Cater To You

Cater To You (One-Shot)

Cater To You

 

-Kim YunSook’s POV-

Our class was dismissed early today. Our teacher was sent home sick, I was happy about it because I know I didn’t have to put up with these annoying people any longer. I was about to step outside the gate when I heard my ‘friends’ calling me from behind. I turned about and saw them running my way. I sighed to myself knowing another long exchanged conversation will materialize.

“YunSook, where are you heading?” Ahn, the exchanged student asked me.

“Home” I replied wanting for the conversation to die.

“You’re not going home. There’s nothing for you to do there, come with us. We’re going to the mall. Shop around; it’s my pay day today so it’s my shout.” Leeann said.

“Aniya, I really just want to go home.” I forced. I saw the look of the three girls who seems to be so interested in someone like me. Ahn, Leeann and Sooyoung were all giving me the ‘begging’ look they always give me so that I would give in. I was a heartless person but for some unknown reason these people have their way of getting deep inside of me, but they aren’t strong enough to break down my protective barrier.

I sighed then nodded my head. They all cheered with happiness and linked their arms with mine. These are the three girls who don’t want to give up when it comes to me.

A few hours later after shopping like there’s no tomorrow, the girls are finally tired. Most of the times when they were shopping I wasn’t paying any attention. They’d ask me something here and there; I’d answer but won’t prolong the conversation.

“Let’s have something to eat” Leeann suggested. The other girls nodded their heads then dragged me to wherever they wanted to eat. We sat in front of a restaurant outside near the fountain area. The girl dropped their shopping bags and sighed one by one.

“Until now you’re always so quiet around us, do you not like us that much? YunSook-unnie, we’ve been chasing after you for more 2 years now ever since you moved to our school and you still haven’t opened up to us.” Sooyoung said as I read over the notes I took at class. I get what these girls are trying to do but it’s hard to juts let your guard down, when all these horrible things had happened to you.

“Sooyoung, Leeann and Ahn, cheongmal miane, but with everything I’ve been through I don’t think trusting will be as easy as it use to be. I placed a barrier around myself for a reason not only because I want to be cruel to people but because people have been cruel to me…” I stopped before I get into details and be all emotional. I didn’t want to be weak in front of them, yes, they labeled me all these horrible things, but to be honest what the hell do they know. I closed my notebook as I stood up slowly from where I was sitting. I bowed my head in front of the girls and said “I better get going. It was really nice of you girls to ask me to come out. I had fun watching you shop your hearts out. I really just need and want to be alone.” I waved goodbye and started walking away.

As I made my exit into an alley way that leads to my house, some jerk bumped into me causing all my stuff to scatter all over the alley way.

“AISH!” I yelled frustrated.

“Miane” a deep voice said. I didn’t pay attention and picked up my stuff as fast as I could. He helped me picked up all my stuff, as he hands them to be, I snatched it off his hand and continued walking away.

‘So not my day’ I whispered to myself.

….

Arriving at an empty house is nothing new to me. As I was growing up, I would always come home and find no one home. Mum and dad are always busy going back and forth from one country to another trying to make their business grows, they don’t even remember they have a child waiting for them at home. Most of my life, I lived with my nannies but now that I am old enough to take care of myself, I just had to live on my own. Being around nannies and body guards suffocates me; this is one wish my parents granted me with.

I dropped all my stuff on the sofa and headed for the telephone.

You have no new messages” the machine notified me, as expected.

I headed upstairs to my room and shut the door. I headed for my bed and laid there for awhile. It was quiet at home like it always is. But this peace is different from what I normally have.

Until now you’re always so quiet around us, do you not like us that much? YunSook-unnie, we’ve been chasing after you for more 2 years now ever since you moved to our school and you still haven’t opened up to us.” Sooyoung’s speech continued playing in my head. It’s not that I didn’t like them, they were a bunch of nice girls but I’ve had a bunch of nice girls I trusted once, I just don’t think I’d like to go through that experience once again.

-Flashback-

“You girls better tell me who stole the answer paper from your teacher’s office. Suspension is not all you’re going to be facing if you don’t tell us the truth. We can terminate you immediately from the school.” The principal warned us.

To everyone at school, it was a surprise that; Miyoung, Chaellie, Lin were included in the high ranking students. I, on the other hand was no surprise. I’ve always been included there even though I was always fifth. But because I was in their ‘clique’ I had to be interviewed as well. Our plan was to do the ‘were-so-not-telling-you’ move.

One by one we were interviewed.

I was the last one. The girls are all finish, they were scared out of their brains, I, on the other was confident to not be scared because firstly, I didn’t do jack and secondly I didn’t need to cheat.

“All the girls have confessed on who the culprit is” The principal started. I chuckled to myself thinking maybe she was bluffing so I’d speak up.

“Then why am I still here? It’s not like I had something to do with it.” I told her as I slowly stood up from where I was sitting. I’m never rude especially to my elders, even though my parents are never around I had nannies who are far much older than me but I don’t see why I’m still needed here.

“Sit back down Miss Kim. You have everything to do with this case.” She commanded. I turned around and stood away from her. I didn’t bother sitting down.

“What do you mean? This has nothing to do with me, why would I need those papers? I’m always part of the top ranking students. Unlike others I actually stay home and study and think about my future.” I explained trying to close the case.

“That’s not what I’ve been told. We’ve realised that there’s a few papers missing from the office of other teachers and the other subjects that you are always ranking in. The girls admitted to us that you’ve forced them to cheat and is the mastermind behind the stealing of test papers. Three girls are witnessed of this crime, I will not tolerate this kind of action in my school, I’ve spoken to your parents and they have agreed to our termination of you in our school.” She continued without hearing my explanation out.

And just like that, I was expelled.

I lost my face to that school.

I lost everything.

I lost the things that made sense to me.

I’ve realised that girls will always be girls – backstabbing little s.

Oppa, Odiya?” I asked my boyfriend who’s been missing the whole day. He didn’t reply to me when I messaged him that I got expelled from the school. He was the only one who’d believe me and will understand me.

I’m not at school anymore, I’ll just see you tonight and talk about your problem, araso?” he answered followed by a beeping sound.

I can’t believe him’ I whispered and continued wondering around the school one last time. I would remember the great memories the people here have given me.

I was about to turn to a corner when I heard giggles coming from the side of the building. I slowly made my way around only to find Miyoung’s legs wrapped around my boyfriend’s legs. I didn’t hesitate nor stood by watching them make love slowly. I stomped my way towards them and pulled Miyoung off my boyfriend. I slapped her across the face and pushed her into the ground. I pulled my ‘boyfriend’s’ hand and did the same.

“You really are a backstabbing little !” I commented and left the scene.

As I ran far, far away from them both, I bumped into someone.

“Gwenchana?” A deep voice spoke. My eyes were too blurry to see who he was; I just bowed my head and continued running away.

So not my day’ I whispered to myself as I disappear from that horrible school.

-End of Flashback-

Remembering every single detail of that horrible day just makes me want to smash someone in the face. I tried to hold the tears back as my past starts to slowly hunt me, I don’t even know why they keep happening to me. That wasn’t the first time I was ever cheated on, before going to the school I’m at, I went through a few schools – different school but same experiences. And after the last school I went to, I’ve learnt to be more careful and that’s when these barriers started to come up.

. . . .

­

-Jang Hyunseung’s POV-

“Hyung, do you really have to go to that school? Can’t we just give it to someone and let them handle it? Why must you find this girl yourself?” Dongwoon asked for the millionth times.

“Yah, you shouldn’t be asking too much questions, it’s annoying. Now get out of my way and let me finish dressing up as a school boy.” I told him and pushed him to the side, slowly.

-Flashback­-

 “AISH!” She yelled frustrated without making eye contact.

“Miane” I said as I started to pick up all her stuff. I handed her things towards her but she didn’t bother saying another word, instead of being nice and saying something she just grabbed her things off my hand and walked away. She didn’t even realised she did not only scratch a strangers hand but also she drops her school I.D. I was about to run after her but she was long gone in the alley way. I tried following her but my phone rang just as I was about to turn the corner.

Hyung, gwenchana? Odiya?” I heard Dongwoon speaking over the line.

“I’ll be back soon” I told him and hanged up. I didn’t pursue the girl any further and just walked back to the studio.

“I saw her again after many, many years” I told Yoseob.

“Who?” He asked dumbfounded.

“Kim YunSook, the girl I always wanted to see” I replied and closed my eyes.

-End of Flashback­-

. . .

“Do you really want to do this Hyunseung?” Doojoon asked. I nodded my head as I stepped outside the van.

“Be careful hyung, araso?” Dongwoon reminded. I smiled then waved goodbye.

For a day I’ll be a student just so I could find Kim YunSook, the girl of my dreams, even back when we use to go to school.

.

“Excuse me do you know where I can find Kim YunSook-shi?”  I asked one of the students who was standing outside the canteen. She nodded her head then pointed towards the field that was in front of the canteen. I bowed my head and headed for the field.

There were no students in the field, it was quite empty.

“YunSook-unnie, miane. Please just come with us this afternoon to watch ‘B2ST’ araso?” A girl said.

“Sooyoung, I don’t want to go. I told you I don’t want to go.” Another spoke.

As I slowly approached the big old shed I saw 4 girls arguing just a little, and there she was Kim YunSook.

“Excuse me, Kim YunSook-shi?” I started.

“OMO!” I heard the same voice of Sooyoung once again while starting and pointing at me.

“HYUNSEUNG OPPA!” She screamed out loud. I quickly ran to her and held closed.

“Please be quiet” I told her. She nodded her head and forced to hold her squealed. The other girls didn’t seem interested in me. I guess my disguise failed still but that’s not important.

“Can I talk to YunSook alone?” I asked the girls and in an instant Sooyoung was pulling the other girls away.

“What do you want?” YunSook asked coldly.

“I came to return this to you” I said and handed her the I.D I picked up when we bumped into each other yesterday. “You dropped it yesterday when we bumped into each other in the alley way, I wanted to return it to you safely.” I explained.

She just took the ID and planned to leave.

“Don’t you remember me? Are we always just going to bump into each other?” I asked her with her back facing me.

“Mwoh?”

“Jang Hyunseung, I was your senior back in your first school. The day they expelled you was probably the 13th times we bumped into each other at school. Jang Hyunseung, the number 1 ranking student a year above you.” I reminded her.

“Aniya, I don’t remember you.” She replied.

…..

-Kim YunSook’s POV-

“Aniya, I don’t remember you.” I lied. I remember this boy clearly; he was one of the popular ‘Oppa’ at school. He was a good dancer with a bright smile. But I don’t remember always bumping into him.

“Thank you for this, but I have to go” I said and turned around once again.

I heard his footsteps running after me. He held me by the wrist and turned me around to face him. I stared deep into his eyes as he stares deep within my soul. His stare sent tingles down my whole system. I felt like my soul was being reborn again. Like the whole world was starting to make sense again.

I tried releasing my wrist from him but the more I resisted the more he held onto me. I didn’t know what it is he wanted from me, but it was getting to me.

“YAH, this is called harassment you know!” I told him. With an instant I was under his arm, wrapped around his strong arms. His skin was so soft, and his temperature so warm and soothing. I felt like…

I don’t know what I was feeling.

Kim YunSook-shi, let me cater to you” he whispered into my ears.

And with that, tears started to fall from my eyes.

After my little incident with Hyunseung, I ended up going to ‘B2ST’s’ mall tour. He told me to go so he can prove to me that who I am now is not the girl he knows. He make it seems like he know me too well. I’ve never even had one conversation with him.

“Yun, what does Hyunseung-oppa wanted to tell you?” Leeann asked.

“I don’t know” I told her.

The show didn’t take long to start. Everything was on time. The boys did what they always do – dancing and singing. Hyunseung was really energetic today.

Their performance was over. They were having the fan-meet now. The boys looked adorable. It was probably the very first time I’ve seen/been involved/enjoyed a ‘KPOP’ related music thing. Fan-meet didn’t go for long since all the girls were behaved.

“Ne, so today is a very special day for our Hyunseung that’s why he’s been smiling so widely.” Doojoon started. Then all the guys echoed with “Woohooo”.

“Yes, today is a very special day to me. I don’t know how to explain it but today I was able to tell the girl I loved for so long that I wanted to take care of her. She changed a lot but I felt that the girl I first laid my eyes on is still deep within her. I want to find her and remind her just how beautiful she is.” Hyunseung spoke.

Every word was like tickling my body, all my hair was slowly standing up. The girls around me were murmuring things over and over again with each other. Probably can’t believe that their ‘oppa’ is actually in love.

“So tell us about her hyung” Dongwoon said.

“Oh, I was her senior at school before I became a trainee at Cube. She would always rank fifth at her class and her year. She was not only smart but she was also beautiful. She was kind, she’d always smile. I started to like her. You might call me a stalker but I’d use to leave notes, chocolates, white roses on her locker but I never had the courage to come up to her and tell her everything. I really was a coward. I always told myself I’ll protect her, so I have to tell her the truth, until she got a boyfriend…”

He stopped for awhile.

So it was him who sent the flowers, the chocolates and notes; I’ve always thought it was Jin, my ex boyfriend, that’s why we started going out.

“I lost hope but if I gave up completely it wouldn’t be love. So I tried my best to smile and watch over her. Some stuff happened to her, and her boyfriend and the day they broke up, she bumped into and didn’t realised. All she wanted to do was run away. But God must really be on my side, he allowed me to find her again. And I hope she’s listening right now.”

I hid myself from the rest of the girls trying to not get Leeann, Sooyoung and Ahn but I was stopped when Hyunseung recited the words that made me madly and deeply in love with the guy writing those notes.

“When I feel like I'm falling weak,

You take my hand and walk with me

You tell me everything's alright.

You are my shining star,

That shines so brightly in my life

You're the one always in my heart.”

 

Tears started to gush down my cheeks.

Without any thoughts or any hesitation I made my way onto the stage.

 

“Hyunseung-oppa” I called.

 

He turned my way and a smile formed.

 

“Pabo” I told him. He smiled even wider and came closer to me.

 

“I still am the fool, madly deeply in love with you” he told me then kissed me. I didn’t hear any of the girls screaming their lungs out; all I heard was the music in my heart, the other walls crashing down and his heart singing its love for me.

 

Cold, heartless, evil, isolated – those were the words they used to described me; Kim YunSook. The girl who never smiles, never talks and the girl who loves being alone, but what do they know right? In every fake smile, lays an honest smile that use to light up people’s world. I’m not your average teenage girl. I hated the ‘KPOP World’ all the girls are going crazy over. I hated music; all I ever wanted was silence. I had friends who puts up with me and tries their best to break down the wall I have put up.

Cold, heartless, evil, isolated were my definition… until one unexpected day a boy whispered to me; “Let me cater to you” – a boy called Jang Hyunseung. In an instance the wall I’ve built for many years, came crashing down right before my eyes. I was never the same again.

5 words, that’s all it took to watch me rise again from being the old cold-hearted girl I was.

..............................

A/N: 

YATA. Finally its done. After changing plots over and over again. 

It is finally done. This one's for you "ilahyouFOREVER" :)

Hope you enjoy and love it. Comment Comment. Almost there. 2 more and I can start 

my fanfic ;) I need to more girls. Just comment, give a name and we're done ;)

No profiles needed . hehe. 

`tubbyGENx3 `12.O8.11 || 9:20PM