A Cinderella Story

A Cinderella Story

 

"Kids are such a waste of time."
"MOMMY!"4 year old Im YoonA yelled,holding on to her leg.Her mother snarled and shook her off.
"I can't believe I've wasted my time with these worthless brats."
"MOMMY!"YoonA began to cry.Her older sister was at school,and her father was at work.YoonA was the only one to witness her mother leave her.
"Shut up,brat!"Her mother snapped.Obviously irritated with YoonA's sobs,she slapped her daughter across the face.
"GROW UP YOU WASTE OF LIFE!"
"MOMMY!"YoonA cried even more.
"Don't "mommy" me,you baby!You;ve wasted my time and money!You have no worth at all!Look at how pathetic you are!"YoonA's mom laughed,as she sneered at her daughter.
"Now get a move on!"She snapped."You little wimp!"
Mrs.Im hitched up her bags and started to walk to the car.
"MOMMY!Please don't go!"YoonA begged,as she sobbed.She held on tightly to Mrs.Im's leg,but was kicked in the face.
"OUTTA MY WAY!"
Mrs.Im drove away leaving 4 year old Im YoonA crying in the rain.
***
12 years later
16 year old Im YoonA scrubbed the floors of the Horvejkul household.
After her mother left on that agony-filled day,they could barely keep the place afloat.YoonA and her sister,Yoon Ji,chipped in by doing jobs.Yoon Ji worked as a waitress,and YoonA was a maid.Their father was a mechanic,but most of that money went to the house.
YoonA sighed.She hated scrubbing floors.Weren't there any vaccum versions of floor scrubbers?
Meanwhile,Nichkhun Horvejkul was in his parent's office discussing his least favourite topic.
Marraige.
The Horvejkuls owned Horvejkul Academy,the most pregitous,elite school in the world.It was huge,and all of the best professors worked there.It went from 1st grade to 12th grade.
Mr and Mrs.Horvejkul were getting old and close to retirement.They wanted Nichkhun yo take over,but they knew it would cause a lot of stress.So they decided for him to get a wife before he took over,so that he wouldn't deal with it by himself.
"I don't want to get married!I'm only 18."
"We know,but you need a wife to help you with the Academy."His father explained.
"She needs to be smart and have lots of ideas."His mother added.
"I have my expectations too!I want her to be a good dancer,and she has to be opinionated."
"Don't worry son,we'll find you one."His dad assured him.
"In fact we want Horevejkul Academy to hold a dance,for the students of Gr.10,Gr.11 and Gr.12."
"A DANCE?!"
"Yes,because your wife to be a good dancer,right?"
"And during the dance you must ask them questions.You'll be wearing a mask and they won't lie since no one will know who you are,and every other guy will be asking questions too.Make sure to ask every girl.Don't miss one."
Oh boy.Nichkhun thought.
'The dance will take place tommorrow."
'TOMMORROW?!"
"Yes!We can't waste any time!Make sure to inform all boys to ask questions and everyone must wear masks."
Nichkhun sighed and called Butler Lee.
"Yes Young Master?"
"Send out invitations for the Horvejkul Academy dance.It'll be tommorrow at 9:00 pm.Guys must ask questions and masks are mandotory.This dance is for students of Gr.10,11 and 12."
"Yes young master."Butler Lee said,as he headed off to send invites.
"Now Khun,please come up with your questions.We shall approve of them tonight,over dinner.You're now dismissed."
Nichkhun got up,and groaned as soon as he left the office.He was 18.18.He was much too young.
Maybe eating will calm me down.Nichkhun thought.A nice chocolate sundae sounded appetizing.He went down the stairs but tripped over something,near the bottom.
"Ow!"He heard a female voice cry.Turning around,he saw a girl on her knees,rubbing her side.
"I'm really sorry..."Nichkhun helped the girl up."I would like to know....why were you on the floor?"
"Maid.'She replied."Umm...young master."She curtsied.
!Did I just curtsy?YoonA thought,as she scratched her head,blushing.Nichkhun chuckled and curtsied back.She was cute.
"What's your name?"
"Im YoonA,young master.'
'You coukd stop with the young master,you know.I'm-"
'Nichkhun Horvejkul."YoonA finished."Yeah,you're kinda famous,remember?'
They both laughed,awkwardly.
"So will you be going to the Horvejkul Academy dance?"
'There's a dance?"YoonA asked,confused.
'Uh.....yeah.Well my parents came up with the idea,a few minutes ago.They're sending invites.So?"
YoonA smiled weakly."Probably can't.I can't afford a dress."She explained.Nichkhun decided to change the subject.
"Do you go to Horvejkul Academy?"
'Yeah,I major in Performing Arts.I'm on scholarship."
"Really?As an actress?"
'No,a dancer."
So she could dance!Talking to YoonA was so easy.Seduction was never his forte,so he wasn't experienced with girls.
Meanwhile,YoonA felt so relaxed.She was scared of being close to people,because she had a fear of them abandoning her.But something about Nichkhun....didn't scare her.
"So what's the purpose of the dance?"
"I have to find a wife."
"Oh."A look of sympathy appeared on YoonA's face."I have a feeling you don't want to get married,do you?"
"Well,I'm only 18."Nichkhun said."There's so much more to do.Isn't there?"
"I agree."YoonA said.She looked down at the floor."Umm...I should continue cleaning."
"Oh right.Sorry for interrupting."
"Oh no,it's okay!I like talking to you."
A blush appeared on Nichkhun's cheeks.
"Thanks.I'll see you around,right YoonA-sshi?"
"Yup.Good luck Nichkhun-sshi!"
As Nichkhun strolled towards the kitchen,he thought,I'm definitely gonna need it.
***
It was the day of the dance and YoonA came back from her job,early.
She knew she couldn't go to the dance because A)She had no dress and B)her father wouldn't let her.Since her mom abandoned them,her father was extremely overprotective. 
"YOONA!!"YoonA's two best friends,Yuri and Tiffany,burst into her house.
"There's gonna be a Horvejkul Academy dance,tonight!"
Yuri and Tiffany were extremely rich,despite getting in by scholarship too.
"I can't go.I have no dress,and you know how my father is."
"Yoong....your father is working night shift,right?"
YoonA nodded.
"Great!We'll buy you a dress and we'll pick you up at 9:00 okay?"
"But-"
The two friends dragged YoonA out the door.
***
"Oooh this is nice!"
Yuri and Tiffany excitedly chattered about the piles of dreses in their hands.Since YoonA didn't go shopping often,they made a pile for her.
"Okay Yoong,time to try on!"Tiffany announced,handing YoonA a huge pile of dresses.They walked to the changeroom to try them on.
As they tried on dress,after dress,YoonA had to admit it was fun.Yuri and Tiffany picked some really outrageous ones,like,brown,neon orange,feathers,fur,tight,baggy,short,super long.YoonA laughed the whole time.
But then YoonA finally came across the perfect dress.It was pink with thin straps.
qows9h.jpgWhen she came out,Tiffany and Yuri in their chosen dresses,gasped.
"Aww....Yoongie....you look like a princess!"Yuri said.YoonA blushed."Thanks Yul.Your dress is so pretty!"Yuri was wearing a puffy black dress with a red sash.
yuri-copy1.jpg"And Fany unnie,yours is so pretty,too!"Tiffany's dress was peach,swith one strap,and tiered.
tiffany-hm.jpgYoonA thought it was one of the prettiest dress she had ever seen.
"Thanks Yoongie!!I love your dress,too.It's adorable!Now what are the prices of these dresses?"Each of them checked the tags.Let's just say,it was a lot of won.
"But....but...but..."
'NO BUTS IM YOONA!NOW YOU TAKE OFF THAT DRESS SO WE COULD PAY FOR IT!"Tiffany thundered.YoonA whimpered and quickly changed.
After they bought the dresses,they had some sushi for lunch.
"Are you sure I should go without my dad knowing?"
"IM YOONA.YOU MUST OR ELSE."
"You're 16.You need some more freedom.And besides you find Prince Charming."
***
It was the night of the dance,and YoonA had to admit;she was really excited.Her mask was pale pink like her high heels,and flower in her hair.
"YOONGIE!"Tiffany called from outside.YoonA left the houseand rode to Horvejkul Academy with her fairy godsisters.
***
Horvejkul Academy was looking more magical then ever.The girls entered the ballroom(yes,Horvejkul Academy has a ballroom),excitedly.
Nichkhun's best friend,Taecyeon was looking for a new dance partner.He noticed a pretty girl in a pink dress,and decided to ask her.
"Would you like dance?"He asked.YoonA smiled,and shyly nodded.
Taecyeon brought YoonA out onto the floor.He noticed she was a really good dancer.
"So....how do you think we could improve the academy?'
"Well...I think the fundraisers we hold shouldn't always be for school.It's already rich enough as it is.We should do some for charity.I also think we should let the first graders have peer pals with the 12th graders,so that the 1st graders could learn more about the future.And the school should have a greenhouse so that we could help the earth and supprt the students that major in enviroment."
"Those are some really good ideas."Taecyeon agreed.
"What do you think of Horvejkul Academy?"
"It's a really well-rounded school,but I think it needs to focus more on helping improve the wolrd,not just itself."
Very opinionated.Definitely Khun's type.Taecyeon thought.Soon the song ended and the two bowed and said their good byes.
Before Taecyeon could find another partner,he needed to tell Nichkhun about the girl.
Nichkhun couldn't find anyone right.They just didn't fit his ideal type.
Nichkhun watched as Taecyeon came over.
"Hey Khun,that girl in the pink dress is your type!Good dancer,opinionated,has good ideas,smart..."
Nichkhun smiled appreciatively at his best friend."Thanks."
Taecyeon smiled as he watched his friend go through the crowd.Now he needed to find a dance partner!
He looked around and spotted a pretty girl,wearing a black dress,and a black lace mask.He walked up to her.
"Can I have this dance?"
Yuri smiled the most prettiest smile he had ever seen."I'd be happy to."
Meanwhile,Nichkhun tapped the girl in the pink dress's shoulder.
"Would you like to dance?"
The girl smiled."I'd love to."
YoonA and Nichkhun started dancing.
Well,she's a good dancer.Nichkhun thought.But I'll need to know her personality!
"What are some ways we could improve the Academy?"
YoonA repeated the answer she said to Taecyeon,to Nichkhun.Nichkhun listened,agreed,and gave input.
"What do you want to become when you grow up?"
"A professional dancer.I've been practicing a lot."
Well,she's really fitting my ideal type....
"What's your ideal guy?"
"Hmm....kind,smart,funny and commmitted.Especially committed.I don't want a guy that puts his mind to something...abandons it,and expects any good would happen."
Nichkhun nodded like he understood.
"What about you?What do you expect in a girl?"
"Well,she has to be smart,kind,honest,a good dancer,and she heas to be opinionated.Girls are always afraid I would break up with them,so they never have an opinion and just agree to what I say.But how would I know how they think?It's practically the same as your personality,'
YoonA smiled,as she nodded.She totally agreed;opinions were like personalities.
"What do you think of Horevjkul Academy?"
YoonA told him the answer she told Taecyeon.Taec was right;she wasn't scared of anyone getting mad at what she thought!Definitely his type.
The two talked about their,interests,opinions,ideas and thoughts.Song after song,they danced,laughed and had a great time.Soon they got tired and went outside.The cherry blossom trees of Horvejkul Academy,had just bloomed and the petals were everywhere in the sky.It was a humid night,and white lights of the Academy lit the night.
"So tell me,what's your life story?"Nichkhun askedas they sat on a bench.
"Well...I'll tell you my childhood if you tell me your biggest secret!"
'Fine then.Come closer."YoonA leaned towards Nichkhun.
"I....want....to become.....a singer."He whispered.YoonA's eyes widened.She looked pleased.
"Then become one!Wait...you could sing,right?"Nichkhun laughed and nodded,then sang "Nothing Better."YoonA clapped when he finished.
"So why can't you become one?I mean,that's why is such a secret,right?'
"Well,I own a family business and they want me to take over."
"Oh."YoonA gave him a look of sympathy,and held his hand."But have you told your parents?Maybe a cousin can take over."
"You and I are the only ones in this world that knows."
YoonA looked sad."I'm kinda in the same predicament too.I don't know if my dream can come true.I'm pretty poor,so it's a one in a million chance.But I need to work hard.And you need to,too.Don't give up too easily,okay?"YoonA gently patted Nichkhun's hand.
"Now,if that's your secret-"
"Wait,I have another."YoonA leaned towards Nichkhun again.Nichkhun smiled,and leaned closer so that their faces were close.
"I don't know you,but....I think I'm in love with you."And before YoonA could comment,he kissed her.
YoonA's eyes widened,as she stared at the eyes behind the mask.She felt cherry blossom petals brush against her face.She closed her eyes,and smiled in the kiss.
When they pulled back,they were both pink,and smiling.
"So,what's your life story?"
"Well.....when I was 4 years old,I was in my bedroom,practicing a dance I learned in dance class.But then,I saw my mom with luggages,so I followed her.She spotted me,and told me she was leaving.Forever.
I was really confused,and she started telling me what a waste of time I was,and how useless I was.I think she left,because she didn't approve of my dream.Anyways I started crying and begging her not to leave,but she did.She left me,and my family.We could barely pay for the house,so when my sister and I became of working age,we got jobs."YoonA's tears slipped down her face,from under her mask.Nichkhun wiped the tears,and hugged her tightly.
"I'm really sorry for asking-"
"It's okay."YoonA felt comforted by the hug."I miss her a lot.Even if she doesn't love me,she's my mother and I love her.It's okay.I've moved on."
Nichkhun kissed her forehead."Don't worry.By the way my name is-"
"Oh,I have to go!"YoonA yelled jumping up.She was just getting kissed on the forehead,when she spotted her dad!HER DAD!What was he doing here?
"What do you mean?!"
"Look,I'm sorry,okay?!But I really have to go!"YoonA ran into the ballroom,and out the door.
And all she left was a shoe.
***
YoonA was freaking out.She had thrown off her shoes,one landing who-knows-where and one she almost tripped over.She needed to get home FAST.
YoonA ran a shortcut,and arrived at her house.She washed off her makeup,took a shower and got into her pajamas.Then she sat in front of the TV.
Her dad came home,a few minutes later.
"YoonA?"
Her dad looked confused."I came back from work early and I couldn't find you.Where were you?"
'Just buying some snacks."YoonA replied.Her dad sighed with relief.
"I was afraid you would run off to the Horvejkul Academy dance or something."
"There was a dance?"YoonA asked,innocently.Her father nodded."I checked there,but I should have known,you wouldn't even have known about it.Hey Yoong,I'm going to take a shower and go to bed,okay sweetie?"
YoonA nodded,keeping her eyes glued to the screen,to disguise the guilt she felt.Her father kissed her cheek,and went upstairs.
When he left,all YoonA could do was sigh,as she continued to watch Cinderella Man.
***
Meanwhile Nichkhun couldn't stay focused at the dance.It was nearly the end.
"Would you like to dance?"A tall,pretty girl dressed in a short red strapless dress asked.Nichkhun wanted to say "No.",but said "Yes" anyways.But he kept on looking at the door,hoping the girl would come back.
"Are you okay?"The girl he was dancing with asked.Nichkhun gulped,and nodded,but inside all he wanted to do was find that girl.
***
YoonA woke up in the morning to find herself,not in her bed,but in someone else's.It was a fluffy one,with silk sheets,and a fluffy blanket.It was the type that rich people would sleep in.
YoonA woke up with a start,realizing this.She looked around and found a tall,pretty girl,sitting calmly on a chair.
'WHO ARE YOU?"YoonA yelled.The girl smiled at her.
"Hello.I'm Victoria.And you're?"
"YoonA.Im YoonA."
"Well Miss.Im,I'll explain everything to you.You see,I'm the president of the NichKhun Horvejkul fanclub.So,as soon as I arrived at the dance,I knew who Nichkhun was.I planned to be the last to dance with him,so he would have my answers fresh in his brain.But-"She said,casting a mean glare at YoonA."You spent most of the dance with him.I only danced with him for 2 minutes!And so,I eventually knew that he fell for you."
YoonA looked shocked."That guy was-?!"
'Nichkhun Horvejkul.Bingo,Miss.Im."Victoria sipped her tea."Anyways,I sent one of my bodyguards to follow you home,when you left.That's why we had access to kidnapping you."
YoonA's eyes widened,as Victoria the TV.Nichkhun's face was on the screen.
'He's sending out an announcement about who the girl,a.k.a you,is.So,in order to be his wife,he wants to find the girl that A)fits your shoe size because you left your shoe there,and B)knows 2 of his secrets.That's why you're here.I need to know your shoe size and the two secrets."
YoonA raised an eyebrow."Why should I?"
Victoria smirked."Because if you do,I'll get your family a bigger house,better jobs,and a million dollars.You look like a poor girl that will help your family,so this is obviously an offer you can't refuse.So?"
YoonA gasped.This girl was willing to give her family a better life,at the cost of two secrets and her shoe size!It seemed to good to be true!But....then she would marry Nichkhun.Her prince charming.
What was she going to do?!
"Time is ticking,Miss.Im!"Victoria sang,checking her nails.YoonA thought about how hard her father,sister and herself worked.....
"I'll do it!"YoonA said.Victoria smiled.
"Great!Now please sign this contract...."
YoonA read it through 3 times before signing.
"Now,"Victoria said,snatching back the contract."What's your shoe size?"YoonA told her,her shoe size,and Victoria was thrilled to know that they had the same size.
"And the two secrets?"
"He wants to become a singer,and....."YoonA thought hard.What was the 2nd one?She thought back to the time,and a few words echoed in her head.
I don't know you,but I think I'm in love with you.
YoonA told Victoria,this.Victoria happily squealed,and drove YoonA back home,promising their deal would come true in 2 weeks.
***
Meanwhile,Nichkhun was pacing in his room when,
"Young Master,a fine lady is here to see you about the dance."Butler Lee said.Nichkhun ran to the living room.
There was a tall,pretty girl sitting on one of the chairs.She smiled brightly at Nichkhun and got up.
"I'm Victoria Song,Mr.Horvejkul."Victoria said,bowing."I came,because I'm the girl you danced with last night."
Nichkhun smiled,as they both sat down.He gestured for Butler Lee to take out the shoe.On a purple velvet pillow was the pale pink heel that YoonA wore.
Victoria smiled,confidently,as Butler Lee slipped the shoe on her foot.sure,enough,it was a perfect fit.
"Hmmm...."Nichkhun said."You may have fit the slipper,but do you know my 2 secrets?"
Victoria nodded,and beckoned him to come closer.
"You want to become a singer and,-"She leaned closer to him,and whispered,"You didn't know me,but you thought you were falling in love with me."
Nichkhun's eyes widened.Reaching into his pocket,he took out a ring.
"Victoria Song,will you marry me?"
***
YoonA changed the channel from KBS,because CFs were on.She decided to watch the news.
Nichkhun and Victoria were holding hands and waving.The headline read"Heir of Horvejkul Academy engeaged to Victoria Song!"
YoonA didn't know why,but she cried.She cried,even though no one could hear her.
1 month later.....
YoonA was in the kitchen,baking treats.It was the day of the Horvejkul-Song wedding.Even though she lived in a better house,had a lot more money,and was offered a better job,she stayed at the Horvejkul House as a maid,because she at least saw Nichkhun.Victoria banned her from seeing him,but she sometimes caught a glimpse of him,which was enough.
Victoria was getting ready in her short strapless,wedding dress when Nichkhun walked in.
"So Vic,excited about getting married?"Victoria nodded,holding up pearl earrings to her earlobes."Finally we could offically be husband and wife."
Nichkhun looked at Victoria,intently."Do you wish your mom was here?"
Victoria turned to him,confused."What do you mean?Of course she's here."
"Oh so you found her?"
'No,she was always with me."
"Really?Since when?"
"Since forever.Why wouldn't she be?I'm her daughter and she loves me."
"But...you said your mom abandonned you when you were little."
"When did I say that?"
"At the dance."
Victoria froze.Then she laughed awkwardly."Uh....you mean that mom?I meant the....umm.....stepmom..."
Nichkhun placed his hand on Victoria's arm.
"You....aren't the girl from the dance,are you?"
Victoria sighed,knowing that she lost."No."
"Then who is she?"
"Some girl named Im YoonA."
"Im YoonA?!The maid?"He remembered meeting her when he tripped over her.Victoria nodded.
"How did you find out about-?"
"I asked her about the secrets and gave her a huge house,a million dollars and a better job in return.But she still works here."
"Where?"
Victoria shrugged.
"I have to find her!!But before I do....."He called Butler Lee.
"I need to make a trip to the mall."
***
YoonA was frosting cupcakes when,
Nichkhun entered the kitchen.
YoonA squeaked nervously.OH !OH HOLY CHICKENS!HE CAN'T SEE ME!VICTORIA IS GOING TO KILL ME!YoonA covered her face with flour.
Nichkhun smirked.He knew it was YoonA.
"Umm...Miss?"He asked,innocently."Do you know a maid by the name of Im YoonA might be?"
"I...think she's helping Miss.Victoria for the wedding."YoonA replied in a high-pitched voice.
"But there is no wedding."He said,stepping closer."Because I canceled it,because I don't know Im YoonA but I think I'm falling in love with her."He wiped off some flour from YoonA's face."And I think that's you."
YoonA's eyes widened."But how did-?"
"Let's just say,she may know my secrets,but she doesn't know her own."
Nichkhun bent down,and took out a beautiful diamond ring.
"Im YoonA,I didn't know you,but I fell for you.You're a smart,opinionated girl that I hope will give me the gift of becoming your husband."
He smiled up at her.
"Im YoonA will you marry me?"
YoonA smiled.Then she whispered"Yes."
***
yoona_in_wedding_dress_23112009141509.jpA month later,it was Nichkhun and YoonA's wedding day.Nichkhun's parents loved YoonA,because she had lots of great ideas,like turning Horvejkul Academy into Horvejkul Academy of The Arts so her and Nichkhun's dreams could come true.Nichkhun had to admit;he was about to marry a genius.YoonA's dad loved Nichkhun,because of Nichkhun's constant commitment(He even waits in front of the girl's washroom,for her,when they go to a club)
 
YoonA was in her dressing room,getting ready with Tiffany and Yuri.Yuri was currently dating Nichkhun's friend Taecyeon,whom she had met at the dance.Tiffany was dating Wooyoung,another of Nichkhun's friends,who was actually a friend from her childhood.
"Well Yoong,"Yuri said."You got your Cinderella Story!"
YoonA smiled."Yeah,I guess I did."
Victoria,YoonA's other bridesmaid,came in.Despite Victoria's plan failing,YoonA kept the house and the jobs,because of the contract.According to the contract,if she was the reason Victoria's plan,didn't work,everything would be taken away.But since she wasn't,she still had her things.
At first,Victoria,hated her,but it was hard to hate YoonA.Soon they became close friends.Victoria was even dating a boy named Jinki,or Onew,as he liked to be called,
"Fany,Yul,we have to get to the altar!"Smiling at YoonA,the three girls hurried away.
YoonA sighed,as she stared at her reflection.This was it.
She was getting married.
Her father appeared at the door,and offered his arm to her.
"Shall we?"
YoonA gulped,nervously as she took her father's arm,and they walked to the altar.
Nichkhun was playing with his bowtie,when YoonA and her father entered.
And he was....breathless.
YoonA looked like the same YoonA the day he met her,at the ball,and every time he spent with her.But this YoonA....made him the happiest because of what she would become after.
YoonA and Nichkhun stood in front of each other.As they exchanged vows,Taecyeon was crying,but Yuri comforted him.Victoria smiled,proudly and Wooyoung and Tiffany kept making silly faces at each other.But nothing could ruin this moment.
"You may kiss the bride."
Nichkhun leaned down,and winked at her,before his lips met hers.Everyone cheered.
They were officially Mrs. and Mr.Horvejkul!
***
20 Years Later.....
YoonA and Nichkhun were on a picnic with their 2 5 year old twins,Yoon Ji,and Chae-Young.Taecyeon and Yuri,with their twins,Taekyung and Yuji,and Wooyoung and Tiffany,with their twins,Woo-Jin and Mi Yoon,were also there.
"Auntie Yoong!"Mi Yoon said,waddling over to YoonA."Can you tell us a story?"
'Yeah!"The rest chorused.
"I want it to have princesses!"Yuji yelled.
YoonA smiled at Nichkhun.
"Well,this story has a princess.It's like Cinderella,except different.In this one,it's not about fitting the slipper,it's about fitting the prince.I like to call it"A Cinderella Story....."
 
THE END^_^
Did it ?Yeah....I know it did....I'm sorry!I just got soooo lazy.I'm a noob.Oh....I hoped you enjoyed this one-shot!And Vic ended up with Onew!That's sweet....I don't hate the old lady....so please don't bash!Wasn't Yoong's dress pretty?Aw.....I love it!
 
                                                      user posted image