✦ 1 ✦

The Midnight Sun

Bgm

"Hey." Jeongmin loomed up behind Dasom and slung an arm around her shoulder. With a smug grin on his face, he rested his his head on her shoulder adoringly. "Guess who."

 

She bit her lip to restrain herself from giving out a lop-sided smile, but it was difficult. She knew he had something prepared as his mom mentioned that he has been pulling all nighters to prepare an event for her. "Let me see... Kwangmin?"

 

It was a stupid slip of the tongue. She didn't mean to mention her ex's name. But before she can even correct herself he fumed against her cheeks. He scooted away from her and folded his arms. He was devastated and soon, an awkward aura started to engulf the both of them.

 

"I didn't mean to." Dasom bit her lower lip and stammered. He took a glance of her and looked at her lovelorn side profile. He sighed wistfully and looked up at the blue sky. The wind blew and it made its way through Dasom's air, making the strands of her hair dance along with the breeze. It was cold but bearable. 

 

"You still miss him, don't you?" Jeongmin finally decided to break the silence. He turned towards her with an agonizing look painted on his face.

 

Dasom swallowed the lump stuck in . She fiddled with her fingers before finally uttering a reply. "Yeah."

 

Kwangmin was her first love, she had many firsts with him. He was her first kiss, first boyfriend, first dance partner and first prom date. It was ruthless, really. He still pops out in her dreams every now and then even though he already left her years ago. Sometimes she still questions herself why he had to be taken away at such a young age. Other than that, Dasom felt awful as she mentioned Kwangmin at such a fine day. It was her first monthsary with Jeongmin.

 

Compared to Kwangmin, Jeongmin actually sacrificed more for her. He helped to plaster the open wounds on her heart. He helped her move on and start anew though he knew that she still loves him dearly. It was a horrid reality. 

 

"Forget about him. Erase Kwangmin in your head!" Jeongmin pulled the roots of his hair due to frustration. "He already left, he's not going to come back."

 

"I know." Dasom replied in disdain, tears rolling down her rosy cheeks.

 

"You even sacrificed your darned eyes just for him. It was a waste!" Jeongmin made the situation worse by blurting out words churlish words.

 

"Stop! I don't want to hear anymore from you!" Dasom clamped her hands against her ears and bent forward to rest her head on her knees. She sobbed quietly.

 

Jeongmin strutted towards her, feeling very apologetic. He placed his arms around her and pulled her in a tight embrace. He hoped that this would hopefully wrest her away from the pain she was feeling. 

 

"I didn't mean to." He her cheeks with the back of his hand before her tear-streaked face. 

 

"Leave me alone for now. I need time to think things through." She broke free from the hug and made her back face him, she wanted to urge repentance.

 

Jeongmin was in a state of disarray. He pinned his eyebrows together, his facial muscles vibrating vigorously and his tears threatening to fall. "Alright. I'll give you time alone." He used his fist to stand up and he dragged his heavy feet away from the scene.