Mine or Yours?

Mine or Yours?

Amber had never felt awkward here- the apartment that the four boys shared together. She never had any problem spending time with boys after all, not to mention that these boys were her close buddies. The other three Berklee friends were introduced to her by her best friend Henry in such an excited way of his, while she did the rest of the process of making friends by herself. They became close pretty fast though, due to their ability to speak English instead of Engrish, their out-going character and the common passion for music. So far Henry even started to complain that she seemed to be closer to the other boys than he was himself.

Ever since Henry moved out to live with his production team, his studio became one of Amber’s favorite hang out place. In fact, she probably spent her free time here only after her own dorm. She loved her members very much of course, but sometimes she wanted to enjoy being not-too-different-form-people-around and that made Henry’s place the perfect choice.

Today was no difference as Amber casually sat at the boys’ dining table with a slice of pizza on one hand and a can of coke on the other, Henry’s laptop on her lap. The said boy sat right beside her as he cheerfully showed her something in his laptop.

“So… yeah. I made my weibo account yesterday”- He bragged as if it was the most significant event ever.

“Really? You failed-Chinese-born?”- Amber smirked, which succeeded to make her friend be taken aback on his track.

He pouted: “Way to kill the mood, girl. Especially when you have no right to criticize my Chinese, Yi Yun!”

Taking advantage of Amber’s pause because of surprise at the mention of her Chinese name, Henry snatched his laptop from her grip.

“I won’t show you, then”

Amber blinked, and when she finally got over the surprise, she took another bite of pizza, rolling her eyes: “I have no desire to see whatever you intend to show me at the very first place”

That was definitely not the reaction that Henry expected from her since his lips slipped into a pout once more. He deliberately drawled: “You reallyyyyyy don’t want to watch it?”

Amber continued paying her attention on the meal.

“You will regret for sureeeeee, Amber Josephine Liu

She decided to ignore the urge to kick his shin because he just dared to call her by that name despite the fact that she had clearly forbidden him before. Playing with his childishness brought her enough joy to compensate for it.

“Don’t you hear meeeee? Josephine? Yi Yun? Eun Young? Embaa-chan?”- Henry couldn’t believe that his best friend was letting him call her by all those names without any explosion, so out of her character.

Amber was trying to stay calm actually. She just wanted to hit him as well as burst out laughing at the same time. (Like seriously, Embaa- chan??? Creepy much. She suspected whether he even knew when that term was used in Japanese) But she knew better than that. She knew her indifference was driving him nut and he would give up soon and beg her to watch that “awesome-video-I-made-for-fans” he had been ranting all day long.

“Ok, fine”- Henry said resentfully while puffing out his famous cheeks, which made him resemble a chipmunk more than ever.

Amber didn’t even try to hide her snigger when her buddy shoved the laptop back to her lap and played one certain video. It was a short video of Henry playing his guitar and singing a song to ask his fans to follow his weibo account. She found it cute but never would she admit that to a boy who was staring right at her with hopeful eyes though. At that time Henry looked exactly like a puppy waiting for his master’s compliment, and Amber can even see the invisible little ears forming on his head. Unfortunate for him, Amber was one of the people who found happiness in teasing Henry every time they got the chance.

Therefore, she just laughed out loud after the video stopped. Henry frowned.

“What’s so funny?”

“Your face looks so stupid in there”- Amber grinned.

Henry huffed and turned away, walking out of the kitchen and locking himself in the studio room. Amber didn’t really find the need to stop him though. Henry huffing was cute, well, like every other time, she thought while chewing the last bite of pizza. As she started to clean the table, she heard the sound of his violin- it seemed that he decided it was better to practice a bit rather than sitting there and letting her make fun of him. Her lips curled up, the melody from his instrument never failed to make her smile. But the smile soon turned into a smirk as Amber came up with an idea to pull him out of the room.

---

She sneaked into the studio. Henry was already absorbed in his own music but Amber knew that there still was a little part of his secretly observing her. She didn’t bother to call him though. She came to the other boy in the room instead. Gen looked up from his keyboard to grin at her, gesturing toward Henry’s direction and making a face, causing her to chuckle silently. Amber whispered her plan into the boy’s ears then and Gen agreed to join her right away.

Gen grabbed his guitar and they went out of the room on tiptoe, leaving Henry inside alone. Amber spotted Henry’s LA cap on the way and brought it along. Henry was now totally focusing on his violin that he didn’t realize anything.

When she came to the living room, Amber once again informed her plan to the other members of Noize Bank, Neil and Isaac, asking them for help. The boys thought it would be fun, so they didn’t hesitate and said yes to her merrily, just like Gen did. Amber smirked to herself. No wonder why Henry kept whining that his room-mates were now more like Amber’s friends as they usually stood her side. The poor little boy just had no idea how much fun bullying him was.

Calling it a plan, yet it was not really something special. As Henry created his account to get closer to fans, Amber figured that she should have one of her own as well. She decided to film another video with exactly the scene concept as his, to of course, but to give the fans an interesting surprise also. That was why Amber asked the Berklee boy s for help. They were the needed background as well as the guards in charge of Henry incase he ran out, which he surely will since he wouldn’t stay still watching Amber stealing the little song that he was so proud of.

---

Henry finished the last note on the instrument splendidly. He decided to take a little break before continuing. Turning around to realize that Gen was no longer in the room, probably out with Amber, he huffed again. That girl didn’t even consider apologizing him, much to his disappointment. The “weibo song” was not one of his biggest attempt in music ever of course, but he still looked forward to getting positive feedbacks. His fans loved it for sure but Amber was one of the people that Henry wanted to receive compliment from too. Her recognition always meant so much to him but it seemed that the girl never acknowledged it.

Henry sighed, he was going to pick the violin up for another song when the sound of guitar echoed from the outside. It was Gen, Henry realized immediately. Noize Bank boys were close enough to the level that they can tell who was playing instrument without seeing faces. But wait, wasn’t that his Weibo song? Why was Gen playing it? And what was with the angelic feminine voice that was singing along with the melody?

Henry’s eyes widened. Gen, Isaac, Neil were all good singers but their voice would never sound that feminine. Henry’s eyes slightly widened a little bit more as he came to the realization. Of ing course, that voice must belong to the only girl being in the apartment right now, Amber.

What the hell was she doing with the song she had just laughed at? Henry thought as he stormed out of the room.

---

Isaac and Neil were lying comfortably on the couch and the floor carpet when Henry passed by. Not that he cared though, since all his attention was now aimed at Gen and Amber in front of a portable camera, singing his song.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?”- Henry condemned.

Amber turned around to look at him and poked Gen’s side to inform about his appearance. Everything happened too fast then. Isaac and Neil suddenly came out of nowhere to grasp him and dragged him away. All Henry could manage to do was struggling helplessly in his own friends' firm grip and yelling to the other two "traitors":

"THAT'S MY SONG!!!"

---

Amber finished the song. She pressed the "stop" button of the camera while still remaining in breathless laughter. Gen was not in the better situation than her either, as he was literally rolling on the floor laughing. They came back to the couch to meet Isaac and Neil after finally rescuing themselves successfully from too much laughter.

The four reviewed the video again and burst out laughing once more.

Isaac wiped off his tears from the corner of his eye, “Honestly, I and Neil made perfect cameos here”.

Gen : “Yeah. I’m afraid that viewers would probably focus on you scratching your instead of us.”

A little wrestling battle occurred among the boy as Amber finally asked: “Where is Henry now?”

“He was in the bedroom”- Neil supplied.

“I will go to check”- the boyish girl said as she stood up, throwing the camera to Gen and walked toward the said room, grinning.

---

“Oh, we forgot to untie him. I thought I should go too”- Isaac was about to sit up when he felt his wrist was grabbed and his body was pulled back down. He frown, confused: “What?”

“Let Amber be responsible for that then”- Gen wiggled his eyebrows grinning. It was more than enough to clarify for Isaac. He sat back up properly and let a matching grin shown on his face.

“I thought we should go out for a walk”- Neil suggested loudly as he already pulled the other two off the couch and headed to the door.

“Great idea”- Gen laughed.

Meanwhile, Isaac just grunted: “And Henry just called us bad friends”, but he followed the other out anyways.

---

Amber couldn’t help but laugh again at the scene of Henry’s current situation. He was lying on his stomach on the floor, being unable to move as his body, down from the neck was wrapped tightly in multiple blankets. He was struggling to release himself but still no use. He was technically like a turtle being flipped.

Henry whined when Amber came to him, an amusing grin annoyingly played on her lips and his cap on her head.

“Having a good time Snoopy?”

He groaned and shot her a (hopefully) death glare: “How come my cap, my song and my friends all became yours?”

His eyesight was blocked as Amber put the cap on his head, but his ears can still her clearly: “Still all yours”

He was busy trying to rescue himself once more while he retorted back: “Yeah? Like this? My friends were clearly no longer mine. I wonder what do you actually mean?”

The next thing he knew was that Amber rolling him over, so now he can rest on his back instead, as she settled herself down next to him, cross-legged on the floor. The red LA cap which was hanging loosely on his head fell to the floor on the process.

She looked down straight at him  with her brown eyes and answered: “Didn’t you claim that I’m yours? Then they were all still yours”.

Henry had always been proud of his milky white flawless skin but now he totally hated it more than ever. The pale texture couldn’t help him hide the pink color that was already forming on his cheeks, as he could feel the heat rising.

He didn’t expect Amber to bring that up. Ever since that tweet of his, they never really mention the topic again with each other. Henry was somehow grateful that Amber chose not to interrogate him. Because he didn’t know how to explain to be honest. He couldn’t just came to her and dully admitted that he was in love with her, his close friend, since forever.

But why now? Was  she using it just to again? He bit his lip, recollected himself and averted his gaze back to her. Even before he could analyze the meaning of her look, Amber bent down, planting a kiss directly on his lips.

The world seemed to stop moving for Henry. His eyes widened in shocked and he held his breath the second her lips touched his. Their very first kiss was soft and exploratory. When Henry felt that Amber was about to break the kiss, he stretched his neck up, to press their lips more firmly against each other. They consumed in slow and sweet kissing like that for what felt like a century when Amber finally pulled back. They smile sheepishly at each other, cheeks pink.

“You are not so bad as a kisser”- Amber mouthed as she helped him loosen the grip around his body. However, the stupid cocky grin split on his face urged her to add: “But my version of your song was way better than the original one.”

She expected Henry to say back something as usual. Yet he said nothing. And when she shifted her gaze back to his face, her heart jumped at the sight of a slyly grinning boy. Henry shifted his body, placing his head on her lap, while his hand (which had just been released) moved up to grab the back of her neck, pulling her down.

“Let me do what I am good at then”- He whispered right before their lips met again.

------

Author's note: Dont forget to check the doujinshi version of this here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/616498/9