Boss

Ice Prince

 

Love Blossom - K.Will

---

"Gotta get to the café! Quickly!" the girl said as she checked her watch constantly.

She hailed a cab and hopped in, frantically ordering the driver to get to the café. The cab skidded to a stop, tires squeaking as the man panted. Joo Heerin, our lovely 20 year old protagonist, swung out some cash and headed through the door.

 

korean-coffee-culture-edited610-455-290x

 

"Heerin-ah! You're late...again!" the manager echoed through the storage room.

"Yah! C.A.P-oppa! Do you know how much of an Andy-seonsaengnim is?" she groaned as she massaged her shoulders. She tied the apron around her waist and kept glaring at C.A.P.

"Whatever," he scoffed.

"Sassy," she smiled.

"Be quiet and start working. My boss is visiting today and I need to show her that I didn't choose slackers for this job."

Heerin hadn't met his boss before since she had only started working at Bukkeu Coffeehouse for half a year. Mr. and Mrs. Lee would only visit every twelve months.

"You hired Chunji-oppa! All he does is sit in the bathroom fixing his hair while reading magazines," she whined as she flailed her arms in the air.

"I guess. Why does he like the bathroom so much anyway?" the older one sighed while shaking his head.

"He likes it 'cause there's a bunch of mirrors," she replied while clocking in.

"Ah, that's right."

 

Heerin's POV

After around an hour or so a middle-aged, yet tall and slim, woman had strutted in with her Louis Vuitton purse around her forearm and her Salvatore Ferregamo heels clacking noisily against the hardwood floors. She coldly took of her Gucci shades and continued strutting to the countertop.

I, on the other hand, was wiping tables when I saw her.

"Minsoo-ya!"

Her stone eyes turned into crescents as she spotted C.A.P from afar. She flaunted her pearly whites as she beckoned to my manager. Feeling curious, I decided to watch and hear their conversation from afar.

"Omo! Auntie!"

"Aigoo! How are you? Has Chunji been better? Please tell me you have some new employees! Do you have a girlfriend now?" the woman spoke endlessly.

If she's his boss, why are they so comfortable with each other? They look like mother and son.

"I'm fine and one question at a time, Auntie," he joked.

"Omo! You look so much more handsome too! Oh my!"

"Do I? Well, I've been using-- Actually, before I continue I'd like to introduce you to someone, Auntie."

Okay, that's my cue. In about 5, 4...

"Well, who is it, Minsoo?"

3, 2...

"Heerin-ah!" the old man called out.

I sped over, hurrying with my sneakers gliding against the smooth wood.

"Auntie, this is my newest employee, Heerin."

At first, I was confident in speaking to her and even bowed but for some odd reason, I froze and didn't know what to say. 

"A-A-A--"

"Omo! Are you alright?" she asked, concern filling her voice. She raised her hand to check my forehead and my neck temperature.

"Well, you don't seem to have a fever or cold," she sighed in relief.

"A-A-A--"

My hands felt clammy, my throat was going dry, and I was fidgeting with my apron. So I grabbed my order notepad and quickly jotted down some words with my bunny pencil.

"Annyeongsimnikka," she read aloud.

"Well, it's very nice to meet you erm..."

"H-H-H--" 

Even though she seemed like a nice lady, I still felt like my mind was going cloudy. If you were to ask me why I was actng this way, I'd answer truthfully saying: I don't know. Actions overtook me as I snatched out my pencil and logged in more things I wanted to say to her.

"My name is Heerin," she read aloud. In return, she smiled genuinely at me and turned back to C.A.P.

"Byunghun should be here! He's running late again," she apologized to oppa.

Byunghun? I thought.

"It's okay, Auntie. Probably with some noonas...again," he frowned as Mrs. Lee followed with the same expression on her face.

I shuffled across the whole coffeehouse to their table and leaned in to C.A.P's ear and whispered, "Who's Byunghun?"

"You'll see," he mouthed to me.

"So how is he, Auntie?" he carried out his coversation.

"Ugh! I get complaints from twenty different girls in the morning every night and day on the voicemail box. 'Oppa! We haven't even finished!' or  'Oppa! How could you?!' or 'Oppa! You left your boxers her!' Ugh! I hate those bozos!" she groaned and buried her head in her folded arms.

Twenty? I thought. What a baller...

"That's strange. Almost 80% of his women are noonas and they got the nerve to call him 'oppa'?! Stupid cougars," he wrinkled his nose in disgust.

"Yup, that's my son," Mrs. Lee huffed as she sipped on her macchiato.

I tried to continue sweeping until I heard a loud tire squeak outside the café. I whipped my head up to see the disturbance. There he was, a charming boy clad in ripped jeans, a black sweatshirt, and a beanie.

He swung his head left, making his bangs fly over to the side of his forehead. And at that moment, I saw his vein stretching out and his teeth gently graze against his lower lip. He was in such simple clothes, with such tiny actions yet I've never seen someone more handsome in my life.

"L.Joe!" C.A.P-oppa exclaimed.

"Byunghun!" Mrs. Lee called out.

"Sup."

---

(A/N: I sincerely apologize for making a very stupid chapter! I guarantee the next chapter will be better sice my first chapters are always messy and weird. Oh well... Thanks for reading! I highly doubt you did, but I hope you enjoyed! ^_^)