[final]

I've Got You

“So Luhan, has Sehun made any plans for you two on Valentines’ Day?” asks Baekhyun, casually making conversation as he sets the table for dinner at the Park/Byun/Oh household after inviting their son’s boyfriend over. Luhan, who is sitting on the couch beside Sehun, blushes at the mention of the romantic day, pulling the pillow on his lap up to cover his face.

 

“I’m not sure…” he mumbles, peeking through his lashes at his boyfriend beside him. “He hasn’t mentioned anything…”

 

“Dad! What if I wanted to make it a surprise? You would have ruined everything!” Sehun huffs at his smaller dad, who just glared back and stuck out his tongue childishly.

 

"Knowing you, son, you’re just like your giraffe of a dad over there.” Baekhyun points at a snoring Chanyeol, sprawled on the floor. “Not just in height, but brains too. You would have forgotten it and would have had to deal with a broken-hearted Lulu." Baekhyun walks over to an unsuspecting Chanyeol, sending a swift kick to his ribs. “Wake up, dinner’s ready.”

 

Now, any other guest would have been worried with such treatment, but Luhan was almost part of the family already (all he needed was a sparkly ring on his ring finger and it would be settled to be quite honest) so he had seen it all, every little quirk that goes on inside the household. Instead, Baekhyun’s words were still ringing in his head, and he had a sudden anticipation brewing in his stomach as he thought of spending a whole day with Sehun for Valentines’.

 

“Your mother’s right.” Chanyeol had finally awoken, stretching out his lanky limbs. ‘Mother? Do I have s? I think not!’ screeches Baekhyun, but Chanyeol continues. “Even if I tell myself to remember the day, and prepare loads beforehand, I always forget on the day.” Sehun rolls his eyes, getting up and offering his hand to Luhan, who takes it gratefully. They make their way to the dinner table, sitting side-by-side with Sehun’s parents directly in front of them.

 

They eat dinner in silence, only the occasionally clanking of cutlery being heard. Until Baekhyun starts speaking again that is.

 

“So how about it, Luhan?”

 

“Huh? Sorry?” splutters Luhan, almost choking on his drink. Sehun lightly thumps him on the back, then rubs a soothing circle.

 

“Dad! You almost made Luhan choke,” rebukes Sehun, glaring at Baekhyun.

 

“No, it’s okay, I was just caught off guard.” Luhan laughs it off. “Sorry, what were you saying?”

 

“Chanyeol and I have prepared a special gift for the both of you,” explains Baekhyun, “Honey, hand over the envelope to Luhan please.” Luhan gingerly accepts the light pink envelope stamped with an obnoxiously large heart, about to open it. “Ah, wait! Open it on the day, it’s a surprise event for couples at EXO Theme Park.”

 

“Wow…” Luhan looks at Baekhyun and Chanyeol with wide eyes. “I-- I can’t accept this, like I’m grateful but--”

 

“Nonsense.” Chanyeol waves him off, picking up his fork and knife once more. “Let us treat you guys this once.”

 

“Thank you,” says Luhan, turning to face Sehun, who hadn’t said anything since the start of dinner. Luhan couldn’t tell if Sehun looked happy or not, even when the younger looked up at him.

 

“Luhan likes theme parks, so I guess I’ll go with it,” he finally announces, smiling fondly at the older, who now has a blush dusting his cheeks.

 

“You’re just grateful you won’t have to pay for tickets,” Baekhyun cuts in, putting more vegetables on Sehun’s plate. Luhan wants to giggle at the frown on Sehun’s face (the boy never did like his vegetables).

 

For all his grumblings, Luhan knew that Sehun was just as excited as he was for the day. He couldn’t wait to spend a whole day with Sehun, doing all sorts of couple things at the theme park. He can already imagine it, it’ll be the typical theme park date, but it wouldn’t be boring, nope. Because he’d be with Sehun, and that was all that mattered.

 

 

Sehun had picked up Luhan earlier, choosing to walk to the theme park (which was only half an hour away) in the fresh morning air, appreciating the time he could spend swinging their arms together, brushing shoulders more often than not. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had waved them off from the porch, wishing them the best of luck.

 

Since it was spring, cherry blossoms were everywhere, enveloping the couple in a light pink layer of petals. Sehun would usually be disgruntled by the… clicheness of it all, but the way Luhan would slightly reach for petals drifting down with his outstretched fingertips, catching them in his open palms, simply captivated him. And when Luhan would giggle, turning to him with a radiant smile to show him what he had caught, Sehun swears the world just stops and all that matters is Luhan. He wants to kiss Luhan, kiss him until his lips are as pink as the cherry blossoms. And he does, without hesitation. Multiple times. It gives him great satisfaction seeing not only Luhan’s rosy lips, but his matching cheeks, and even the tips of his ears.

 

When they reach EXO Theme Park, it was clear that the venue was specially decorated for couples; red, pink, white balloons wrapped themselves around the welcoming arch above their heads, more of them floating at regular intervals, tied to lampposts with satin-like ribbon. A soft rendition of ‘Banmal Song’ by Yonghwa and Seohyun plays in the background, accompanied by the happy laughters of couples.

 

“Woah,” Luhan exclaims in awe, his grip on Sehun’s hand tightening.

 

“Ready to have fun?” Sehun asks with a grin. Luhan replies with an excited nod, pulling the taller towards the souvenir shop to the side of the entrance.

 

“We can’t start until we buy something silly to wear,” says Luhan, already browsing through the collection of frilly (and embarrassing) headbands at the front of the shop. Sehun wants to groan, but he knows better than to spoil his little boyfriend’s fun. He follows like a lost puppy, only intervening when Luhan picks out something a little too embarrassing. In the end, they settled for matching headbands suggested by Sehun.

 

“Mickey and Minnie?” Luhan quirks up an eyebrow, but picks them up nonetheless, looking at the headbands strangely.

 

“Yup.” To be honest, Sehun just chose the first thing that he saw, but clearly that reason would not work on Luhan. “It’s because Mickey and Minnie are like the cutest Disney couple, and have been together for ages. That is, and will be, us.” He meant every word he said, but truthfully, it was also to convince Luhan to buy the headbands and get the shopping over and done with.

 

“I’m not Minnie,” huffs Luhan, handing Sehun the headband with a large pink ribbon on it. And it wasn’t just pink. It was all sparkly and glittery, catching the sunlight and blinding anyone who looked at it.

 

“But I’m a guy.” Sehun can already see the pout forming on Luhan’s lips, and oh no, maybe he had should have just gone with those overly large sunglasses that he thought was too embarrassing. Because right now, it looked like he was about to be dressed in something worse.

 

“I’m not a girl!” cries Luhan indignantly, putting the Mickey headband on his hair, making his way to cashier.

 

“But you like pink more than me?” tries Sehun, but he knows he’s lost this one.

 

“I’m still not a girl!” And that is how, a smirking Luhan ends up tugging along a reluctant and shy Sehun out of the shop.

 

“Aww, come on. Don’t be like this. You’re the one who suggested the hairbands,” coos Luhan, a slightly sadistic smile on his supposedly innocent face. Yeah, innocent my . He just grumbles incoherently, so Luhan speaks on, the excitement bubbling in his voice. “We still have until noon when we have to open the envelope from your parents, so let’s go have fun, Sehunnie,” he sings, and manages to coax a small smile from the younger. “That’s more like it.”

 

They started off small, going to the carousel going round and round at the centre of the plaza. Like any other carousel around, it was lavishly decorated, sparkling under the morning sun. Instead of the usual horses for seats, they were replaced by unicorns, all stamped with small hearts all over, ‘Happy Valentines’ in cursive writing on the rotating platform floor. They got on, choosing to share one like the rest of the couples.

 

Luhan got up first, with the help of Sehun, who boosted him up by holding him by the waist and lifting his petite frame onto the white unicorn. Sehun easily lifted himself up behind Luhan, instantly looping his arms around Luhan’s delicate waist, nuzzling his head in the crook of Luhan’s neck.

 

“That tickles,” giggles Luhan, but he makes no move to shake Sehun off. When Sehun begins placing butterfly kisses on his nape, Luhan’s giggling escalates into bubbly laughter, tilting his head away. “People are watching.” Despite his (weak) protest, Sehun knew that his boyfriend liked the attention, not pausing in his ministrations until the ride began a few moments later.

 

As the carousel spun round at its leisurely pace, Luhan leaned back onto Sehun’s broad chest, turning his face to look up at his boyfriend with an expression of pure bliss. Seeing the expression, Sehun leans down to press a kiss onto Luhan’s puckered lips, smirking when he pulls away.

 

“Awed by your Prince Charming?” he teases, loving the way that Luhan pouts but his cheeks are flushed.

 

“I’m not the one with the Minnie headband on his head,” retorts Luhan, expressions switching with Sehun’s at his small victory. “Sehunnie, how does it feel being the princess?” The younger just silences him with a kiss instead of a proper answer, but he’ll take it. The amount of kissing he’s been getting is putting him in a great mood.

 

Next on the agenda was the aptly named ‘Tunnel of Love’. On any other day, the attraction had all the couples flocking to it, but today was especially busy. They were stuck in the long line, but were prevented from being squished because anytime anyone would get remotely close to Luhan, Sehun would send them a piercing glare telling them to back off. He hadn’t moved from his position, possessively backhugging Luhan, his arms looped around Luhan’s abdomen. Luhan didn’t mind the closeness, letting his own hands rest on Sehun’s arms, twining their fingers together.

 

They continued to inch forward at a snail’s pace, not really talking but not minding the silence. Occasionally, Sehun would start messing around due to the boredom, teasing Luhan with breathy whispers just beside the lobe of his ears, tongue darting out. Every time, Luhan would jump and squeal, shrinking back down with embarrassment when the other couples would glance at him. After a few times of that happening, he sighed a breath of relief when they were finally ushered onto one of the boats, floating into the darkness that enveloped the tunnel.

 

Luhan leaned his head onto Sehun’s shoulder, getting comfortable. The darkness of the tunnel made him sort of sleepy, but the colourful neon lights kept him awake as they danced across the walls to make a beautiful rainbow display. He was all for enjoying the show, but it seemed that Sehun had other ideas.

 

His hands sneaked beneath the hem of Luhan’s shirt, and the older gasps.

 

“Sehun,” he hisses, “what are you doing?” But there’s no response, the fingers just trail up his abdomen, drawing lazy circles around the muscle. Luhan looks up to see Sehun’s face, but it’s as expressionless as ever, although he detects a hidden smirk behind the facade. Okay, two can play at that game. Since his head was already on Sehun’s shoulder, Luhan just turns slightly so that his lips were brushing against the skin of Sehun’s nape. He starts softly, loving it when Sehun’s nimble fingers freeze, tensing on his stomach. Luhan a little more harshly, eliciting a quiet moan from the younger. His own fingers move up to clutch at Sehun’s hair, pulling his face down for a searing kiss in the darkness, easily finding each other’s lips despite the conditions.

 

Sadly, the ride doesn’t last all that long (even though the waiting line certainly did) and a light cough interrupts their makeout session. They open their eyes to a sudden brightness, finding themselves back at the start of the ride. They chuckle awkwardly, disentangling themselves from each other and bow ninety degrees to the attendant, who was busy coughing discreetly at the next couple who had exited the tunnel.

 

Luhan was about to scold Sehun for putting them in that situation, but he was secretly pleased with all the intimacy between them. Sure, they were normally like this, but doing it on Valentines’ Day made him feel happier than usual.

 

“Luhan, it’s noon.” Sehun nudges the shorter, pulling him towards a nearby bench. He takes out the now crumpled envelope from his jean pocket (Luhan glares at him as he tries to smooth out the creases) and waits for the other to open their gift from his parents.

 

“I- I can’t do it!” cries Luhan dramatically, ing the envelope back into Sehun’s hand. “You open it first, it’s from your parents.” Sehun shrugs, tearing open the top of the envelope with no mercy. He pulls out a card with Baekhyun’s cursive handwriting looping across it, along with two tickets. As he reads Baekhyun’s note, his eyes widen, glancing towards Luhan in worry.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Lu, I’m so sorry, they didn’t know, we don’t have to go--” he blabbers, trying to stuff the envelope, and its contents, back into his pocket. But Luhan was too quick, snatching it back from him before he could.

 

“At least let me read it before you start spouting nonsense…” he begins, but trails off as his eyes skim over the words on the card, frantically checking the tickets to see if it was true.

 

Happy Valentines’ Day to my lovely children!~

I know you guys are probably the closest couple (aside from me and my husband) but it wouldn’t harm to do some couple activities, especially ones that bring you closer together. That’s why, I bought this couple package, specially for Valentines’ Day, that allows you to do couple bungee jumping, followed by a romantic dinner on a ferris wheel (it’s one of those really slow ones). I hope you enjoy our gift ♡

Love,

Your parents

 

And alas, it was true.

 

“I--” Luhan didn’t know what to say. He knew that he was afraid of heights, very afraid. But he didn’t feel good wasting those tickets, especially when Sehun’s parents bought it with the sole intention of bringing him and Sehun closer. “Let-- Let’s go to the b-- bungee jumping place,” he stutters.

 

“But Luhan--”

 

“I’m not going to waste these tickets,” he says determinedly, but the smile on his face is forced, his grip on Sehun’s hand tightening out of nervousness. Sehun stays silent, choosing to squeeze Luhan’s hand reassuringly, pulling him in for an impromptu hug.

 

“I’ve got you,” he whispers into Luhan’s hair, kissing the top of his head gently.

 

 

The ride up to the top of the tower where the couple bungee was happening was silent, Luhan biting onto his bottom lip as he tried to ignore their increasing distance from the ground. Sehun, seeing his discomfort, pulled on Luhan’s arm until the smaller was fully enveloped in his arms, face nuzzled against his chest. He says nothing, and neither does Luhan, but from the way Luhan’s small hands bunches the cloth of shirt by Sehun’s ribs, the younger knows that he’s grateful for the gesture.

 

Too soon, (although Luhan had contrasting opinions on the matter; on one hand, the ride lasted an eternity, taking him far too high but on the other, it was too soon as he was one step closer to the edge of that ledge) they reached the top, noticing that the number of couples weren’t as many compared to the other attractions. Luhan felt his knees going weak as the cool breeze of higher altitudes played with his hair. He almost balked, if it weren’t for Sehun’s strong arms around him.

 

They had been briefed on the safety features and put on their harnesses on the ground floor, so now it was all a matter of waiting for the few couples (exactly two) to jump, and then they too would be strapped in. Luhan wanted to pace around, to try and get rid of his nervousness, but the reminder that they weren’t on the ground anymore stilled him. Sehun started worrying when all he saw was a frozen Luhan, teeth threatening to pierce those lips that he had bruised from kissing so often, eyes constantly blinking as they darted between Sehun and the platform.

 

Sehun is about to open his mouth, to try and convince Luhan that it was okay. That he didn’t have to do this. But he knew it’d be useless; Luhan was determined to see this through till the end, and any attempt on his part to convince the older otherwise would only result in an even more nervous Luhan. So he did the only thing he could.

 

Taking Luhan’s smaller hands into his larger ones, Sehun kept whispering ‘I’ve got you’, the phrase becoming a mantra to the now shaking Luhan, from either the cold or the nervousness, he himself didn’t know. The only thing going through his mind was Sehun, Sehun’s voice.

 

“I’ve got you.”

 

After two earsplitting screams that shocked Luhan to the core, the instructor motioned for the couple to move up to the platform. Sehun started to make his way over, but a small tug on his sleeve made him look back at Luhan, who was still rooted to the spot.

 

“I’m scared,” he finally admits in a soft whisper, although there was a hint of a tremble that could still be heard. His gaze is stuck onto his shoes, refusing to look anywhere else, since the only things around was a reminder of their height.

 

“I know you are, baby.” However, Sehun continues to guide Luhan to the platform, using his strength to pull him along. The shorter looks up at him with wide eyes, fear evident his irises.

 

“Se-”

 

“But you know what else? I’ve got you, all the way, for eternity. No matter how scared you are, reach out for me and I’ll be right here.” Sehun points at Luhan’s chest, right where his heart would be. The instructor has started strapping the couple in, soft clicks like the sound of a clock ticking down to the final moment.

 

“You’re all set to jump,” says the instructor, stepping back slightly to give them space. Luhan looks up at Sehun, and then back down at the platform, even daring to peek over the edge. But that didn’t seem to help, his face paling even more as he broke out in a cold sweat. Sehun wrapped his arms around Luhan, inching them closer and closer to the edge, all while Luhan kept his eyes on Sehun’s chest.

 

Once they reached the edge, Luhan’s nails scratched at Sehun’s back, pleading him to stop.

 

“Wait-- I don’t think I can--” Luhan is beginning to panic, and Sehun can see the franticness in his eyes. So he does the only thing he can think of. He kisses his boyfriend, waiting until said boyfriend starts responding.

 

“Don’t forget, I said I’ll be here for you. I’ll catch you whenever you fall, I’ll hold your hand whenever you’re afraid, and I’ll kiss away all the pain. I wish I could take all your fears, all you pain, and transfer all of it to me. But I can’t, so I promise you; I will be there with you every step of the way.” He takes in a deep breath after his confession, nudging Luhan’s face up to meet his gaze. His arms lift the smaller arm, taking him in his arms as if he was a child.

 

“Don’t let me go,” Luhan begs, the sound muffled since his face is nuzzled in the crook of Sehun’s neck, his breathing shallow. But there’s also a tone of acceptance, readiness.

 

“Never.” Sehun jumps, shouting “I love you, Luhan!” at the top of his lungs. Luhan, if he had the voice, would have responded, but the sudden flurry in his stomach silenced him, the whooshing sound of the wind around them paralyzing him. His eyes were squeezed shut, to the point that he saw bursts of white. I think I died…

 

But Sehun’s arms around him, Sehun’s scent heavy in his nose, kept him sane, kept him tethered to his one and only. Sehun’s voice in his ears, telling him that it was okay to open his eyes, that it was over, sent relief to his very core. Opening his eyes to Sehun’s handsome face was definitely a plus, and all the fear just melted away from him. And it helped that his feet were now on sturdy ground.

 

Sehun had been worried when Luhan still looked pale after the jump, silence enveloping them both. No sign of relief was visible to him. What if he’s going to break up with me for making him go through that? I don’t think I could live with myself if that happened…. But his fears were unnecessary, Luhan flashing him a weak smile, reaching out to interlace their fingers. They walked away from the tower with smiles on their faces, Luhan looking satisfied, although still shaking slightly. He suddenly stops, whirling around to give a bone-crushing hug to Sehun.

 

“I love you too,” he whispers into the other’s ears, placing a quick kiss on Sehun’s lips.

 

“I’m so proud of you,” replies Sehun, resting his forehead against Luhan’s. “You jumped, even though you’re afraid of heights.”

 

“I couldn’t let your parents’ gift go to waste,” he tries to push it off as nothing, but the grin on his face was evidence that he too was proud of himself for going through with it. “Just-- Don’t expect me to try it again anytime soon,” he adds half-jokingly. “Let’s get this dinner on the Ferris Wheel over and done with.”

 

 

That’s what Luhan had said, but he had failed to recall how large the Ferris Wheel actually was, the highest point being further up than the bungee jump was. And not to mention, each ride took an hour to allow the riders to appreciate the view whilst having a meal. Luhan wasn’t sure if he could survive an hour long ride off of the ground, much less appreciate the view. But Baekhyun had managed to book them a ticket that would mean that they would get to see the sunset at the very top, a view that was sure to be stunning.

 

The beginning of this part of the day was much less dramatic than the bungee jumping, Luhan hesitantly stepping onto the Ferris Wheel with Sehun’s hand securely in his. But the fear was still there, his pupils dilating as they started their ascent off of the ground. Initially, the couple had been sat across from each other, much like a normal dinner as they enjoyed the delicious food prepared. but by the fifteen-minute mark, Luhan was beginning to get antsy, the cold sweat from earlier returning.

 

And that is how he ended up on Sehun’s lap, being fed the last pieces of steak. And he wasn’t sat with his back against Sehun’s chest, no, that would mean that he would still see outside the windows. Instead, he was sat chest to chest with Sehun, legs straddling Sehun’s hips. This way, the only thing in his line of vision was Sehun’s face, and who wouldn’t want to stare at Sehun’s face for an extended amount of time?

 

Sure, Sehun had been surprised at first, when Luhan had plopped down onto his lap. He was a little freaked out, thinking that Luhan was going to go down on him to dispel his nervousness, but it turns out that Luhan just wanted to be fed. Sehun had fed him  with a spoon at first, but then a smirk spread on his face as he thought of something more enjoyable for them both.

 

“Say ahh,” he coos, and Luhan opens up as instructed. But instead of popping the steak into the waiting Luhan’s mouth, Sehun takes the meat in between his teeth, moving closer to Luhan. The older looks surprised, blush spreading like wildfire across his cheeks as he realized Sehun’s intentions.

 

Despite his shy expression, luhan surges forward, meeting Sehun’s lips for a brief moment before he pulls away, chewing the meat with a red face. The dinner continues in a similar manner, Sehun putting everything in his mouth and making Luhan work for it. Dessert was the best, the cold ice-cream would be on his tongue for only a while before Luhan’s tongue swipes it off, warm and more delicious than any food.

 

Luhan was so distracted by the food (read as making out with Sehun) that he hadn’t realized the sun was beginning to set, only turning around with a gasp as the skies lost their colour, orange hues bouncing from the glass windows.

 

“Look at that, what a beautiful sunset,” he breaths, momentarily forgetting the fact that they were at the highest point of the Ferris Wheel.

 

“Granted, it’s beautiful. But nothing will ever compare to the beauty in my arms,” whispers Sehun, turning Luhan’s face back to face him. “Especially when he’s kissing me, that beauty is the best in the world.”

 

The last thirty minutes of the ride was spent proving Sehun’s point, the view outside completely forgotten.

 

“I’m kind of glad it was dark for half the ride, that way I couldn’t see how far up we were,” admits Luhan when they step out, getting ready to go back home. “We have to go thank your parents soon, but maybe you can hint that I’m not too fond of heights just in case,” he adds with a light laugh.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m thinking of just spending next Valentines’ at home, with you snuggled up on my lap and just being all cuddly. I think that will always be my favourite thing to do with you,” says Sehun, and Luhan can feel his heart swelling at the mention of spending another Valentines’ with Sehun. It just shows that it’s not only him that’s thinking of the future, of spending more years with Sehun. And who knows? Maybe by next Valentines’, they won’t just be boyfriends.