Puppy Love

Puppy Love

“Hyung, hyung, where are you now?” Siwon’s voice blares from Yesung’s phone even though the lead vocal of Super Junior didn’t activate his speaker out loud.

“I’m at home, what’s up Wonnie?  You just come back from China, right?”  Yesung answers calmly, used to Siwon’s random over-excitements.

“Yes, I’m just arrived, hyung.  Can we meet now?  I have happy news for you!” the younger’s still really excited.

“You’re just arrived?  Aren’t you tired, why do you want to see me?” the older asks in wonder.

“Err…” Yesung can hear Siwon thinks over the phone.  “No, I’m not that tired.  And this is important.  I want you to meet my someone special.”

Tick tock.  The sounds of the clock just above his head.

 “Yo-your some… one special?” Yesung repeats like a stupid person.

“Yeah!  Okay then, I will go to your place now.  Wait for me, hyung!” with those words, the younger man hangs up on him.

“Wai…t Wonnie,” Yesung mutters when he realizes the muscular man had already closes the line.

With a soft sigh, the petite man puts his phone down the coffee table, and leans his back against the backrest of the sofa. 

What Siwon said just now really bothers him, and he can feel that cold sweats start to form inside his palms.  His face flusters in embarrassment when remembering that just for a moment, he felt like he’s so special that Siwon called him right after he’s coming back home from the new year’s schedule in China.  For a heartbeat’s moment he thought that Siwon acknowledges him as someone special, well, more than a usual friend or a hyung, because he wants to see him although he’s tired from the flight.

But it turned out that the younger man wants Yesung to meet his someone special, whoever that person is.  Yesung feels crashed.  Apparently Siwon could only be a crush, after all this time.

“Woff!” a high-pitched bark startles the singer, and just a second after, a white dog climbs up to his lap, staring at his face with her tongue out.  Melo is standing on Yesung’s thighs and happily swings her tail.

“Melo-ya!” Yesung smiles softly to his beautiful dog, and caresses her head.  Still breathing using with tongue out, the Pomeranian looks like she’s smiling to her owner cutely.  “Sit, you my cute baby,” Yesung coos, and the dog obediently folds her legs to sit properly there.

With Melo’s calm breaths on his stomach, Yesung’s thoughts again focused on the face of Super Junior.

The singer does nothing for another full ten minutes later, except caressing Melo’s back softly while the dog closes her eyes enjoying the treatment.  The rings of the doorbell totally stop his train of thoughts and the petite man goes to open the door, expecting Siwon and the special person on the door.

Melo walks cutely behind him, accompanying him to the door as if she’s expecting someone as well.

“Is your Kkoming eonnie sleeping, Melo-ya?  Why don’t you just play with her?” Yesung tries to distract her dog.  “Oppa has guests, you’d better go inside.”

“Woff woff!” Melo barks twice as if confirming that yes, her Kkoming eonnie is sleeping, and no, she won’t go inside because she wants to meet Oppa’s guests as well!

“Fine then, it’s Siwon anyway,” he mutters before grabs the door handle.

“Hyungie!” Siwon’s wide smile is the only thing Yesung sees as soon as the apartment’s door is opened.  “Happy new year!” the younger man then hugs him briefly, with a pat on the back.

“Happy new year to you too,” Yesung ushers him in, but in confusion finds that there’s no one else with Siwon.  “Siwon-ah, where’s your someone special?  Why are you alone?”

“Woff!” instead of Siwon, it’s Melo who barks as if answering his question.

Siwon makes himself comfortable on the living room’s sofa, sitting and relaxing on the backrest with his pelvis opened.  “Oh, don’t you see him already, Hyung?” he smiles casually.

Him?  Ignoring the pang on his heart, Yesung looks around the room to find that there’s no other person between them two in the room.

“There’s nobody here except us, Siwon-ah.  Where’s he?”

Yesung’s glance is back to the younger man on the sofa right when a white dog jumps into Siwon’s lap and sits on his thighs.  Thinking that it’s Melo, he keeps on looking around the room until he hears his guest’s chuckle.

“Hyung!  He’s here, can’t you see?”

“Woff!” Melo’s barking.

“Wuff!” then another bark.  More high-pitched.

Yesung sits on the sofa in front of Siwon, curiousity painted on his face. 

“Let me introduce you to Bugsy,” Siwon announces, lifting the white dog, who Yesung thought was his dog Melo instead. 

Yesung gasps seeing that it’s clearly not his Melo.  It’s another dog!

“Wha…what?” Yesung mumbles.  “It’s not Melo!” he shouts, impulsively pointing to the dog in Siwon’s arm, who looks back at him in a mild shock in his big eyes.

“Yes, he’s my Bugsy, Hyung.”

“Bugsy?” Yesung realizes that he’s scaring the dog and shyly puts his hand down.  “Oh, he’s a new puppy?”

Seeing Yesung looking at his dog curiously, the younger man drops the dog to stand on his own four feet on his lap.  “Yes, I just got him a few days ago.  Isn’t he the cutest?” Siwon coos at Bugsy’s ears, while the said dog is still eyeing Yesung with his big, round eyes.

“Oh, he’s the cutest puppy!” Yesung finally get it, smiling to the dog sweetly.

“Woff!” someone is not agreeing, and it’s Melo.  The female dog barks from Yesung’s side, disliking it when Yesung had mistaken that other dog as her, and even calls him the cutest puppy!  She is the cutest puppy!  Everyone has constantly says that about her ever since she’s born!

“Haha, I think Melo disagrees,” Yesung chuckles, lifting his own dog to his embrace.  “There, there my beautiful princess,” he coos to her ear.  “What kind of dog is he, Wonnie?  A bulldog?” Yesung returns his focus back to Siwon and Bugsy.

“French bulldog, Hyung.  Look at his eyes, he looks like he has thick eyebrows like me, right?” Siwon beams.

“You’re right…” Yesung nods.  “And he looks really calm too.  I want to embrace him,” Yesung puts down Melo, who’s whining now that she’s being ignored.  “May I?”

“Oh, of course!  Bugsy is very nice…” he gets up and helps Yesung to carry his new puppy on his embrace.

“Woff….” Melo barks lowly in disappointment.

Bugsy himself looks a little bit panic when his skin first meets Yesung’s small hands.  He whines a little as if asking help from Siwon, the only living creature he’s familiar with in the room.

“Hi, Bugsy…  I’m Yesung.  You can call me Yesung hyung!  I’m your Siwon hyung’s hyung, hehehe,” Yesung turns the puppy until those big eyes are facing him.  “You’re so cute, you know that?  You know that?” he kisses the dog’s nose, making him squirms in more panic.

“Haha, he’s scared of you, Hyung,” Siwon laughs.  “Here, give him back to me.”

“So, is he the someone special you mentioned before, Wonnie?” Yesung asks all casually.  He reaches for Melo’s front claws, as if he’s inspecting them. 

“Yes, he’s so special to me.  Since he looks a lot like me,” Siwon scratches the area behind Bugsy’s right ear.  “I’ve been putting him on twitter and he’s such a celebrity now!  Our ELFs are crazy about him already,” he says excitedly, igniting a soft smile of relief on his hyung’s face.

“Good for him,” Yesung nods.  “He’s really adorable, it’s only natural he’s so popular!” Yesung beams.  “Oh before I forget again, Siwon-ah, do you want some coffee, or warm tea?”

“Warm tea, Hyung.  I’m so tired, actually.”

Yesung comes back about ten minutes later with two cups of tea for him and Siwon, but something stops his steps to approach the sofa where the younger sits. 

Siwon is sitting with Melo beside him, trying to get the white Pomeranian to shake her front claws with Bugsy’s, who’s still on his lap.  From his standing spot, the singer can see how Melo is staring at Siwon as if he’s mental.

“Melo Noona, my name is Bugsy!  I’m your dongsaeng,” Siwon imitates baby voices, narrating for Bugsy.  “You are so beautiful!  I want to marry you Noona.”

A chuckle leaves Yesung’s lips, startling Siwon.  The younger immediately puts down Melo’s and Bugsy’s intertwined front claws, acting as if he didn’t just make two puppies shake ‘hands’.

“Oh, they’re close already?” Yesung smirks at Siwon who smiles sheepishly at him.  He arranges the teacups on the coffee table then sits himself back on his original seat.

“Uhm yes, since Melo is so beautiful,” Siwon answers, somehow shyly. 

“Oh boys are all for beautiful girls,” Yesung teases.  “I heard a gossip circulates around, saying that Bugsy already wants to marry Melo!  Is that true?” happy with his own joke, the older man laughs.

Siwon’s face flustered beet red.  “Ah, you saw me.  Alright, laugh all you want hyung.  I do love to narrate for my dogs.  I do that a lot with Beckham too,” he continues.  “It’s fun.”

Yesung frowns.  “I know that’s fun, I do that too with all my dogs…  It’s just what you said in your narration that made it really funny,” the older man continues.

“Really?  You narrate for Kkoming and Melo, too?”

“Woff!” Melo confirms.

“It means that you imitate girls’ voices?  Hahaha!” now it’s Siwon’s turn to laughs out loud.

Yesung blushes in embarrassment.  “Shut up.  I’m a good voice actor, better than you!”

Siwon lifts his eyebrows.  “Really?  With your husky, baritone voice, you’re perfect for girls’ voices, you meant to say?”

“I’m professional,” Yesung boasts.

“Well let’s try then,” Siwon grins.  “Me as Bugsy and you as Melo, how?”

Yesung frowns again in disbelieve.  “You want me to narrate for dogs with you?”

“So you’re chickening out, then?” Siwon mischievously smiles, annoying the older man.

“No!” Yesung squeals madly.  “Fine, I’ll do it!  But we have to take turns.  I want to hear you act as Melo, as well.”

“Challenge accepted!”

So the two dog owners sit on the sofa side by side, with their respective puppies on their laps.  Both of the dogs are being held on their front legs, making them half-standing up.  The two ‘voice characters’ are preparing their throats by grunting some “a-a”s.

 “So we’re ready?” Siwon asks.

Yesung only nods firmly.

“Alright, my dog is younger so I’ll start,” Siwon says.  He then shifts closer to Yesung, in attempt to make his bulldog closer to Melo.  “Oh, look, there’s a really beautiful girl over there!” Siwon starts using his hoarse baby voice.  His hand moves Bugsy’s right paw to points at Melo.   “She’s so pretty!  Her fur is completely white, her eyes are so wide…”

“Not as wide as yours,” Yesung grumbles naughtily, making Siwon glares at him.  Yesung then giggles seeing how then Bugsy eyes him with those huge, tennis ball-like eyes.

“Hey!  You’re sabotaging my performance!” Siwon protests to his hyung.

Yesung rolls his eyes but he tries to compose himself and listens to Siwon, or supposedly, Bugsy.  The puppy, who has black spots surrounding both of his eyes, starts to look around the room, musing uncomfortably in Siwon’s grip.

“Shh Bugsy, it’s your first time to act.  Compose yourself and look at the pretty girl!” Siwon whispers to the little bulldog obviously.  “I want to know her better.  Ah, I have an idea!  Why don’t I just introduce myself to her…” Siwon pauses, making Bugsy looks like he’s thinking by attaching the right front paw into his own temple.  “Ehm ehm!” Siwon as Bugsy clears his throat.  “Hello, pretty lady, I’m sorry for asking, but, are you alright?  I just saw you fell from the heaven just now, are you an angel?” Bugsy moves his legs into his mouth as if he’s genuinely surprises.

“Really, Siwon, really?” Yesung’s eyes widen in disbelieve.  “The cheesiest pickup lines?”

“Oh, your eyes are sparkling so beautifully, are they formed of stars?” Bugsy continues, doesn’t care that there’s no answer from Melo.

“Tchah,” Yesung rolls his eyes again. 

“It’s noona for you, little boy,” Melo says with an awkward, falsetto voice.

“Oh, Noona, you’re so cold,” Bugsy gasps.

“Dogs don’t gasp, Wonnie!” Yesung protests.

“Noona, I might be a little boy.  But I really want to know you better…  So, what’s your name, pretty lady?”

“Okay, if you insist…  My name is Melo.”

“Puahahaha!” Siwon can’t help it anymore.  Yesung’s falsetto is so off that it doesn’t fit any kind of female voice at all, be it humans or animals…  “Oh my God, your voice… you call yourself professional?  Hahahaha!”

“Wait for your turn, my fellow baritons,” Yesung scrunches his eyes at the younger man.

“Shh, act,” Siwon ignores him again.  “Woah, such a beautiful name!  Melo Noona, it’s just as pretty as you are…”

“Woff!” Melo barks happily hearing Siwon’s praise for her.

“Wow sure you have such sweet vocabularies,” Yesung moves Melo’s head left and right using one of his palm.  “How many girls have you told the same exact things, Bugsy-ssi?”

“Wait, this conversation is going wrong,” Siwon complains.  “Why is Melo so synical?”

“Why is Bugsy so flirty?  For God’s sake, Siwon, he’s only about two months old!” Yesung snaps back.  “Put on a better, less Don Juan-ish scenario for him!”

Siwon thinks for about ten seconds in silence.  “Okay, then.  Let’s restart!” he says, then clears his throat one more time.  “Melo Noona, Melo Noona, let’s play!  I want to play with you on the sand box!” Bugsy says.

“Wow, sand box?  I love sand box!” Melo squeals in her weird voice.

“Yeay…  I’m playing with you, I’m so happy!” Bugsy claps awkwardly with his front legs.  “Melo Noona, Im’ma impress you with my skill!  My Siwon hyung taught me to build sandcastles!”  The poor French bulldog stares emptily to somewhere on the right side of Yesung’s face.

“You can make a sandcastle, Bugsy?  Then show me!”

Siwon puts Bugsy down from his lap, to the sofa.  His right hand busily searches for something inside his pants’ pockets.  Then he pulls out his cell phone, puts it in between his bulldog’s front legs, so that it looks like Bugsy is carrying the phone by himself.  He presents it to the white Pomeranian.

“This is the sandcastle!  How is it?  Is it good?” Bugsy’s voice fills with excitement.

Yesung had some seconds of hard time in getting Siwon’s phone from between Bugsy’s claws into Melo’s smaller ones.  Siwon’s trying hard not to let the phone slips too.

While struggling in a comfortable silence, Yesung thinks that playing like this with Siwon is so fun and he enjoys every single second of this moment.  Although Siwon can be so annoying and mischievous sometimes, there’s no one in this whole world could make him this happy just by doing crazy, childish things.  He holds back a smile when he finally succeeded in grabbing the phone, feeling like all of his fatigues of working 8 hours on the subway station vanished into thin air.  He wants to savor the moment of being with his secret crush, embedding this whole beautiful evening in his mind forever.

But, something on Siwon’s phone screen has caught his eyes, snapping him out of his short, lone reverie.

사랑해, 종운.

Bright, neon yellow Hangul alphabets blare from the wide screen the moment he touches it.  ‘I Love you, Jongwoon.’ is written in Korean.

“Wha… what?” Yesung dumbly mutters.  “Si-Siwon?” he looks up from the screen, blushing madly.

And there he sees Siwon looks at him with a super serious face.  Yesung almost think that the younger man is angry because he never sees him with more solemn look before. 

Yesung feels as if his heart is already jumping onto his throat.  Siwon’s eyes seem as if they’re piercing to the deepest pit of his body, mind and soul, freezes him on his spot.

“Jongwoon-ah, I love you,” the younger man says with a final certainty on his voice.

“A-I…” Yesung can only mutters nonsenses.  He blinks repeatedly, tries to avoid Siwon’s eyes.

But a second later he feels a pair of lips invade his own lips.  Yesung gasps in surprise when he realizes that Siwon is kissing him, so softly.  Impulsively he closes his both eyes, laying on his instinct to give himself up to the man he really loves for so long.

Siwon’s lips are moving on top of Yesung’s, capturing his bottom lip in between, pressing lightly to it with a slow movement from his upper and bottom lips.  Those lips are dry and smooth.

But as soon as it came, it goes.  Siwon abruptly ends the kiss, pulling himself away from Yesung.  Yesung opens his eyes slowly, still in ecstasy of the kiss, glances at the man who just kissed him few seconds ago with his watery eyes.

“Sorry, I…  I didn’t mean to kiss you like that, Hyung.  Sorry, I just… can’t help it…” Siwon keeps his head down, avoiding Yesung’s curious eyes.  “Please, forgive me, Hyung, don’t cry…”

Yesung’s tears are cascading down now, without he even could control them.  His loud thumping of heartbeat completely distracting him from the fact that he’s crying in front of the love of his life who’d just confessed to him.

“Wuff…” a weak voice is heard from between the two men.  Apparently Bugsy is almost squeezed between the two people in love.  And so is Melo.  But Yesung and Siwon barely realize anything since they keep staring at each other, until…

“Woff!” Melo can’t stand it, barking loudly. 

Yesung’s hands in reflects letting her two legs go, and Siwon’s phone falls to the sofa.  In a blink of eyes, Bugsy and Melo are both free, they’re running away from the sofa where the traumatic event of becoming sandwiched puppies happened to them.

“Siwon-ah,” Yesung calls weakly.

“Ah, Hyung, I know that it’s impossible for you to have the same feelings as mine…  You see me only as a dongsaeng…” Siwon rambles in sorry.  “But I really have to let you know about this.  I can’t hold it by myself anymore.  I’m sorry,” he tries to grab his phone from between him and Yesung, but Yesung’s right hand is already possessing the gadget.  Gripping it tightly in his small palm.

“You love me?” Yesung asks hoarsely.  “Since… when?”

Siwon is stunned by the question.  “I don’t know,” he admits.  “I really can’t remember.”

“Me too,” Yesung’s trembled voice says, his face’s forming a soft smile.  “I also can’t remember when I started to love you.”

“What?” Siwon looks up at the petite man that he loves again.  “You… you love me?”

Yesung nods with a small, happy laugh.  “Yes, yes, Wonnie.  I love you, I really love you!”

“Really?” Siwon’s eyes are so wide, lips quiver in disbelief.

“Yes!”

“Yesung-ah,” Siwon brings the smaller man to his embrace, kissing his black hair repeatedly.  “Jongwoon-ah.  My Jongwoon,” he corrects himself.  They stay like that for a few minutes, Siwon buries his head in Yesung’s soft hair, and Yesung comfortably snuggles into the younger’s broad chest.  “I have no words for this feeling I’m feeling now, it’s too beautiful I just can’t.” he mutters.

Yesung wraps Siwon’s waist in his arms.

 “And I’m crying like a little child,” Yesung whispers.

Siwon releases Yesung from the hug, cupping the older’s chubby cheeks.  Kissing him for the second time, this time more passionately.  Yesung opens his mouth in reflects and lets Siwon’s tongue devours him.  Exploring, tasting him with all his might.

“Woff!”

“Wuff…”

“Bugsy!” Yesung pulls away from Siwon immediately.  “Sorry, you are not supposed to see this…”

“Woff woff!”

“You’re only a year old Melo-ah.  You should not see this as well.  Don’t be so glad,” the vocalist scolds his own dog.  “And your eonnie shouldn’t too.”

“Don’t ever change, my love,” Siwon whispers, grinning happily like a lunatic.

“Wuff…”

“Yes, thank you, Bugsy, you’re a lot of help.”

***

FIN

 

A/N: I thought I haven’t finished this but turns out it’s already finished on January.  But it’s far too fluffy for my own liking so I decided the only proper time to post this is on the Valentine’s day!  Happy Valentine’s day you guys <3