Impossible Things

Impossible Things

Taeyeon was rocking her iron chair while Tiffany sat with one foot on top of the other next to her. They were looking at the tallest member of the group doing a photo session with a famous photographer. Sooyoung was doing her best in showing her best pose, smiling wide and winking at times.

“28,” said Tiffany.

“26,” said Taeyeon.

“26? Isn’t that too soon?”

“She always say that she want to get married soon, right?”

“But she’ll be 26 next year. She can’t get married that soon. It’s impossible even for her.”

“Nothing is impossible,” Taeyeon shrugged.

Tiffany only smiled at Taeyeon’s remark and let the conversation end. The two girls looked at Sooyoung in silence again, watched the tall girl doing a y pose with her back toward the camera and she let her hair down to her chest, showing her perfectly shaped nape.

“There are always options, you know, if you really want it,” said Taeyeon all of a sudden, breaking the moment of silence between them.

“Options?”

“Like going to another country.”

“Like Holland?” Tiffany smiled.

“Sure. Or America.”

“And leave everything behind?”

“We could come back and let no one in on it. Let it be our secret.”

Tiffany cackled. “That sounds like a plan.”

Taeyeon leaned on her chair with her eyes still locked to Sooyoung’s tall figure at the end of the room. She was checking the photos after the session and it looked like she needed a reshoot.

“Do you want it?” asked Tiffany without looking at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon crossed her arms and gave the question a thought. “Sure, why not?”

Tiffany let out a small laugh. “You don’t seem too excited.”

“I don’t mind it either way as long as I’m with you,” said Taeyeon.

Tiffany turned her head and looked at the girl next to her.

“I don’t need a marriage. Being able to be close to you every day is enough for me. I can’t ask for more,” Taeyeon said. “But if you really want it, then….”

“Then we’ll go to a country where we can get married?”

“If you want it, yeah.”

Tiffany smiled. “You’re not making sense. Don’t say such impossible things.”

“Nothing is impossible, Fany-ah, nothing.”

Tiffany nodded, “If you say so.”

Sooyoung finally wrapped up her session and the assistant photographer called Taeyeon out. “Taeyeon-ssi, your turn.”

Taeyeon jumped up from her seat and took a deep breath. “Coming,” she said cheerfully.

“Taetae,” Tiffany said, stopping Taeyeon and made her turn around. “Thank you.”

“Hm? I didn’t do anything?”

“Just thank you for thinking about that,” Tiffany smiled.

Taeyeon jerked her thumb up and walked away. But then she stopped and turned to Tiffany one more time. “Actually, I think I found one impossible thing. At least for me to do.”

“What’s that?”

“To fall out of your love,” Taeyon smiled and then continued her way to the photographer’s side.

Tiffany was rendered speechless by that sentence and she couldn’t contain her happiness when Sooyoung sat on Taeyeon’s chair. She had to look down and kept her hands on her burning cheeks.

“You okay?” asked Sooyoung.

“I’m not,” said Tiffany with a very wide smile, “I have a heart condition.”

Sooyoung knocked on her head and sighed. “You two were talking y things again, weren’t you?”

Tiffany laughed. She thought to herself as to how fate had brought Taeyeon into her life and planted her so deep inside her heart to the point she could not breathe without her. What she could have possibly done in her previous life to deserve such a soul was beyond her. One thing for sure though, no matter what happen in her life, no matter what, she would never let that girl go. Never.