Sick of Waiting

Sick of Waiting

You were sick of waiting. Your life had become full of it recently, a never ending cycle and it was driving you crazy.

You loved your boyfriend, you really did, but being with him had negatives too. And this was one of them.

In the beginning the only thing keeping you apart was your part-time job and his end less number of rehearsals, but before long you found yourself waiting for him to get back from promotions and a world tour too. So, of course he asked you to move in with him you were relieved because you thought you could see him more. But the waiting didn't go away.

You couldn't hate Kai, no matter how frustrating it was, and yet the longer it went on the more exhausted you became.

"I wish I could have a day with him, just one day! No press, no members, no rehearsal. Just us." You think sighing audibly.

Your thoughts are interrupted by the sound of the phone and you slowly make your way across the apartment to where the receiver stands on the coffee table.

"Yes?"

"_____? Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," you lie "how's the tour going?"

"Great so far! You should have seen the fans at the concert! They really liked the new choreography I think and I finally got the move from my solo perfect!" you hear him say proudly as you picture him smiling into the receiver at the memory.

"I'm happy for you baby, make sure to show me next week when you get home okay?"

"Yeah about that..." you can already hear the hesitation in his voice and your heart sinks. "I might not be home next week..."

"What? Why?" you demand, trying to hide the tremble in your voice.

Just then the doorbell rings and with a sigh of annoyance you drag yourself towards the front door. Not even bothering to check who it is, you fling the door back on its hinges to reveal the person who had just interrupted your precious time with your boyfriend.

"Ugh it's some pizza delivery boy. I think he got the order mixed up or..." you trail off as the boy lifts his head so his cap is no longer obscuring his face. "Hey you kinda look like my boyfriend, do you know him? His name is..."

And then it hits you. He doesn't just look like Kai, this is Kai.

"Oppa!" you scream as you launch yourself into his arms, "Oh my god I've missed you! How are you here early? Did something happen? You're not hurt are you? Is it your back again?" you question him panic rushing through you as you imagine everything that could of happened.

Kai, still holding you, rests his chin on the top of your head before chuckling lightly and tilting it slightly to place a kiss on there instead. "Honey I'm fine! My manager said we could come home early because The Brat made a big deal about it being Valentine's day and that he wanted to spend it with his girlfriend. And after I thought about it I realised I wanted to spend it with mine too." He leans back so that you can look each other in the eye and you see his dark orbs radiate nothing but honesty, love and warmth. "I came back for you. I love you."

"I love you too." you murmur before turning away so he can't see how embarrassed you are. You begin to walk towards the door of your shared apartment, pausing only to ask quietly, "So how about a movie? Oh and thanks for the pizza!"

"Who said this was for you?" he teases and you can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

You laugh softly at his childishness and lips forming an even bigger smile when you hear his footsteps following in yours.