scene two;

Groom for Rent

Kris presses up against another one of the nameless women he’s just met, his fingertips lingering around her hips as she sensually rocks her hips to the nauseating beat of the club’s music, a sly grin making it’s way to the blonde’s features as the woman; whom barely looks legal, turns to face him, circling her arms around his waist as the atmosphere grew heavier, even more intoxicating. Kris his lips as the woman stares at him with half lidded eyes, she looked like a vixen, almost.  And the booze didn’t help, either. He leant forward to close the distance between their lips, anticipating the taste of the sweet lips presented before him.

To his dismay, though, it never came. Instead, he snaps out of his trance at the loss of the woman’s arms around him, eyes snapping wide open to meet with reddened, angry ones. . Out of all people, it had to be his very own girlfriend, Jung Jessica, catching him red handed.
“Kris Wu,” her voice began, dripping with pure absolute loath. He gulps, this can’t be too good. “Happy birthday, sweetheart.”  She continues, sashaying her way to him to jerk him into a quick hug, arms wrapped securely around his broad shoulders.

Leaving him still somewhat confused, she pulls away from the hug, offering him a sickly sweet smile, one that didn’t quite reach her eyes, he noted.
“Thanks, babe.” He tries, mentally thanking the lord his voice didn’t crack, he places a casual arm around her shoulder, assuming it was safe to pretend that never happened, seeing that her attitude hasn’t changed much. “So, where’s the gift you promised me earlier?”

The woman swats his hands away, smile still etched onto her features as she brings her carefully manicured nails up to his face, giving his cheek a, to what he presumes, fond , cooing softly. “Your present, hmm? Well, close your eyes first, Kris dearest.”

Almost immediately, his eyes flutter closed, bracing himself for the promised reward as his attempts to bite back his widening grin. “They’re closed, babe.” He assures her, nodding his head eagerly.
He didn’t expect for her hand to lash out at him, catching him off guard by slapping him square on his face. He let out a sharp hiss as he feels the skin of his cheek throb, eyes opening once again to meet with Jessica’s venomous ones, her teeth gritted in obvious anger.

“And you still ask for a gift, huh? The nerve of you, Wu Yifan.” She spits out in utter disbelief, slapping the same cheek once again. “We’re through, over. Don’t let me see your face again, you prick.”

Instantly, the club’s music dies down and all eyes were planted on him. Kris groans in both pain and embarrassment, rubbing on his reddening cheek in attempt to soothe the pain. Chanyeol rushes up to him, a bottle of beer in one hand and a woman in another. Kris lets out a loud grunt, throwing himself on the nearest couch.
“Woah, man. Now that was scary.” Chanyeol slurs, examining his friend’s swelling cheek from afar. “But I guess it’s over, huh? What’re you going to do about it?”

What was he going to do about it? Kris had no idea, all he wants to do right now is--
“Drink the night away, my friend.” He says, hopping right off the leathered seat. Well, he’s single now, isn’t he?  “And perhaps—find me a good companion to warm my bed.”

“That’s the spirit, mate.” Chanyeol hollers, giving Kris a good smack on the back. “Good for you, my man. Just go crazy, okay? I mean, it is your birthday.”

Hearing this, Kris spontaneously feels a lot better. He shouldn’t mope around on his 25th birthday, he thinks. Today’s his big day, after all. He supposes he can take care of all the that’s about to come his way later tomorrow. But as for tonight, he’ll just go absolutely crazy.

 

-----------------------------

 

 

“Yeah, Ma.” Yixing breathed into the phone for the nth time that day, scratching his head in frustration. His mom’s been worrying about him sick ever since he’s stepped into Korea. And albeit being used to these phone calls, they can get a tad nerve wrecking. “I’ve been eating well, ma.”

A pause. “Alright, ma.” He finally says, flopping down on the mattress, legs sprawled out. “I will, don’t worry. I love you, bye.” And with that, he ends the call, tossing his phone a few millimeters away.  He heaves out a sigh as he stares blankly at the white ceiling of the room, aimlessly counting the specks of dirt on the wall.
“Oi, you bum.” A voice calls out, it’s owner obnoxiously nudging his side. “I know I said you could stay here for the time being, but shouldn’t you be looking for auditions?”
Yixing gives the man his back, wrapping his arms around a pillow close by. “I know, Lu.” He mumbles against the pillow, hugging it tighter against himself. “But it’s exhausting, you know? I’m tired of failure. I’m tired of always being rejected. I don’t know how you did it, but I’m sick of it. I give up.”

Luhan’s features soften after hearing the younger male’s rant, threading his fingers into Yixing’s soft, lush locks, brushing his hair away from his face. “I know, love. I know.” He coos, continuing to Yixing’s hair as he spoke. “Don’t give up, okay? You’re talented, Yixing. Don’t let anyone else tell you otherwise.”

Yixing allows the thought to sink in, chewing on his lower lip as he listens to his ge’s words, taking them in slowly. Yeah, he does have a point. After all, nothing in life comes for free, and he’s learnt that if he really wants something, he has to work hard for it. Yixing peels his arms off the pillow and turns to envelope them around the older boys’ neck, a small smile tugging at the corners of his lips as he breathes out a small thank you. Luhan’s eyes soften at this and he gives Yixing a fond pat on his back, before squeezing his shoulder reassuringly. “Don’t worry, Xing. You’ll make it, I promise”

-----------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Kris awakens the next morning—or more like, afternoon with an ear splitting headache, sitting himself up with great struggle as his head spins around like crazy, his memories of last night still very hazy. He turns to see the empty spot next to him and breathes out a sigh of relief, mentally thanking his drunken self he didn’t bring any women back home. He wasn’t ready to get lashed out by his grandfather just yet, he thought.
Spotting a glass of water and an aspirin by his bedside, he leans forward to take the pill, flicking it into his mouth before downing the water in one go. He feels a lot better after this and opts to make his way down to the kitchen, dragging himself despite his drowsiness.

“Good afternoon, sir.” He heard the maid close by chirp, he acknowledges her presence by curtly nodding his head towards her general direction and she smiles, giving his shoulder a light tap. “Shall I prepare your bath for you, sir? Or a change of clothes, perhaps?”

Ugh, The last thing Kris wanted to do was go out. He turns to her meekly, raising an eyebrow. “Nah, I think I’ll just sleep in for today.” He states, obviously tired.
“But sir—today’s your appointment with Mr. Han, remember? Your grandfather specifically advised me to remind you, knowing that you’d be wasted—“

. “,” He voices his thought out, grabbing a hold of her shoulders, she stares back up at him in fear, slightly taken aback by her young master’s sudden actions. “What time is it?!”

“Um…1:30 pm, sir.” She whispers, trying to pry Kris’ large hands off her shoulders. “Your appointment is in thirty—“

“, I’m late.” He deadpans, rushing back up the stairs, almost leaping into his room. Today’s the day he’ll get his trust fund and he’s already on the verge of turning up late? . His hangover wasn’t helping either.

About twenty five minutes later, after a session of rushed grooming and dressing up, Kris Wu stepped out of his car, finding himself in front of the destined place, he gulps as he spot’s Mr. Han, looking quite angered, tapping his foot impatiently against the marble of the floor. He braces himself for the worst as he pushes the café’s door open, hesitantly stepping into the place.

Mr. Han looks up, anger not dissipating from his face as Kris offers him an awkward looking grin, seating himself right across the said man. “Good afternoon, Mr. Han.” He politely begins, placing his hands on the table. “How are you doing?”

“Young man, let’s cut to the chase, please.” He interrupts, placing a thick file before Kris’ face. The man’s eyes widen in anticipation as Mr. Han flips the file open, pressing his finger onto the printed text of the page. “Here it is, it says that Mr. Yifan Wu, shall receive two hundred twenty three million Korean wons as soon as he reaches the age of twenty five—“

Kris’ mind starts trailing off, thinking of all the things he could do with that large amount of wealth. Maybe he should buy a vacation house, for starters. Or perhaps…perhaps a mansion close by the sea side. Or maybe a tour around the world. Ah, yes. First destination, France. He heard that French girls were really pretty…and talented—

“—All legal terms apply, his legal wife should be able to access about 0.1% of his wealth, given that—“ And Kris chokes at this. Wait a second.
“Wife?” He wheezes out, straightening himself as Mr. Hans looks up from the document with disinterest, nodding his head.

“Yes, wife. It says right here,” He points at the finely printed text right in the middle of the sheet of paper and Kris swears he’s about to pass out. “Mr. Wu can only receive his share after getting married by the age of 25, or he shall be able to receive the full wealth when he first turns 35.”

And suddenly, Kris feels nauseous all over again. He scrambles out of his seat, not forgetting to bow politely at the older man before him. “Excuse me while I make a call.” He manages, faking a bright smile and Mr. Han simply nods, ushering for him to take his time.
Kris strides over to the corner of the café, furiously jabbing his grandfather’s number into his dial pad. Oh boy, his grandfather better provide him with the answers to his many, many questions.

 


my back hurts cries
and i have a test tomorrow
and its 2 am
i need sleep
will check for mistakes tomorrow!! please do leave me some comments c:

also i got a poster!! it's so pretty sobs

thanks for reading! i promise to update every other day!!