Answer Sheet [3, 7, 8]

20 Questions [Valentine's Day Edition]

The school grounds resembled a ghost town, with no living soul in sight. The bell had only rang thirty minutes ago, when all students hurriedly rushed out of their individual classrooms to make their way home, eager to kick start the weekend. The silence was deafening, and Chanhee wondered if he could remain sane in this forty degree heat. Any longer and he'd be ashes, burnt to crisp. 

From a distance, the sixteen year old boy spotted his same aged friend, and waved him over excitedly. As the blond neared, though, Chanhee noticed that Byunghun had brought an acquaintance, and that unwanted company had arrived (Unwanted in Chanhee's eyes, at least). The girl had waist length hair which shimmered in the sun, along with saucer-like eyes that matched her round face and petite frame. Chanhee recognized her instantly. How could he not, when she was the witch who casted an evil spell on his precious best friend?

"Hello, Chanhee-sshi. What are you doing here?" The girl asked, her voice meek and shy.

Chanhee side glanced his blond friend, anger building up inside, "Inyoung-sshi. I was waiting for Byunghun. Now that he's here, we'll be taking our leave."

Before she could open her tiny little mouth to protest, Byunghun stepped in between them, "Chanhee, you can go ahead without me. Inyoung and I have important matters to discuss."

Chanhee scoffed, shaking his head slowly, his blood boiling with hatred, "Inyoung?"

"We decided to drop the formalities, right, Byunghun?" Inyoung chirped, not sensing Chanhee's perturbed manner.

His head snapped to glare at Byunghun's direction, hands immediately curling into tight fists, "Why didn't you tell me earlier? I've been waiting since ages ago."

"Sorry," Byunghun said, unable to comprehend his best friend's fury as of yet. "I'll make it up to you somehow, okay?"

No. It wasn't okay. His best friend ditched him for a petty classmate he barely knew, whereas Chanhee and Byunghun were childhood friends who knew each other more than they knew themselves. It's not fair. The world isn't fair.

"I'll meet you at home," Chanhee spat as he turned away from the stunned duo.

"Chanhee, don't bother! I won't be home 'till late." Byunghun ran up to his friend and caught him by the wrist as he shouted. "It might take longer than expected."

Chanhee huffed, "I don't care. I'll be in your room, waiting, and you can't do anything about it."

True to his words, Chanhee stomped off in the opposite direction without looking back. Mrs Lee was genuinely surprised when Chanhee appeared on her doorstep alone.

"Where's Byunghun?" She asked, careful as she assessed Chanhee's stoic face.

He smiled, though, as he spoke to Mrs Lee, not wanting to come off as rude, "He's working on a group project due next week. I was told to wait here."

That left the older woman even more confused, "You're not his partner?"

"No," Of course he wasn't, the whole conversation was a lie. "The teacher assigned our groups."

"Oh, that's very uncalled for." She murmured. "If you need anything, I'll be in my room, sweetie."

The Lee residence was his second home. Having visited the abode often enough, he knew where every appliance and utensil was located, sometimes even more than Byunghun himself. He also knew to make himself at home, because that was just how close the two best friends were, unlike that stinking girl the blond recently attached himself to. Chanhee was brewing a cup of tea, dipping the tea bag in and out of the hot water when a certain person's voice echoed along with a loud slam of the door.

"Don't bother, I won't be home 'till late!" Chanhee repeated in a mocking tone, expressing his dissatisfaction.

"Chanhee, listen to me. I'm sorry." The apology piqued his friend's interest. "It's entirely my fault, so don't blame Inyoung."

Chanhee chuckled, but there wasn't a hint of amusement in it, "Why don't you go running back to your Inyoung? I don't need to hear this crap."

"I came back for you," Byunghun admitted. "The discussion can wait. I didn't realize you hated Inyoung so much."

"Your girlfriend isn't the problem!" Chanhee yelled, having a tough time chosing the right words to compose his sentence. "The problem lies in you!"

"Girlfriend? Channie, I think --"

"No!" He shrieks, backing away as Byunghun approached him. "It all makes sense now... You're tired of me. You don't want me anymore. You... You're leaving me! You stupid, stupid, best friend! Oh wait, am I allowed to call you that? Or do you prefer Lee Byunghun-sshi?"

The never faught. Bickered, yes. Teased, yes. But they never faught. Chanhee was so very afraid, and it was evident as his body shivered violently, tears b in his eyes. He looked vulnerable, as if a lone touch could make him crumble like glass shreds. After what seemed like an eternity, Byunghun tried approaching his friend again, inching forward step by step, and when he was near enough, engulfed Chanhee in a warm embrace.

He flinced, which made Byunghun rather upset; what had he done?

"Shh," Byunghun soothingly pats his head. "It's alright, Channie."

The latter returns the hug and burrows his head in Byunghun's chest. Sliding down slightly, his muffled voice came out, "Are you cheating on me?"

The question is inappropriate considering the situation, but Byunghun couldn't care less. The meaning was implied.

"You stupid, stupid, best friend," Byunghun used his words against him, like Chanhee did before, but with a gentle and sweet voice. "Inyoung is teaching me how to bake, silly!"

"Bake?" Chanhee pulled back and stared at his face. "You? Bake?"

Byunghun sat them both on the couch, "Yes, Channie, I'm learning how to bake."

The taller boy cracks a grin, "Does this have something to do with my birthday? You know, my birthday which is only a week away?"

"Don't get ahead of yourself, I'm not doing this for you. Don't ruin the moment." Byunghun slapped Chanhee on the arm playfully, and they both laugh. "When I pull out the cake next week, could you at least pretend to be surprised?"

"I'll pretend to be surprised at how good it looks, no matter how ugly the cake is, so don't worry." Chanhee beams, while Byunghun frowns.

"How did you know?"

"I've seen you in the kitchen, Byunggie. Your products are disgusting."

"Hey!"

"Now let go of me. My tea is getting cold!" Chanhee pushed off and and straightened his clothes, as if nothing significant happened before. "Would you like some tea?"

"This is my house," Byunghun groaned. "I should be serving you tea, not the other way around."

"Who cares?" Chanhee waves it off with a flick of the hand. "I don't think any of us are up to be poisoned today, anyways."

"Hey!"

 

From upstairs, Mrs Lee smiled. Thank goodness the boys resolved the misunderstanding. She pressed the stop button on her phone, ending the recording, and then sent it to Mr Lee, giggling like a schoolgirl as she did so.

"Darling? Did you receive the message?"

"I think you're being creepy again..."

"I can't help it! Our boys are so cute!"

"Our boys?"

"Well duh. If Byunghun doesn't marry Chanhee when they grow up, I'll adopt him."

"You're crazy woman."

"I think so, too."

 

 

 


It's been a while since I updated (About a year, to be exact.) Sorry peeps. I never said I was a responsible author.

It's Valentine's Day! Happy Valentine's Day! I specifically told myself that I needed to update this fic today. This fic only came about because of Valentine's Day, after all. Maybe ya'll will only get one chapter a year! XD Kidding. (But seriously)

Anyhow, I usually don't leave an author's note, but since I already am, might as well go full out.

This chapter wasn't supposed to be so... drama-ish. It just came about this way as I wrote. The whole story is supposed to be fluff I think. But then again, I was never good at writing, so I don't even know what fluff is anymore.

1216 words! Too many! I was meant to limit myself to less than a 1000 words for every chapter. Urgh. It was hard. Even after exceeding the limit, it seems like the ending was rushed (Which kinda was, cause I'm sleepy)

Remember to suport Niel's solo debut!

Until we meet again!

Toodles~