CHAPTER 07- “THUMP THUMP”

"Because It's You"

The incident kept playing on Jaebum’s head as he walked towards his assigned class.

He mentally scolds himself for wasting the opportunity to talk to her. All he did was stare at her and said her name.

‘Wow! How awesome of you Jaebum! You just threw your fat chance away. Fantastic!’ he said to his self.

He buried his face in his hands and sighed to relieve his guilt and continued to walk.

He reached for his phone at the back pocket of his jeans to check on something.

He was surprised at what he saw, “How did my phone case become PINK!” he pressed the button and screen lit up. His mouth hang wide as he looked at the wallpaper, it was Soojin’s photo, and it was Soojin’s phone.

It took him time to realize that Soojin got the wrong phone, Soojin had his phone. He smiled at himself, ‘this is fate’s work’ he thought. And now he was thinking about what to do or how to solve the problem. But wait this isn’t a problem, this is the chance he’s been waiting for. Many ideas sprang out of his mind. But he decided to take the simpliest and possible way to deal with it. He didn’t realized that he was in front of his assigned room, he stared at the wallpaper one more time and slipped the phone inside his pocket and entered the room.

The homeroom teacher, Ms.Jung, lifted her eyes from her laptop and smiled at him. “Transferee?”

“Yes.” he answered. Ms.Jung stood up and got the class’ attention. “Class, listen up we have a new student.” She nudged Jaebum “Introduce yourself young man.”

Before saying something his eyes roamed around the room, and there he spotted Soojin with an ‘OMG’ like expression but she hurriedly looked away from him. He sighed deeply and began to speak, “I’m Im Jaebum, uhh… that’s all.” The girls in the room squealed (as usual) at his short introduction. “Well then, sit wherever you are comfortable. And class please be quiet and wait for your next teacher.” After that Ms. Jung went out of the room. Jaebum found a seat at the back of Jinyoung’s seat. But before he could sit Jinyoung dragged the chair and placed it between Soojin and his chair. (So the set up was like [window]-[Soojin]-[Jaebum]-[Jinyoung]-[Jaerin]-[wall]).

Before Jaebum could protest Jinyoung pulled him “Sit here bro’, I’m Jinyoung your handsome classmate and I can be your bestfriend too, trust me I won’t bite.” Jinyoung said and stuck his hand out for a handshake which Jaebum gladly shook. And since Jinyoung talks a lot he started to introduce Jaerin  and Soojin who was throwing dagger looks at Jinyoung to make him shut up. “That girl on your left is my one and only….” Jinyoung paused at that part to see Jaebum’s reaction, well Jaebum looked at him anxiously “…cousin, Soojin” he let out a relief sigh when he heard the word ‘cousin’. ‘Good thing I’m not too late I thought that Jinyoung guy was her boyfriend.’ he thought.

“And this girl on my left is Jaerin, she acts like an ‘Ahjumma’ sometimes.” Jinyoung continued but he whispered the Ahjumma part, unfortunately Jaerin heard him and smacked his head with her book.

Then the class stopped talking when they saw Ms. Jung entering the room. She took off her glasses and spoke, “Your Math teacher can’t meet you today and we have to dismiss you early.” With that the class cheered. “But before that I have something to discuss about these people.” She took out a piece of paper from her desk. “Han Soojin, Park Jinyoung and Kim Jaerin.” The three of them gulped and looked at each other uneasily. Ms. Jung continued to speak “Someone reported to me that you were skipping classes and stayed at a café the whole afternoon even though you still have classes.” Ms. Jung stared at them. “And because of that I’m giving you punishments to make up for your violation.”

“First, Jinyoung and Jaerin will be rendering their time at the school office for a week.”

“WHAT!” they both said.

Ms. Jung ignored them and looked at Soojin, “And Soojin you will be tutoring Jaebum so that he could catch up with the lessons and show him around the school, that’s also for one week. Dismissed.” Then the class rushed out the room leaving the four of them dumbfounded, especially Soojin and Jaebum.

“Why did Ms. Jung paired me with this Ahjumma, this is unfair.” Jinyoung said.

Jaerin stood up and shouted at him “Do you think I look happy being paired with an airheaded jerk.”

Jinyoung mimicked her statement and of course they began bickering (as usual XD). And began to get out of the room.

With that Jaebum took the opportunity to talk to Soojin who’s spacing out the window. “Hi. I …uhh.” He said as he scratched the back of his neck, Soojin faced him and she tried not to show emotion. “Hey. I guess w..we should start with the lesson tomorrow if that’s ok with you.” He just nod and the air filled with awkward silence.He took something from his pocket. “I think I should return this to you.” He said and handed her the phone. “What? But my phone is here how did you got--?” she said as she get the phone on her bag, she was surprised to see she had a different phone.

“That’s mine.” They said in unison, they looked at each other’s eyes and shyly laughed at the incident. They exchanged phones and phone numbers. Just then Soojin was about to leave the room Jaebum held her arm and said, “It’s nice to see you.” He smiled and went out the room first. Soojin was left inside the room, she put her hands on her chest and she felt loud ‘thump thump’ sounds. ‘Why does he make feel like this,again’. She thought.

 

 

____

Meghedd this is so late.. Sareehh.. XD

Enjoy!..