Eunhyuk? Eunhyuk?! EUNHYUK!!!

Together Forever

The next day, I felt unusually excited. I reached school early in the morning, just to ensure that I would be in school by the time Hyukjae called.

“Hey Linda!” I heard a familiar voice call out my name. “Why are you in school so early today? Normally you would only come 5 minutes before class starts. Meeting your boyfriend, huh?”

“Nonsense!” I retorted. “Yoojin-ah, do I look like I have a boyfriend already?!”

Yoojin. My best friend. She might be too straightforward at times, and appear to be very brave and undefeatable, but she actually has a really soft heart. She’s just... like an egg (a raw one, though). On the outside, she’s tough and strong, but if you try to get to know her and crack her eggshell, you’ll find that she’s actually an extremely caring, innocent and emotional girl.

“Yes? If not why would you come to school so early today? Is there something you didn’t tell me?!” she narrowed her eyes to look at me (as if I owe her a billion dollars) and puffed up her cheeks.

For some weird reason, I started stuttering, “No no no… I mean… Yes… I came to school early to return Hyukjae his…”

Before I could finish my sentence, some girls started squealing (like pigs). I looked at my, or rather, Hyukjae’s phone. It started ringing, and “Linda ♥ - Incoming call” appeared on the screen. I answered the call. “Hello?”

“Hey Linda, Hyukjae here. I’m being surrounded by fans so I don’t know if I can go find you now.”

“Oh, nevermind. It’s okay. I can wait for you in class.”

“Okay. See you in class in 15 minutes.”

He hung up before I even had the chance to say goodbye. His fans must be squeezing and squashing him too tight that he had to hang up immediately. Phew, lucky I’m not a celebrity. I couldn’t imagine being one. I wouldn’t even be able to attend school in peace. Fans would be monitoring my every little action. How scary.

“Yah, who was that?” Yoojin’s words pulled me out of my thoughts.

“Oh, it’s Hyukjae, or Eunhyuk, or whatever you call him. Super Junior’s Eunhyuk. The transfer student.” I replied.

Yoojin’s jaw dropped. “E-E-Eunhyuk?! S-Super Junior’s Eunhyuk?! How did you manage to get his number omona!!!” She started shaking me vigorously.

Oh. I forgot to mention one thing. Yoojin was, by far, the craziest Eunhyuk fan I had ever met. She bought every single Eunhyuk/Super Junior album, poster, file, handphone strap, badge, pen, keychain, bag, and whatever else there was. She would always tell me about his news every morning while I just stared at her blankly (can’t blame me, I’m not interested in him~). When Eunhyuk transferred to our school, she practically screamed until the whole neighbourhood could hear her. But when Eunhyuk really appeared, she didn’t even dare to talk to him because she was too shy.

I grabbed her shoulders. “Chill, woman! I just accidentally swapped phones with him so today I’m coming early to get back my phone and also to return him his phone!”

Okay. I shouldn’t have said that. Once I stopped talking, Yoojin dragged me to a corner of the classroom and made me tell her all about my “wonderful encounter” with Eunhyuk.

A second after the bell rang, Hyukjae arrived in class. He looked cool as usual, with not even a single strand of hair out of place. How did he manage to still look so… charming even after all the crazy fans’ “ambush”? Before I knew it, my eyes were glued to his flawless face.

He recognized me and took a seat beside me. I was flustered.

“You… You’re Linda, right?” I turned my head upon hearing his voice, his voice that sounded 100 times sweeter than normal.

“Y-Yeah! Erm, good morning!” I smiled at him.

He flashed his cute gummy smile back at me. “Morning! Oh, here’s your phone.” He reached into a pocket of his exquisite black leather jacket and placed my phone on my table.

“Thanks!” I returned him his phone. “Er, I’m not sure if you’ll mind but I saved my number inside already. You can delete it if you…”

He interrupted. “No. It’s okay.” Then he put on a cheeky smile. “Because… I saved mine inside your phone too!”

We both chuckled. It was weird how we laughed at something so lame.