End.

Do you want to build a snowman?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hakyeon glanced out the window, a loud squeal escaping his lips as he noticed the pure white snowflakes, fluttering down, gently landing on the snow covered ground. The evergreen trees planted outside the backyard were covered with the soft snow.
Seeing that reminded Hakyeon of how his parents had to constantly scold him from attempting to chop off the tree with his plastic scissors because he always complained that he wanted a real christmas tree in the house.
Pulling his eyes away from the beautiful white sight, Hakyeon grinned cheekily to himself and skipped down the hallway to stop in front of a closed bedroom door.
"Leo?" He called out softly.
The 6 year old, dressed in casual yellow shorts, blue socks, unmatching red shoes and his favourite blue long sleeved shirt with the infamous robot toy, Rovix, on the back, stood outside the huge white door. His small hands lifted up so he could knock his knuckles against the wooden door.
"Leo?" He spoke a little louder this time, shuffling his feet against the marble floor. "Do you wanna build a snowman?"
Like always, there was no answer but Hakyeon continued to stand outside, knocking once more as he glanced out the corridor window, the excitement in him building up.
"Come on, let's go and play!" He giggled, twisting and turning the doorknob to enter the room. He pouted slightly upon the sight of  his younger brother sitting on his bed, reading a book silently. Running across the room towards him, he jumped up onto his bed and bounced eagerly on Leo's outstretched legs.
"Leeooo!" Hakyeon whined and tugged at his arm. "Let's go out and plaayy!"
Leo let out a loud sigh and a grunt, pulling Hakyeon's hand off his arm. "Go away, hyung."
"I don't want to." Came the reply as Hakyeon tugged even harder at Leo. "Why don't you want to play? Winter is amazing! And so is the snow! And everything!"
Leo decided to stay silent, shifting away from his older brother. 
Hakyeon was used to this treatment since a year ago. However, still as fragile and hurt by this, he crawled off Leo's bed and folded his arms across his chest. "We used to be best buddies....and now we're not." Pouting more than ever, Hakyeon childishly grabbed the book out of Leo's hands and tossed it aside. "I wish you would tell me why, at least..."
Leo merely glared at his hyung before speaking softly. "Just go away, hyung." 
The 6 year old scrunched up his nose and muttered an "Okay, bye." bitterly. But before he left, he grabbed a pillow and whacked Leo in the face before stomping out of the bedroom. 

Despite the rather harsh treatment from Leo and the constant rejection Hakyeon got each winter, (it happens in the summer too when Hakyeon wants to go to the beach but Leo wants to play soccer at the park instead), Hakyeon never gave up. On the 10th winter of Hakyeon's life, he stood outside Leo's bedroom like always.
Except this time, Leo managed to convince their parents to get a lock on his door so Hakyeon couldn't enter whenever he wanted to. Sighing loudly, Hakyeon knocked on Leo's door once more, hoping that his brother would open up and let him in.
"Leo?"
No answer as expected.
"Do you wanna build a snowman? Wonsik and Jaehwannie will be playing with us!" Hakyeon twiddled his fingers, the same pout from 3 years ago appeared on his face. "If it's too cold outside, we can stay indoors and ride our bikes around the halls. Our house is big enough!"
Hakyeon continued to splutter out different things, hoping that something would trigger Leo into wanting to step out of his room and hang out with his hyung like they used to when they were much younger. Still, Leo refused to come out and Hakyeon decided to not bother him the rest of that winter break.
Hakyeon had to admit it gets a little lonely- no- it gets very lonely. Both parents work in the same company (which was how they met), and usually left the house quite early in the morning and come back just in time for their mother to prepare dinner. 
This usually meant 11 hours of loneliness in total.
While waiting for his friends to come over, Hakyeon walked down the hallway, sometimes talking to the pictures on the wall. Sometimes, he stared at the family portrait of his parents and Leo and analysed each member.
Leo was about 3 years old at that time and his parents about 27 and 28, looking beautiful and handsome like always. 
Hakyeon noticed that the portrait hadn't had him in i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter