vi

No More Princess
Luhan's apartment is located next to a bookstore, above a bakery, and overlooks a popular dog park. Jihyun thinks it's a wonderful view, despite the occasional to constant barking.
 
It was a short distance to his house, short enough to walk, but Kai still insisted he drives them.
 
Sehun and Kai walks into the apartment without a knock or indication they've arrived, and kick off their shoes at the door like they share the place. After taking off her own shoes, Jihyun hears commotion coming from the next room. Peeking around the wall and around Kai, she sees two boys bickering, the topic of the argument focusing on what food should be present. One with dark hair says to eat chips during the game, for that's usually the snack to eat for soccer. The other, with hair many shades lighter, is arguing that pizza is the traditional game food.
 
Kai shakes his head and gestures for Jihyun to follow him. By now, Jihyun has already lost sight of Sehun, considering that the two pairs of eyes which were angrily pointed at each other are now focused curiously on her.
 
"This is Luhan," Kai points to the owner of the apartment, who smiles at her and apologizes for the childish behavior Kyungsoo was displaying.
 
"You're every bit as guilty as I am." The other boy, who Jihyun assumes is Kyungsoo, retorts.
 
"What's your name?" Luhan asks, completely ignoring his friend.
 
"Jihyun,"
 
"That's a pretty name," Kyungsoo says. "How long have you been dating Kai?"
 
The question catches both Kai and Jihyun off guard.
 
"What?"
 
"Excuse me?"
 
Luhan looks at Kai accusingly. "Why didn't you tell us?"
 
"There's nothing to tell. She's my friend."
 
"Who's living with him," Sehun jumps in, surprising Jihyun.
 
"Sehun," Kai says in a tone that would make Jihyun shrink into a corner if she weren't surrounded by company.
 
"Ooooh, I see." Kyungsoo says and Luhan holds back a snicker.
 
"Guys, don't get that--"
 
Luhan cuts Kai off. "Why is she wearing your clothes?"
 
Kai sighed, "Hers were dirty."
 
"Sure," Kyungsoo says, obviously not believing a word that had come out of Kai's mouth. "Jihyun, come sit over here." He pats the empty cushion beside him. "The game's going to start soon."
 
After a quick glance at Kai, Jihyun obliges and takes the seat beside Kyungsoo.
 
"Are you a fan of soccer?" He asks her.
 
"I've never really watched it before."
 
Luhan leans forward, looking past Kyungsoo. "Just cheer when we cheer, and you'll be good."
 
Jihyun smiles and relaxes next to the two boys, "Okay."
 
 
 
As the game goes on, the boys get louder and more entertaining. Jihyun does as she was told, cheering when Luhan and Kyungsoo cheer, but gets scolded by Kai each time since that isn't the team he's rooting for. So she cheers for both teams to make it fair. When Luhan and Kyungsoo's favorite team gets a goal, the two stand and yell with their hands in fists out of victory while Kai and Sehun slump in their seats. Jihyun holds back her smile every time.
 
Now and again, Sehun or Luhan offer her some of the food they set out, and each time she takes a chip or a piece of fruit out of generosity.
 
Eventually, when the game is nearing halftime, Luhan invites Jihyun to accompany him in the kitchen to help refill some of the snack bowls.
 
"You can cut some of the fruit, and I'll get more chips and pretzles." Luhan tells her while he gets the cutting board and knife. Jihyun grabs an apple from the grocery bag in front of her and cuts it into twelve, carefully removing the core on each slice.
 
Studying her as he reaches into the cabinet for more snacks, Luhan squints his eyes. Why does she look so familiar? He doesn't remember meeting her anywhere or having any classes with her or anything, but he feels like he did and he had to have seen her somewhere.  He figures she's someone he paid a little more attention to in the store or post office or something.
 
But she is definitely familiar to him and he can't figure out why.
 
Luhan shrugs it off and rips open new bags of chips and other snacks, pouring them into the crum-coated plastic bowls.
 
"So," Luhan starts, throwing the empty bags into the trash. "How did you and Kai meet, again?"
 
Just for a second, Jihyun freezes. Her knife halts right before its slice on the apple, and she swears her heart stops, before she relaxes again.
 
"Well," She racks her brain for an answer. Come on, Ji. Just something to shake his suspicions. "I accidentally spilt my groceries on him coming out the supermarket." There. Good. Just like she's seen on that one drama. That happens. Right?
 
"Did you run into him or something?" Luhan grabs an orange from the same bag and starts to peel the skin.
 
"Yeah," She smiles up at him. "I've been known to do that. Run into people."
 
"You're not the only one." Luhan returns the smile. "Sehun does the same thing."
 
"Does he?" Jihyun leans over the counter to glance at Sehun, trying to imagine him as a klutz.
 
"Mhm. He doesn't like to admit it, though."
 
In response, Jihyun smiles, and turns the conversation on him. "So then how did you two meet?"
 
"School." It's a simple, blunt answer. One that makes Jihyun think it's all he's going to say and is about to ask if that's where they all met until he continues. "He was my desk partner for two years until we switched classes. We sat with each other at lunch, though, when we didn't have the same class."
 
"How long have you been friends?"
 
"Too long." Luhan laughs and looks up when he hears his name called. "Ah, that's Kyungsoo. He gets angry when he doesn't have snacks during a game." He sighs, picks up the two bowls of food and gestures to the sink. "When you're done you can just put the knife and cutting board in there." He takes a step toward the living room and stops, turns back to Jihyun. "If, of course, you don't mind finishing? I can come back if you don't want--"
 
"I'm okay." She smiles. "I'll finish."
 
Luhan grins back. "Thank you."
 
Jihyun grabs a kiwi soon after Luhan goes back, and glances at Kai when he walks into the kitchen. Without saying a word, he walks around the counter and takes Luhan's spot next to her, picking up the half-peeled orange he left behind and continues with the job.
 
"So, you spilt your groceries on me, huh?" There's a playful tone is his voice, and Jihyun can tell he's trying not to snicker.
 
"You forgot?" She glances at him, her eyes mischevious. "It wasn't that long ago; I didn't think your short-term memory was that bad."
 
He chuckles. "I forgot until Luhan just reminded me."
 
"He's a great friend, isn't he?"
 
"Definitely."
 
watching exo's first box is a little weird because since it's like, new footage and stuff, I'm expecting them to look like they did in showtime but it's still around their wolf era! has anyone watched it yet?