations at the phrase ‘go for it’ and proceeded to put the CD Clannad into the player.

 

Chanyeol was pulled back from the player set and was yanked up by no other than Yifan, who was already tired of seeing his friend moping around on love that could actually be. “You, Park Chanyeol, are giving up? Screw this bull! You ain’t giving up ‘coz you ain’t supposed to give up! This isn’t the Park Chanyeol that I knew from high school who would stop at nothing to get what he wants. So if you want Baekhyun, then you get him bro.” Yifan gives him an ‘inspirational’ speech and despite Yifan’s way of talking, Chanyeol felt kind of inspired because of the gleam in Yifan’s eyes. Yifan actually believed in him.

 

“Chanyeol, just tell him what you feel. With the way he reacted to your fake confession, it seems to me that he likes you too. And if he doesn’t, then at least you’ll get it out of your chest right? So stop watching sad animes and moping about your love life and get your girl!” Tao screamed as he pushed Chanyeol into the bathroom, followed by a black polo, red skinny jeans, foot socks and red sneakers. Yifan proceeds to throw in underwear and Chanyeol blushes before locking the door to take a bath.

 

When Chanyeol was all dressed-up and done, Yifan hugged him and pushed him out of the door. “Stop pushing me around!” Chanyeol orders and the couple laughs, “go for it Chanyeol!” They both said before closing the door and locking it, leaving Chanyeol outside of his own apartment.

 

Chanyeol sighs and proceeds to look for Baekhyun, slightly inspired by the talk.

 

 

Baekhyun looks outside of the window, blocking out the nervous chatter of Jongdae. They were in the café where he and Chanyeol went to, before the pedestrian crossing incident and the start of Baekhyun’s blooming love for his friend; or did it already bloom before that? Baekhyun knew that from the start, when he first saw Chanyeol, he was already interested. Chanyeol was really handsome and unique, and his cute attitude captivated Baekhyun.

 

When he left the place with Chanyeol’s umbrella, he was worried because what if Chanyeol didn’t have another umbrella? He decided to just give him his umbrella back but then it was an excuse to see him again, so he went to the library and a few hours later, to the café near the entertainment and when it was time for some employees, including Chanyeol (he asked the police officer claiming that it was for business purposes. The officer gave it to him with a knowing smile) to come out, he stood there as if he just got there and was nto waiting for the cute giant.

 

And when Chanyeol asked to eat with him in the café, he was excited and happy that he couldn’t control his voice, making him sound really eager. He was afraid that he scared Chanyeol but when he found out that Chanyeol was just as terrified, he felt relief run through his veins. And that crossing incident, he couldn’t sleep all night after that. All the things that Chanyeol did made him smile, and he realized that he really, really liked Chanyeol and he just can’t go to any other person. “Ah, it’s raining outside again…” Jongdae cut his train of thought and he was right, it was raining pretty hard. Just like the first time he and Chanyeol met, everything outside was completely drenched. Especially the people outside who didn’t have an umbrella- “Chanyeol…” Baekhyun muttered to himself.

 

He knew that back from anywhere. Chanyeol, completely drenched, was standing outside, back facing him as he was standing near the stop light to cross the street to the agency. Baekhyun was shocked beyond belief. He made a move to stand but sat back down. He can’t leave Jongdae behind- “Go.” He was stunned to hear Jongdae’s voice. “Go, and don’t forget to bring an umbrella.”

 

“But-“

 

“I knew from the start that I didn’t have a chance with you. I just hope that we would still be friends?”

 

“Of course Jongdae.” Baekhyun smiled while pulling out an umbrella from his black bag. He put his share of payment while pushing back his chair and ran outside. Jongdae sighed as he ran a hand through his hair, thinking the situation through. Maybe it was just a little crush Jongdae… After all, you were just amazed by his singing. Ugh, maybe I’m really desperate for a valentine that I asked out my petty crush… He looked down but then turned his attention towards the sound of a chair, specifically the chair in front of him, being pulled back and the sound of a person sitting on it. “You look like you need some company.” A very cute stranger, one with chubby cheeks and auburn hair said.

 

“Excuse me?” Jongdae was flabbergasted at the man.

 

“Tough luck. Date left you?”

 

Jongdae sighed as he sank deeper into his chair. “No, I let him leave.” He unconsciously pouted and the stranger chuckled while stretching out a hand. Jongdae looked at the man. Damn he’s gorgeous. He thought as he studied the really pretty stranger before him. Jongdae proceeded to hold the man’s hand for a handshake.

 

“I’m Kim Minseok. My friends call me Xiumin but you; I’d like it if you call me Minseok. May I have the honor of being your companion for the rest of this wretched, fluffy, couple-filled day? My friend Luhan ditched me for his stupid friend who was in need.” Jongdae laughed a little and nodded. “Sure, I think I’ll enjoy your presence.” They both laugh out loud, the atmosphere very cheery around them despite the fact that Jongdae was just left by Baekhyun. And slowly he forgot about Baekhyun, clearly immersed in the conversation with Minseok.

 

 

Chanyeol was waiting for the walking light to become green so that he could go to the agency. “Maybe Baekhyun’s there…” He already called Baekhyun’s mom to ask where he was, and his mom didn’t know. She was only informed of a date, one that she was hoping for to be with Chanyeol. Chanyeol dejectedly told her that Baekhyun wasn’t having a date with him, and Baekhyun’s mother ended the call, clearly sad that his son wasn’t with Chanyeol. Well she wasn’t the only one who was sad. The rain was really cold but Chanyeol was numb to it already. “Maybe you should hold the umbrella. I can’t feel my arm.” Chanyeol knew that voice; he loved that voice. He turned his head to find Baekhyun struggling to keep and umbrella up to cover the both of them.

 

Chanyeol got the handle and then proceeded to protect both of them, mostly Baekhyun because he was already wet, from the rain. They just stood there waiting in awkward silence and then Chanyeol noticed it. “This isn’t my umbrella…” Chanyeol muttered as he looked at the red umbrella, the object quite familiar.  Baekhyun blushed as he looked at the concrete floor, feet awkwardly shuffling. “I actually… Always have an umbrella in my bag… Even when we met…” Chanyeol was stunned. “You had an umbrella when we first met? Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“I wanted an excuse to meet you again because I kinda thought you were cute so-“ the walking sign blinked into life and Baekhyun felt relieved as he ran to cross the street to escape confessing but when he was in the middle, he was pulled back and something warm and soft touched his lips. His eyes widened in shock. Chanyeol was kissing him in the rain with one arm around Baekhyun’s waist and another holding the umbrella. Baekhyun relaxed in the kiss and wrapping his arms around Chanyeol, deepened it. When the need of air kicked in, they both pulled away reluctantly. “Kinda cute? I’m kinda cute?” Chanyeol asked and Baekhyun giggled, arms still around Chanyeol’s neck and Chanyeol’s arm around Baekhyun’s waist.

 

“No, you’re hella cute.” Baekhyun replied and Chanyeol kissed his forehead. He led Baekhyun off the sidewalk and when they were at the other side of the street, Chanyeol placed a quick kiss on Baekhyun’s lips. “Aha, and now you’re the Humpty Lock to my Dumpty Key.”Baekhyun blushed and pulled Chanyeol back into a kiss, this time longer than Chanyeol’s peck.

 

 

               

 

               

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTE 


So now I'm done. Finally. Wow, I am two days late oh and I don't have any excuses. The was kinda thought of on-the-spot so... And I was practicing for a performance of our acting club so... Excuse this poorly-written fanfic juseyo! And wow, this isn't as long as my Disadvantages of Being an Immortal but hey, it's kinda long. I hope that you enjoyed this and once again, this ain't beta-ed. It's just not my style. So comment, upvote and subscribe! Ciao~

EDIT 02/17/14: Edited some things :D will continue c:

EDIT: 04 / 07 / 14: 

 

Reference:

Capulets and Montagues : (Book) Romeo & Juliet
Death Eaters and DA: (Book) Harry Potter series
Batmen and Jokers: (Movie/Series/Comics/Whatevuhhhhhh) Batman
Kei and Hikari: (Anime) Special A
Tsuruga Ren: (Anime) Skip Beat!
Fluffy Time (Fuwa fuwa time!): (Anime) K-On!
Alfred Jones & Arthur Kirkland: (Anime) Hetalia
Tamahome and Miaka: (Anime) Fushigi Yuugi 

(Anime):
-Lovely Complex
-Kanon
-Clannad

Finished editing stuff :3 Tell me if I missed any reference material c:

 

Tumblr