The Nightmare

Joondoong Fanfic Preview

A cool chill touched the side of his face and all he could whisper out was a soft, subtle moan that seemed to echo through the atmosphere. Joon was alone, sitting peacefully on the white fence of the farm that separated what land was owned and what land was up for the taking... the land that harbored all the wild things... all the unknown things; things that he was freightened of. The grass did seem greener on the other side; the dewy grass that led into a darkened woody area that he had yet to explore. He didn't wish to explore it. Did he? 

 

Seven o' clock. Joon's bum remained planted on the edge of the fence and had numbed a half hour before but, he refused to let go of such a beautiful sunset; a sunset that he had ignored the previous days due to schoolwork. "It's time I get going," he whispered to himself, hopping off the fence and onto his familiar side. Only two steps into the grassy plains towards his towering home and it all vanished into thin air, as if it had all been pixelated. Immediately, Joon faced a dark abyss. Small droplets of sweat began to form on the border of his hairline and the palms of his hands began to moisten out of anxiety. "What's happenening," he voiced, his voice dimming until he could feel his vocal chords being cut off. Joon tried to call out for help but nothing would spill out. Where's my home... My mom... it was just there... I have to get out of here... Out of desperation, Joon turned around one hundred and eighty degrees towards the woods and hopped over the fence that was only tall enough to keep the rebellious cows in. His heart seemed to be pumping at paces faster than his legs and that didn't help de-cloud his mind. What was going on?! Had the end of the world started with him? 

Pit-pat, pit-pat, pit-pat. Those two sounds could have not rung through Joon's ear's with any more anticipation than they did with now. Not even the sound of his breathing rang through his ears, for he had become dumb out of no where! The petty sweat that had formed earlier now dripped alongside his sideburns and down his jawline. He only got closer and closer to the dark woods that seemed to be his only salvation since it was the only thing that maintained its composure. Joon hurried further and further to the start of the tall trees until a tall, slenderman-like figure caught his eyes. Fear shot up his spin and stopped him in his tracks. Joon remained paralyzed and prayed the be saved... prayed to escape from this nightmare... this nightmare... 

"Joon... Come... Come..." 

--------