Write Love on a Post-It Note

Write Love on a Post-It Note

Taemin sighed as he walked into his school. Another day of having nothing interesting happening. Taemin doesn't really talk to anyone in this school. No one has ever noticed him before. To everyone, he was just that other kid in class. That no one ever talked to. 

As he walked to his locker, he opened it up, grabbed a couple notebooks, flascards, some post it notes, and a black sharpie pen. Once he closed his locker, he started walking to his class until he bumped into someone else who was also at their locker. He dropped all of his materials and also fell to the ground, knocking down the other person with him. He rubbed his head and did a silent "ow". When he saw that all of his materials had fell, he quickly got to his knees and tried to get them all together. When he was about to reach for his post it notes and his sharpie, he saw that a hand had already grabbed it. 

Taemin looked up at the hand before looking up to see a person in front of him, or to be specific, the person that he knocked over. He stared straight into his eyes. They were pretty big. He even looked like a frog. He thought he wasn't even Korean at first, but the more he looked into his face, then more he thought he was really handsome. 

The frog-looking guy was staring at Taemin for a little bit as well. He thought Taemin was the most beautiful person he has ever seen, with his adorable face and auburn hair. When he noticed that he had been staring at him for a while, he snapped back into reality, grabbed the post it notes and the sharpie and gave it to Taemin. They both stood up and Taemin put his materials inside of his backpack. Taemin was about to say thank you, when one of the frog-looking guy's friends called out to him. 

"Hey Minho, over here!" they called out. 

Minho nodded at them then turn back to look at Taemin. Taemin reacted quickly and bowed at him for saying thanks. Minho just smiled, waved at him, and then went towards his friends. Taemin watched him leave and sighed. He wished he could've talked to Minho or at least say something to him. At least to just hear his voice. He snapped back into reality and walked towards the direstion Minho had went, only becase his class was in that direction. 

Once he reached his class, he sat at his desk quietly while taking out his materials. When he placed his notebook in the left corner of his desk, he looked towards the left and saw that Minho was sitting next to him. He had his back turned away from him because he was facing his other friends, but he still never talked. Taemin was silently admiring him from behind. Since when was Minho in his class? How come he's never noticed him before? Once the school bell had rung, everyone sat quietly in their seats once their teacher had come in. While the teacher was taking attendance, Taemin was still keeping his gaze onto Minho, who was silently looking forward. 

"Choi Minho," the teacher called out. 

"Here," Minho replied. Taemin's eyes widened when he heard his voice. It sounded so smooth to him. He wanted him to keep talking. As he started to stare at him some more, Minho turned his head to look at him. They made eye contact. Did he want to say something to him? Then he noticed everyone else in the room looking at him. 

"Lee Taemin, last call," the teacher called out. 

"H-here!" Taemin shouted while raising his hand. Everyone in the room laughed and the teacher sighed. He sulked down into his chair and was red with embarrassment. He noticed in the corner of his eye that Minho was silently chuckling to himself. He completely embarrassed himself in front of Minho! He must think Minho thinks he's a pretty weird guy. 

But he didn't know that Minho was actually chuckling about how cute he was. Not to mention that the way he speaked was also cute to him. He just wanted to give Taemin a hug. 

"Okay class. I'm going to pass out yor English test now. You have to whole period to do it." Taemin was surprised to hear his teacher say this. He had totally forgot that he had a test today! And he forgot to study! Once his teacher placed the test onto his desk, he looked through it carefully. Some of the questions he knew, but as for the rest, he couldn't even understand them! He was going to fail yet another test. 

"You may begin now." The only sound you could hear in the room were the sounds of penicls moving and tapping. EVeryone had started right away. Taemin tried his best by answering the first five questions, and once he came to one he couldn't understand, he felt ready to give. There'd be no way that he could finish this test in time. 

Minho looked over at him with a worried expression. He knew Taemin was having trouble. He looked over a little to see what qustion he was stuck on. Quickly, he reached into his backpack, grabbed out a post it note and a sharpie, wrote on it, and placed it on the corner of Taemin's desk. Taemin noticed it and read the note. 

"The answer is B." 

Taemin looked over at Minho, who was still continuing his test, and took out his own post it note and a sharpie. He wrote on it before placing it on the corner of Minho's desk without letting the teacher see. 

"Thanks, but you don't have to help me cheat. Its my fault that I didn't study." 

Taemin bubbled in the answer before moving onto the next question. He answered a few more questions before coming across another one that he couldn't understand. Suddenly, he noticed another note on the corner of his desk. 

"Its okay. It looks like you could need some help anyway. Don't worry about it. I want to do this. Let me help you. By the way, the answer is D ^-^" 

Taemin smiled a little. He looked at Minho, who was staring back at him. He smiled as well. Taemin nodded his head, letting him know that he agreed. For the next 30min, the same routine happened over and over again. Taemin would answer some questions that he already knew, he'd get stuck on one, and Minho will quietly put a sticky note on Taemin's desk, telling him the answer. This happened so fast, that they were the first ones to finish in the whole class, leaving another 20min to spare. Taemin looked at Minho again, who was quietly looking down at his desk. Taemin pulled out another post it note, wrote on it with a black sharpie, and placed it on Minho's desk. 

Minho looked up from his desk to the corner of it to read Taemin's note. 

"Thanks for helping me out. I always forget to study the day before a test, so I always fail it." 

Minho quickly wrote on another post it note and palced it on Taemin's desk. 

"No problem. If you want, I could help you study sometimes. We could meet up at the cafe down the block, that is, if you want to." 

Taemin smiled widely. He looked at Minho, who was looking at him back, and nodded his head. Minho chuckled to himself because he still thought that he was cute. For the next 20min, the two of them had a conversation about random things on what they liked and disliked, only using the post it notes and the black sharpies. Soon, once everyone had finished their test and the bell had rung for them to go to their next class, both Minho and Taemin ended up with many notes on the corer of their desks, but smiled at them. Both of them didn't throw any of them away. Instead, they put them all into their backpacks. They both stood up together and walked together to their next class, considering that somehwere in their conversation, they were comparing their schedules with each other and they had every claass with each other. How is it that they've never noticed each other before? 

Throughout the entire day, the only way Taemin and Minho had a conversation with each other, they would only use post it notes, writing on the with a black sharpie. They didn't want to risk getting caught talking and getting in trouble, so this was how they talked. Except for when they had gym. They didn't talk to each other at all during gym, but stayed near each other the whole time. Once gym was over, they'd go back to the post it notes. Even during lunch, they decided to sit with each other, and still used the notes. Taemin didn't mind that Minho was talking to him this way. He didn't even bother to ask why he did, but he didn't care. Someone in this school noticed him, and that was all he ever wanted since the beginning of the school year. 

....

A couple weeks have passed since Taemin and Minho had met each other. They still use post it notes and a sharpie to communicate, but now everyday after school, they'd go to to the cafe down the block to study with each other. Still using post it notes. Everyday, they'd run down to the store just to buy new ones, and they'd still never throw any of them away. It had become a regular thing between the two. No matter how they talked to each other, they seemed like good friends. However, Taemin didn't want to be his friend. He wanted to be more than that to Minho.

From the couple weeks he had spent with Minho, Taemin found himself falling in love with him. He knew things about Minho that no one else knew, so everything about him were things Taemin seemed to like about him. Even though they don't talk to each other, he'd be able to hear his laugh a little here and there. He loved his laugh. And he knew Minho loved his laugh as well because he told him that. Taemin found him handsome, he found him funny, he found him sweet, and he found himself falling more in love with him. 

At the end of the day, Taemin ran out of class and ran outside all the way down the block to meet up with Minho. Minho had told him the day before that he wasn't feeling well and was skipping school today, but would be well enough by the end of the day to still meet up with Taemin. 

Once Taemin reached the cafe, he stopped himself to breathe for a second. Once he catched his breath, he opened the doors only to find Minho sitting at their usual table, but also found a girl sitting on his lap. Once Taemin saw that she kissed his cheek, he started shaking. Minho noticed him, pushed her off, and stood up. He wanted to say his name, but Taemin had already ran out, having his tears run down his cheeks. He didn't want to see Minho. Not after what he just saw. But he thought he'd at least come running after him. He stopped in his tracks and stopped. He looked behind him, but he was nowhere to be seen. Taemin cried to himself some more. 

Minho doesn't even know that Taemin loves him. Taemin had a feeling that Minho didn't feel the same way about him anyway. He didn't want to talk to him anymore. He decided to stop using their post it note communication. 

As Taemin ran all the way back home, his parents were wondering what had happened, but they didn't ask him and decided to leave him alone. As Taemin ran up to his room, he flopped himself onto the bed and cried in his pillow. 

For what had seemed to be at least a couple hours of crying to him, he had finally stopped. He sat up on his bed and took a breather. Suddenly he reached into his desk drawer, and found all of Minho's post it notes that he had wrote out for Taemin. It was defnitely true. He didn't throw a single one away. Taemin thought that he might as well throw all of them away, but he doesn't even have enough energy to do that. 

Or maybe he didn't have the ability to do that. Taemin knew for a fact that he was still in love with Minho, however, he still hated him for being so oblivious towards his feelings about him. Taemin didn't want to think about it anymore. After he ate dinner, he went straight to bed until the very next day. 

...

Once Taemin got to school the next day, he quietly went straight to his classroom and sat at his desk. Before he ould put his notebook in the corner of his desk, he saw Minho stand right before him. Taemin looked into his eyes and knew something was wrong. Minho had a sad look in his eyes, and he knew he wanted to tell him something, although, Taemin still didn't want to to talk to him. Right when Minho was about to say somethin, the bell had rung and the teacher came in. Minho closed his mouth and sat down in his desk. Throughout the whole period, Minho tried communicating with him  through the post it notes, but Taemin just ignored them. He didn't even look at them. This happened through the entire day. Minho still never said a word to him, still used the post it notes, and Taemin still ignored him. 

At the end of the day, Minho finally had enough of Taemin ignoring him. He grabbed his arm and dragged him all the way to the cafe down by the block. Taemin struggled to get out of his grip, but Minho was too strong for him, so he let him drag him.

Once they sat at their usualy table, Minho ordered them both a drink from the waitress. Once the waitress disappeared, Minho took out a post it note, wrote on it with a black sharpie, and passed it to Taemin. Taemin took it from him and read it. 

"You're mad with me, aren't you?" 

Taemin's hand started to shake. He couldn't even realize that he was mad at him? He crumpled up the note in his fist and slammed his hands onto the table, making it shake. 

"Of course I'm with you! How could you not notice that?!" he screamed. Minho looked at him surprised, but didn't say a word, so Taemin kept speaking. "You're so obvlivious. I can't believe you didn't notice that I...I...I'm in love with you! For the past couple of weeks we've been hanging out, I was falling in love with you, but you never noticed! And now, just yesterday, you decide to get a girlfriend, without knowing how hurt I was to see that! Don't you even care at all?! I was crying for hours yesterday just thinking about it. I couldn't get it out of my head! I don't know what made you think you're still able to come and talk to me thinking at that everything is still gonna be okay. But things aren't gonna be the same. I hate you! I hat you for making me fall in love with you!" Taemin was screaming at the top of his lungs, the cafe was quiet, and all eyes were on him. He sat back down and cried in his hands silently. A few minuets passed and the cafe returned to its normal volume again. Minho just watched the younger cry to himself. 

The waitress came back with their drinks and politley set them on the table. Minho thanked her and she walked away. Minho stared at Taemin a little more before writing on the post it note again. He slid it to Taemin once he finally took his face away from his hands.

"There's a reason why I've been using these post it notes to talk to you. I'm sure you've noticed by now, but I don't talk at all at school, let alone at home. Its because I'm afraid that whatever I might say, it might be something bad, and I might hurt someone, but it seems that I've done the complete opposite, and I'm sorry."

Taemin wiped his cheeks with his hand. Minho passed him his banana milk that he ordered while he began writing on serveral other post it notes. Taemin drank it milk while watching Minho write. When he finally finished, he put the notes in a line to let Taemin read. 

"Please let me explain what happen yesterday before you actually mean what you said, cause I know that you don't. Before school ended, I was waiting for you here so we could study again, until and friend and his girlfriend came in. We talked for a while until you got here until my friend had to use the restroom. His girlfriend and I waited for him to come back. his girlfriend then sat on my lap and kissed my cheek, saying that liked me instead. That was when you came. When you ran out, I was going to go after you, but I didn't know if I should've. I had a feeling that you'd be mad at me. So instead I just stayed back and scolded her, and when I went home, I kept thinking about how much what you saw would've hurt you. I'm sorry." 

Taemin stared at the notes for a while before looking up at Minho again. He mouthed the words "I'm sorry" to him, still having that sad look in his eyes. Taemin nodded his head slowly in forgivness, now know the truth of what really happened. He felt stupid for accusing Minho like that. He shouldn't of done it. Not to mention that he just told him that he loved him. Taemin looked down on the table and noticed a new note. 

"What is 'love'?"

Taemin was surprised to see that Minho was asking him this question, but he couldn't let his words come out. Instead, Minho handed him a blank note and the black sharpie for him to write on. Taemin wrote quickly before giving it back to him. 

"I think love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a meaning."

Taemin blushed a little when Minho read it, but saw that he was smiling to himself. Suddenly, Minho pulled his chair closer to Taemin's and wiped the remaining tears that were left on his face. Then he cupped his face and pressed his lips against Taemin's soft, tender ones. Taemin was shocked to see Minho actually kissing him. When he pulled away, Taemin gasped for air. 

"I love you," Minho finally spoke out. The fact that Taemin was finally listening to Minho's voice and hearing him say he loved him was like music to his ears. "I've loved you ever since th first day I saw you. When I looked into your eyes, I knew you'd be the one for me. Don't think that I was too oblivious to notice you Taemin. I knew you had feelings for me. It was pretty obvious. I just couldn't find the right time to confess to you, because I wasn't too sure what love really is. I never knew what it was, until now when you told me, and you're absolutely right. Love is just a word until someone comes along and gives it a meaning. I realized that when I met you, you gave me the meaning of love. You're the meaning. And I don't wanna let you go or run off anymore. I want you to stay with me forever. So what do you say? Will you be mine?" 

Taemin could feel his tears coming back up again, but this time, they were tears of joy. Taemin wrapped his arms around his neck and kissed him, and Minho gladly kissed him back. After a long while of kissing, when Minho pulled away from air this time, Taein looked at him and smiled. 

"Yes." 

Throughout the entire school year, the two started talking outloud more often, getting more comfortable with each other each day, but still used their post it note commnication from time to time. They also met a couple of new friends that go by the name of Onew, Jonghyun, and Key. Taemin and Minho had gotten really close with the three of them. 

Taemin found out that Jonghyun and Key both loved each other secretly, but they never told each other. When Key came to Taemin for advice, he smiled and gave him a post it note and a black sharpie pen. Key asked him what he was suppose to do with it, and Taemin replied by saying to write on it. 

"What am I suppose to write on it?' Key asked. Taemin smiled again. 

"Love." 

 

------------

A/N: And thus I give you this terriblely written out one shot! I should've made it into a couple chapters though. I've been writing this for hours already xD Just this little idea I had in the back of my head. At first I planned to make this a full story with a lot of chapters, but I'm still working on another story at the moment, so I don't wanna be working on two :3 Please comment and I hope you enjoyed it! Sorry if it was a little bad though >.<