Work Mates (Xiumin)

Palpitations

It was just another day for you to head out to office.  You had to get up early in the morning feed your pet dog, finish off a few files which you had kept aside to finish in the morning since you’re quite the procrastinator.

As hectic as it sounds, things were easier with the evolution of technology. Back then people were trying their best to invent hover crafts and what not. Well, hover crafts aren’t quite out as of yet to this day either but something similar was. A car without wheels, two wheelers except they were without wheels as well. They didn’t hover. They followed the same mechanism as bullet trains. Magnetic tracks leading to different places in various directions were available. You usually used these various modes of transport to reach your work place. But today was different. You woke up a bit too early and so you had decided to walk to work. No, work wasn’t far off. Just about two kilometers or lesser. ‘Consider this exercising since work takes up most of your free time’, you encouraged yourself.

You got ready for work. These days you didn’t have any uniform or any dressing code, but you chose to look smart rather than shabby or girly. You wore a simple cream shirt and high-waist skinnies of a deep navy blue with a blazer of color: pastel light-blue to top it off. You weren’t quite the type to wear heels and so you chose a pair of elegant, cream colored ballet flats. Your aim was to look smart yet simple. You smiled to yourself as you appreciated your reflection as you stood in front your mirror.

Grabbing your keys,  the files you were supposed to work on and you bag, you headed to work.

After walking for the most tiring fifteen of your life, you had reached the building you worked in. It stood tall and proud in front of you. Usually work would be boring. But thanks to your work mates, things are more fun. Your boss too is fun loving and calm. Everyone at work are laid back, all this thanks to modern day technology. One of your closest friends at work would be the one and only Kim Minseok. His name instantly brings a smile to your face. He’s very caring and has always been there for you, no matter what.

You finally reached your desk at the office. Dumping all your files on the table, you heaved a heavy sigh of relief. “_________! Well, aren’t you early today?” A familiar voice called out. You smiled turning to the person with that voice.  Minseok.  “Minseok! Yes. I woke up early today since I had a few files left to do.” “Oh. You look smart yet lovely as always!” You blushed at his remark, thanking him. Minseok sat at the desk right beside your own, which was rather convenient for the two of you to engage in long conversations. “Excuse me a minute” Minseok excused himself. You nodded.

You settled down at your desk to begin with the day’s work. Fifteen minutes into work and you were interrupted by a hand which was now holding out a paper cup of coffee probably from StarBucks, judging by the logo. The hand belonged to the one and only, Kim Minsek. “Oh. Minseok-ssi, you didn’t have to.” You said, smiling thankfully at him. You took hold of your cup of coffee, your fingers brushing against his. It was this small touch that triggered the glow to be seen in both your chests. Both of your faces immediately turning red. Of course, your co-workers noticed the glow and let out their encouraging comments. “I knew they’d end up together.” One said, and many other similar comments followed. Both of you smiled at each other in a shy manner. “Thank you.” You once again said, breaking the awkward silence. And Minseok snapped back into reality. “Ah… Yeah, you’re welcome” He finally replied. Minseok took his seat at his desk. Both of you were beyond happy about this whole situation.

You lazily laid your palm on your desk. Minseok noticed this and hesitantly laid his palm on top of yours, making you smile to yourself and he smiled to himself as well. “So then. How do you feel about some Italian for dinner tonight?” You asked him, after gaining courage. Yet, you were still looking at you computer screen and so was he. “Well, I have to admit. Pasta is one of my favorite dishes.” , Minseok said, indirectly agreeing to your proposal.

You smiled for the nth time that day, looking at the screen in front of you.

[A/n: I have finally decided for Minseok to be my ultimate bias, apart from Boyfriend's Jeongmin. :D and so, I'm filled with xiu feels~ I have acute writer's block since my finals are nearing by. Darn scared. But yep. I did not proof read this, it's 1 am here in Japan and fatigue is washing over me~ /yawns/. I hope you like this little drabble. Please comment, vote and subscribe. :)]