An Arranged Marriage

That Man, My Husband?

 

"You're getting married to him next month. No excuses!" My father stated coldly, ignoring my protest and tantrums. I ran into my room and cried so hard that it felt like my chest is about to collapse.

 

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

 

 

"Yixing, you're are getting married to a girl. She's decent enough. You better treat her well or you'll get it from me!" A loud and harsh voice boomed across the Zhang family's living room.

"I'm a full grown man. Why is it that even my marriage has to be arranged by you?" Yixing protested, angry and disappointed with his father's actions and decisions.

* slap *

"You are to do as I say so. Her father is my best friend and you are to be his son-in-law. You better start showing some manners!" A hard slap went across Yixing's face, rising his anger even higher. Entering his room, he sighed and kicked his chair in disappointment.

 

 

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

 

 

A month later.

"Do you Zhang Yixing take ____________ to be your wife, your constant friend, your faithful partner and your love in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad times from this day forward?" The priest looked toward the groom waiting expectantly. The hall went quiet for some time. Yixing closed his eyes and breathed in deeply.

"I do." Came Yixing's reply. Short and tense.

"And now, do you _____________ take Zhang Yixing, to be your husband, your constant friend, your faithful partner and your love in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad times from this day forward?" The priest now turn towards the me, smiling gently.

"I.... I.. do.." I said as I cried out softly and painfully in my heart.

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." The priest nodded before closing his book and left the stage. Lifting my veil, I saw his face for the very first time. He looked okay to me but I didn't know him nor did I trust him. Gently, he leaned in and gently pecked my forehead before heading towards my lips. I shut my eyes tightly, tension building in my body. Then it came, that new feeling. That wet yet foreign feeling when our lips first meet each other. It was short, brief. When I open my eyes, he held his hand out, waiting for me to accept his, for our march out of the hall.

 

It was evening by the time we reach our new house. The house where we will begin our lives together. Things we awkward as we stepped into the house for the first time. It was well furnished and everything was prepared perfectly for our first night together. A trail of red rose petals led us both straight into the master bedroom. On the bed laid one piece of lacy night dress and a pair of new boxers. Embarrassed, Yixing turned and walked towards the windows. I sat on the bed as I took the lacy night dress and held them in my hands.

"You don't have to wear that if it makes you uncomfortable. I'll get you some other clothes." Yixing spoke from across the room. Turning back towards the bed, his eyes met mine and I looked down shyly. His voice was manly and it made me felt safe that he was being all gentle with me.

"Go and take a dip in the bath. It's been a long day.. I'll be back with your clothes." He said it encouragingly as he started to walk towards the door.

"No, it's erm... f-fine. I'll wear t-this." I stammered softly, holding his hand, stopping him from moving further. Sitting down on the bed, he sighed and ruffled his hair. I couldn't help but find him y when he did that.

"Okay, go now before the water turns cold. I'll take mine in the room next door." He stated politely and left for the bathroom in the opposite room.

 

Half an hour later, Yixing came out of the bathroom and entered the master bedroom with his new boxers and a bathrobe. Drying his hair, he looked up to see me sitting on the bed quietly, awkwardly wearing the lacy night dress that was prepared earlier. Walking slowly towards me, he kept looking at me and I had that feeling of wanting to wrap a towel around my body but I knew I had to endure it.

Sitting next to me, he placed his hands on mine and kept really quiet. Awkwardness spread across the room as we were both unsure about the next step.

* ring ring ring *

"Excuse me, ____________ah.." He reached out for his phone and sighed when he saw the number on his phone. Pressing the accept call button, he pressed the phone against his ear.

"Have you taken her? Do it nicely!" His father was asking about their progress and he went all red in embarrassment.

"Aboji! I.. W-What?" Yixing was left dumbfounded by what his father has said. He was thankful that the conversation was unheard by me.

After the conversation, he closed his phone, left it on the table before going back towards the bed. Closing his eyes, he sat silently on the bed, thinking, wondering. All emotions surfed across his body, disappointment, happiness, curiosity, desire, uncertainty. He felt like he could passed out with all the emotions rushing in and out of him.

"O-Oppa, a-are you okay?" This time, I sat beside him as I patted his back gently. It was muscular yet smooth. Shocked that I had called him oppa, he turned towards me and looked me in the eyes. I looked away shyly, partially afaid of his gaze.

"I-It's nothing. J-Just some work related s-stuffs." He smiled reassuringly but I knew deep down he was lying. As far as I am upset with our marriage, he was probably burdened by it. Yet he chose not to worry me, keeping all his problems inside.

"Aboji asked about our first night huh?" I asked softly and he looked at me, surprised.

"H-How did you know? Y-You overheard? I'm s-sorry! I..." He panicked and blushed red in embarrassment.

"It's okay, oppa. It's bound to happen. Although it's awkward, we have to try. I know you're trying so hard to make me feel comfortable. It's okay.. I hated you before this but I believe we might be able to pull through. We'll go through this together okay?" Bringing his head towards me, I ruffled his brown hair, feeling their softness for the first time. Carressing him softly, I heard him sighed and I knew he was very burdened with the situation.

"Are you sure you want to go through this?" He looked at me in the eyes and I saw it. Sincerity.

"W-We can t-try!" I stammered softly, embarrassed. Taking me into his arms, for the first time, I felt his gentle touch, as he caressed my hair softly. Our love making was gentle but it was a big step forward in our relationship. Yixing was always concern, making sure not to put too much force, afraid of breaking me, afraid of giving me pain.

"I'm sorry. That must have hurt." Yixing apologized as he carressed my face, wiping the tears from my eyes.

"Aniyo, oppa. It's fine. Thank you for being so gentle with me." I replied, giving him a smile. Somehow I was starting to like him. A little by a little. At least he's being a gentleman with his new bride.

He pulled me into his arms and I was able to feel his muscular abdomen for the first time. Soft but tough. I his chest softly, letting my fingers moved gracefully across his torso. He stopped hugging me and quietly watched what I was doing.

"You like it?" He asked surprising me with his questions. I pulled my hand away, blushing embarrassedly.

"No, it's okay." He chuckled and guided my hands back to his abdomen.

 

 

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

 

 

I awoken to find myself in Yixing's arms. He was still fast asleep. His peaceful look made me smile as I recalled our first night together. I guess marrying a stranger isn't that bad after all especially if the stranger is young, handsome and gentle as my husband, Yixing. Thank you for everything, Yixing. Let's love from now onwards! Saranghaeyo, Yixing oppa ~