Love They Say

Love They Say

>>AUTHOR'S NOTE<<

I hope you have a wonderful day :D

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!! (7^~^7)

 

 

“…LOVE has many lines, you love your family, your pets, your friends, your elementary teacher, you love a color, you love certain type of music, you love someone, you love yourself and each and every one of those kinds of love, are different, and you know, you can’t put in words how they are different or how you know is love, but at the end of the day you know.

Is love and is wonderful.”

---- LOVE: One word, four letters, thousands meanings By: Ela [Fragment]

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

I closed the door of my apartment after I got inside, I put my keys on a bowl in the ledge near the door, I took my grocery bag to the small kitchen while taking my sneakers midway.

I start taking the things I bought, carefully putting them on the counter, chocolate, marshmallows, apples, flour, candies, wood sticks, cellophane bags, red ribbon and blank cards.

I left there while going to my room to change in something more comfortable. I put on my shorts and a loose t-shirt, I walked to the kitchen again to start one of my annual favorite activities.

Valentine’s Day gifts

It was something that just warmed my heart, I never had receive something on this day until I was like 17 years old and it was a candy shape like a heart that a nice stranger gave me, she end up being one of my best friends. It made me smile the entire day, and then I got it, I’ve been expecting a romantic gift that day but that mere sincere act of just giving a candy to a stranger made me happy.

After that day I decide I would do the same every year, I would prepare a present for my friends and I would also made something extra for random people I’d met at school in the February 14th.

“Okay, let’s do this” I clapped my hands looking at all my materials ready

I would help to spread the love and happiness that all people deserve on Valentine’s Day.

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

“Is everything ready?”

“Yes, we do everything”

“Thank you…it means a lot to me”

“We know…it’s what friends are for”

“Still, thanks”

“Okay then, everything is settle…now is your part, good luck”

“Thanks…I hope she likes it”

“I have a good feeling she will, bye”

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

“Happy Valentine’s Day” I wave my hand at the girl I just gave a small bag of candies

I just had 5 gifts left, I had cover pretty much everyone, the only person that I was missing was the one I was the most anxious to see, sadly I couldn’t find her anywhere, not even our friends know where she was.

“Hey” I stopped on my tracks when I heard a familiar voice

“Hi Soo, I hope you’re not here to try to convince me to give you more candies, I made your bag special with enough candies and cookies for a food lover like you” I laughed at her embarrassed face

“It just happen once and you haven’t forgot about it… but that’s not why I’m here…this is for you” She gave me a small envelope

“But I thought you have already gave me my present” I frown at her

“Oh I did…this is from someone else…just open it and do what it says…Happy Valentine’s Day”

I watch her turned around and leave, I turn to see the envelope again, I tear apart a side and look inside of it, I pout when I found a small Polaroid picture and a small piece of paper.

“Where we met” I read the paper and then turn to see the Polaroid

It was a bench near the school, a bench me and my friends would pick every time we went to that park.

Still pouting I start walking to the park.

It didn’t take me so long to get there, and while walking to the bench I saw an older man looking to his empty hands with a big frown. Something inside me made me stop to search for one of my gifts.

I walked towards him and poke his arm.

“Hmm”

“Excuse me…I know this could be weird but you seem a bit sad, no one should be sad at Valentine’s Day, here” I put the bag on his hands and smile at him

“T-thanks…really” He seemed so relief and that made me happy

“You’re welcome”

I continue my way to the bench when I heard someone giggling, I turned and saw the same guy I gave the bag now putting the bag on the hand of a woman who was giggling and blushing.

I smiled and turned around, just when I was about to reach the bench I felt someone tapping my shoulder; I turned and saw no one.

“What the-“

“Hey”

I turned around again and I saw my friend Yuri holding her laugh, she was a prankster and I was one of her favorite targets.

“Hi Yuri, what are you doing here?”

“Oh I was just passing by…this is for you” She gave me another envelope

“What are you doing? I thought we have an agreement, Valentine’s Day is free of pranks” I slapped her arm

“I’m not playing you a prank, I’m just the messenger…okay, gotta go” She patted my head

She was about to run away when I stopped her.

“Happy Valentine’s Day” I throw her a bag

“You too” I smiled at how fast she disappear

I sigh while sitting on the bench and opening the envelope, I find another Polaroid picture but this time there was a small candy and a bigger piece of paper on it.

“The place when you saw me cry for the first time and what you say to me” I hold my breath when I saw the picture

I stood up and felt dizzy, I knew who was doing this and in a way it seemed weird why she was doing it but at the same time my curiosity made me start moving to the next place.

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

“Okay, how I’m supposed to recognize this girl?”

“It’s her”

“I see, okay and she have to say this to me right”

“Yeah”

“What happens if she doesn’t say it like this kid?”

“Don’t worry, she will”

“Okay, good luck”

“Thanks”

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

I grabbed air before grabbing the handle of the door, I pushed it so I could get inside, I saw a lot of couples on the tables talking, hugging and kissing each other, I slowly walked to the tables, trying to find her when I heard someone calling me.

“Hey…Hey…HEY, THE GIRL WITH THE ENVELOPE” I turned and saw the manager of the store waving at me

“Me?” I mouthed at him

“YEAH YOU…COME HERE”

I made my way to the counter and smile at the smiling guy, he leaned on the counter and while pushing his specs he whispered at me.

“I think you’re supposed to say something to me”

 I frown at him, I didn’t know him and he seemed to be expecting for me and for something I apparently have to say to him, I was about to ask him who he was when I remember the paper in the envelope.

“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened” I whisper to him

“Wow, you did say it…here” He gave me bag and another envelope

“Thanks…how do you know what I was supposed to say?” I frown at him

“Oh she wrote it down for me, she planned everything…now go, good luck” He tap the counter and then turn to grab some stuff

“Thanks…Happy Valentine’s Day” I smiled at him and leave a bag of candies on the counter

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

“You remember the plan?”

“We do”

“Are you sure?”

“We’re young not stupid”

“Don’t say that word”

“Why not?”

“It’s a bad word”

“Is just a word”

“Kids, focus please”

“We know what to do and what to say”

“We will do it right”

“Thank you…here is what I promise you”

“Whoa…this is the double of what you promise us”

“Well, more to share right, also I think your sister deserves something for taking care of you”

“True”

“Thanks, we won’t let you down”

“Now, I have to go, be careful and don’t eat it all, I don’t want you to get sick”

“We won’t…good luck”

“GOOD LUCK”

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

I could feel my heart beating faster than what it had ever beat, it was like in any moment it would ripped my chest open and just run away beating like crazy. I smiled to the old lady sitting next to me on the bus, she smiled me back and continue looking to the window.

She was holding a bouquet of roses.

I looked at the new envelope again, I took the picture and smile when I saw the set of swings near my house, this time I found a chocolate bar on the envelope and an even bigger piece of paper on it.

“Our favorite place in the world and your favorite song of the moment” I read it softly while smiling widely

I looked to the window and notice it was almost my stop, I stood up and got off the bus, I walked to the small park in front of the complex I live, I felt so nervous thinking I would finally found her but the thought disappear when I saw a pair of kids on the swings, I walked closer to see their faces and as I walk closer I heard them singing, I knew that voices.

“Wise men say only fools rush in but I can’t help falling in love with you”

“Shall I stay, would it be a sin if I can’t help falling in love with you”

I stood in front of the swing and watch them sing and giggle at my confused face, I couldn’t hold anymore and I end up smiling at them.

“Like a river flows surely to the sea, darling so it goes, some things are meant to be”

“Take my hand, take my whole like too, for I can’t help falling in love with you”

I saw my two younger cousins enjoying the swings and I just felt how the warm inside me spread even more, I couldn’t even recall if I had ever feel this happy. They finished and then got off the swings and run towards me, I hug them tightly while they just continued giggling and laughing.

“What are you two doing here?” I patted both heads

“We’re here to give you this” Yoona pushed an envelope to my face

“But…does auntie know you guys are here?” I start feeling worry

“Of course she knows, she went shopping with your mom and is not like we’re by ourselves, Hyo is over there” Seohyun point me towards the street.

I smiled at my other cousin sitting on the side walk with her earphones on, she was bobbing her head up and down, she saw me and smirk at me, she then just continue bobbing her head.

“Why is she doing this?” I sighed feeling extremely conscious of how much work she had done

“Because you’re worth it” Yoona’s words made me blush

“Wh-what?”

“Because you are worth it” Seohyun repeat it

“And because you deserve it…now go” Yoona pushed me playfully

I smiled to them while making my way to my other cousin, I throw her a bag of candies and she just smiled at me.

“Take care of them please”

“Sure”

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Do you think she will be here soon?”

“I hope so”

 “So, I wait for her to finish then I’m supposed to give her this and then she will find both of you, with me following her behind of course, and then I need to turn the lights on right?”

“Yeah, wait for my sign and after you turn the lights remember to turn the slide projector”

“Okay”

“I will start to practice the chords to warm my fingers”

“Okay, I’ll check that the slides are in order”

“You have check them for at least 20 times”

“I know…I just need that everything is perfect”

“Even if is not perfect, she will love it”

“I know…but she deserves more, so much more”

“We know…well, I’m going to the café now”

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

I decide I couldn’t wait to another bus so I took a cab, I couldn’t hide the wide smile on my face anymore, I felt so special and the warm feeling was spreading even more.

I look at the Polaroid picture now in my hands along the coupon for a slice of cake and coffee in a café I considered my favorite.

This time the picture was of my usual table at the café and had a message on the front, wrote it with permanent maker.

“Treat yourself right”

I stopped at the door of the small café, I have come to this place many times before, it was like a nice place to escape from the world for a moment, one my dearest friends work here and it also made it easier to me to have her as an anchor, to not get lost in my own escapade.

I push the door and heard the familiar “ding-dong” from the bell above the door, it always announced someone entering and someone leaving, I always found it a nice detail but now it just made me more conscious of all the people sitting on the café. Some of them turn around, maybe waiting for someone or just maybe they were curious.

I made my way to the table and sit there, I was just putting my stuff over the table when I saw a shadow on the table, I looked up and say my friend standing there with a wide smile.

“Hi Jessie” I smiled at her

“Hi there, so are you ready to order?” She took out her small pad

“I…I have this” I frowned a little while noticing she wasn’t wearing the uniform

“Okay, I guess it would be an amaretto cappuccino and a slice of red velvet cake right” She was smiling and eyeing with some curiosity

“Y-yeah…eh Jessie, you’re not really on your shift do you?” I pout at her

“Nop, I worked the past two holidays…but let’s say someone ask me a favor and I couldn’t say no” She wink at me and left

I was sure that I was blushing madly now, I took all the Polaroid pictures and pieces of paper and put them on the table, I rearrange them as how I receive them, I was so immerse on the pictures I didn’t notice my order was already here.

“Hey…you need to eat this so I can give you something”

“Oh, sorry” I move the pictures and papers aside so she could put the cup and the place in the table

She just laughed at me and looked at the pictures.

“Why do I need to eat this alone?” I ask her before she left

“Didn’t you read the picture?” She slapped my forehead

“JESSIE” I frown at her

“You’re so slow sometimes…anyway, treat yourself right, after you finished I’ll give you something and before I go, you better take your time to eat, no cheating” She left while humming a song

I try to call her one more time but again she didn’t pick up, I sigh but a smile appear again on my face, I pushed everything to the back of my hand and start enjoying my cappuccino and cake.

After I finished my piece of cake Jessie came back with a big envelope on her hands, she put it over the table and took my cup and plate away.

I open it quickly, I gasp when I saw a letter size picture of a backyard with what it seem candles and lights leading to a fort made with pillows and blankets.

I search for a piece of paper but I found a heart shaped card instead.

“No matter what happens, no matter how much it takes, no matter who had passed by before me, no matter where you are…” I read the front and then open it

“I will always be there for you, I will always make you smile, I will always show you how amazing you are, I will always be by your side…HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY” I had to chuckle at the card

It was so pretty and cute that I couldn’t but blush at the mere thought of how much she had done in this day for me.

I took my stuff and made my way to the door, I was more than ready to meet her already when Jessie stopped me.

“Didn’t you read the back of the picture?”

“Uh?” I search for the picture and then turn it to see what Jessie was talking about

“Jessie” I read softly

“Come on love bird” Before I could say something she pulled me

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

“Jessie called me, they are on their way”

“Okay”

“Are you nervous?”

“Y-yeah but no matter what she says I’ll be fine”

“You need to have more faith in yourself…I’m pretty sure she is going to say yes”

“I hope so”

“Okay, come on, by how Jessie drives they’ll be here in less than 10 minutes…come on”

“Yeah…let’s go”

 

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

 

“Here we are”

“Thanks Jessie”

“You’re welcome…now chop chop, someone is waiting for you”

“Happy Valentine’s Day Jessie” I gave her a bag before opening the door

“Happy Valentine’s Day sweetie”

I step out of the car and made my way to the door of the house, I was about to knock when I saw a post it on the door.

“Follow the light”

I turned to my sides and saw some candles leading me to the side of the house, I walk towards them, following fist 2 or 3 candles, then I was surround by candles, the backyard look just like in the picture, only that they were only candles no lights, I keep walking in the path of candles until I reach a small bean couch on the center of the path.

“Sit, please” I chuckle at the post it on it

I sit and turned around waiting for her, it passed like 5 minutes before anything happened, I gasp when I heard like a switch and then a bunch of lights turn on making all around get bath in light, and the most important, I finally notice someone standing near the lights, she was holding a ukulele.

“S-Sunny?”

She just smile at me and start playing the ukulele, I was now really confused, I was expecting someone else and seeing Sunny was really hearth breaking, I was about to stand up and tell her I couldn’t do this I heard a soft voice behind me.

“If you could sit looking to the wall please”

I freeze when I heard her voice but nonetheless I end up sitting facing the wall of her house, but it wasn’t a wall anymore, it had a big black fabric on it, I turned to see Sunny playing the ukulele and then I notice Sunny walking to stand in front of the fabric, I turned to see her, she nod to someone behind me and then a flood of pictures of our friends and us, pictures of me and my family, pictures of me on vacation, start to be projected on the fabric.

“Well…before anything I think you already figure it out why I’m doing this…I like you more than just a friend and I…well, what could be the best moment to confess than in one of your favorite holidays right…I…I prepared a song for you...I hope you like it” She nod at Sunny

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9T8dcHy9eo: Daniela Andrade “A Day With You”)

“1, 2, 3” Sunny tapped over the ukulele and then start playing it while moving to the sides.

Baby, could you tell me if we
could be something extraordinary
on February
the 14th
‘Cause there's people around
giving hearts away with letters
twining lips together

 

I forget how to breathe when her voice filled my ears, the pictures disappear they were replaced by small videos of our friends and some of my cousins holding signs with songs names and quotes about love.

Maybe we could take a ride
Maybe we'd find some place nice
Baby don't make me ask twice
But would it be alright
If you picked me up at two
If I could spend a day with you
Maybe we could fix our blues
By doing what lovers do

 

I bit my lip as I watch the videos stopped and then pictures of me and her start to appear followed by pictures of her and then mine, there were some pictures of me sitting at the café, some of her taken lying on the grass.

Baby, could you tell me if we
could be something extraordinary
on February
the 14th
‘Cause there's people around
giving hearts away with letters
twining lips together

She start to move forwards towards me, while singing, I lost myself on her eyes and I felt like she had lost in mine

Maybe we could wine & dine
By a cozy fireside
Baby don’t make me ask twice
But would it be alright
If we sat under the sky
Talked about what we would like
Maybe you could fix my blues
By doing what you do

 

She soon was in front of me, I then notice she had a pink rose on her hand, Yuri appeared out of nowhere and put another bean couch, she sit on it and slowly leaned forward and grabbed my hand.

“I-“

She shook her head at me and I smile at her small glare, she wanted to finish her song, she then will let me talk and for the first time I realized I didn’t mind not talking as long as she was the one doing it.

In this case, she was singing.

I notice someone moving behind us but I was so lost in her that I couldn’t care less who it was, I dare myself to rub my thumb on her hand, I smiled when I felt the warm wrapping my hand.

Baby, it’s a fact don’t you see?
we'd be something extraordinary
on February
the 14th
join the people around
giving hearts away with letters
twining lips together

 

The song stop and just when I was about to open my mouth she put a finger on my lips.

“I’m really nervous and I need to do as schedule or I will blow it up” I nod at her nervous smile

“You always put other people first, you always think about everyone, even random strangers on the street, you never ask for anything, so I thought that it was time that you get something more on Valentine’s Day…so…first, look at that” she moved while pointing behind her

My eyes got wide open when I saw Sunny, Yuri, Soo, my cousins and Jessie, holding white boards.

“Happy Valentine’s Day Tae, will you be mine? <3” I read out loud feeling dizzy

I look at her, she was biting her lip while looking at me, she seemed so nervous but I couldn’t understand why, I stick my hand inside my backpack and took the last bag I had.

“So…” She trailed off when she saw the bag

“Sunny…Happy Valentine’s Day” I throw her the bag and she barely catch it

I had to chuckle at the deflated look she had on her face now, my chuckle make her look up.

“No one have ever done anything like this for me…you didn’t have to, you could have gave me the card you bought me and it would be wonderful” I grabbed her hand again

“But you-“ I glare at her playfully

“I feel like my gift now is a bit shabby…but I do believe that the intention is what it counts…Happy Valentine’s Day Fany”

I took out a small wood box from my backpack and put it on her hands.

She open it and her eyes sparkle while holding one of the Totoro shaped cookies I’ve made for her. Her eyes got even wider when she saw the small post it on the top of the box.

“Happy Valentine’s Day…will you be mine?” She read it out loud too

We both look at each other, I chuckle at her pink cheeks and she start to chuckle too.

“So…I guess that means you are official now?” Yuri was looking confuse at us

“You spoiled the moment Yuri” Jessie slapped her arm

“Shh both of you” Hyo rolled her eyes at them

“Hyo” Seohyun frown at her older sister

“Everything was too perfect, this kids had to scre-“ Soo start to talk

“Soo” Sunny stood on her tiptoes and put a hand over Soo’s mouth

“Hahahaha” Yoona start laughing.

I shut down everything around us, and taking a deep breath I leaned forward, resting my forehead in hers.

“I will be yours if you’re mine” I whisper to her

“Oh Taeyeon, I had always been yours” She start to giggle

“Good because I had always been yours Tiffany” I let her pulled me closer to her

Our lips touched and I couldn’t be happier, I kissed her back and we both laugh when we heard loud whistles and screams.

Happy Valentine’s Day to me