I Love You

The Fortune

Part Two - I Love You

 

“You know, it feels good to talk to you again Minho,” Onew said as he read a book on the floor. Minho was on his bed tapping his pencil on the blank piece of paper in front of him.

Even though he wasn’t living with Onew anymore, they were still close friends. The cheesy, disruptive Jonghyun was out taking his princess Key to dinner which relieved Minho because with Jonghyun and Key around, it was hard to live his life with constant coming from their room.
Since he had one night to himself—actually an hour to himself to be more accurate—he decided to invite the clumsy Onew over despite he could be risking getting his apartment burnt down.

“So how are Jonghyun and Key?” Onew asked curiously as his eyes scanned the interesting piece of literature he was reading.

“Umm…Loud,” Minho answered and the two laughed.

Onew asked Minho if he ever considered moving back in with him to avoid the noise and he got the answer he expected which was a ‘no’ and Minho proceeded to remind him about the time when he almost burnt the dorm down.

“Whenever we meet up you always have to remind me about that,” Onew said and Minho just nodded. 

Minho’s eyes wandered to the view outside. Another reason he didn’t want to move back in with Onew was because of the great view he had from his room. The night sky was dark and empty and the bright, colourful city lights illuminated the sky. His eyes then went back to the blank paper in front of him and his eyes widened. On his paper was another sheet of paper.
“What the …” Minho muttered to himself but loud enough for Onew to hear.

“What happened?” Onew asked curiously and sat on the bed beside Minho.

True love awaits,” Onew read out loud and took the piece of paper from Minho’s hand and examined both messages on the piece of paper. “This looks like it came out of a fortune cookie.”

“It did,” Minho responded. “The weird thing is that I threw it in the bin after Jonghyun and I left that restaurant. It’s like it’s been following me everywhere.”

Onew looked up at him. “Which restaurant?”

“You know…That one with that wishing well inside as décor,”

Onew nodded and grinned. “You know they say that each fortune that comes from that restaurant comes true.”

Minho scoffed. “Come on Onew, you know me. I don’t believe in all that make-believe stuff.”

Onew read both sides of the fortune once again. “Every fortune from that restaurant comes true,” Onew repeated. “I know from experience.”

Minho looked at him curiously and pulled a lost-puppy Jonghyun face. “What do you mean?”

Onew smiled at him. “Me and Luna.”

Minho chuckled in disbelief. “No. It can’t be.”

“It’s true,” Onew responded. “I once had dinner there with my parents and I got a fortune saying “She’ll come back.”

Minho was confused and asked why it said that particular message and Onew told him that he asked Luna out a few weeks before but she rejected him and told him she was moving away. Onew said that she ran up to him in the hallway the week after and kissed him, and that’s how their relationship started.

Minho laughed. “So that’s what that was about.”

Onew chuckled. “Yeah…”  Onew then went back to the previous discussion. “It’s one of those things that even if you don’t believe, it will still happen.”

“What if I don’t want it to happen?” Minho asked.

Onew gave him a look. “You don’t want to fall in love? Come on, I know you. Even though you never talk about it, I know how desperate you are.”

“I’m not desperate!” Minho snapped, causing the older one to laugh. “I’m just… I’m willing.”

“Willing, wanting, they’re the same thing when it comes to these fortunes,” Onew said and gave him back the fortune.

“What do I do now?” Minho asked dumbly as Onew reclaimed his spot on the floor.

“Just be prepared.”

 

 

 

The next day a tired Minho walked into the kitchen where Jonghyun was standing behind Key, his arms wrapped around Key’s waist as he cooked.
“Good morning,” the oldest one greeted and kissed Key’s shoulder afterwards.

Key giggled. “Hi Minho,” he said and Minho rubbed his eyes.

“Good morning,” Minho finally replied and took out some milk.

“Don’t you want eggs?” Key asked.

“No,” Minho replied and then got out some cereal.

As he was pouring some cereal into a bowl Minho stopped when that damned piece of paper unexpectedly fell out.

He cringed when he read the message. “True love awaits.”

Minho ripped up the paper into little pieces and threw it into their trashcan, hoping to never see it again.

 

 

Minho sighed in relief when he caught up to Onew in the courtyard. “I was washing my hands and guess what fell out of the tap?” he asked Onew.

“The fortune?” Onew replied and Minho responded with a frustrated, “yes!”

“Why can’t that damn paper just leave me alone?” Minho whined. “It’s not even grammatically correct!”

“It’s not supposed to be,” Onew replied and chuckled as Minho kept rambling on about the damned fortune. “It’s funny how you’re getting all worked up over a piece of paper.”

“It’s everywhere,” Minho told him. “It’s everywhere. It’s even in the ing toilet when I take a piss!”

Onew laughed.

“What do I do?” Minho asked Onew desperately but he just got the same answer as before.

“Just be prepared.”

 

 

 

That night Minho arrived home to see Jonghyun alone for once in his life.

“Where’s Key?” Minho asked curiously.

Jonghyun sighed. “We had a fight. Just like the stupid paper predicted!” he exclaimed in frustration.

Minho’s eyes widened. ‘Like the paper predicted?’ Well, this was something to worry about. Maybe Onew was right…for once.

“But it’s okay,” Jonghyun continued. “He’ll come back to me. He loves me.”

Minho nodded and pretended to care as he left Jonghyun on the couch by himself.

 

 

 

Minho sat down on a bench next to a fountain. Jonghyun and Key would usually accompany when he had lunch there but unfortunately they were fighting and haven’t spoken to each other since the night before. He didn’t really care. They always annoyed him anyway.

Minho looked into the fountain where many coins lay at the bottom. Minho really wasn’t surprised when he saw a small sheet of paper floating in the water. He reached for it and noticed that it didn’t say the same irritating message that it always said.

Taemin,” it read. He furrowed his eyebrows. Taemin? Like the Taemin in the dance group? The same Taemin who went to the same school as him since kindergarten to now but never spoke to? The same Taemin who he always liked but was always in denial of his feelings?

Minho flipped the sheet over and instead of another message it read a destination and a time. “Here, 7pm.”

Minho was sceptical but hey…

Maybe it was worth a try.

 

 

 

Minho stood by the fountain at 7pm at night. The sound of water splashing and the late night traffic was what he could hear. Minho was prepared—emotionally that is. He didn’t bring any flowers or any gifts with him. It was just him.

Minho turned around to face the fountain and floating in the water was another message. Minho sighed and reluctantly retrieved it and when he did, he smiled.

“Minho?” someone said and Minho turned around to see the blonde standing there with a smile on his face.

“Taemin,” Minho replied.

Taemin unfolded a small paper he had in his hands and presented it to him.

I love you.”

Minho smiled and showed his.

I love you too.”

 

~Fin~

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N:

 

ShiningTaemint is back again with another two-shot...

Except this one is more romantic ^^;;

New chapter of 'It All Started When Jonghyun's Car Broke Down' will be updated soon!

Sorry for any grammatical errors or spelling mistakes.

Comments are loved <3

Thanks for reading ~