001

Illusions

                Shattering. That’s all he heard. Darkness. That’s all he saw. Coldness. That’s all he felt. He was in the middle of nowhere, on the peak point of the mountain, with all but other mountains and dead trees. Everything was shattering, fading away, into the darkness. The chilly wind blew against his body, shivering. No one else but him, was here, feeling this pain of an empty world, soon going to vanish. Another harsh wind blew, throwing him off the mountain. Instead of being afraid, he was shocked. A shocked expression— turned into a confused one. There was no impact, he didn’t fall, yet. He kept on falling, into a darker, colder place. `This is like hell`. He whispered. As if on cue, he saw the ground before his eyes.

           

                “You’re safe.” He heard a soft voice, waking him up from what he thought was a painful dream, until he saw a room of nothing, but a boy with vibrant pink, plump lips, which seemed to be the only thing with color here.

           

                “Who are you?” He spoke, scared of what just happened, if it was a dream or reality.

           

                “My name is nothing of your concern. What matters is you’re alive, what’s your name, anyways?” The boy stared, fascinated by another living being.

           

                “Wait—what? My name is Mark. But, what happened to me? I thought I died?”

           

                He kneeled down, leaning closer, “you don’t remember what happened? You were falling, right before you almost died, I got you. Be thankful.” Staring in the boys eyes, he leaning closer, wanting to feel the boy’s lips.

           

                Mark didn’t move, neither did he try to stop him. He just closed his eyes, waiting for the boy’s kiss. Slowly leaning forward, as about their lips were about to touch—

 

 

            He shot up from his bed, confused of what kind of dream he just had. Mark was panting, beads of sweat dripping from his forehead. He wiped the sweat off with his arm, and the lamp from the bedside table. He had another dream... about ‘him’. No matter how many times he had a dream featuring him, he never knew his name. But, he knew his features. He memorized his pink plump lips, the captivating eyes, jet black hair, everything. Even the way he would slightly tilt his head when gazing at Mark. He always wondered if this boy actually existed. If he was in this world somewhere, somewhere near him. ‘Someday.’  Mark thought. He was determined to find this boy, to find out why he was appearing in every single dream of his, if this boy was real… and if he was having dreams about Mark too.

 

 

 


             

 

 

            Mark spent his last day attending college with triumph. Finally free of all the studying and exams, it was nice to have a break. He’d already done his packing a while ago, and moved out of his old dorm to a nice apartment, fit for a person living alone. Mark was almost done bringing all his belongings to his apartment; just one smaller box is all he had left to bring.

           

            On his way back, while walking in the parking lot, he saw a faint tall figure dart past him. He was startled, but shrugged it off and kept walking. Then it happened again. This time he felt it. He felt a hot breath of air on his neck. Mark gasped and the box plunged from his hands as he turned around, but just saw a filled lot of vehicles. He irritatingly squinted to see if there was anyone there, nothing. Scared as ƒυcĸ, he swiftly picked up the box and ran back to his apartment, locking the door.

            Mark wheezed, processing what he just saw, what he felt. It was not a normal thing for him. To experience whatever the hell that was. ‘What the ƒυcĸ was that?’ Mark settled the boxes on his clean kitchen counter, and sighed. ‘Why the first day I move in?’  He was beyond confused; it was a new apartment, unused room. He was sure that nothing bad had occurred here before. There were thousands of questions going through his mind at this moment, Mark didn’t know what to expect right now, or in the future. He was hoping this was a one-time thing. Things like what just happened around, 10-ish minutes ago was not something Mark wanted to experience again.

            But then he felt it. He felt a presence again. This time he heard a voice, a soft whisper, almost faint, saying his name. “Mark.” It called. “Mark.” He shivered. It was coming closer, he could feel it, he could hear it, the footsteps of the creature were near.

            A hand ghosted his arm, while he felt that hot breath on his neck again. Mark sharply turned around, only seeing a glimpse of the intruder, it was then gone in a blink. Was it a ghost?

 

            “Who’s there?” Mark screeched.

 

            It was here. In his room, Mark was petrified, it had only been a matter of minutes and it’s haunting him again, two paranormal events happening in the same day, same hour. He impatiently looked around the room frustrated. This has never happened in his past living spaces, is it because he was around other people? After a painful wait, Mark’s conclusion was that the ‘creature’ was finally gone. The time was half past eight. Pushing away the unusual events that happened earlier today, he said to himself that maybe it was just exhaustion from the joy of finishing college. ‘Maybe I can sleep it off’, and went to his bedroom. Just then the memories of the dreams he had… of that boy came flashing into his mind. His eyes widened. ‘That boy… he looked kind of like that that thing I saw… that creature… that ghost.’ By the time he realized that the boy he saw might be the boy of his dreams, he felt the cold breeze against his skin. The bedside lamp started flickering, and was thrown across the room, shattering the light bulb inside. Before he could do anything—

 

                “Don`t be scared.” A whisper said alongside his ear.

 

                Black.