Finale

Valentine's Ice Cream

Woohyun's cheeks are puffed out as he watches yet another couple eat each other's face in front of him. He's  tempted to just yell at them to get a room or even better, get out, but he can't. Because he's working. Because it's the parlor's 'Valentine's Day Special'.

People are coming into the store just for free ice cream. They kiss in public for free ice cream - were these people really dating, because Woohyun swears this guy had pulled that girl, who was sitting alone at a table, to join the queue, and he is now kissing her in his face.

It didn't help that today was probably the hottest of Summer. It really didn't. The line is long - really long. Woohyun hasn't been able to stop watching people making out ever since his shift began - and it doesn't have anything to do with being a ert, because that is something Woohyun is not [he's more than ert].

"Aw, that's so sweet; here's your ice cream so how about tearing those lips apart and enjoying it, eh?" Woohyun says with irritation in his voice, but with a warm and friendly smile.

The customers do as they're told and part lips, now all red and swollen, and blink dumbly at him before snatching the ice cream from his hands. They leave, not without shooting him a glare, probably going to learn more about one another somewhere else.

The bell on the parlor's pastel-pink door jingles, signaling another customer's entrance. Woohyun fights the urge to roll his eyes because he has to serve yet another icky couple, and instead welcomes them to the store.

He's surprised when he sees they're two men - both in expensive suits, and they're handsome. One has jet black hair, dark eyes, a tan and a nice build; and the shorter has caramel hair, teeny, teeny eyes, fair skin and a lean build.

[Woohyun thinks the one with the black hair is more his type than the other.]

"The one day I choose to come and the line is longer than I have ever seen before," the shorter complains, ruffling his hair.

The one with black hair chuckles, and it's then when Woohyun notices almost every girl, even the ones in the queue, in the store is staring at the male. "Well, we could go somewhere else if you want, Sunggyu-hyung."

Sunggyu sighs and waves a hand at the now-known younger. "It's fine, Myungsoo-yah. You come here often don't you?"

Myungsoo smiles sheepishly and bows his head.

Woohyun squints his eyes at them. From what he's seeing here, this Sunggyu-guy's the dominant of the relationship, and Myungsoo-guy's the sub. How perfect for him [because Woohyun bottoms nobody].

"Excuse me?"

A girl waves her hand in his view and gains his attention. He gives her a short glare before returning to his welcoming smile.

"Ah, right..."

 

---

 

It takes almost forever until it is Myungsoo and Sunggyu's turn. The younger of the two steps up and raises a finger.

"I'll take a vanilla, and my brother will--"

Myungsoo is interrupted by the shorter. "There's a free special today?"

Both Woohyun and Myungsoo blink at Sunggyu, whose eyes have widened, a small smile growing on his lips. He's staring at the little sign in front of the cash register.

"Yes, there's a Valentine's special today," Woohyun answers.

The caramel haired male the frowns. "No wonder there's this big- line. Doesn't this store have any other cashiers or something? This is really inconvenient."

Woohyun also frowns because he's just an employee, not the owner of the parlor.

"Kiss your valentine and get a free medium-sized ice cream," Sunggyu mumbles. "So I need a date?"

"Yes."

"And I have to kiss them?"

"Yes."

"Myungsoo, let me kiss you."

"No."

"We'll get free ice cream though."

"No."

Sunggyu's frown deepens because of his brother's obvious betrayal. "I just have to kiss someone, right?"

Woohyun sighs. "Yes."

Then everything happens like out of a drama. Sunggyu grabs the collar of Woohyun's white uniform and tugs hard. The employee winces at the pain that comes when his hip smacks into the counter, his footing lost.

Sunggyu pulls him halfway across the counter and meets him there. Sunggyu's face is close to Woohyun's, and they stare into one another's orbs for a few seconds [it felt like hours to Woohyun though], before Sunggyu tugs again on the employee's collar to press their lips together.

[Myungsoo's jaw drops, as does his entire posture.]

Woohyun's eyes are wide at the contact; Sunggyu's are closed. Woohyun isn't sure what to do. He isn't sure whether he wants to push this attractive stranger away, or to kiss him back, because Woohyun quite likes the feel of this man's thin lips on his.

By the time Woohyun has decided to push Sunggyu away, the man has already lifted his lips from his. Woohyun is in a daze, and he swears he can see flowers floating around this stranger. However, it all ends when Sunggyu speaks once again.

"This should be enough, right?"

Woohyun feels like he should be angry, feels like he should murder this man, feels that he should just kidnap Mr. Caramel Hair and throw him on his bed and--

No, Woohyun. That's bad. You shouldn't think like that.

He snaps himself out of his thoughts and grumbles irritably as he scoops ice cream for Sunggyu. The employee hands Sunggyu the cup and tells him to have a great day through grit teeth.

He also hands Myungsoo, that poor boy, his ice cream. The tall male pays Woohyun a tip of five hundred dollars, and bows at least twenty times in apology, whereas his older brother happily enjoys his hard-earned ice cream.

"C'mon, Myung," Sunggyu sighs. "We gotta get back."

The younger stumbles over the word 'yes' and takes quick [not really] steps beside his brother, demanding a reasonable excuse for randomly kissing an unsuspecting employee because it's ual harassment. Sunggyu shrugs and says something back, shoving the door open, the door jingling once more.

[Woohyun can't hear what the caramel head says because he speaks too silently.]

Woohyun watches as they walk out the door, two fingers on his lips because he can still feel Sunggyu's lips there. He watches as they walk across the road and disappear into the 2Kim building. He watches Sunggyu's disappearing back, a flush covering his face as he remembers the kiss.

Maybe Woohyun's type is a caramel-haired, fair-skinned, lean, teeny eyed, dominant, shameless, miserly guy in a suit after all.


Hmm.. I quite liked this. I mean, it's got to be one of my best pieces. 83 I wasn't sure how to end it though. orz Sunggyu was actually meant to say 'He's cute', and Woohyun's meant to hear it, but I decided not to. Don't ask why. orz
Hope you enjoyed reading it, and thank you for taking your time! >D< HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY. <3

ps, not proofread, so tell me if i made any mistakes? xD

​im thinking of making this chaptered [with a different plot, but it'll begin something like this], but idk. might not have time. with other fics and all. o3o

ANYWAY AGAIN, KAMSA-VERY-HAMNIDA FOR READING >3<