Love is the Moment

Love is the Moment

tumblr_n0gjhgnKlU1se8mw7o8_500.gif

Gif not mine. Credits to owner.


"Have you ever thought about that? Isn't it just so weird?"

Daehyun looked at the book his best friend Youngjae was reading from, "What is it?"

"The red string of fate." He continued, "It says your forever internally connected to your soulmate with a red string on your pinky, isn't that so weird yet so cool?" 

Daehyun snickered, "You actually believe in those things?"

Youngjae gasped, "Of course. Can you imagine? Our soulmate is somewhere and we are forever connected to that person! She is our life!" 

Daehyun shrugged, sitting up from his chair, "What if you marry someone and find out she's not your soulmate? What happens then?" 

"Of course I'm going to marry my soulmate, Daehyun, don't be such a pessimistic person." Youngjae rolled his eyes, "Who knows, maybe ~~~~~ is your other soulmate." 

"Of course she is." He gawked, "Can't you tell we're meant for each other? We are totally combined with the red string if you believe in those things and they actually exist." 

Youngjae looked at Daehyun's pinky, "Can't really see it. Are you sure you're not lying?" Youngjae teased when he nudged Daehyun, "I'm sure you're her soulmate as well."

Daehyun stood up from his seat, "You bet I'm right."

Youngjae dusted off the dirt on his pants, "By the way, where has ~~~~~~ been? Haven't seen her in a while." 

"She said her old friend from her hometown is back so they've been hanging around. I'll see her later tonight though, so I guess I'll see how she's doing." Daehyun smiled, waving at his friend, "I'll see you tomorrow."

Youngjae nodded and waved, seeing Daehyun disappear.

`

"Sorry I'm late."

Daehyun looked at her who was wearing only jeans and a t-shirt while he was wearing a suit, "Why are you dressed like that?"

"Huh?"

"I told you to wear something fancy. We haven't seen each other in a while and I wanted to take you out, remmeber?" Daehyun questioned.

"Oh, sorry. I was so busy and late, let me go change." 

Daehyun grabbed her arm, "It's okay. We don't have time anyways, we'll be late for our reservations." As he pulled her close to her to give her a hug she took a step back.

"Okay."

He wiggled his brows, "What's wrong? Are you okay?" 

"Yeah." She whispered, looking around, "We'll be late, let's go, okay?" 

Daehyun nodded as she trotted down the streets with an unfamiliar emotion on her face.

`

"Why aren't you eating?" 

She looked up at him, surprised, "I am eating."

"You're picking your food, you never do that. Are you okay? Are you cold? Are you sick? Do you want to go back?" 

She looked down for a second, "I'm just not hungry, I'm sorry." 

Daehyun gave her a look, "What's wrong? I know something is wrong, tell me." 

She fiddled her fingers for a bit, "Daehyun, you have to tell me the truth, okay?" 

Daehyun nodded, putting down his fork a knife, "Of course, what is it?"

"Do you really love me?

He gawked and laughed, "Is that really a question? Of course I love you." 

She gave him a small smile, "You do, right?" She sighed, "Good."

"Why do you say that all of a sudden?" 

She shook her head, "I didn't finish my question." She looked up, making eye contact with him, "Do you really see me in your life? Do you see me as your soulmate?"

Daehyun cocked his head. This was what Youngjae was saying earlier. 

"Of course. I see you in my life, why do you ask that?" He swallowed hard, "Do you not see me in your future?"

She shrugged a little, "I know I love you, Daehyun. I really do. I really really love you." She looked away, "But I don't know if I actually see you in my future."

Daehyun shook his head, "Wait, what? Why do you say that? What made you think that?" 

She bit her lips, "I don't see you in my life. I don't see you anymore with me. I feel different and I hate that feeling but I can't do anything about it." 

He gribbed his hands into a fist, "Is it him?" 

She looked up startled, "What?"

"That friend of yours from hometown, is he the one making you waver?" 

"I don't know. I don't know what my feelings are towards him as well." 

"Are you cheating on me?" Daehyun questioned, pounding his fist hard on the table, "Tell me."

"No, I don't love him. Not as much as I love you." Her eyes began to tear up, "It's just that I see him in my future instead of you." She wiped them off, "We had more memories than how much me and you had." She looked down, "I don't know anymore."

"What are you trying to say?" He whispered.

"I'm saying I don't think I can go on like this anymore. I feel like I'm using you when I'm not. I love you so much, yet I don't know if I really love you. Everything is a blurr and I want to know my true feelings before I stick onto you." 

"Are we breaking up?" He whispered when she sighed.

"For now."

"For now?" He gave her a bitter laugh, "So you want me to wait when you just leave? You want me to wait for you and hope you'll come back for me when you might go to your friend?"

"It's not like that!" She said, tears welling in her eyes, "I don't want to lead you on."

"You already seem like you made up your mind in liking him more than me." He shook his head, standing up, "I'll pay for the bill." 

"Wait, Daehyun." She held onto his arm, "Please listen to me."

Daehyun forced her hands away from her, "I don't want to hear you or see you. Leave me alone." He walked until he turned back to face her, "I can't wait for you. Especially when I know you won't even come back." 

As he walked out the door, he felt the cold air slap him in the face, leaving his face numb and burned.

Running away from the restraunt he thought about what she said. It was his fault for leaving her and her hometown friend alone. He should've been there, set up the boudnaries. If only he was a little more protective and jealous maybe it wouldn't have happened.

`

As he walked inside his room, he laid his body down on the bed, closing his eyes.

His arm was over his eyes and he was breathing hard. Was everything a lie? Were they really breaking up? Would she really come back for him?

As all these questions stayed in his head, he shook his head gently and drifted off to sleep.

Daehyun opened his eyes to see her next to him. She was looking around the white filled place. Everything was white and everything was simple. He didn't see anyone but just him and her.

As he tried to talk to her, her face was faced away from him. She had a smile, but her back was facing him. As he tapped on her shoulder and tried to pull her towards him, she didn't budge.

Trying hard to get her attention, he noticed the red string on her right pinky. Seeing it, he outlines it with his fingers and follows it as it was connected to his pinky.

A smile appeared on his face when he sighed a relief. They were soulmates and Youngjae was right, there were such things.

As he smiled to himself, he looked at her left hand that was brushing her hair. Looking at her left pinky, another red string was formed.

In confusion, he looked at his right pinky to see no string whatsoever. How come she had two strings connected to her?

Looking at the string connected to her right hand, she saw a boy she was talking to. The boy that had her attention.

Gripping his hands into a fist, he tried to run towards him, giving him a punch, but failed, knowing he couldn't get close to them.

He felt their cold backs face him and he felt the tug on the string. He knew she was going away from him and he knew she was slowly disappearing.

As he stared at the red string on her right pinky, he noticed it was more stronger, thicker, and more shorter than his string with her.

Feeling the tears well in his eyes, he looks down to see a knife on the floor.

Slowly grabbing it, it was sharp. Gently facing it towards him, he looks at her one more time, praying that the knife wouldn't cut the string.

Going gently towards the string, he gently touches it as she string lifelessly falls on the floor.

As it fell, he saw her finally run away from him, further and further away.

Seeing her jump into the arms of the mysterious man, the string on her left hand slowly disappear and the string on his dead on the floor.

Grabbing the red string on the floor, he felt the tears flow down the cheeks.

She was gone and he released her. She was his soulmate but he let her go. 

She could've been his. She could've came back and she could've still loved him if only Daehyun held onto her closer.

But he knew that she was already over Daehyun and so he let her go.

Because sometimes, love can't always be happy. Love isn't always blissful. Sometimes, hurting and sacrificing for others is also love.

And Daehyun chose to do that, because he knew that love is the moment and he knew that the moment was slowly coming near for him to break the string.

Daehyun woke up and panted, feeling the sweat roll down his forehead.

Looking at his right hand gently, he bitterly smiles to see the cutted red rop around his right pinky finger. 

"Goodbye, love."