Chapter 1 : Meeting You

My Invisible Boy

I’m making Jongin as 23 years old, a year older than Junghee, while Jongin’s brother is 25. You probably read the foreword so you knew who Jongin’s brother is, but I will not appear him in this chapter~



Chapter 1: Meeting You

.

.

No human can through everything without mistakes

.

.

Park Junghee’s name spread around South Korea, as the best newbie doctor in Seoul hospital that had record ‘never had any patients that died on her hands’, even the patients had really severe disease. People wanted to be treated by her, with expectation to be healthy again; even not all people can be her patient since she worked inside one of the most expensive hospital in South Korea. With that elegant and classy pride of her, she felt nothing but feel burdened.

Why was she chosen this hospital in the first place? Junghee is not kind of doctor who only wanted big salary and popularity— she lived alone and she didn’t have any thoughts of getting popular— even now she is. The only reason she accepted Seoul Hospital’s invitation as a doctor here because the machines and medical technologies are two-steps forward from other hospital, and it would be a really big help for her. Lately, she regretted her choice because she can’t help anyone that actually needed to be treated.

With this reputation, all of people expect her too much. What will happen if she failed? She is just human, with limited power and too many weaknesses— even how pro she was, she will fail— sooner or later.

And now, the nightmare happened.

Junghee sat on her chair inside of her private doctor room, relaxing her tense body from everything that happened today. She felt totally exhausted and lethargic— from body until mind. Her body shouted to sleep, but her mind wondered dazed and prevented her to sleep.

She felt nothing but total jerk— total idiot that can’t do her job properly. What did people call Junghee as? ‘The shined star from medical course’, ‘the actual answer of people’s hopes’, ‘the God’s miracle’, you say?

that all.

Now she proved it wrong. She’d failed.

She sighed in frustration, as her eyes caught the data on her table— with photo and detail information about the guy she just met this afternoon. His photo must be taken months ago, since his hairstyle and color is different, but it wouldn’t decrease his attractiveness.

Kim Jongin.

This is the unlucky guy who got into accident this afternoon— when drunk guy drove his car in high speed and crashed into his body who was walking in the side of the street. He is totally unlucky, including the fact she heard from his family that tomorrow will be his final tournament for dancers— the winner will have a contract with famous company in Los Angeles, United States of America.

She sighed more. This hurt her more, knowing the fact that she can’t save him— well, he wasn’t dying, but he is in state of coma. Now, His body is really weak; even she can’t predict how long this guy will still have his heart beating. That was why, Junghee thought to stop her job for a while, focusing only for unlucky Jongin.

She took the data about Jongin inside of her grip and read it in silence. It took only a minute for her to assume about his life. He is a dancer in one of the greatest agencies in South Korea with good records, listed certificates, and many trophies. She can summarize that Jongin’s life, breath, passion, will, hope, and happiness is dancing.

Why destiny must put him in tragic situation like this? Why that he who really loves dancing, but one day before he goes up to the stage he’d been dreamed about, some stupid drunk old-man made him ended in hospital, unconscious?

She stood up, leaving the data on her table and walking outside from her room. Her prayer was heard by God, since the corridor was empty and nobody but nurses there. She just didn’t want to explain her ‘failure’ right now, because she wasn’t even in the mood for it. She just wanted to focus on Jongin, with those pride and fame.

“Good evening,” nurses politely bowed to her, even some of them were older than Junghee. They respected Junghee, as a kind and polite doctor that didn’t bother about her skills that could make her became arrogant bastard, if she wanted so.

“Good evening to you too, guys.” Junghee smiled slightly and waved to them, as the lift’s door opened. She entered the lift, but before the door was closed, she opened . “I’m sorry for everything happened in this afternoon.”

The nurses widened their eyes, totally unexpected for Junghee to say sorry for something that wasn’t her fault. They quickly ran in front of the lift, bowing for once before smiling. One of them decided to speak, “it was not your fault, songsaenim! You worked really hard!” She said, with loud tone, showing her sincerity inside of those words.

Junghee smiled lightly and bowed back. “Thank you, guys. Please go back to your jobs, you worked hard.” She said and waved to them, before the lift closed and brought her downstairs.

The loneliness inside of the lift made her sadness came back. She sighed and stared at nothing. Her mind wondered around, thinking about the Jongin’s family tears and sadness when they heard that their beloved Jongin can’t be saved and in state of coma— not knowing when he will wake up and not knowing when he will exhale his last breath— that could be anytime.

The lift dinged, making her mind came back to the body again. She walked out from the lift and walked to the Special VIP room— where unconscious patient treated since ICU will be used by lots of emergency patients. She washed her hands first; using hygienic clothes to prevent any bacteria came inside of Jongin’s room and pushed him to valley of death. She took a deep breath, before she pushed the door’s knob and entered the room.

There is nothing but machine’s sound filled in the room. Her eyes darted on the body that was sleeping on the bed. She closed the door slowly, trying not to make any sound— even though nobody will protest if that happened.

She walked closer to the soulless Jongin and stared at him for a while. His face looked like sleeping and very peaceful. His face wasn’t pale or looks sick, only looked like he was totally sleeping and will wake up soon. The doctor smiled, putting all of her courage and will into one place in her heart.

“Don’t worry,” she whispered to Jongin, but more like to herself, building up her desire. “I will try my best to help you.” She said softly, but with strong and burning desire.

She is the best newbie doctor in South Korea and giving up wasn’t written on her listed personality. She will try her best keeping him alive, even it would danger her job in Seoul Hospital. She didn’t care much about that; she just wanted to safe him.

The reason? She didn’t know herself, she just wanted to. She was sad, knowing this unlucky guy had family that loving him and he had big dream that

“Junghee-ssi,”

Her eyes widened in shock and quickly looked at Jongin. He was still sleeping there peacefully, but she definitely heard guy’s voice calling her name. She looked away and found a guy who was staring at the foggy window, using white sweater and black jeans. “I’m sorry, mister, you can’t enter this room without any—“her words stopped and she gasped, remembering the fact that the clothes he wears is the same with Jongin’s clothes when he got into accident this afternoon.

She has genius brain for nothing.

He, like he could read Junghee’s mind, turning his back slowly, wanting to show his face to her. He smiled slightly to her, after he faced Junghee directly. “Hello.” He greeted her softly.

Junghee’s eyes widened, looking at the sight in front of her with horror expression that clearly painted on her face. She blinked twice, before looking at the guy in front of her and the bed on his right side.

It’s the same.

That couldn't be..

She tried to pinch her arm lightly and blinked again, before looking up and saw the same thing she memorized minutes ago. She repeatedly pinched her arm again, this time harder and harder, until she winced in pain and realized it was just useless thing she did.

She heard that man chuckled with her action.

She looked up and saw the clear picture of the guy that stood in front of her, exactly standing in front of the foggy window and his hand used bed’s edge to support his hand. The thing that made her shocked wasn't because of his gorgeous face— not at all. Sure, he is handsome and y with his tan skin; he is also naturally handsome, without any surgery suspicion doing any surgery, since he has not-so-wide eyes and not-so-sharp nose. He is handsome— and yet, y— in his own way.  But that wasn't the thing that made Junghee shocked, since she didn't feel too interested in searching for eye candies, after all.

He smiled to her, before she realized that he wasn’t even standing.

He was floating.

It made her freaked out more, inside. It was too impossible, even after she saw this by her own eyes. She never saw this before, that was why..

“Junghee-ssi, nice to meet you.” He said and bowed politely, completely opposite from his first impression as cold and arrogant guy. He began to rub the back of his neck, shyly looking at Junghee. “Sorry for scaring you, I know you'd get shocked to see me, but I really need your help. That was why I—”

"It's okay," Junghee cut his words with confident words. As the brave girl who used to see blood from her teenage age started to stare back at the tan-skinned guy. Well, even the case is totally different, but she felt her braveness would never leave her side. She walked to the door and locked it, getting some privacy with this guy. “We got plenty of time,” she said and walked to the sofa, clearing all of her shocks she still felt. “Kim Jongin-ssi.”

Kim Jongin that supposed to be in now was standing in front of her, while she saw his other lifeless body laying on the bed.

This guy that was talking to her is his soul. He can speak to her and she can see him. Why is that? She never saw ghost even once before this, even knowing the fact that she stayed at hospital until midnight and walked alone in the hallway of mortuary room, but she never felt anything at all.

Why is that?

Her understanding about this situation is big zero out of one thousand.

Jongin smiled to her, before bowing for once. “My name is Kim Jongin.” He said in soft tone, smiling again to her shyly. “I haven’t done any direct introduction, am I?”

Junghee nodded and bowed again to him, before signing him to sit down. She quickly remembered that it is his soul— how can he sit down on the chair? “Uh— sorry, it’s my habit.” She grinned awkwardly.

Jongin laughed softly, before shaking his head. “It’s okay, Junghee-ssi. Please sit down.” He said politely and Junghee had nothing but to obey. “Once again, I’m sorry for scaring you. You can see me— I’m invisible— for short, I’m ghost.” He said and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.

“But, why?” Junghee asked and stared at him, totally pointless. “Why I can see you?”

Jongin thought for a while, building his words that will be spoken out for Junghee. But no sound came out from his troat.. There would be definitely a reason why only Junghee can see him, but he can’t tell it to Junghee— he can’t say it to her, yet

Junghee read his expression, and quickly shook her head, smiling to him. “Don’t worry, you don’t have to tell me about it— it wasn’t really important, anyway.” Junghee smiled with understanding, making Jongin sighed in relieve. “Well, what should I do for helping you?”

“Well, I—“ Jongin paused for a while, thinking about it for a while. “I know who wanted to kill me.” He confessed, making Junghee widened her eyes in surprised. “And I know his crime won’t end until here—“

“Wait,” Junghee stopped his words. The doctor stared at him with shocked eyes, totally disbelief with the fact that spoken out from his mouth. “Someone killed you? But everyone told me that it was accident because drunken guy didn’t—“

“No! It wasn’t! That drunken guy maybe was his errand to kill me! I’m really sure that after he extruded me, he will target my brother in no tim—“ He stopped when he felt he was too loud and over, kind of rude. He quickly bowed in apologized. “S- Sorry..”

Junghee shook her head and stared at Jongin in serious expression, totally absorbed his words. “No, no it’s okay.” She quickly answered, wanting to hear more. “Tell me more.”

Jongin sighed and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly, smiling slightly, before turned serious once again. “I have rival in my agency. I never considered him as enemy, but he always tried to repulse me from my position and pissed me off.” He told Junghee in calm voice, even inside he was growling loud because of his memory. “He used every tactic to drop me out— the last time, he wanted to make scandal about me girl in the club by making me drunk— but it failed since I have friend who knew it right away.” He explained and sighed, while drowning into his own thoughts.

Junghee only nodded while he was talking, making sure that she heard him and understood it. She was totally drowning in Jongin’s words, disbelieving the fact that Jongin wanted to be killed by someone.

For naïve and white Junghee, it was too cruel, only for eliminating someone to get his position so they could be the winner. She never experienced it at all, even though she knew there were some students in her previous school that hated her because she was the way younger and she is too clever.

Did I mention that Junghee used to have acceleration school since she was primary? She only spent 4 years in primary, 2 years in middle school, and 2 years in senior. She graduated from school in her age of 14 and she only used 4 years for her bachelor as doctor. After she graduated in university, at her age of 18, she immediately went to Korea University for taking master and graduated in 3 years. She mastered doctor and took invitation of Seoul Hospital as doctor in here.

That explained a lot why Junghee never felt good childhood. Her childhood filled with study and study— thanks to her parents that forced her like some kind of strict training.

But she never hates her parents, at all.

Back again, she has the kindest heart that people would never imagine.

“I’m worried about my brother. He didn’t know that his life is in danger.” Jongin confessed and looked down to the ground. “I only have you to count on.” He said awkwardly, avoiding Junghee’s eyes.

Junghee smiled and nodded in understanding. “And do you think I will just let that guy strolled freely outside after he got you like this?” She mentioned and pointed at Jongin’s soulless body on the bed. Jongin stared at her, confused. “I will search evidence of his crime and send him to the prison. I will also do something for your brother’s safety, and I will save you— you will get your beautiful life again.” She said, eyes filled with determinations and strong will of saving Jongin.

Jongin stared at her with wide eyes, suddenly his eyes looked dim and sad, but he quickly removed it and smiled awkwardly. He did his habit again— rubbing the back of his neck. “Umm— is it not too much for you?” Jongin asked in concerned, thinking he was really a burden, remembering Junghee’s status as busy doctor in ‘Number One Hospital in South Korea’.

“I prohibited any patients from now on, so I can focus on saving you. I will have lots of free time, so don’t worry.” She said and smiled, making Jongin noticed her unlimited will and desire to save him, which making his heart felt like it’d been stabbed with sharp knife.

“T, Thanks for your help, Junghee-ssi.” He said and bowed politely.

“It’s Junghee for you,” she quickly stood up and grinned. “I’m not good enough to receive your respect. I’m way younger than you.” She confessed, making Jongin’s eyes grew wide as owl. “Actually I’m a year younger than you.”

“Wow,” Jongin only can make amazed face, making Junghee laughed. He was not used hanging around girls, since he was only focused on dancing and his family— but if all the girls are same as Junghee, then it would be not bad at all. Jongin smirked, his mischievous personality as one of the maknaes out of all his friends came back without he recognized. “A year younger means ‘oppa’ for you, then.”

Junghee laughed and shook her head. “I- It would be so embarrassing! I never had anyone I had been called as ‘oppa’ before.” She confessed and hid her face behind the chair’s pillow, making Jongin laughed and her hidden childishness. “J- J- Jongin-oppa,” she murmured softly, hoping Jongin wouldn’t hear it.

Unfortunately, Jongin heard it clearly since the room only filled by their voice— only her voice if humans are the one who heard it.  “I hear it, Junghee.” He said and laughed when Junghee hid her face on the pillow again. “It’s okay; it’s not weird at all.”

Junghee took a peek from her pillow, getting ready to hide again if Jongin still laughed at her. But Jongin only smiled, which is relaxing her— without any particular reason for her to know. “Well, I will start the investigation tomorrow. Is it okay, oppa?” She asked and took her small memo inside of her pocket, writing her schedule— preventing her to forget it.

Jongin gulped his saliva, totally unexpected that Junghee will call him ‘oppa’ for real. That word, for some reason made his heart relieved and hurt slightly in the same time. He nodded awkwardly, after finding Junghee was staring at him, waiting for his respond. “A- Alright. Thanks before, Junghee.” He stood, together with Junghee who was ready to leave the room.

“Don’t mind it much,” she said in soft voice, totally sincere with her words. She waved to Jongin, before went outside straightly, without looking back at Jongin at all.

Jongin stared at the empty door and smiled sadly. “Hyung, I know your reason for admiring this girl.” He whispered softly to himself and looked down at his soulless body that was fighting for keeping him alive.

Why the truth always hurts? Every truth that Jongin knew, knows, and will know was too much for him to accept it to happen.

“Body, please..” He whispered, touching his body, even his touch permeated his body and the bed at the same time. He bit his lips, trying not to cry by himself— this time without his beloved family and friends there to comfort him.

“Please stay alive a little longer..”

.

.

I’m done! I will just let lots of mysteries here. Please anticipate for the next chapter! Thanks for reading, please comments, subscribe, also upvote. Kekeke