Chapter 1

Secretly Away; Protecting Away

 

The soft clink of the china set softly sounded across the small café; vapors of the warm rose lemon tea clouded his eyesight despite the fact it is already clouded with nothing but a layer of thick glass in his eyes. The soft sound of the bell rang across the café, giving an acknowledgement to the workers that a customer had stepped inside the café. He didn’t lift his eyes off the orange-reddish tea as he knew who it is just by a quick whiff of the scent. It smelled like caramel. Something he used to smell at whenever he woke up in the morning or whenever he hugged someone’s waist from behind as that someone cooked him food. It is their coffee shop. Well, it was their coffee shop he guessed. No. He was sure that it was their coffee shop. He tried to make himself busy by playing with the tea cup; tracing the tip of his fingers around the lip of the cup before touching his own lips as a flash of memories went by before his eyes.

“Hyung”

“Hm?”He lifted his head, tearing his gaze away from the book in front of him and paid attention to the male beside him. “What is it?” After answering that question, he felt those plush and full lips pressed against his. He felt bliss of happiness but he slightly pout when those lips pulled away from him. “Yah. Why do you kiss me in public?” He asked him with a small frown on his lips and he just huffs before turning away and continue reading the book in front of him. “Why?” He ignored him, sulking slightly and silently but he almost dropped the book he was holding onto the table when he hears the next thing he said.

“Because I want to show you how much I love you with just a kiss to everyone”

He tried to shake it off; noticing a shadow slightly looming across the table, he knew that he couldn’t avoid this someone so he just lifted his head and looked straight into his face. “It’s been awhile” This someone says; that wonderful and dazzling smile spreads across his face as he speaks. He could only nod and smile back, a smile that covers up all of his sadness and didn’t even reach his small eyes and reply simply. “I guess you’re right” They both start a short conversation, trying to catch up to each other’s life and they just told each other that it’s going smoothly and that things are slowly getting better. However, deep inside his fragile heart, it isn’t like how he said. Things aren’t going smoothly once he is inside his chambers that are filled with memories.

After the approached male left towards the cashier to order something, he hastily drink his still warm tea before standing up and walked off to the certain door. The door that they usually would go inside, hand in hand with a smile that tells how much they love each other which that was only before. Before things happened and it is still a blur to him even after thinking and repeating that scene inside his head multiple times. He pushes his short bangs away from his sweaty forehead, thinking that it was suffocating to be inside that café with him at the same time. A broken sigh accidentally escaped his lips and he regretted doing so because he is in public and no, he doesn’t want people to see how weak he is despite the cold look and eyes that seems like to be glaring at people. And so, he left the place to head back to his home; a place that he could pour his heart out without anyone to actually judge him.

 

The light shown through the window as it is morning; perfectly landing onto his pale and fair skin that are damped with mostly his tears on his now slightly sunken cheeks. The male couldn’t help but slowly awoken from his improper sleep. He lifted his head off the pillow and rubs his eyes as he tries to rub the sleep away from it. A small groan left his throat as he felt a numbing pain on his back and that isn’t really a good sign. He already have hips problem before because of sitting down too much. He couldn’t possibly have back pain because of laying down for too long right?

It is already Wednesday and that means it is his studio day; a day where he would surround himself with papers of music sheets and drowning into the sound of the music. He groans again, climbing off the bed lazily and went to the bathroom to get freshen himself up. Once he was done, he went towards the small kitchen area and opens the fridge. He blindly grabs the butter and a jar of strawberry jam before heading to the table top to make some toast.

The male eats the toast covered butter and jam with his eyes is still closed until his phone rang. He opens those small eyes and look at the screen, noting that it was one of his coworker. He sighs as he knows what the other would say to him in the morning. Reluctantly, he picks up the call and places the phone next to his ear, grumbling a soft yet lazy morning towards him.

“Sunggyu hyung! Have you eaten yet?”

“Uhm”

“When I say eat, I mean real food. Not some food from a tin”

“I know”

“Seriously, hyung did you-“

“For god sakes, yes! I’m  eating right now. Believe it or not, toast with butter and jam!”

"Oh. Sorry hyung. You just don't really listen to people. So I'll see you at the studio okay? Seems like we have a big contract with a company"

"Contract? Someone is buying my music?"

"Yes, hyung! So hurry up! He doesn't like people being unpunctual"

"Arasso, Dongwoo ah. See you"

With that, he sighs softly and hangs up on his coworker, staring at his phone before finishing his toast. He grabs a small carton of chocolate milk before heading out of the house, his wallet, keys, phone and music sheets. Sunggyu drove his way towards his studio which is just a few kilometers away, sipping onto his milk once in awhile. Soon enough, he had arrived at the studio, locking his car wit the keys and head towards the main entrance of his studio. It isn't that big neither it's that small. It's just perfect for a few staff under him. He walked up a few staircase to reach his recording room, opening the door to be greeted by a bubbly Dongwoo.

"Hyung, you're here! I thought you're gonna be late" The older just snorts a little, flopping down onto the sofa and stares at the recording room that fits only a few people inside. "Well, you have such a sharp eyesight" He retorted back sassily, crossing his arms as he looks at the pouting Dongwoo before waving his right hand in the air. "Whatever. So who's this big company you're talking about?" He questioned and he was surprised when the younger male jumps towards him with a file in his hands. "I thought you never asked, hyung. Well, it's a growing company. It's not like it's YG Entertainment or SM Entertainment"

"So this company is like Jellyfish Entertainment?" Sunggyu raises his eyebrows, going through the file with a blatant look while Dongwoo is just explaining things that he isn't really good at. Researching. People's name. It's just terrible. "They're gonna have a new girl group debuting soon too! Nonetheless, this new idol is gonna be a hit. He's gonna debut soon. I think probably next month?" Dongwoo furrows his eyebrows and just shrugs his shoulders before poking the older's arm in excitement. "So hyung, any new muse for your music?" The male nodded his head and threw the file somewhere across the table to give him the music sheets.

"It isn't really a happy music. I mean like hell, I don't write happy music. I write depressing songs. So if this company ain't gonna buy my music with my name under it, I probably put them under my blacklist, Dongwoo" He went bough the music sheets, imagining how the song would be like and he grins brightly at Sunggyu. "Don't worry hyung. We are well known for depressing songs so they are here for depressing songs" He hopped off to the keyboard and plays out the music notes that Sunggyu had wrote; his smile getting wider as he thinks that this kind of music is just another perfect piece. "This is awesome hyung! We could totally get a big hit with this"

Sunggyu messes up his hair and lays down on the sofa and tilts his head to the side to look at his coworker. "It will be a big hit IF that new singer is gonna do his freaking job well and sang it right. I'm not gonna tolerate those who work half way in his . I would kick him out of my studio if I have to" He sighs and closes his eyes as the lighting at the ceiling had blinded him, reminding him a few pieces of memories of him and that fool. No, he's the fool here.

He groans softly as he felt his back is hurting, probably from his wrong sleeping position or maybe just from their previous night activity. He rubs his eyes, grunting under his breath and he was about to sat up to go and went to the bathroom to wash up but he was pulled down back onto the bed by the male who is sleeping beside him. "Hyung, where are you going?" That voice resounded in their bedroom and it sends shivers down his back for some sort of reason. "I'm going to bathroom to clean myself...so get off of me" Sunggyu gasps softly and his small eyes widened when they were flipped with him at the bottom and his lover on top of him. The light from the outside shown that perfect and sharp jawline and that mischievous smile on his lips. "Nope. I wanna shower you with my love in bed instead"

The older sighs again, catching Dongwoo's attention and that smile on his face dropped when he knew what was happening again. He rolls his chair towards the other, stopping right beside him and rest his head in his palms, supported by his knee. "Hyung, stop thinking about him. You have to be strong to show him that you really are okay. To show that you are fine without him" Sunggyu opens his eyes and looks at the younger, smiling softly and whispers under his breath. "The problem is I can't live without him. It's suffocating me. It's fine, Dongwoo. Don't worry much about me! I'll be fine after awhile" He sat up and stretches before walking to his table to start working on the music and lyrics for the new singer.

'But it's almost a year, hyung....'

 

 


 

 

Sorry for the late update! I've been too busy. My gosh, I'm so glad I have faithful and patient subscribers! Thank you so much! I don't think I would make this story have too much chapters. Probably around 5 or 6? If I got more than 100 subscribers, I'll consider making a sequel? I should really stop planning this future story of mine. I won't be able to update my other stories that way;; Notify me if I made mistakes somewhere okay? Thanks for reading!

Subcribe and give me lots of love! Upvotes will be appreciated! <3 Give me comments and feedbacks~

PS: most of my stories aren't really proof read. Sorry for the mistakes 3