Goodbye

Letting Go

 

 

(Text from: My Boy)

 

"Sorry I can't come, baby... I'm sick."

 

And that again is what my boyfriend, Baekhyun, texted me. New record, he's been declining me for 5 days in a row. You see, it has been weeks since our last date. I'm even more upset about the fact that he forgot our 5-month anniversary. All he has been texting me was, "Sorry, I'm sick." When I offer to take care of him, he goes "No, I don't want to be a burden to you." I usually listen to him and stay, but not today.

 

I packed some food to give him and hailed a taxi. In less than 5 minutes, I was there.

I knocked on the door. "Baek oppa?"

No one answered. I tried twice, thrice, four times, yet still—no answer. Then I remembered something. 

 

(Flashback)

"In case of emergency, use these." He game me the spare keys to his house.

"But oppa, isn't this illegal?"

"It is if it wasn't me giving it. Now go. Take it, Yura."

(End of Flashback)

 

As I opened the door, I heard a loud thud coming from upstairs.

"! I forgot that Baekhyun has a tendency to faint at random times." I silently cursed to myself. 

 

I rushed upstairs to hear a faint moan."! More Baekhyun, more!"

I barged in, and couldn't believe what I saw.

 

My best friend Haeyu was with my boy, Baekhyun.

 

Everything, all lies.

"Having fun?" 

 

[BAEKHYUN POV]

I feel the sensations kicking in.

I will eat you in a mouthful like cheese.

No, wait. That was just wrong.

 

"Oppa, won't Yura see us?"

"Shh. She won't see us unless we become loud." I said as I was reaching the .

"! More Baekhyun, more!" Haeyu let out a scream.

 

"Having fun?" 

 

Crap. I turned to my side to see Yura eyeing me with a smirk and a glare to Haeyu. "What is this? Cheating and betraying at the same time. My, shouldn't the both of you be ashamed of yourselves?"

"Listen, Yura. It's not what is looks like—" I tried to defend.

"Oh yes, hun. I believe you. But it is what it sounds like."

She brought out her phone and replayed the sounds of our obvious pleasure.

 

. I'm done for.

 

[YURA POV]

I cannot believe them. My boyfriend and my best friend, cheating behind my back.

"You guys are pieces of sh*t, and you know that, right?" I made that last remark before running out the door.

Later at home I felt nothing but water in my eyes. My trash bin was filled with tissue. No matter how much I tried, I just couldn't get over him. I tried playing Tekken, Wii Sports, and watched plenty of variety shows, but no. None of those things were enough to get him off of my system. He's still in my head. I decided to get rid of all my memories of me with him. As you guessed, goodbye cute Polaroid photos, goodbye cute couple shirts, goodbye couple rings.

I laid down in my bed feeling a tad satisfied. I deleted his number and all our photos in my phone. There is only one last thing to do in order for me to forget about him. 

 

And that is to burn every memory of him on the ground.

 

[HAEYU POV]

What have I done?! I only did this for "experimental purposes." Not to break her heart. Now I feel like a total idiot. 

"I'm so sorry, Baekhyun." 

"No, I'm sorry. I guess you may leave."

 

I tried calling Yura many times. All I hear are beeps and "the number you are calling is not available at the moment." I have no more purpose. She was the last friend I had. I guess there was nothing left to do.

 

It's the only option left. 

And it's suicide.

 

[YURA POV]

I changed my number so no one who I used to know won't call me. I've became a new person. I don't want to remember my past for it has scarred me. I'll just let them ask for my number.

Nowadays, I think I'm handling the breakup well. I successfully grew my hair and instantly became an someone popular in the internet. I'm becoming a really famous ulzzang, they say. School is just right around the corner, and I can't wait for my classmates to see my change.

 

I decided to take a walk by the bridge nearby. I have always admired the scenery there. Then, I saw someone familiar looking like she's about to jump off. 

H..ha...Haeyu?!

 

[HAEYU POV] 

Yes, I have thought about it. Wouldn't life be better without me? Wouldn't life be easier without me? 

I stood on the edge of the bridge. Ahh.. Me and Yura had a lot of memories in this bridge. I was about to jump off until..

"HAEYU! Please, don't do this." Yura screamed as she ran towards me.

"Oh. Yura, you came. I didn't even think that anyone would come. Oh well, I guess that this is goodbye." Before she got to the area I was in, I jumped off without hesitation.

Goodbye, Yura. 

Goodbye, life.

 

[YURA POV] 

"H...Haeyu.. Why?! Why did you leave me?! Why now?!" I screamed to the heavens. 

It all seemed so fast. It was like I got angry at her a whole ago. And here she is now, drowning her regrets away. 

I hate you. I hate you for making me worry much, Haeyu. 

I want you back on this planet.

 

Days after the incident, school started. I was excited to see everyone in school; mainly because I want them to see my change. But with that in mind, I also want to find Haeyu's body. She's someone important to be even if she left be behind with a terrible memory. I went in the classroom with many people in awe with my appearance.

 

"YURA! Thank God! I didn't hear from you. Why did you change your phone number?"

 

"Who the hell are you? Get off now." The man slowly lets go. "Yura, it's me, Baekhyu–"

 

"She said get off." I look behind see Yixing glaring at Baekhyun.

 

[BAEKHYUN POV]

"She said get off." Who the hell is he?

"Lay oppa, this stranger is harassing me." I am not a stranger. I am your BOYFRIEND.

"Don't worry, I'll handle this guy."

"Who are you and what's your relationship with my Yura?" I emphasized the "my" to make sure he knows his boundaries.

"I am Zhang Yixing, Yura's boyfriend."

"Yura's boyfriend" kept on repeating in my head. It all seemed to be a blur.

I led Yura to a dark corner of the school.

"You! What the hell are you do-"

 

I shut her up with a kiss. "You should remember me. Be with me. I am nothing without you."

 

"You two boys are like roses. One has no thorns and looks almost perfect, so I bought that rose. Yet, to find out, it was plastic the whole time. I found another rose. Sure, it may have thorns, but at least it's real and it is able to give out a scent. You may have the looks but you cheated on me. You lied about your loyalty. And guess when you decided to have the guts to apologize to me; a month after. Think of it Baekhyun, Lay may not have the looks, but at least he is true to his heart. I'm sorry, Byun Baekhyun, but this is goodbye." She said while leaving me with tears streaming down my face. 

 

Goodbye, Yura.