Going Crazy

Going Crazy

Daehyun-image-daehyun-36575993-500-250.g

Gif not mine. Credits to owner.


"What do you want to eat?"

He rolled his eyes, looking out of the window, putting an arm under his chin, "Whatever."

"I kind of want to eat the chicken steak with the rasberry sauce, what about you?"

He shrugged, "Whatever you're getting."

"You hate rasberries." She pointed out when he looked at her.

"I said, whatever is fine." Daehyun spat. 

She looked at him for a while, shaking her head slowly, "Can't you just act like you're happy and eating with me? I don't want to eat with you if this is the behavior you're going to act." 

"What do you want me to do?" Daehyun questioned, "I'm tired and I only had 5 hours of sleep, I told you."

"Can't you at least act happy?"

"I came here without canceling our date even though I slept for only 5 hours, isn't it the thought that counts? You always say that, so why not say that today, right now?" He asked when she slammed the menu book shut.

"I'm leaving." As she grabbed her jacket, she took her purse and sat up, brushing past Daehyun. 

He rolled his eyes, slamming his fist on the table. Looking back, he sees her leaving the restaraunt, leaving him speechless. Scoffing, he stands up and runs after her.

As she walked towards the side walk, he grabbed her arm and turned her to face him.

"Where are you going? I didn't come all the way over here to not do anything."

"Well, that's your fault." She replied, "You weren't even doing anything in the first place. I wouldn't have gotten mad if you canceled the day, there will be other days we can hang out."

"You're not going to get mad?" Daehyun laughed, "You will get mad and stay mad at me for a long time till I ask for another date and beg. That's what you always do."

"When did I do that? Sure there was a time when I didn't answer your call but that was because you forgot about the date. You didn't even let me know." She narrowed her eyes.

"Yeah, and I apologized because of that, why are you bringing up past memories? I thought we looked past it." He glared.

"You're the one bringing up past memories, Daehyun!" She yelled, looking around. "Look, there's a lot of people right now so let's continue this another day."

"Another day? So you're just going to leave and not talk about this? About how angry I feel?" 

"Angry you feel? Do you consider how angry I must feel? To finally see you after a busy schedule and come to a rude behavior from you? Don't you think I'll be mad as well? Think about it, Daehyun."

"Think about it?" Daehyun raised his hands in frustration, "Why don't you think about me? You always think of others but when it comes to me, why do you seem to forget about me? Am I that unworthy of your thoughts?" 

"Don't put words I didn't say in my mouth." She crossed her arms, "What do you want me to do? I understand how tired you are, but you should understand how I came down to see you to be approached in this rude behavior. Why can't you be happy you're with me anyways?"

"This is so frustrating." Daehyun said, messing up his hair, "You are literally killing me. What do you want me to do? Didn't I tell you I was busy, too? Why are you making it look like you're the only one busy and not me?"

"That's not what I meant!" She yelled, pulling on her hair, "You're so hard to communicate with."

"Me? You're the one saying things all by yourself. Why did I even bother to come here all nice and dressed up? Have you thought about that?" 

"What about me? I'm dressed up, too!" She said when she took a deep breath, "You know what? I'm just going to go home. Let's talk another time."

As she walked past him he just scoffed, looking back and her and kicking the floor, "This is so frustrating." He whispered as he put his hands in his pockets.

`

She sat on her bed, leaning on the wall and facing her cellphone. As she unlock and lock her phone a couple of time, she sighs when no message or call was heard from Daehyun.

She wondered if she should call and apologize first. Although it wasn't her fault, it wasn't entirely his fault either. She pulled her hair. When did everything become a competition, a fight with Daehyun?

Lookking around her room, she sees the endless pictures of her and Daehyun on the wall filled with many memories they had with each other. 

Her stuffed animals on the bed reminded her of Daehyun when he wasted $40 on the crane game to win her a small strawberry plushie. 

Sighing, she closes her eyes to go back to the day where they had the fight at the restraunt. She didn't want to remember it, but thinking about it made her feel bad and she wondered if she should apologize again, but stopped herself.

It's been three days since she last talked to  Daehyun and she didn't know if Daehyun was still mad. Although she was a little mad too, she was more worried and more sad that Daehyun wasn't with her, or the fact that she couldn't hear his voice.

Unlocking and locking her phone again, she lays down on the bed and looks at the past messages with her and Daehyun. The small conversation that didn't even have love in them anymore. It was all single answers and her mostly asking him questions while he answered with a one word text. 

Closing her phone, she closes her eyes and breathes hard. She wanted to hear his voice and she wanted to see him. 

`

Daehyun sat on the chair, rocking back and forth. Looking at the blank wall above his desk, he sighs. 

Twirling the pen between his fingers, he drops it on the table and lays his head on the cold wood. 

Checking his phone next to him, he noticed no messages or calls were made from her. He wondered if he should call first and apologize, realizing all the harsh words he had said to her three days ago, but he didn't feel like it.

He wanted her to apologize first because he hated the stereotype of guys making the first move.

But was this really  her fault? Or was it his?

He sat up, messing up his hair and sighing. He wanted to hear her voice and he wanted to see her and apologize. Maybe she was feeling the same, but then again, she might not.

Opening his phone, he looks through their old text messages, revealing a smile on his face. Their messages were always cute and they had so much things to talk about. Daehyun froze when he noticed his messages began to get shorter and shorter, just answering her questions.

Looking at them, his eyes softened, seeing her try hard to text him questions and about her day when all Daehyun replied was a one word answer or no answer in general.

As he looked through the messages more, he messes his hair more, cursing under his breath.

Closing his phone, he stands up and picks up his keys and his jacket that was hung on the coat rack. Cursing again one more time, he walks out the door.

`

Rolling on her bed, she nodded, feeling the need to call him. As she began to punch in his numbers to call him, a text was sent towards her.

Her eyes widened when she saw the contact: Daehyun.

"Come out."

As she hurridly grabbed her jacket, she ran out the doors of her house to see him leaning on his car, his hands inside his coat jacket and looking at the ground.

She gently walks towards him, feeling the tension rise between them, trying to shorten their gap.

"Did you want to see me?"

Daehyun looked up to see her. She wore sweat pants and a hoodie that she put over her head. Her hair was blowing from the wind and she stared into his eyes.

He gave her a small smile, "Yeah."

As he took a step closer she stopped him, "I'm sorry."

Daehyun stopped and looked at her, feeling the ease on his shoulders.

"I'm sorry if I came off as rude." She continued, "I just wanted to see you and it's been so long since we had a date and I'm sorry I didn't think about you beforehand. I know you're tired with work and everything but I was being selfish and thought about myself. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I just really wanted ot see you." She looked at him, "I really missed you, that's why."

Daehyun walked over to her, his left hand in his pocket as he grabbed her neck with his right hand and brought her close to him.

He patted her head with his right hand, "You don't need to apologize. I should be the one apologizing for everything I've done to you." He replied. "You tried so hard in keeping a conversation going and I ended it with one word answers. I should've thought more about what we were talking about and tried harder. I should've been happy to see you three days ago, I shouldn't have been tired, and I'm sorry."

She released herself, "It's not your fault." She muttered, "You were tired and busy, it was acceptable."

"But you were tired and busy, too." He gave her a small smile, "And I want to apologize about not realizing your problem earlier."

"What?" 

He shifted his legs, "I remember you telling me how you always think about others first and I got really mad at you because you weren't being selfish enough. I told you to think about yourself first than others because you are going to get hurt more. It's nice to think about others and be with them, but you need to take care of yourself more." 

She put her head down, "Ah, I remember."

"I was the one that got mad at you for being hurt by other people and not finding yourself, but instead, I got mad at you for thinking about yourself that day. I'm sorry I didn't realize it sooner."

"I didn't even know I thought about that. It's fine." She said when Daehyun chuckled.

"Liar."

She looked down at the floor, kicking it, "So, what is going to happen to us?"

Daehyun shrugged not leaving his eyes off of her, "I don't know, what should we do?"

"Can we, uh hug it out?" She asked, "Or is that too fast?"

"Hug it out?" Daehyun questioned when he shrugged again, "I don't know. Don't you think that's too sudden after our huge fight?"

"I see."

Daehyun laughed when he grabbed her neck again, but this time with both his hands, "I'm just kidding."

As he pulled her closer, he kissed her gently. 

"I missed you, too. A lot." 

She looked at him and gave him a blush, "You said a hug was too sudden."

"I didn't say a kiss." He wiggled his brows, "But I'm serious. I did miss you too. I thought I was going crazy."

She looked down, "Well, I guess that makes two of us."

Pulling her closer inside his coat, he hugs her tightly, "I guess we can just go crazy with each other."