two

I'll eat you up, I love you so
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luhan sits next to Baekhyun silently, Chanyeol on the other side of Baekhyun. They all want to say it but no one is brave enough to actually speak the words out loud. Luhan wants to throw the blame on someone but he knows that he can’t do that. He is to blame just as much as Baekhyun or Minseok is.

As soon as the bunker door shut above them and Baekhyun got the lanterns lit they all saw what they wished they hadn’t. The whole bunker was empty save for a few jars of food that would most likely only last two days, if that. Luhan and Baekhyun shared a look of panic before sitting down quietly without a word.

They were unprepared for anything to happen and now that something has happened the chances of them surviving are slim.

Luhan wishes he spent more time stocking the bunker and being paranoid like Joonmyun who Luhan had looked up to all throughout his school years. Luhan had always thought Joonmyun was a little weird, he was always concerned with a breach and always waiting for it to happen. Right now Luhan wishes he was with Joonmyun, whoever is with him is probably a lot better off than him, Baekhyun and Chanyeol are right now.

The silence breaks a few minutes later. Chanyeol is the one to break it. “Are you all stupid?” he doesn’t say it loud or angrily, just like he is let down by the actions, or lack of actions, of Luhan, Baekhyun and Minseok. “You guys didn’t stock anything? I mean I didn’t expect it to be filled but it’s completely empty.” He drops his head into his hands. “You’re supposed to have at least four day’s supply down here.”

“We didn’t think anything would happen.” Baekhyun whispers. “We thought we were safe.”
Chanyeol lifts his head and locks eyes with Baekhyun. “As long as the infected exist none of us are ever going to be safe.” 

They are plunged into an awkward silence. 

Chanyeol’s words play over and over inside Luhan’s head. Chanyeol is right. They won’t be safe until every single last one of the infected is killed. The impossibility of it all makes Luhan lose all the hope he had left, there wasn’t much to begin with and now his hope has been drained completely. They will never live without fear as long as they have to live within the fences. They are trapped just waiting to be slaughtered.

△▽△


Hours go by and still no one speaks. Sehun is still upset over what Tao said to him and Joonmyun just looks too frightened to speak at all. Tao sits there staring at his two friends trying to decide what they should do. Do they actually stay down here until they run out of food? Or do they risk going outside in twenty four hours or even less than that? 

Tao doesn’t know. Tao saw firsthand how many infected were pressing themselves against the fence. If they all got in, if the military wasn’t able to fight most of them off, then chances are it’s nowhere near safe out there.

The weight of the whole situation settles on Tao’s shoulders. It’s heavy and he has no idea how to cope with it. He hopes that this is all a tragic nightmare that he will eventually wake up from.

Another hour passes in complete silence before anything happens.

“Joonmyun can I ask you something?” Sehun says out of the blue startling Tao.

Joonmyun looks to the younger boy and nods.

“Does Luhan even know who I am?”

Tao cringes as soon as the words hit his ears. He knows that the question Sehun is asking is all his fault. Regret fills Tao, he wishes he would have swallowed his tongue and said something else to get Sehun into the bunker. He knew he would regret the words just not so soon.

Joonmyun looks sad. “Luhan and you have never spoken and as far as I know he has no idea who you are. I’m sorry Sehun, I know how much you’re infatuated with him but I don’t think he has even the slightest idea about you.”

Tao can see the hurt clear as day on Sehun’s face. 

“That’s all I needed to hear.” Sehun sniffs.

Tao looks away not wanting to see the tears that trickle from his friends eyes. It’s all his fault and it hurts him to see his friend so hurt.

△▽△

“We need to stay calm.” Chanyeol says pacing back and forth in front of Luhan and Baekhyun. Luhan has no idea why he is saying that, they are both calm, a lot calmer than Chanyeol who is slowly starting to unravel.

“Chanyeol sit down and take a deep breath.” Baekhyun says.

Chanyeol turns to Baekhyun and glares. “Baekhyun you don’t understand. I went AWOL and one top of that I have claustrophobia. I can’t be down here much longer.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter