1

Big Confessions

“Dude, I met this girl yesterday…yah! Minho are you even listening to me?”

Minho grunts. It’s History period which means Jonghyun is bored. Bored as to pester Minho to talk about crap he doesn’t care about. Jonghyun pokes him using his pen, cause the guy is short that he needs an extension just to reach Minho.

“And she’s so hot!”

 In the corner of his eyes he can see Jonghyun waving his hands in the air just to emphasize the girl’s proportion.

“Tsch, you don’t have taste man. There are girls who throw themselves at you! And you do know I hate you for that”

Minho just rolls his eyes.

“Wait I know something that will get your attention”

Minho just looks straight ahead, trying to drown out his buddy’s voice. Anything that comes out of Jonghyun’s mouth has never interested him.

“Taemin, that pretty boy you always look at”

Minho’s head snapped in the direction of Jonghyun.

“What about him?”

“Now I got your attention. On my way to the bathroom I’ve seen him being carried to the nurse’s clinic. He looked sick”

Minho gave the I-don’t-believe-you look.

“Okay, don’t believe your friend since day 1 of high school”

Minho raised his hand to get the attention of the teacher. He used the bathroom as an excuse to get out. He was still cool when he walked out of class but as soon as he stepped outside, he immediately dashed to the clinic.

 

 

 

“Am I this stupid?”

“Yes you are”

“I’m an idiot who easily forgets things”

“Yes you are”

“And you’re the worst best friend ever”

“No I’m not”

“Yes you are”

“I told you many times about your obsession”

“Excuse me but its devotion”

“Obsession. That it won’t lead to any good. If you really like him you should’ve confessed”

“He doesn’t like me”

“Who said that?”

“Me”

“Psh, you and your pessimistic self. You’ll never know what Minho thinks of you if you keep living in your cave”

“But it might ruin our current relationship”

“So?”

“So? Sooo? He’ll think I’m a creep”

“No he won’t. Minho is better than that. At least when you confess you won’t live the rest of your life regretting what you should have done”

“Fine. I’ll think about it. But we need to find that notebook”

“I’m already on that. I’ll go to the bleachers during lunch to find the evidence of your psycho side who worships Minho”

“Shut up!”

“What? So just stay here and sit pretty like the princess that you are then wait for your frog in shining armor, Minho, of yours”

“For the nth time I’m not a princess and mind you Minho is the most handsome, gorgeous, hot, and sweetest knight that walked on earth”

“Ouch! My ears it’s bleeding glitters and unicorns!”

 

 

 

 

Minho could not help but put on a smug smile on his face as he heard the conversation inside the room. He gently knocks on the door before letting himself in.

The room fell silent when they knew of Minho’s presence. Key having an interested look while Taemin’s eyes widened.

“I heard you were sick, are you okay now?”

“I-I’m not si---“

“Minho! Taemin is really sick he can barely move. It’s really good to have you here. I need to go to my next class so if it is okay it would be good if you’re here to watch over him”

Taemin tugged the hem of Key’s uniform from behind.

“What are you talking about Key. I’m really fine. I can even run around the school 10 times”

“So what do you say Minho?”

Taemin tugged harder.

“That’s fine with me. I can look after him”

“That’s wonderful! I still need to find the notebook”

“What notebook?”

“Oh the one that made him faint. It contains photos of y---Ouch!“

Key yelps as Taemin forcefully grabbed him, making him lose balance but landed safely in a sitting position on the bed besides Taemin.

“Did you say something about a notebook and photos, Key?” Taemin says in low menacing voice while laughing unnaturally.

“Anyways I’ll leave the two of you here”

Key immediately stands up as if nothing happened. He then gave Taemin a bone crushing hug with the bonus of pinching his back making Taemin jump in pain.

“See! Minho he doesn’t look alright, and he is even in pain so you better take care of him”

“Also, I remember he wants a kiss and hug tablet from doctor Choi so you better prescribe him those” Key shouted as he was already outside the room.

“Shut up!” Taemin grabbed the pillow and threw it but only hit the door.

 

 

 

Minho picked up the pillow and dusted it clean of floor dust. He went to Taemin’s side and placed the soft object under the younger’s head.

“Thanks” Taemin muttered in a low voice.

Minho found it adorable when Taemin tried to hide his flushed expression by avoiding his eyes, facing the side without Minho.

“I’m not sick you know” Taemin says, closing his eyes.

“Then why are you pale and you look like you haven’t slept last night” Minho inquires.

“I was thinking about something” Taemin answers.

“Does it have to do with the notebook?” Minho asks again.

“No…yes” Taemin says the last word in a low whisper.

“What’s in the notebook that’s bothering you?”

Minho doesn’t need to know but he just asks, trying to know if the younger would be honest.

“It’s just something stupid”

“Oh” Minho says, slightly disappointed with Taemin’s answer.

None of them said a word after. The only sound is their even breathing. Both taking comfort in each other’s presence.

Taemin sighs.

“It’s actually something dear to me. A secret I would’ve liked to be kept longer until I can find courage to be honest about my feelings”

“Oh” Minho responds the same thing but feeling hopeful now.

 

 

 

Minho’s phone buzzed in his pocket. He fished it out to find Jonghyun’s name flashing on the screen. He excuses himself to Taemin who smilingly nodded that he should take the call.

“Hey dude! Where are you right now?”

“I’m in the middle of something”

“You should come here everyone’s partying!”

“Party?”

“Our Math teacher just called in sick meaning we won’t have the quiz!”

Yeah, math quiz, right. He forgot about when Taemin was on his mind, which of course is always.

“I’m busy right now”

“What’s more important than celebrating this? Wait, you don’t mean you’re at the nurse’s clinic with pretty boy. Well aren’t you a sly fox having the boy for yourself”

“Shut up”

“Can you activate the speaker feature? I want to talk to him”

“No”

“Well I’ll tell him about your dirty little secrets”

“Dirty what, you’re the disgusting one”

“Really? I’ll tell him about that photo of him you always keep, the times you follow him around the school, the gawking you do when you see him, and also when you’re going berserk mood when somebody tries to flirt with him. Man, I still remember the frightened face of that guy you cornered and threatened never ever coming close to your Taeminnie~~”

Minho grumbles in defeat. He’ll make sure to skin Jonghyun alive the next time he sees the short guy.

Minho turns to Taemin as he activates the speakers on.

“He wants to talk to you, it’s my friend” Minho puts the phone on the bed while Taemin gave him a questioning look.

“Hi Taemin!”

“Hello”

“You know me right? I’m the handsome of friend of Minho, the one that turns him to octopi when he stands by my side”

“Don’t be such a cocky bastard” Minho snides.

“Who?” Taemin asks.

“Pretty boy how could you not remember a gorgeous face like mine? I’m Jonghyun, ring a bell?”

“Oh the tiny guy?”

“Tiny?”

Jonghyun sounded a little offended and Minho couldn’t help but burst out laughing.

“Hey! I’m not short. I just happen to look smaller cause my friend there is a wide-eyed giant.”

Jonghyun snorts trying to recover his hurt pride.

“I saw you sick earlier, are you okay now?”

“I’m fine, thanks for asking”

“You should be. Minho ran there like he was in a marathon he even skipped half of History just to be with you”

Minho looked away when Taemin looked at him with those innocent eyes of his.

“Listen that guy likes you! He’s even crazy about you. I told him to confess but he said it wouldn’t be right since you’re Jinki’s younger brother. But hey your strict and stern brother, I don’t mean to be rude, already graduated so what’s the hold up? And I really hope you have feelings for him too. I’ll hate to admit this but Minho is a great guy, okay not as great as me. I’m more exciting and Minho is boring---“

Jonghyun quickly blurts out as Minho tried to cut off the call but his hands were clammy due to his friend’s bluntly saying his feelings for Taemin.

 

 

 

“Umm, yeah. I think I’ll let you rest. I’ll come back later”

Minho awkwardly laughs, standing up and turning away from Taemin. But before he could take a step the younger grabbed his wrist.

“Is it true?”

“That Jonghyun is a cocky bastard who can’t keep his mouth shut? Yeah that’s so true”

“No. You’re feelings for me, do you really like me?”

Minho turns around and he held Taemin’s hand tightly.

“Wait here, I’ll get something to answer your question”

 

 

 

Minho runs to his locker, scribbles on something, and grabs the stuff he needed. He tracks back on his way to the clinic.

He hid the items behind his back. The younger throwing him a curious and nervous glance.

“What’s behind you?” Taemin aks, voice laced with inquisition.

Minho smiles as he presented the stuff to Taemin.

“I-I…H-How did you find that?” Taemin stutters.

“I picked it up but you left right away”

“Did you look inside?” Taemin’s blood started to drain from his face. Praying that Minho didn’t tried to take a peek.

Minho nodded smilingly.

“Can I die now?” Taemin hid under the blanket in embarrassment.

Minho chuckles.

“How could you die on me when I’m still confessing my feelings.”

“But you’ve looked inside”

Minho just laughs more.

“Will you come out?”

“No. I’m still concentrating”

“What?”

“I’m using my telekinetic powers on the bed so it would swallow me whole”

Minho sits down besides the huge lump in the middle of the bed.

“The day we first met, I’ve never seen anyone so cute. The main reason I go to your house at first was for soccer practice, I actually didn’t enjoy Jinki’s hell much, then I asked myself, why do I keep coming back? Then I realized I wanted to see you

“Your smile when you welcome me in your house, your adorable cheers when you watch me practice, your pout when Jinki scolds you cause of your loud cheers, and also the juices you prepare after practice, your recipe is one of a kind, was it me or I could taste honey or sometimes ramen flavouring”

Minho smiles fondly at the taste of Taemin’s special juice.

“Key said ramen powder will help taste anything better” Taemin remarks silently.

“He said that? Well I think he meant it for soups or noodles not for juices”

“But you said you liked it”

“Yes I did”

 

 

Taemin comes out slowly from his quilt fortress.

“Here” Minho hands the small notebook.

“I think you already know my feelings about you”

“What feelings?” Minho feigns innocently.

“You know that I….like…”

“You like what?”

“I like you okay!” Taemin burrows his face in his hands.

“You do? well in your notebook is my reply”

Taemin looks at the notebook, he knows there is something different. There’s a photo overlapping inside and he’s pretty sure it isn’t his. He grabs it and opens to that particular page, only to find a photo of him sleeping. At the opposite page, there’s also a different, a handwriting not his own. Scribbled on the white paged notebook is,

‘I love you Lee Taemin, will you be mine forever?’

 

 

 

“Mino~~~come on”

“But the food is going to burn”

“Min~o~~”

Taemin kept nagging behind Minho. His grip tight around Minho’s waist as the older tried to focus on cooking their lunch. Taemin’s breath tickling Minho’s nape, which Taemin knows, is one of the elder’s weak spot.

Taemin’s grinned widely when Minho sighed, turning off the stove and set aside the pan. Taemin let go of the older just to get the Polaroid camera. The device was on a shelf full of photos, of him and his lover since they got together. Across the room, on the wall is a huge frame,  the first of the couple photos.

It was the day when Minho confessed to him, and him getting emotional, pouncing on the older and crying while repeating the word ‘yes’. The he remembered he doesn’t have a photo of Minho of that day but Minho grabbed his phone and took a selca of them both. Taemin’s eyes puffy and red, with traces of tears on his cheeks and a smile that says happiness. Minho grinning widely with eyes shining like the stars.

Minho is leaning against the counter when he got back. The older grabbed him by the waist while Taemin lifted the camera in front of their faces to get a good angle.

Minho kissed his cheek and whispered.

“Mine”

“Forever”

And Taemin sealed their lips together while camera flashed on their faces.

 

 


 

happy valentines everyone! :D

I had a lunch date with my mom and we got drunk with more than 3 liters of homemade lemon juice. Which resulted to a mild headache @_@

also thank you for supporting me guys I so love you all! ;A;

comments is <33333

I'm going to update my other fic Snow soon, I had to change it again and again cause I don't get satisfied with it -.-'''

anyways have a good day and be safe always :D