Chapter Six: Ever After

Defeating the Princess

 

 

 

Chapter Six

 

 

Same Day -- Still Valentine's Day -- 6:10 PM

 

Your eyelids opened. You'd fallen asleep again, right on the couch. Across the living room, the television was on low volume, and on the screen was one of those talking animal movies. Honestly, you'd seen this one: it was about two golden retrievers who fall in love, despite how one comes from a poor owner and the other from a rich owner. It was one of those kid movies that guaranteed a happy ending.

 

Then your gaze slid over toward the window. Jin was curled up in the chair, a lamp lit beside him. His attention was concentrated on the television, and you noticed him swipe once at his eyes as he watched the scene when the dogs finally get to be together.

 

"Seokjin, are you...crying?" you asked, surprised.

 

Jin's shoulders shook a bit and then he froze, as if he hadn't realized that you were awake. He quickly pressed a button on the remote control and changed the channel. "No, no...just my allergies -- makes my eyes tear up. Or I think it's from being out in the snow earlier. Yeah, I think I might be getting kind of sick myself," he mumbled before forcing out a weak sneeze.

 

"Okay, if you say so," you said, hiding your grin -- knowing good and well that Jin rarely got sick. So he gets teary-eyed at cute movies...nothing wrong with that. You reached for your phone and frowned at the time on the screen. Valentine's Day would officially be over in less than six hours, and Kidoh still wasn't here. "Have you seen the weather report lately? How are the roads -- still too icy for travel?"

 

"I've been checking the weather alerts on my phone," Jin answered, giving you a sad look. "Officials are still only letting tow trucks, ambulances, and others like that through. They say the snow where Kidoh is should lessen around midnight. It's not too bad here, in our city, though."

 

"Midnight? But it will be February 15th by then," you grumbled, sitting up on the couch. "Have you heard anything from Kidoh?"

 

"No, not in a while," Jin said, shaking his head.

 

"I hope he's all right." You covered your mouth and laughed, suddenly thinking of all those sweet moments in the past that you'd spent with your boyfriend. "The last time I was sick -- it wasn't anything serious, but my muscles were too achy to move around much. But I was being stubborn that time, like usual, and I insisted on getting ready for work. Well, since I could barely keep my arms up because I was so sick, Kidoh did my hair for me. He flat-ironed it and everything. I ended up not going to work, though -- he talked me out of it. He always does, just like this time. I probably would have gone and stupidly made everyone at my job sick, but Kidoh kept me here. My coworkers should thank him."

 

Jin shifted around and made himself more comfortable in the chair. Stretching his long arms, he said, while releasing a yawn, "Well, that's our Kidoh. He's thoughtful and has good sense."

 

Our Kidoh -- there it was again, you thought to yourself. And surprisingly, this time, you didn't feel that tinge of jealousy. You looked at Jin -- whose eyes were now closed, and you once more realized that he'd sacrificed his whole day to be your nurse. Surely, this wasn't exactly how he pictured his Valentine's Day would be.

 

You nodded, standing up. "Yeah. Our Kidoh is a good guy."

 

Kidoh might not make it back in time for V-Day, but maybe everything isn't ruined. You walked off toward the kitchen, went through the door, and soon after, returned to the living room.

 

"Your highness," you said grandly, standing in front of Jin. You waited for him to open his eyes. Then you gave him a dramatic bow. "Princess Jin, may I present your crown?"

 

He squinted at you, smiling politely, but curious to see what you meant. You lifted the tiara from the golden gift bag.

 

"Oh, ha!" Jin said, laughing. He leaned forward in the seat, finally removed that beanie hat, and you used both hands to place the tiara on his head.

 

"It was Kidoh's idea, I swear! This, too," you giggled, pulling the beautiful scarf from the bag. You wrapped it twice around Jin's neck, and there was still plenty of it left hanging down his chest. "He bought this all for you."

 

By now, you were both laughing.

 

Jin gestured at himself: tiara amongst his hair, scarf around his neck, the Disney princess card in his hand. "So now, tell me -- girls wouldn't be able to resist me if they could see me now, right?" he joked.

 

"You're a nice guy, Jin. Girls would be insane to resist you anyway," you said happily, and even though you were laughing, you were serious about what you had said.

 

Suddenly, Jin looked toward the window. Outside, the sky was already dark -- with a gentle snow falling down.

 

"Did you hear that?" Jin asked, glancing back at you.

 

Both of you listened quietly. Several moments passed, and then you heard it, too. Someone was yelling your name.

 

"It's Kidoh!" you gasped, happiness and excitement flooding you. Quickly, you forgot your sickness. You gathered all of the energy in you, rushing around to slide your shoes on, hurrying to get your arms into the sleeves of your coat.

 

Kidoh yelled your name again. He sounded breathless. You ran out the front door of the apartment, not thinking of anything but him.

 

The sky was a faded shade of gray. Tall lamplights lit the street that was beyond the parking lot -- and their white light reflecting on the piles of snow made everything glow brightly. Little flakes of snow fell soundlessly onto the yard, onto the iced-over parked cars, onto the almost empty street.

 

But indeed, the street wasn't completely empty. An excessively large pick-up truck with big snow tires was waiting there. Its driver -- whom you would later find out was Jimin, and not just some cute dude who looked super cold because he was in yet another sleeveless shirt -- leaned out his window and gave you a sly smile. His passenger -- another guy with a black bandana hanging down from under his cap like floppy dog ears -- punched him lightly on the arm. And after he punched his friend, J-Hope must have explained quickly that you were Kidoh's girlfriend, because when Jimin waved at you seconds later, the flirtiness in his facial expression had decreased by 75%. 

 

Hitched to Jimin's truck was Rap Monster's old van.

 

Kidoh was running toward you, away from the truck. He continued shouting your name as he ran -- not much caring if his voice disturbed his neighbors. You ran toward him, too -- your feet sinking down into the fallen snow with every footstep.

 

When he reached you, Kidoh placed his hands on your shoulders. He stared into your face, singing the lyrics of a song he called 'Girl Like You.' Then he wrapped his arms around you, holding you tightly against him. "I wrote that for you, baby...I wanted you to hear it today, for Valentine's...I didn't know if I would get back in time, and my phone couldn't catch a signal on the way here..."

 

Emergency officials had only allowed tow trucks, and absolutely necessary vehicles on the icy road. Apparently, Jimin's extra-large trunk with its special winter tires had been safe enough to pass, especially when acting as a tow truck. But why had this guy Jimin been willing to go on V-Day and pick up Kidoh and the guys unless...was it possible that Jin had asked Jimin to do it? Maybe Jimin had owed Jin a favor, and this was his way to pay him back. You pushed your questions and thoughts aside, gazing into your boyfriend's eyes.

 

"Oh, Kidoh, I can't believe you're here so soon," you told him, touching his face softly, one of your arms locked around his narrow torso. "I'm so glad that you're safe."

 

His eyes glowed from happiness. He ducked his head down, and kissed you on the lips. Behind him, still in the truck, Namjoon applauded loudly, Jimin excitedly honked the truck's horn multiple times, and J-Hope gave everyone a sunny smile and two thumbs up. They were making far too much noise overall, but none of you were worried about that for now.

 

Kidoh pulled his lips away after a couple of moments. He looked back at the cheering spectators who were in the truck, and then he grinned at you. "They're enjoying this too much. Let's go inside. I want to sing the whole song for you."

 

You turned around and both of you headed back to the apartment. At the window, you could see Jin's relieved face. He, too, was probably happy that his best friend was okay.

 

Not too long ago, your friend Xero had broken a cookie in half. It was like one of those halves had represented Hansol and the other half stood for B-joo. He'd enjoyed both halves. Xero was happy with having the whole cookie, so why couldn't Kidoh have the whole cookie, too? Maybe it's a good thing that he has both of us, that he has both Jin and I, you thought, glancing up at Kidoh. Then you laughed to yourself. Who am I kidding? I'm the one who's lucky to have both of them.

 

"I'd like to apologize again for getting jealous about your friends," Kidoh said as you two made it to the apartment door. He laughed, shaking his head at himself. "It was crazy to act that way. Anyway, it's not like all of your friends are guys."

 

Your eyes widened. Oh, crap. Wait, so there's Xero, and Atom, and Seogoong, and Jenissi, and Nakta, but then there's Sangdo with the cute ears, Gohn with his honey voice, Sehyuk -- who liked being called P-Goon -- with his abs you could do laundry on, not that his abs matter, and...

 

"Happy Valentine's Day, sweetheart!" you blurted out, because now was not the time to even begin explaining about all of your (male) friends.

 

Kidoh laughed at your outburst. "Happy Valentine's to you, too." He paused with his hand on the doorknob of the front door. Very gently, he said, "You know that I'm yours, don't you? I am all yours -- for as long as you're willing to put up with me."

 

"I know. And I am always yours, Hyosang," you answered, making him kiss you again as the snow fell down softly upon both of you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Ah! Oh! I finished! Yes! Thank you! LOL, but seriously, thank you to everyone who has commented, and subbed to this story. I have finally completed a Topp Dogg fic, and it was a Kidoh fic, and I'm happy. I always wanted to write about Kidoh and Jin's friendship. In the future, I hope many of you fans of Topp Dogg will write some fics for them, because it's fun :) And I don't think I said it, and even though it's over, Happy (Belated) Valentine's Day :D Once more, thank you for taking time to read this story ~