Final

Our First Date

After checking my phone for the billionth time, I finally received a text message from him.

Seungmi! I’m here, come out.

Then after grabbing all my things from my friend’s room I told her that Doyoon was here to pick me up, “Hey! I’m going now! Thanks for letting me stay a bit, I’ll see you next time we hang out.”

Right before heading out the front door I heard her yell to me, “Seungmi! Use protection! Be safe!”

Chuckling as I ran towards the passenger side, I opened the door to the back seat and threw my stuff onto the seats. I quickly closed the door after and he reached across and opened the passenger door open for me.

“Thanks Doyoon,” I said with a huge smile plastered on my face as I got in. “Hey what happened to your car? And whose car is this?”

“This is my Dad’s car. Remember my car died last week? I haven’t gotten it fixed yet, so I’m borrowing his car for the night,” he answered me.

“Oh well, you’re going to teach me how to drive right?” I .

“Maybe, after the night is over,” he answered sincerely.

“Really?” I asked him, shocked with excitement.

“Yeah,” he ensured, “just don’t kill us, okay?”

“Hmph. I bet you I won’t,” I snapped back.

“I’m just teasing you Seungmi,” he laughed whole-heartedly as he started the car and drove off into the main streets.

“So where are we going?” I asked him as I looked out the window.

“The movies, like we planned,” he answered.

“Alright,” I responded as we quietly drove to the cinemas.

Once we arrived in the parking lot, we finally spotted a parking space open and got out of the car.

“Why is it so packed? It’s Wednesday night,” I wondered to myself, out loud.

“Seungmi, it’s summer vacation. Of course it’s going to be packed almost every night, especially since new movies we released yesterday,” he answered me as we continued walking towards the ticket booth. After we got our tickets for the new zombie movie, we headed inside.

[A/N: It really was a zombie movie that we went to go see, yes.]

“Are you hungry or thirsty?” he asked as we were passing the snackbar.

“Nope, I already ate. Are you?” I asked him back.

“Yeah, a little bit. I’m going to go and get a drink and popcorn,” he said as he headed towards the end of the line.

“Okie dokie,” I replied as I followed him.

After waiting a couple of awkward minutes of just standing next to each other, one of his friends spotted him from the line.

“Doyoon! Hey! It’s been a while since I’ve seen you! How have you been?” this girl I didn’t know asked him as they hugged.

“I’ve been good! And you?” he answered.

Some small talk happened and then she walked away. But before she left, she eyed me a little bit and then went back to her place in the line. Then after what seemed like forever, we finally got a medium drink and popcorn. We headed inside the theater and found some seats at the top near the middle. Setting aside the drink and popcorn near him, we quickly got situated and the previews before the movie started. As the actual movie started, he nudged me.

“Seungmi,” he whispered, “come here.” He made a motion with his hands to show that he wanted me to come closer to him and so I did. Then before I knew it, we were cuddling and I was very cozy in his arms. We stayed like this during the whole movie and there were some parts where there were pop-ups, which made us both jump a bit. But in the very beginning, the first pop-up made him squeal. I had to try my best to hold in my laugh because of the people around us trying to pay attention to the movie of course.

During the movie, I kept switching positions while we were cuddling and somewhere between the middle of the movie, we ended up playing with each other’s hands and ended up holding hands while walking out of the theater.

As the movie ended and we went back to his (dad’s) car, he opened my door first before going to his side and getting in.

“So what do you want to do now?” he asked me. “Are you hungry?”

“Mm, a little bit. Do you want to go to McDonalds?” I answered.

“Sure, let’s go and then after I can teach you how to drive, yeah?” he responded.

“Are you serious?” I asked, still shocked that he’d really teach me how, let alone really let me drive his dad’s car.

“Yeah,” he said again as we went towards the closest McDonalds. “Do you want to go inside or use the drive-through?”

“We could go inside,” I suggested.

He nodded at me and continued to focus on the road until we ended up in the parking lot of McDonalds. “Alright, let’s go inside!” he shouted as we both got out of the car.

“Okay,” I said happily and walked towards the entrance.

“So what did you want to get Seungmi?” he asked as he looked at the menu on top of the cash registers.

“I think I just want a McChicken, and you?” I replied.

“I’m going to get a McChicken and a cheese burger. Probably make a Mc,” he answered and he continued to skim the menu.

“Okay, what would you like to order?” the woman at the cash register asked.

“Can I get three McChickens, a cheese burger, and two water cups please,” he ordered.

“Alright, would that be it?” she asked again.

“Yes,” Doyoon answered.

“Okay, that’ll come out to ₩7047.96,” the worker said.

“Alright,” Doyoon replied as he pulled out his wallet and handed her his money.

After we finally got our change and food, we sat down at a little table for two and ate in silence. But the silence wasn’t awkward, it was comfortable.

“So have you ever been to the Dikes before?” Doyoon asked as we both finished up eating.

“Nope, what’s that?” I asked back.

“It’s just some place on the border line of the country that a lot of seniors go out to for fun and stuff. Some go there to smoke and do fireworks and etc,” he explained.

“Oh that sounds like fun,” I answered.

“Do you want to go after I let you drive?” he suggested.

“Sure!” I replied as I got up to throw our trash away.

“Okay, let me just drive us to an empty parking lot so we don’t crash into anybody else’s car,” he teased as we got into the car. We then drove to the parking lot next to the one we were just at and he told me to go to his side of the car. As I walked over, I opened his door and waited for him to get out so I could sit down.

“What?” he asked me, faking his cluelessness.

“Are you serious?” I asked him.

“Just sit on my lap,” he suggested while chuckling.

“Hurry up and get out, it’s cold Doyoon,” I whined and pouted.

“Fine,” he said as he finally got out of the driver’s seat and moved to the passenger side.

“Yay!” I squeaked excitedly as I got into the car and touched the steering wheel.

“Now, press the brake and switch gears,” he commanded me as I was confused on what to do.

“Alright…” I said as I was trying to do this carefully.

“Okay. Now don’t push too hard on the gas pedal, but push just enough to move us,” he said.

“Alrighty,” I responded again and pushed the gas pedal. I think I pushed it too hard because we moved a little too fast, and then I kept pressing the brake so we kept jerking. Oh it was horrible, my driving was horrible. As I kind of got the hang of it, I neared a turn in the parking lot and had a little trouble with it. Doyoon ended up helping me steer as I pressed the pedals and without him holding it, we could have crashed into a fence. But we didn’t, thank the heavens. Also, I would have felt bad since this was his father’s car and not his. After a while of me trying not to kill us again, we switched back into our regular seats and decided to head towards the Dikes.

“So how far away is it from here?” I asked.

“Not that far,” he replied as he adjusted his mirrors back.

Finally, we arrived at this place that was pretty much one dirt road and a little bit of tress and lots of tall grass growing everywhere around. We ended up not driving that much farther into the trail to stay close to the entrance and just sat in the car for a while.

He got out, for some unknown reason. And then all of a sudden he ended up at my door, opening it and suggesting for me to come out as well. When I came out though, I was overwhelmed with how many stars were in the sky that night. I’ve never seen anything like it, and the silence. Oh, the silence was as peaceful as the sound of rain on a lazy day. It was magical out there. I could still feel the coldness that was surprisingly not making me cold at all, and the scent of the clean, fresh air. It was like a scene from a movie. And before I knew it, he was back-hugging me.

“Is this okay?” he asked as soon as it happened.

“Mhmm,” I answered with a slight nod and continued to gaze at the star and our surroundings.

“Do you know anything about constellations?” he asked me.

“No, not really,” I replied.

“Well, if you look up there, you can see the Big Dipper and the Small Dipper is right over there,” he explained as he pointed out more constellations. “I used to have this app on my phone that would show me exactly where every constellation was, but I think I deleted it.”

After a while, our conversation died and we just stared out into the open fields. Then he took me by surprise and turned me around, leaned my back against the car, and hugged me again.

“Is this alright?” he asked again for my approval as he looked down at me.

I nodded as I saw that he was looking not at my eyes, but at my lips.

“You know, you could stop this. Just say the word,” he said again.

“I know,” I replied.

“Are you sure you’re okay with this?” he asked one last time.

“Yes,” I whispered and then he leaned in a kissed me, slowly.

Well at first it was just a kiss, a long one. But then that one kiss turned into more slow kisses, and before I knew it, we pulled apart and he lifted me up onto the hood of the car by grabbing my before kissing me again.

Soon we pulled apart again and got into the back seat of the car.

I sat on top of his lap as we kept making out and then he stripped off my jacket that I had on as I grabbed a handful of his hair. I began to kiss his neck as he d my clothed chest and then as he began to take my shirt off, I slightly knocked his hands down with mine as a sign to tell him no. He kept trying to, but it just ended the same way. I could feel his bugle from under me and we were still in our heated moment. Finally, I pulled away and just stared at him. In my head, I was debating if he was worth it or not.

But before I could make any rash decisions, my phone started ringing. I looked to check who the caller was and turns out it was my mom.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Seungmi, where are you? When are you coming home?” she asked.

“Hi Mom, I just finished eating right now from McDonalds and I’m coming right now, why?” I lied.

“Okay, just checking up on you. Don’t be too late,” my mom warned me.

“Alright Mom bye,” I replied.

“Bye,” she responded and hung up.

“Who was that?” Doyoon asked me.

“My mom,” I answered as I pecked his lips once more.

“What’d she want?” he asked again.

“She said she wants me to come home now,” I answered, “let’s get going.”

“Alright,” he replied and carried me up out of the backseat.

As soon as we were outside and in our seats, we headed towards my house.

“I think I lost my jacket,” I told Doyoon.

“You messed up my hair,” he answered.

“Whatever,” I said as I glanced at his hair and laughed a little. “You got some hair going on.”

“It’s all because of you,” he teased and continued to drive on.

Halfway through the drive, I became sleepy and was on the verge of sleeping. Soon enough, I really did go to sleep and when we finally arrived at my house, he rubbed my arm with his hand slightly and softly to wake me up.

“Seungmi, we’re here,” he spoke softly and smiled a little.

“Thank you Doyoon, it was an amazing night,” I replied as I hugged him and got out of the car and walked towards the front door of my house.